Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Great Rumbler posted:

B reminded me a lot of Arale from Dr. Slump.

Yeah, it hit the nostalgia button and looks like it will be great, so that got my vote, but I would have accepted anything but the pony girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

1-Up posted:

Has anyone checked out the 100$ 3d-printer The Peachy Printer?
I'm thinking for a 100 it can be something fun to gently caress around with but not so much if it's a complete poo poo/scam.

Scam? Probably not. Complete poo poo? There's not enough information to call it either way. I've thrown a pledge at them already, but unless more information comes through before the end of the Kickstarter I'll probably withdraw the pledge.

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow

Shalinor posted:

Did it get a big nod somewhere? That's a heck of a surge to come out of nowhere - did one of the giant Kickstarters give them a strong mention, maybe?

Cliff Bleszinski ‏gave the game a shout out out on twitter this morning maybe that's what did it.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?
Whoever was saying they'd back Neverending Nightmares when it hit $90k, it's just about there, with 20 hours to go. It could totally make it.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Shalinor posted:

EDIT: VV Thanks! Still 24 hours left to go, we may yet hit Chinatown!

Threw in :10bux:, hope you guys make it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Shalinor posted:

Whoever was saying they'd back Neverending Nightmares when it hit $90k, it's just about there, with 20 hours to go. It could totally make it.

That was me. What a crazy push. Backing now. I really thought this had no chance a few days ago.

It seems like ending kickstarters on weekends really helps too with the final push. Would love to see final 3 days numbers for games that end on weekdays versus games that end on weekends. I wonder if it makes any difference.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Watching Neverending Nightmares is stressing me out! I really hope it makes it, I always appreciate media (whether it be movies, music, games, whatever) with a strong sense of authorship or personality. From everything that's come up about this game, it really does seem like he's putting himself into the game with his all.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I cancelled my $12 early bird pledge. Just a heads up if any goon wanted to get this. I need my gaming budget for Pokemon this month.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

gently caress This Puzzle posted:

There is something to be said about not selling your soul. Like I wouldn't want Total Biscuit to do a video on a game I made even though it'd turn a lot of people on to it.

What's wrong with Total Biscuit? I remember he did a video on D:OS back when the Kickstarter was going on, which was cool of him. Didn't seem particularly annoying either, though he's still not someone I would subscribe to.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Phlegmish posted:

What's wrong with Total Biscuit? I remember he did a video on D:OS back when the Kickstarter was going on, which was cool of him. Didn't seem particularly annoying either, though he's still not someone I would subscribe to.

MRA type guy, if I remember correctly. Shows up a lot in GAMER.TXT thread.

I don't know the guy, I literally just know him from that thread.

He seemed like a cock.

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

He seemed like a cock.

He's also an ego in a man costume, only good now and then for an occasional poorly informed Twitter meltdown.

Actual content: got really excited at a Dark Lands kickstarter then saw it was for a board game :saddowns:

Poe fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 29, 2013

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

He seemed like a cock.

Can you link some of the stuff he's said? That sounds hilarious.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Dissapointed Owl posted:

He seemed like a cock.

From what I can tell from the thread, he's a YouTube video personality who has YouTube comments posted by the usual YouTube commenters on his YouTube videos. But by all means, let's have a retarded circlejerk about it in the Kickstarter thread.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I remember someone with that moniker posting here and being a real asshat, but I never kept track of them and never bothered checking this guy's reviews or whatever out either.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Hat Thoughts posted:

Watching Neverending Nightmares is stressing me out! I really hope it makes it, I always appreciate media (whether it be movies, music, games, whatever) with a strong sense of authorship or personality. From everything that's come up about this game, it really does seem like he's putting himself into the game with his all.

Well I caved, I donated to Neverending Nightmares. All this talk here convinced me to see what it was all about. I really hope it makes it.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Megazver posted:

From what I can tell from the thread, he's a YouTube video personality who has YouTube comments posted by the usual YouTube commenters on his YouTube videos. But by all means, let's have a retarded circlejerk about it in the Kickstarter thread.

Here, have a sampler:

TOTALBUTTRESS HEH posted:

Let's get this out here right now. I'm a 23 year old law graduate with an IQ of 155.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Tezzeract posted:

This kickstarter isn't live yet, but it looks pretty promising: Faeria which is a hex based card game with some very nice art.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1464350149/321606173?token=211781f6

I'm not sure how it'll compare with the current computer TCGs, but it looks like it has potential.

Looks cool, but I have a feeling people might be starting to get TCG fatigue.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

The Moon Monster posted:

Looks cool, but I have a feeling people might be starting to get TCG fatigue.

At least it looks like it doesn't have a pack-buying scheme, which puts it one over a lot of TCG games I see out there. Sadly, it's not going to be making the same kind of money, I'm guessing cynically, but I appreciate it as a CCG addict (not that I collect these days, but it's like how you never stop being an alcoholic...) :(

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

The Dark One posted:

Threw in :10bux:, hope you guys make it.
Thanks! We're not getting a crazy Neverending Nightmares surge (they are totally going to make it, how cool), but we're definitely ticking up faster than usual. It's cool to see!

(Only 9 hours now, btw - so close!)

EDIT: VVV reasonably good odds those are real. Matt Gilgenbach is well known and liked in development circles, and any of us that know him have been cheering that kickstarter on the entire time. Could be a lot of Cliffy B-level people just wanted to make sure that he got to make his game.

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 29, 2013

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
All of a sudden, Neverending Nightmares Kickstarter ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/infinitap/neverending-nightmares ) got a huge 8k boost. It seems that they all (most?) went for the same 1000 dollar painting reward tier.

