Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

Official Webpage

• Release Date: October 29th 2013
  • Premium & Expansion Info: click here.
  • Open Beta: October 4-15
  • Exclusive Beta: October 1-3
    • Beta map: Siege of Shanghai (e3 2013 demo map)
    • Beta FAQ
    • BF3 Premium players, BF4 pre-orders, MOH: Warfighter suckers: October 1st beta entry
    • Unwashed masses: October 4th beta entry

System Requirements

Features
-Commander mode returns
  • New High Value Target system to combat camping
  • New mutiny system that allows commanders to change the hearts and minds of squad leaders.
  • Artillery replaced by Tomahawk missiles
  • Player controlled gunships can be deployed
  • Scanning is divided between infantry and vehicles
  • A new "EMP" UAV
  • Picture-in-picture of selected players
-A spawn GUI that makes sense and doesn't require you click through 8 menus just to change a frigging attachment.
-True spectator mode.
-Collapsible skyscrapers & other map altering events.
-A single player campaign that...just play it on easy and get the free guns.
-5 man squads.
-In-game VOIP returning.
-A completely loving awesome emblem creation system.

Base Game Modes
  • SQUAD DEATHMATCH
  • RUSH
  • TEAM DEATHMATCH
  • DEFUSE
  • OBLITERATION
  • DOMINATION
  • CONQUEST
Battlelog Source

Premium Game Modes
  • Air Superiority

Base Maps

Siege of Shanghai:

Paracel Storm:

Operation Locker:

Lancang Dam:

Flood Zone:

Zavod 311:

Golmud Railway:

Hainan Resort:

Dawnbreaker:

Rogue Transmission:

Videos
Gamescom 2013 All Classes/Weapons Demo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLzYLTPN6Mw

Trailers
Commander Mode - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZTeVnM5Sw
Siege of Shanghai (multiplayer) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjSykcTGrNc
"Levolution" Features - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3W4FbsAqIY
Paracel Storm Multiplayer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_xaIv7Wo1A
This is Battlefield 4 Multiplayer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SRxs5xYWuo

Screenshots

SUPER OFFICIAL BF4 GALLERY SO BEAUTY

Official DICE Gallery

Grey Fox V2 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

FAQ

What is Battlefield?
Basically this.

Urby posted:

I'm bad at making videos... but battlefield is always more fun when you aren't playing seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzynpWXvaMs

How do I find Goons/Goon Servers/Goon circle jerks to play with?

Sticksy has compiled a list of Goons in this Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai8hy7P6d20mdGxBZ29yUUZaSU5JdnZXMExUMVZsd0E&usp=sharing#gid=0

Something Went Wrong

Dead Like Rev posted:

After much debate and heated discussion, a couple arguements - not really, we have re-launched the SA Ran BF4 server. Something Went Wrong 64 Player Conquest. Any questions, concerns, problems, lemme know I have PM's enabled or ask here in the thread. Feel free to use it for whatever, We've got a few admins that are generally around. When Dragon's Teeth comes out we will use it for all sorts of unlock shenanigans. Server is ran by donations so thank the donors.

Edit: Favorite us while we try to become the popular kids and have people playing on us.

Camping The Stairs - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3582974

Euro Goons - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3582799

Can I Get the 3 Unlockable Weapons Without Having to Finish the Terrible Story Mode?

Yep!

Umberger posted:

Here is my folder .rar'd up. I think you only need PROFSAVE and PROFSAVE_header but everything else is included just in case. Goes in C:\Users\*your name*\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings
-Sacrifice Irish to get his M249
-Sacrifice the lady for her P90
-Laugh at the carrier until it explodes for the PRC rifle

How do I not get my poo poo hacked?

wolffenstein posted:

If either your Origin or Steam accounts get hacked or banned, you're poo poo out of luck. Turn on Origin Login Verification. Turn on Steam Guard.

Is this the console thread?

Shut up.

How do I get the single player exclusive unlocks?

Thanks to SilentW for this:

Tombstone Actual - Beat mission 1, gives you the MP412 REX
Fang of the Underworld - Beat the prison mission, gives you the Shank
A Trapped Wolf Will - Beat the mission after the prison mission, gives you the Machete
To Valhalla - Don't choose who to sacrifice at the end, just wait. Gives you the QBZ-95-1 Assault Rifle (Assault-only)
Peacemaker - Sacrifice the person on the left, gives you the P90 PDW (Engineer-only)
Final Duty - Sacrifice the person on the right, gives you the M249 MG (Support-only)

Where do I find emblems like XCOM, Battlestar and other nerdy poo poo?

