Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Just did that per your recommendation. Tonya did have a mission for me, and I did it, but it wasn't that 1 left on the character switcher, so I basically did one of those lame tow truck missions for nothing :negative:

She'll probably end up giving you another then if you call her again, or will show up on the map to give you the final one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Just did that per your recommendation. Tonya did have a mission for me, and I did it, but it wasn't that 1 left on the character switcher, so I basically did one of those lame tow truck missions for nothing :negative:

You have tow truck missions up until you buy the place, so keep it up!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Alright people, admit it. The Grotti Carbonizzare is actually some big internet hoax and doesn't actually exist, does it?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dewgy posted:

You have tow truck missions up until you buy the place, so keep it up!
They're so boring, though! :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

Alright people, admit it. The Grotti Carbonizzare is actually some big internet hoax and doesn't actually exist, does it?

Pretty sure I've driven one!

They're so boring, though! :(

You'll just love that the fact that buying it for 150k or so will let you tow cars at will for around 500 bucks a pop, meaning you'll get your investment back in around never.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

SpazmasterX posted:

If only we could order whatever vehicle we wanted from the online car shops. :shepface:

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

thehustler posted:

100% complete. Joint effort with the wife. Stunt jumps suck cock but somehow I found 25 I could do.

Bring on GTA:O!

I am dreading doing those 25 stunt jumps. All I have left to do is collect 50 notes/parts, the two S&F missions that are linked to the collections and the stunt jumps.

I think the worst part so far has been the boring races. The AI slams on the brakes if you get too far behind after crashing or something, then they just rubberband like crazy if you get too far ahead, so it really doesn't feel as though you're accomplishing a drat thing.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

JackRabbitStorm posted:

I didn't see this, but I just quickly scanned the page.

http://www.gta5tv.com/gta-v-pc-release-date/

Tentative for 11/22/13

Well it smells like bullshit since they say the source is Rockstar themselves and it would have been announced on their site if there was actually any sort of official statement, and that mockup is clearly fake since there's no way Rockstar will use GFWL since it's dying in June.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Aurain posted:

Pretty sure I've driven one!

You'll just love that the fact that buying it for 150k or so will let you tow cars at will for around 500 bucks a pop, meaning you'll get your investment back in around never.

You'd have to tow 300 cars just to break even.

Hahahaha what was Rockstar thinking.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

I thought you got paid based on how many cars are destroyed in the game during the week. Or is the junkyard different?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Capn Beeb posted:

If only we could order whatever vehicle we wanted from the online car shops. :shepface:

Can't order that one in any site I can find! :v:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

El Hefe posted:

"It's just as tedious as real life, people will love it!"

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
How do you flip people off from your car? I saw posts saying to press L1 when unarmed, but I can't make myself be unarmed in the car. :confused: If I select unarmed before I get in a car, my guy still shoots when I'm in the car.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The only way all these properties make sense are if R* designed them as money sinks, you aren't supposed to make money off of them.

I think the only one that turns in a profit rather quickly is the submarine one.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

JackRabbitStorm posted:

I didn't see this, but I just quickly scanned the page.

http://www.gta5tv.com/gta-v-pc-release-date/

Tentative for 11/22/13

No. That would be bullshit. I want GTA V for PC. Rockstar says nothing about PC so I assume it is either never coming or coming in spring/summer. Not 2 loving months after I buy a console version due to a word never being said about a PC version. Yes, I'm mad about hypothetical video games.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bought like $20,000 worth of Piswasser shares because why not!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

lady blue shanghai posted:

How do you flip people off from your car? I saw posts saying to press L1 when unarmed, but I can't make myself be unarmed in the car. :confused: If I select unarmed before I get in a car, my guy still shoots when I'm in the car.

The square/X button toggles your in car weapon when you're driving. There's an unarmed setting that you can toggle to, though if you have a lot of weapons usable in a car it might take awhile to find it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

lady blue shanghai posted:

Switch to unarmed while in the car by hitting X (Square on PS3) until you pick the fist. There's no weapon wheel in cars, you just cycle through.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
http://www.shacknews.com/article/81287/bully-sequel-could-go-a-lot-of-directions-says-rockstar

Only tangentially related to GTA, but Dan Houser says he'd like to make a sequel to Bully. He says in the interview that he doesn't really see Jimmy becoming a GTA-protagonist; that he's not that much of a dirtbag. Personally, I think the best thing for a Bully sequel would be Jimmy going to a prestigious university. Expand the time scale a little bit, give us all four years of undergrad to play with so we can see characters grow and change as they discover themselves in college, maybe let some of our decisions effect that as time progresses. Give us a bigger college town to run around in and maybe a whole frat/sorority system for factions.

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.
So PIS is up to $5.56 on PS3 and HAL is up to $6.97. Total I've gotten an additional $6 mil on top of my initial investments. Wondering if I should let it go another day, see if I can squeeze a little more out of it or if it's time to start looking at another stock. ZIT's on the decline..maybe we can make that our next project.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

SpazmasterX posted:

Can't order that one in any site I can find! :v:

I know, I'm just being a grumpy butt. There's a bunch of cars I wish you could order :(

Also I'm about to do the first assassination mission for Lester, who is Betta's competition? A buddy of mine did the one for Redwood and Debonaire cigarettes. Cashed out on Debonaire, put money in Redwood after it recovered, and made 300% combined ROI :signings:

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Set it in Boston, thin him out, give him laser tattoo removal, then let the player get fat and inked up again over the course of the school year.

