Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004

Dragonatrix posted:

Seems that the No Country for Old Men reference random event is repeatable. I got it twice tonight, and I definitely managed it "correctly" the first time. I guess it works like the wallet events just with a larger payout.

Are most of these types of events one time only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Pleatherface posted:

Are most of these types of events one time only?

Once you complete them they generally don't come up again. You can usually fail them and they'll reappear, though.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Slim Killington posted:

gently caress, BAWSAQ is down and all my money is tied up in it

I'm glad that I'm not finished the game yet so I only have a bit of money being destroyed in the market- not sure if I'm going to hold onto PIS or sell. Since it does not seem iFruit allows me to sell, I think I'm going to hold just because I'd have to put the game in. drat studying.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I sold all my PIS shares as Franklin a few minutes ago but I only made like $25 grand over my initial investment. I hadn't invested all that much. I really should have put more into it. Oh well. I forget if I bought any as Michael or Trevor. I'll have to check.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dragonatrix posted:

Seems that the No Country for Old Men reference random event is repeatable. I got it twice tonight, and I definitely managed it "correctly" the first time. I guess it works like the wallet events just with a larger payout.

Really? I've driven past there dozens of times and only seen it once. I can't get the weed farm to show up more than once either.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I sold all my PIS shares as Franklin a few minutes ago but I only made like $25 grand over my initial investment. I hadn't invested all that much. I really should have put more into it. Oh well. I forget if I bought any as Michael or Trevor. I'll have to check.

I made 39 mil with trevor, 16 mil with franklin, and gently caress all with michael because i bought that stupid movie theater.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

Really? I've driven past there dozens of times and only seen it once. I can't get the weed farm to show up more than once either.
The weed farm one is supposed to be repeatable, it even says upon completion to come back in a week and it has its own little icon too. I've done it once and it hasn't reappeared in two weeks now.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I also did the weed farm a hundred weeks ago and it still hasn't showed up again, even if I drive there with all the characters it still doesn't show up.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I wonder, is GTA:Online going to be activated at midnight, or is it later tomorrow?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I'm kind of hoping midnight, because although I work from home, it's been busy lately and I want me some playtime.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They're probably keeping everybody in suspense so people don't all rush in at the exact same time.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Anybody know where to find the "Drive" homage jacket?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

So Ammu-Nation stock was up in the 700s a few days ago but I'm seeing it at 363 right now on the 360. Should I get in?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Question about the ending, OBVIOUSLY end of story spoilers: So you can kill Michael or Trevor and lock them out of the rest of the endgame. Does that not lock out a ridiculous amount of content, like character-specific trophies, strangers, random missions etc? That seems an unnecesarily harsh punishment for picking a non-'good' ending. Thankfully I took option C but I was really tempted to kill Trevor.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Question about the ending, OBVIOUSLY end of story spoilers: So you can kill Michael or Trevor and lock them out of the rest of the endgame. Does that not lock out a ridiculous amount of content, like character-specific trophies, strangers, random missions etc? That seems an unnecesarily harsh punishment for picking a non-'good' ending. Thankfully I took option C but I was really tempted to kill Trevor.

Yeah it does. I don't think any of their content counts for 100 though. Its just a really wierd thing.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Lasher posted:

So I did the Omega missions and got the special prize and almost IMMEDIATELY flipped it. It's gone for good isn't it? I went to try and maybe get a car to shunt it over before thinking maybe I could flip it myself but no... That gaudy angel is gone.

You're gonna hate hearing this but you can flip an upside-down car back over with the left stick.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Yeah it does. I don't think any of their content counts for 100 though. Its just a really wierd thing.

Well that is just total horseshit. I would be pissed if I had to miss out on a bunch of stranger missions and stuff just because I decided that it would be cool to kill one of the main characters. They could have offered a roll-back to just before the final mission like every other game. Hell, even RDR allowed you to continue literally every aspect of the game bar one mission.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Fuligin posted:

Anybody know where to find the "Drive" homage jacket?

There is a suburban store in Sandy Shores or Grapeseed that has it. It's a white jacket.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I've never managed to find any hitchhikers for Trevor to take to the cult thing. Is it required to 100% the game?

Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

There is a suburban store in Sandy Shores or Grapeseed that has it. It's a white jacket.

This is for Trevor only I assume?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Well that is just total horseshit. I would be pissed if I had to miss out on a bunch of stranger missions and stuff just because I decided that it would be cool to kill one of the main characters. They could have offered a roll-back to just before the final mission like every other game. Hell, even RDR allowed you to continue literally every aspect of the game bar one mission.

Yes, it is total horseshit that one choice in the entire game has actual consequences, and it comes at the end. gently caress, its almost like they could have named the choices in a way that clearly illustrates the consequences of your choice.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Good citizens, help me out!

My wife, baby son and I have been moving all week and I've been disconnected from news and goings on.

Has there been any more talk from Rockstar about time that GTAO goes live tomorrow?

Any other related news? Sorry this thread has nearly 3000 new posts. :)

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

No one gives a fuck about shit.
So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,
Cause shit's fucked anyway.
Shit is run in to the ground.

I don't wanna think about it,
I just wanna get down.
Hey guys, post your custom cars!