Thanks to Alehks: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtRHLhB30ToKdHpQb0xwV1dnZDM5azVrX3U0SERhX2c&usp=sharing

What the hell are Battlepacks and why are Redditors so mad about them?

I don't know but here's the FAQ from :dice: on how they work.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/faq/battlepacks

Hey Grey Fox why is this thread like 80x shorter than the last one?

Because if there is one thing I've learned in my years on SA it's that none of you clowns read the OP.

BF4 is acting weird after reinstalling Windows!

Jippa posted:

I have really good info that needs to be added to the OP.

I had trouble getting the expansion maps to work after re installing windows on a new drive with origin and copying my bf4 folder over. The vanilla maps all worked but nether of the expansions did.

This is how you fix it china rising (I have just done it and can confirm it works):

Please first make a backup copy of your registry as described here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/back-up-registry#1TC=windows-7 [windows.microsoft.com]

Next check out these steps below:

1. Log out and fully exit Origin
2. Open your Registry Editor - Type in regedit on the Start Menu Search field and press Enter
3. Navigate through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > EA Games > Battlefield 4
4. Check if there is a folder named Xpack1 under Battlefield 4
If YES -> Click on Xpack1, on the right pane check if there is a string named Installed, the Value data should be True
If NO - right-click on Battlefield 4 > New > Key
- a new folder will be created, name it Xpack1
- right-click on Xpack1 > New > String Value > name it Installed
- on the right-pane, double-click on Installed, set Value Data to True
5. Exit Registry Editor
6. Log in to Origin and Join China Rising Maps

I'm going to try the exact same as above just with Xpack2 which I'm guessing is second assault.

e- hmm ok that second one didn't work for second assault I wonder why?

e2 - Ok second assault = Xpack0

As more people get new drives this info should be helpful.

Hey your OP is missing something important!

PM me. If you want me to post a server make a PGS thread for your server community and PM me the link. Do not include the server URL since the URL is subject to change and I don't feel like fielding PM's every time you change it.

Grey Fox V2 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 16, 2014

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Beta for premium users in 5hrs20mins, as an Australian this makes me happy as it's 6pm.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Any word on whether we can pull VPN horseshit again to get in early, or is that not a possibility?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
6pm tonight in Australia, will be getting home at about 11pm and then NEVER SLEEPING.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What exactly does the Digital deluxe get you, besides beta access? Any deals anywhere?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I can't wait to yell about how the game is awesome but the pubbies are still dumb as poo poo.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Bummer there is no bonus for regular BF3 folks... but whatever. BF3 was awesome, BF4 will be rad.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Zotix posted:

What exactly does the Digital deluxe get you, besides beta access? Any deals anywhere?

-3 Gold Battlepacks
-Vehicle Shortcut Bundle for Battlefield 3™
-Access to the Exclusive Battlefield 4™ Beta

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Beta for premium users in 5hrs20mins, as an Australian this makes me happy as it's 6pm.

:swoon: Almost literally the only time we ever get a decent time of day for anything.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Thread title owns.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Grey Fox V2 posted:

-3 Gold Battlepacks
-Vehicle Shortcut Bundle for Battlefield 3™
-Access to the Exclusive Battlefield 4™ Beta

And the first expansion as well I think.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Kramjacks posted:

Everyone who preorders gets that. Deluxe version really doesn't give you anything of substance.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Pharmaskittle posted:

Any word on whether we can pull VPN horseshit again to get in early, or is that not a possibility?

Not possible. It starts whenever EA turns on the server switch. Just five hours left!

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Hold on to your butts.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

keyframe posted:

Not possible. It starts whenever EA turns on the server switch. Just five hours left!

Ugh, I figured. And me with work in the morning. Well, have fun Australians! :)

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Helll yeahhhh

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Man am I excited. As much as Dice is :dice:, they always manage to put together games that I love.

hunter x az posted:

Bummer there is no bonus for regular BF3 folks... but whatever. BF3 was awesome, BF4 will be rad.