Pretty drat cool, but what's the likelihood of some wealthy backers bailing out in the last hour?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

total agreement posted:

Pretty drat cool, but what's the likelihood of some wealthy backers bailing out in the last hour?

It can't go below funded now.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Shalinor posted:

Thanks! We're not getting a crazy Neverending Nightmares surge (they are totally going to make it, how cool), but we're definitely ticking up faster than usual. It's cool to see!

Back from vacation at the last minute, and finally in. This looks SO good.

Kepa
Jul 23, 2011

My goal as a game developer is just to make gnome puns

Shalinor posted:

Make sure to stare at your Kickstarter page as it ends, because there's a seconds countdown right before it closes.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011

Obsurveyor posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/infinitap/neverending-nightmares/comments

Hah, it seems someone pledged 9500 by accident, he's freaking out right now.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Obsurveyor posted:

The guy who contributed said he meant to put $95 and accidentally put $9,500. He's currently freaking out in the comments.

Edit: Beaten. I just hope this doesn't slow down the contributions. :(

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 29, 2013

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Can't he just change it back to $95? Or does it not allow you to do that once you pledge above a certain amount, in order to discourage pledge trolling?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

Can't he just change it back to $95? Or does it not allow you to do that once you pledge above a certain amount, in order to discourage pledge-trolling?

You can't withdraw a pledge that would take the project below the minimum funding within 24 hours of close.

I've always wondered what happened to "bounced" pledges, the ones that get credit card declines and then the project falls under funding number.

diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz

Obsurveyor posted:

Why is this? Can people not back out after a project hits it funding goal?

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

diadem posted:

Yup. There's some rule that locks it in during the last 24 hours I think.

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -
Wow what an unfortunate mess. And the dude seems to have vaporlocked -- it sure seems like the first step would be to reduce your pledge as much as possible, but he's still just posting about his mistake.

saihate
Oct 16, 2009

ID: ththththt
PASS: hthththth
I pledged for Hot Tin Roof, really hope it reaches the Chinatown Stretch Goal, it sounds really interesting.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

diadem posted:

You can, but only if it doesn't reduce it to below the level needed for funding. It's to stop someone from making a huge pledge early on and cancelling it and making it fail last minute to troll a project.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
The , and . can be pretty confusing for amounts of money in different countries.

10 thousand bucks and 32 cents:

USA: $10,000.32
EU: €10.000,32

He managed the lower the most amount away, but he still pledged 3k more than he wanted.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

total agreement posted:

He managed the lower the most amount away, but he still pledged 3k more than he wanted.
So long as he watches it like a hawk, he can probably keep reducing it. The KS has serious inertia, it won't just be stopping at $99k.

saihate posted:

I pledged for Hot Tin Roof, really hope it reaches the Chinatown Stretch Goal, it sounds really interesting.
If we hit the Chinatown goal, I'm committing to adding NPC schedules too, I think. Because of how Chinatown is post-launch vs NPC goals is pre-launch, it works out, budget-wise.

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 29, 2013

diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

You can, but only if it doesn't reduce it to below the level needed for funding. It's to stop someone from making a huge pledge early on and cancelling it and making it fail last minute to troll a project.

As someone on the receiving end of this, i can appreciate that contingency. I just wish there was a way to ask people the real reason they backed out so I don't have to make assumptions.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

diadem posted:

As someone on the receiving end of this, i can appreciate that contingency. I just wish there was a way to ask people the real reason they backed out so I don't have to make assumptions.
Interesting, I never knew about this until today. Does this kind of thing happen a lot, where someone accidentally goes way over? I'd think it would, but this is the first example I've seen.

Also for failed credit card transactions and the like, don't they still count towards the goal and can still make sure the project is "successful", but the project owner has to eat the cost and won't be able to use the money? I seem to remember the Double Fine kickstarter had something like $100k worth of failed transactions. And if this is the case, what's to stop someone from backing for a few thousand dollars and just cancelling the charges after the Kickstarter ends? Other than the desire to be a good human being, but this is the internet here.

Anyway what excitement, following the comments on the Neverending Nightmare page :suspense: What the hell, I'm going to throw a few dollars at it after all.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

diadem posted:

As someone who's had to cancel a few times (though not on a huge scale), there's a box for sending an apology note or explanation attached to the confirmation dialogue. I've also had a project maintainer send me a message through Kickstarter asking why. Of course, there's no guarantee that you'll get a good answer either way.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

And if this is the case, what's to stop someone from backing for a few thousand dollars and just cancelling the charges after the Kickstarter ends? Other than the desire to be a good human being, but this is the internet here.

Pretty much nothing. I know of one case where a project-saving pledge fell through (Jack Houston and the Necronauts) after the drive ended, but apparently they got to keep the rest of the money and found a way to make up the difference.

Your credit card company or Amazon might have something to say if you dick around like that, though.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From the neverending nightmares kickstarter:

quote:

You guys are awesome. Only $2k more to go before Thomas is back where he wanted to be. :-D
I will strongly consider naming the characters Thomas and Gabrielle. :) That's a good idea!
-Matt

Gabriel is the backer who accidentally backed it for $9500, and Thomas is a guy who put in $3000 extra so Gabriel could get out his money :v:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Shalinor posted:

Did it get a big nod somewhere? That's a heck of a surge to come out of nowhere - did one of the giant Kickstarters give them a strong mention, maybe?
Pewpewdie did a playthrough of the demo, it got 1.5 million views.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
A bunch of people upped their pledges to help the guy out which is pretty awesome.