Here is my Obey Tailgater.

As with most good pearlescent combinations, pictures don't do this thing justice. The base color is Graphite, the secondary color (roof/hood) is Wine Red, and there's a Bright Orange Pearlescent over the top.

It looks like I'm driving a sunset :clint:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Odette posted:

I've never managed to find any hitchhikers for Trevor to take to the cult thing. Is it required to 100% the game?

You'd think so but I'm looking at the checklist and I'm not seeing it.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Pickled Kittens posted:

Yes, it is total horseshit that one choice in the entire game has actual consequences, and it comes at the end. gently caress, its almost like they could have named the choices in a way that clearly illustrates the consequences of your choice.

Don't be a dick man, I clearly said which one I picked and I chose it exactly BECAUSE I worried it might lock me out of content. I just think that's not fair to players, forcing them to play the entire game over again in order to see all the content. There's no reason at all not to rewind back to before the final misssion.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I see what you're saying but honestly I feel like that choice is kind of an idiot test. If you don't pick the right option, do you really have anyone but yourself to blame?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

tooooooo bad posted:

You'd think so but I'm looking at the checklist and I'm not seeing it.

Well, the hitchhikers are just regular random events, right? So you'll eventually run out, and it could make it impossible to get 100% if it was required and you did them all without bring any to the camp.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Chard posted:

I see what you're saying but honestly I feel like that choice is kind of an idiot test. If you don't pick the right option, do you really have anyone but yourself to blame?

I guess, but it doesn't even really give you a choice to save before making the choice, so it's not like you can even see the other endings and reload to pick the 'right' one. I mean there's always YouTube but it just seems to me it's an unnecessarily mean thing to do to players in a sandbox game.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

wa27 posted:

Well, the hitchhikers are just regular random events, right? So you'll eventually run out, and it could make it impossible to get 100% if it was required and you did them all without bring any to the camp.

You do need to do it for a trophy though, I think.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
You're not required to take anybody to the Altruists, it's just an alternate way for Trevor to complete those events. The thing that happens when you've taken four people there doesn't actually count anyway. You only need to complete 14 random encounters for 100%, I think there's almost 50 of them so you don't even really have to try to get it done.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
The minimap will flash white when you pass by a hitchhiker or other random event. I know a little dot pops on the minimap, but that's easy to miss, for me anyway.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Don't be a dick man, I clearly said which one I picked and I chose it exactly BECAUSE I worried it might lock me out of content. I just think that's not fair to players, forcing them to play the entire game over again in order to see all the content. There's no reason at all not to rewind back to before the final misssion.

Can't you just replay that mission from the menu?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Chard posted:

I think a few people got the idea that the list was "Michael dies/Trevor dies/Franklin dies" and not "Michael dies/Trevor dies/no one dies." Also, there isn't really much warning of the possible implications, especially since the game doesn't let you save.

To compare it to Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon, those games have several missions in a row at the very end with no downtime between them for narrative reasons. Before you start this chain you get a pop-up that explicitly says "Once you accept this you will not be able to freely explore the island until the storyline is finished. Are you sure you want to start now?" and gives you the opportunity to save.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

The Duggler posted:

Can't you just replay that mission from the menu?

Yes, no matter what option you pick you can play any of the other options after from the mission replay menu.

edit: VVV Yeah, always pick option C. If you're really interested in seeing the other options you can play through them from the mission replay menu without them affecting your game.

MailboxFullOfBombs fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 1, 2013

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

Yes, no matter what option you pick you can play any of the other options after from the mission replay menu.

Okay, I didn't know this :shobon: So really, the only proper way to play the end of the game is to pick C, then replay missions at leisure, but god help you if you picked A or B?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dragonatrix posted:

Speaking of that, is there any point to returning the purse in those events? Seems like the only point is if you want to RP a good guy.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Is there a way to replay the heist missions with the other options selected? Since they all have multiple setup missions before the actual one I figured it was impossible, but I want to make sure I didn't miss some way of doing it.

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW

RatHat posted:

Speaking of that, is there any point to returning the purse in those events? Seems like the only point is if you want to RP a good guy.

Sometimes you'll get a bigger reward a day or so later via email.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

RatHat posted:

The game says that you might get stat bonuses for doing so, but I never noticed them.

Speaking of stats, has anybody figured out a better way to raise lung capacity yet than sitting in one spot and diving until you can't stand it for two or three hours straight? I don't actually think it raises any slower than say, Driving or Shooting, but you do those things constantly in the course of normal play while there's absolutely no reason to go diving without gear other than to raise the lung capacity stat. It's not like you can hold your breath long enough to explore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

RatHat posted:

I don't think any of the muggings give you much more than like 50 bucks. Returning stolen vehicles sometimes has a good reward though.

Slim Killington posted:

Is there a way to replay the heist missions with the other options selected? Since they all have multiple setup missions before the actual one I figured it was impossible, but I want to make sure I didn't miss some way of doing it.

If you replay a heist you get taken to the board where you can select either approach and a crew before the mission starts, you won't need to do any of the prep work. Unfortunately the crew members will all be set to their default skill levels though and the new scrub gunmen that become available over time won't be there either, just the default selections. The two crew members from random events and the two story related ones will be available.

• Locked thread