Or just give him a cameo.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
So, has anyone else had the police shoot at them even when the mini-map says that they're hidden? I was doing one of my usual rampages as Trevor and hid in a bush in the middle of the desert. The mini-map indicator was grey, the stars were flashing, and I wasn't in any officers' sight cones. (Except for the helicopter, but I wasn't seen) Except there was this one gunman in the helicopter who just kept shooting me. Like, as far as the game was concerned he couldn't "see" me, but he just kept firing at me and would have killed me if the wanted level hadn't disappeared before he fired one last volley at me. It was one of the weirdest things I've experienced in this game...

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Okay, now I'm done all the missions for all of the characters (for now, at least) and I'm at 75% complete.

That silhouette at the bottom of the character switcher...is that going to be for launching GTA:Online?

Saltin
Aug 20, 2003
Don't touch

Okay, now I'm done all the missions for all of the characters (for now, at least) and I'm at 75% complete.

That silhouette at the bottom of the character switcher...is that going to be for launching GTA:Online?

Yes that is for your online guy.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
:ducksiren: new cheat time :ducksiren:

Super Jump
PS3: left, left, Triangle, Triangle, right, right, Left, Right, Square, R1, R2.
XBOX: left, left, y, y, right, right, left, right, x, rb, rt

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Bought like $20,000 worth of Piswasser shares because why not!

Bought like $5,000,000 of Piswasser shares because why not :shepface:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I wonder if there's a yet-to-be-discovered cheat that will make moneymaking trivial, so that you use it, get money, save it, then load your file without cheats and carry on.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Pleads posted:

Bought like $5,000,000 of Piswasser shares because why not :shepface:

I just split 30 million to Piswasser and 40 mil to H and L. Here's hoping it keeps going up!

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

Pudgygiant posted:

Where's the best place for an epic police showdown? Somewhere with good cover and not a lot of entrances. I tried a parking garage, it's good until they start landing on the roof.

There is a house south of Trevor's trailer, in the nicer part of town, that is under construction and is covered in tarps and scaffolds. You can climb to a porch that is covered and supposed to be inaccessible, you have a clear shot out one side that cops could fit through if they knew to jump to that balcony, and a small space between the tarps at the other end where you can shoot up the street. I can hold out there pretty much indefinitely, but so far haven't been able to get it to 5 stars.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Capn Beeb posted:

Super Jump
Just tried this out. It's more like a Prototype/Saints Row 4 upgraded character type jump rather than a Crysis edited config file jump, which is sort of disappointing for a cheat, but it's still really fun. I'm trying out on the beach right now (where I just woke up), but I need to try it in the city.

If you hit anything while coming down, the fall damage doesn't seem to be any worse than a regular jump.

e: Hahaha, if you're around a lot of people when you do this, they all turn around and stare at you when you reach the ground and they talk about you like you're a superhero.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 28, 2013

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

El Hefe posted:

The only way all these properties make sense are if R* designed them as money sinks, you aren't supposed to make money off of them.

I think the only one that turns in a profit rather quickly is the submarine one.

Absolutely nothing in the game has a significant payout once you actually have access to it other than the first and last heists. Some of the random encounters have five digit payouts, but with the sole exception of the one that gives you stocks, I didn't see them until after I'd finished the main plot at which point that's not a big deal and you can only do them once anyway.

It's literally impossible to buy all the properties without substantially playing the stock market. Either Rockstar's making some kind of comment there, or really really wants people to use that (really rudimentary and boring) system.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
You know how your vehicle ends up parked next to you after the various transitions? This meant Trevors submarine was parked up in a high end hotel car park.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Any goons know how long it takes for custom license plates to get added to your game after you've ordered one through the iFruit app?

I'm eagerly awaiting the chance to take selfies with my BAITCAR and it's been about 4 days now.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Super Jump
Ahahaha this + attack is the best thing.

Still waiting for the god mode cheat :pray: Though I guess someone would've found it by now. :(

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Things got a bit weird at muscle beach today

And the detail of the world continues to blows me away. I've used this outdoor toilet at Venice beach in real life. Though not with a tuxedo and pig mask on

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 28, 2013

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

Still waiting for the god mode cheat :pray: Though I guess someone would've found it by now. :(

I found it on reddit.

Reddit was useful for once. I feel dirty.

However there's a somewhat interesting post for how people might/are figuring out cheats:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/1nb6uw/super_jump_cheat/

It's pretty :spergin: but hey.

E:

How do I set default weapons for a character? I thought I read somewhere you could do that.

more friedman units
Jul 7, 2010

The next six months will be critical.

El Hefe posted:

Property incomes should be a lot more than what they are now to make them worth buying.

The Hen House: costs $80,000, pays out $920 a week.
Scrapyard: costs $275,000, pays out $150 per car. 1,833 cars TO BREAK EVEN.

Maybe if they multiplied payments by 10 to 20 it'd make properties more reasonable.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Ugh, thank god I think I'm done with arms collection missions. gently caress that lovely dune buggy so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stare-Out posted:

Hahahaha I just tried this. It's just as fantastic as I hoped it would be :allears:

• Locked thread