You'll probably at least get a dogtag of some kind. Personally, I always ran with the Syndicate dogtags.

Target Practice posted:

Thread title owns.

One of the best and most appropriate quotes from 40k, no doubt.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Do we know how big this beta map is in comparison to any BF3 map?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Okay so I tried to pre-order it through the page linked above and after I filled out all my payment info it kind of just booted me back to the pre-order page and I'm not sure that my order went through and I have no email confirmation. What the hell?

EDIT: I now have a $1 pending charge to EA on my CC...what

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Someone ran into that the other day. For some reason the checkout window won't save your CC correctly. Try going into Account and Privacy to register the credit card then do it again.

keyframe posted:

Do we know how big this beta map is in comparison to any BF3 map?

From the alpha I'd put it around twice the size of Grang Bazaar.

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005
Anyone else getting "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error : 262148:131086" after pre-loading? I've tried closing out Origin and re-trying a couple times now, but usually it just re-tries from 81%. Others are having this on the BF4 Beta forums on Battlelog but haven't seen a solution. Anyone?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

WeaponBoy posted:

From the alpha I'd put it around twice the size of Grang Bazaar.

How did you like it from the alpha? Does it have a nice flow to it?

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Kramjacks posted:

You get that with the regular edition too.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
Does owning BF3 before it went free or whatever count as BF3 premium or did they really make people who purchased it pay again in those dark days? I'd like to know if i'm eligible for the BF4 beta or not.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Does BF4 use Battlelog the same as BF3 did?

Edit: I should say, will the Beta use it?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

OrangeSoda posted:

Does owning BF3 before it went free or whatever count as BF3 premium or did they really make people who purchased it pay again in those dark days? I'd like to know if i'm eligible for the BF4 beta or not.

I'm not quite sure I'm following your question, but BF3 has never been free. You only 'count' as Premium if you shelled out for the Premium service on top of the regular game.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Kramjacks posted:

Does BF4 use Battlelog the same as BF3 did?

Edit: I should say, will the Beta use it?

Probably. There's already an option to go to the BF4 battelog.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

At the top center of the screen on battlelog there's a BATTLEFIELD PREMIUM button with a little triangle next to it. Click that and there's a drop-down menu that switches between the BF3, and Warfighter battlelogs. The BF4 one will probably be active once the beta goes live.

Orv
May 4, 2011

General Battuta posted:

I'm not quite sure I'm following your question, but BF3 has never been free. You only 'count' as Premium if you shelled out for the Premium service on top of the regular game.

Didn't they give away like, CQ or something for free a few months ago? Maybe he means that. If so, no, you're hosed.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So my schedule is pretty clear this week so I'm hoping to get a feel for the game. The kicker is I am super wary and really don't want to give EA anymore money for a lovely game. Thinking about preordering it on Origin and canceling it if the Beta is anything like BF3s. Unfortunately EAs return policy is kind of weird on this:

quote:

The Great Game Guarantee allows you to return EA digital game downloads (PC/Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-purchased/pre-ordered, whichever comes first.

Me playing the beta shouldn't count as launching the game right? Nor should it count as a purchase if the game hasn't been released. Anyone with actual Origin return experience that can alleviate my hesitation?

I'm going to be fairly busy starting on the 6th so I don't want to wait till the public beta considering how the servers will definitely be.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The beta is a separate entity as far as Origin is concerned, you should be fine.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
Is Matt LeBlanc actually in this?

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."
So are the multiplayer factions China and USA now or is Russia also still around? I'm hoping there's 3 factions, BF2 style.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How large are the maps this time? Are they at least close to the size they were in BF2?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

OrangeSoda posted:

It never went free and no, you have to have premium in your account

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How large are the maps this time? Are they at least close to the size they were in BF2?

Considering the maps are probably designed with the next gen systems in mind, which support 64 players they should, in theory, not be poo poo this time around.

Of course the :dice: emote exists for a reason.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

If any mic free nerds want to get in a chat room the BF Goons chat room on Steam is open for business with all 2.3k plus Goons.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/battlefieldgoons

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

sdr782 posted:

So are the multiplayer factions China and USA now or is Russia also still around? I'm hoping there's 3 factions, BF2 style.

Russia is supposed to still be in, but unfortunately I don't think there are three way maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

sdr782 posted:

Russia is playable and you can have Russia v. China.

• Locked thread