Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Maggie Fletcher posted:

How wrong is it that I like the haircut?
The haircut is fine. The eyes are Uncanny Valley combined with downs syndrome and manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Humboldt Squid has a new favorite as of 12:05 on Sep 27, 2013

A Furious Foetus
Aug 15, 2009

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I hate every time I see some rear end in a top hat wearing them because I use them for trail running and they really are the loving bomb diggety but then you have assholes just walking around in them and every time someone gives me the side eye on the trail I imagine they're thinking I'm just another one of those assholes. It seriously gets my goat. They've cured my shin splints, given me extremely strong calves, and make trail running about a billion times easier, but they still make me feel like the rear end in a top hat in that picture.

But! In case you needed a "paleo" version of these things (eyeroll), here are chain mail shoes. For the Nice Gent who will wear them for everything but running. M'lady.

http://boingboing.net/2013/01/09/chainmail-running-shoes.html

How wrong is it that I like the haircut?

I'm now in the same boat as you. I haven't seen anyone just walking about wearing them but now that I know there are people wearing them for fashion rather than what they're intended for I'm going to feel like a bit of a cock wearing them. Mine are bright orange as well so they draw the eye oh God gently caress you people wearing them to look different.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 22:08 on Apr 2, 2014

miserable lil onion
Oct 15, 2008

A Furious Foetus posted:

I'm now in the same boat as you. I haven't seen anyone just walking about wearing them but now that I know there are people wearing them for fashion rather than what they're intended for I'm going to feel like a bit of a cock wearing them. Mine are bright orange as well so they draw the eye oh God gently caress you people wearing them to look different.

Is it really so awful if people think you like how your shoes look? Yes they are trendy, but all that means is they draw way less attention.

poo poo, at one of my jobs I'm required to wear a drat fanny pack. One time a nine-year-old made fun of me.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 22:08 on Apr 2, 2014

miserable lil onion
Oct 15, 2008

Inspector Zenigata posted:

You know you're posting in the thread where we make fun of people based off of their appearances and fashion, right?

Yes, and the guy in the black jeans and top hat casually graveyard reading should give us some perspective! :colbert:

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

He couldn't shell out extra money for something better than black jeans? That bothers me more than anything else in the picture because if you are going to spend cash on looking ridiculous you might as well go whole hog and get some velvet or silk trousers.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Opera Bitch posted:

He couldn't shell out extra money for something better than black jeans? That bothers me more than anything else in the picture because if you are going to spend cash on looking ridiculous you might as well go whole hog and get some velvet or silk trousers.
Uhm, have you ever tried getting graveyard dirt out of silk trousers? It's a nightmare I tell you. Don't hate on a dude for being practical!

(The jeans were really the thing I noticed first as well.)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The soil in graveyards is treacherous, doubly so if the graveyard is poorly maintained, often the sediment becomes intensely muddy with even the slightest moisture. Visiting graveyards in the Fall or Winter season is not advised, the mud becomes so thick that your shoes will feel like they are being torn away from velcro ends.

Wear proper graveyard attire.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Shwqa posted:

:sigh: As quickly as a the doobie dog thread cheers me up, this thread bring me down. Might as well ride this awkward all the way down, with a side by side of sort of similar poses.

This isn't that awkward. Doesn't he draw a comic or does something online?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

JebanyPedal posted:

often the sediment becomes intensely muddy with even the slightest moisture.

Is this how zombies escape their graves?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Flaggy posted:

This isn't that awkward. Doesn't he draw a comic or does something online?

Yes. It's most famous for its storyline where a character had a miscarriage and then he made a post explaining how miscarriages are often harder on the man.

e: I misremembered it. While what he said was still pretty bad, he did say often harder on the woman.

TTBF has a new favorite as of 14:18 on Sep 27, 2013

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

If I saw this man doing this on my grandfather's grave, I would make him eat his book and step on his hat.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

TTBF posted:

Yes. It's most famous for its storyline where a character had a miscarriage and then he made a post explaining how miscarriages are often harder on the man.
Let's be fair, he said harder on the woman.

Tim Buckley posted:

A miscarriage is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for couples to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the woman than on the man. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Is this one of those things where if you win a contest for making your prom dress out of duct tape, you get an awesome school related prize?

