Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

xcore posted:

There is zero chance this is remotely working or playable for at least 12 hours. If they couldn't get the iFruit launch to be smooth there is no hope for GTAO

It will probably be playable for 12 hours, once primetime hits for America however, the servers will crash and burn under the load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

xcore posted:

There is zero chance this is remotely working or playable for at least 12 hours. If they couldn't get the iFruit launch to be smooth there is no hope for GTAO

Maybe I'm more of an optimist, but all the social club stuff has been fine for about a week now (especially compared to just after launch), which is hopefully a sign they've got their poo poo together.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Aurain posted:

Yeah, it flies perfectly if you get out unscathed. If you see any sort of smoke coming out of the engine, it will get progressively worse and then cut off. I'd be very surprised if you could get any kind of emergency landing with it once that happens, it sinks like a stone. If it's smoking, make a B line for your Hangar, if you have one.

This surprised me a while ago, was flying in-between buildings when the engine crapped out. Boom. Only just jumped out of plane before it hit a building, but Trevor couldn't get the parachute going. Splat.

Aishan posted:

Maybe I'm more of an optimist, but all the social club stuff has been fine for about a week now (especially compared to just after launch), which is hopefully a sign they've got their poo poo together.

In my opinion, the Social Club stuff doesn't affect server load as much as actual online gameplay so it'll be interesting to see how badly the servers crap out. :p

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Update's already available! :dance:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does it matter who you shoot in the torture mission?

EDIT: Also is there a way to know when you've spent 10 days wearing the Epsilon robes besides waiting for the symbol on the map to show up?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Oct 1, 2013

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Mister Macys posted:

Update's already available! :dance:

Confirming this as a UK 360 user. 59 MB title update.

RatHat posted:

EDIT: Also is there a way to know when you've spent 10 days wearing the Epsilon robes besides waiting for the symbol on the map to show up?

You should get a prompt in the little notification area above the minimap telling your progress.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RatHat posted:

Does it matter who you shoot in the torture mission?

I think the news on the radio later mentions it, I got the right guy (there's only one smoking with his left hand, as far as I could see). The news said "An Azerbaijanii official or whatever was killed." If you get the wrong one maybe it says 'some random nobody got shot!' instead?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
"The more wanted stars you have, the more relentless the law will be .."

That explains it. Pulling out guns and ramming you, running you over at 1-2 stars isn't meant to happen.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

I think the news on the radio later mentions it, I got the right guy (there's only one smoking with his left hand, as far as I could see). The news said "An Azerbaijanii official or whatever was killed." If you get the wrong one maybe it says 'some random nobody got shot!' instead?

I believe if you get the wrong guy its revealed that the victim is a pillar of his community and an upstanding citizen.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Looks like it's a staggered update release, because it isn't available for me yet. Curse you, UK goons!

e: Literally the second I clicked post the game booted me from live and prompted me to download the update, so uh... nevermind.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Isn't the entire joke of that mission that you are conducting a hit on some dude who just had a home theater system installed?

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
I'm choosing my character heritage right now.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hell yea, downloading now. Was nice playing you single player, but it's probably GTAO from here on out!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Yup I just for patched. Seattle WA whatup.

Macys I'm on my way guuurl

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My Xbox won't connect to the internet for some reason.

I do the test and it says it connects to Xbox Live just fine, so I exit out of that and go to sign in to my gold account and it gives me an error and tells me to test my connection.

:negative:

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
My character (a weedy little dude with a moustache) has just been greeted at the airport by Lamar

It's beginning!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Character creator is weird as hell but now my dude is on a plane to Los santos yussss

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Nothing for PS3 yet. The wait seems harder in Asia, it's already early evening here. Soon my pretty. Soon.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Jimmy "the scumbag" ready for action!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Oh, good, you can press A during the early loading screen to load Online. I was worried that every time I started the game I'd have to let the game load fully, switch to online, and sit through more loading screens.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I believe if you get the wrong guy its revealed that the victim is a pillar of his community and an upstanding citizen.

They are all the wrong guy. You totally ice some innocent guy based on shaky information gained from torturing some poor guy who's only crime is being browner than other people.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
PS Europe says, 20 minutes and everything should be up and patchable.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Where are you guys finding it? I'm on PS3 and I can see the game to buy and some avatars....

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004
:-)
its working! :swoon:

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

ExplodingSquid posted:

Where are you guys finding it? I'm on PS3 and I can see the game to buy and some avatars....

It's a patch for the game. But it's not up on PSN yet.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh man I didn't think it'd feel bad being in work today but it totally does, someone please tell me everything, please.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
GTA5: My dad is John Marston.

EDIT: I basically made Lydia from Breaking Bad.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The way it dumps you into a race with real players is pretty clever.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Baron FU posted:

Basically got to quit the game and start it back up for the patch to say it's ready to download yeah?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Shoehead posted:

Oh man I didn't think it'd feel bad being in work today but it totally does, someone please tell me everything, please.

Ditto. I don't even have gold yet and I'm reluctant to get it today if the game's going to be making GBS threads the bed for the next week anyway.

Are there any fixes to the SP game in the patch? i.e. vanishing cars?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Welp, time to F5 this thread and live vicariously through you guys. Sorry boss, my productivity will drop :)

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Oct 1, 2013

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

beedeebee posted:

Welp, time to F5 this thread and live vicariously to you guys. Sorry boss, my productivity will drop :)

Me too buddy me too.

Although I get to go home for lunch in just over an hour, and can get this party started then, so :toot: I guess?

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004

Baron FU posted:

Of course it isn't. PSN tends to be slower than poo poo when it comes to updates.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It opens with LAMAR picking you up!

He and my guy Kifflom are gonna be the best of friends.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Semi-random and not online related but I replayed a mission once and Michael was wearing a suit with a tie that was loosened and some black gloves. I don't see any of that for sale anywhere and it's not at my house.

Help?

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Tokubetsu posted:

Semi-random and not online related but I replayed a mission once and Michael was wearing a suit with a tie that was loosened and some black gloves. I don't see any of that for sale anywhere and it's not at my house.

Help?

It's the Jewel Heist suit. It can be found under the outfits tab.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Oh dear, the pop-in. Yikes.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Chopper Dave had just flown into LS and got picked up by mother loving Lamar!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

It looked like everything was going to go smoothly but then it actually tried to put me in a session for the first race and me and some pubbie have been standing here staring at a wall in this parking lot for like three minutes.

e: Holy poo poo, your character's mouth moves when you talk in game chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

loving thing is hanging at the starting race for me. :(

• Locked thread