Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

American Dad, the show that you have to explain to people that it's not like Family Guy, will begin its tenth season on Fox this Sunday, as well as being the final season that Fox will air. Thankfully, TBS will air the eleventh season (and possibly more if they ask for additional ones).

As usual, American Dad will air on Sunday on Fox at 9:30 p.m. EST.

This Sunday's episode: Steve & Snot's Test-Tubular Adventure
Steve attempts to use a CIA cloning machine to create a super-hot prom date.

Hopefully, we'll get to see Minstrel Krampus this year. I don't know if there's another Christmas episode planned for this year.

Oh, and don't forget...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm psyched for a new season, and I'm glad it's been picked up by TBS. It'll probably be even better under TBS.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
I'm disappointed in advance with whatever they replace this with, but at least the series won't just outright be coming to an end. I wonder if this will mimic Family Guy where as soon as it becomes popular enough again they'll take it back.

I love that the terrorist threat level chart is actually on the fridge.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Hell yeah. FIRE UP THE CLOWN CAR, LANDO.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Liar posted:

I'm disappointed in advance with whatever they replace this with, but at least the series won't just outright be coming to an end. I wonder if this will mimic Family Guy where as soon as it becomes popular enough again they'll take it back.

I love that the terrorist threat level chart is actually on the fridge.

My only disappointment with that was that there was no g/g scene with Hailey. But the guy playing Roger really knew his part.

All I can hope is some channel up here in Canada will get the rights to broadcast it. if it moves to TBS I doubt Global will keep it, and it would just be odd on another channel randomly. It will probably end up like Archer being shown on Teletoon a year behind.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Whaaaaaat :aaaaa:

Well... all right. More American Dad is a good thing. Hopefully its budget doesn't take a huge hit, though.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

I'm psyched for a new season, and I'm glad it's been picked up by TBS. It'll probably be even better under TBS.

The fun part is that TBS's 1st season of American Dad can mostly consist of the backlog of episodes that Fox decided not to air for various reasons.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
So, why is it season 10 instead of 9?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Revol posted:

Whaaaaaat :aaaaa:

Well... all right. More American Dad is a good thing. Hopefully its budget doesn't take a huge hit, though.

I'm really late to this party but the reason TBS picked up the 11th season is it's already done. American Dad has a ridiculous number of episodes in the can and we've known for a while, if it were to be canceled, there'd be at least a full season left if not over that.

That said, I hope they do pick it up for a 12th. But for the 11th, the budget won't change because they're literally just waiting around to be aired.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Right when I developed my gif making addiction, I got into American Dad. So I have too many gifs, here- have some.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Did anyone find out what's going to happen with the unaired Christmas episode?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

ProjektorBoy posted:

The fun part is that TBS's 1st season of American Dad can mostly consist of the backlog of episodes that Fox decided not to air for various reasons.

I hope this is the case - the idea of 10 episode American Dad season is sad. Reminds me of how Aqua Teen Hunger Force has become.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hopefully they keep up the quality standard that was set with the Jeff and Sinbad episode. I don't think I've quite seen anything like it outside of a Doctor Who episode. I loved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B6E0mijV5A

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Riiiiicky Spanish

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Not now Hayley, I'm zombie dancing with my son.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

The Dark Project posted:

Because it's the 10th season.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The Dark Project posted:

If you go by production season, it will mostly be episodes from season 8.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

Did anyone find out what's going to happen with the unaired Christmas episode?

Airing this year iirc.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Well, my apologies to American Dad. Both Patriots football AND Breaking Bad finale tonight. DVR only lets me record two things (or watch one, record the other,) so American Dad loses this battle.

They still rerun the next Monday on Adult Swim, right?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Breaking Bad is on UK netflix not long after (immediately?) it airs in the US so if you've an account and Hola unblocker you could do that to watch/record American Dad

Pimparoo
Jul 29, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

Are they doing the Thriller dance? Which episode is this from?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Pimparoo posted:

Are they doing the Thriller dance? Which episode is this from?

"Roy Rogers McFreely"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

"Roy Rogers McFreely"

That episode has one of my favorite Stan lines, too.

"Don’t worry, I’m fine. The system’s gonna pull that boot right out of my rear end and sew my anus up nice and tight. Might even get it bleached. Birthday’s coming up."

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Capn Beeb posted:

Proof that Hayley is the worst character on the show, right here.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

DrBouvenstein posted:

"Don’t worry, I’m fine. The system’s gonna pull that boot right out of my rear end and sew my anus up nice and tight. Might even get it bleached. Birthday’s coming up."

I propose that a warning label be placed on all horse radish that clearly states that if you ingest an entire bottle you will blow out your sphincter. Also, if anyone knows anyone who recently died with an intact size three sphincter, please contact me as I'm currently very low on the waiting list for a doner.

Also Stan's exchange with Hayley about sticking it to the man was pretty good.

:byodood: WE'RE GONNA *bweep* UP SOME *bweep* :byodood:

Ninety percent less :stare:

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Also on the Roy Rogers McFreely tip, Cilantro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN0X7hHNpuk

I want Ween to reunite and turn that into a sprawling epic like Buenas Tardes Amigo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

DrBouvenstein posted:

I ate horseradish for the first time after that episode and well I should have paid more attention

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Scott Bakula posted:

I ate horseradish for the first time after that episode and well I should have paid more attention

How high are you on the waiting list for a new sphincter?

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Well at least The Clevland Show was cancelled. I wouldn't want to live in a world where American Dad is dropped but Clevland show goes on.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Irritated to hear that Fox is dropping the show, but yeah, atleast we're going to see more episodes on TBS. God, I hope it does well ratings-wise. Hopefully it won't get a lovely time slot like on sundays.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If Family guy is still allowed to air new episodes, then if there is any justice in this world American Dad will stay in production until after Family guy dies.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
What is with this show and male friends casually kissing?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
D.N.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Fly-Goldblum Hybrid!

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

God, I've missed you, American Dad.

Want that dodo.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Why is Old Navy using a song about stalking to sell pants?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

For the same reason Hershey uses a song about sex to sell chocolate. They're ignorant jerks.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Accelerated aging? This is gonna get so hosed up.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Mister Kingdom posted:

Why was a song about scoring heroin used to sell cruises?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Revol posted:

Accelerated aging? This is gonna get so hosed up.

They are gonna die of old age at prom.

• Locked thread