Edit: yeah, the winners get a $5,000 scholarship and $5,000 dollars for their school.

I was gonna say it's hard for me to make fun of them for doing something really creative for a contest, but then I saw this years winner:

Tears In A Vial has a new favorite as of 14:04 on Sep 27, 2013

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Let's be fair, he said harder on the woman.

Often harder on the woman implies that it's sometimes harder for the man.

Anyway the dude had a miscarriage storyline in a comedy gaming webcoming. You don't recover from that.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

FrozenVent posted:

Often harder on the woman implies that it's sometimes harder for the man.
Could just imply that it's sometimes equally hard. And sometimes isn't the same as often either. :colbert:

FrozenVent posted:

Anyway the dude had a miscarriage storyline in a comedy gaming webcoming. You don't recover from that.
Yeah, I wasn't exactly trying to defend the dude. Kinda hard to do that and post that quote at the same time. :v:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Okay, a bit late, but;

"Read more: All girls like rough sex"

This is literally a rapist's stream-of-conciousness

Calico Heart has a new favorite as of 14:49 on Sep 27, 2013

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Opera Bitch posted:

I think leather or pleather pants would at least go with the jacket. Still wouldn't make him any less awkward though.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Zack_Gochuck posted:

If I saw this man doing this on my grandfather's grave, I would make him eat his book and step on his hat.

I would too. Except I never visit his grave, lets not kid ourselves here.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Please let this be a cosplay. Real people cannot possibly dress this hilarious.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Why would somebody put this as their linkedin profile picture?

Switchback has a new favorite as of 17:14 on Sep 27, 2013

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am guessing female? The top most chin throws me off though.

edit

:stare: There are no ears.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

euphronius posted:

I am guessing female? The top most chin throws me off though.

I wouldn't hazard a guess as to gender. It's... gently caress, LinkedIn, really?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

euphronius posted:

How else would it wear glasses.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

euphronius posted:

Holy poo poo, it's Rob from Tails Gets Trolled.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Tears In A Vial posted:

Is this one of those things where if you win a contest for making your prom dress out of duct tape, you get an awesome school related prize?

Edit: yeah, the winners get a $5,000 scholarship and $5,000 dollars for their school.

I was gonna say it's hard for me to make fun of them for doing something really creative for a contest, but then I saw this years winner:

These people look like they are in their thirties.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Switchback posted:

Maybe every other picture she had looked even worse.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Opera Bitch posted:

Psh, nothing wrong with black jeans.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Switchback posted:

This woman looks exactly like a ham.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

RideTheSpiral posted:

I was thinking thumbhead would work too.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

RideTheSpiral posted:

M_Sinistrari posted:

I was thinking thumbhead would work too.

Ham Rove's half-sister, Thumbelina.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013

VoidBurger posted:

Please let this be a cosplay. Real people cannot possibly dress this hilarious.

You don't even know, man. A few days ago, I was walking back to my dorm and there was this somewhat chubby, pale fellow sitting at one of the picnic table-things by the entrance, reading his phone. He had that same hat on. As well as a t-shirt and a pair of basketball shorts.
:shrug:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Gary owns and there is nothing wrong with this. Gary knows how to party.

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
By the way, actual content!
:nws:Pony Butt-plugs:nws:

This just baffles me. Why would someone make this?

:wtc:

Egregious Offences has a new favorite as of 22:21 on Sep 27, 2013

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Egregious Offences posted:

By the way, actual content!
:nws:Pony Butt-plugs:nws:

This just baffles me. Why would someone make this?

:wtc:

It's a BDSM thing, although that company seems to be actively attempting to court the MLP fandom - and it's not the first I've seen to try and link bronies to ponyplay (it rarely works, because MOST people in the BDSM subcultures hate bronies as much as everyone else).

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Switchback posted:

Anita Paraears, founder of Goiters, Inc.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

You can actually listen to that '70s album here (scroll down). Gary's some kind of psychotherapist now and that's his website. Note that one of the songs on the album is even about the little red phonebook he has tucked in the front of his waistband on the album cover! The album is somehow simultaneously better and worse than I was expecting from the cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Ken Levine travels back in time to the 1970s.

• Locked thread