Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

I have never used the PS3 to do anything before I started playing GTA5, how do I get the patch for online?
Be connected to the internet.
Start the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
So, question for when it stops making GBS threads the bed and I get home:

I know I can set up private games and the like for GTAO, but is that possible for the first one too? I'd have thought it would be, but from a few posts in here it sounds like I might have to roll the dice on how often I get called a noob and/or human being by (man)children up to a certain point.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I don't know if it means the single player has been patched but now I can continue the epsilon stuff which seemed to have been missing for the last few days.

Sloane
Oct 31, 2010

What do you mean I'm not on the list?
Had about 30 minutes of smooth gameplay and then everything started going to poo poo. Saw two engine-less trains pass through eachother while being propelled by magic, ended up in a dupe of my car that I didn't have permission to drive after I got out of it, tried robbing a store with another player and the loot bag hovered away through a wall.

Seems really well designed though, very smooth with lots of nice features. Lots of options and little convenient touches.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Yardbomb posted:

Oh boy, it hard froze my loving PS3. :what:

I think this happened to me :qq: I got the prompt to install the update and I confirmed it. The screen went black and it's just staying black... :ohdear:

edit: oh god my ps3 is making noises

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I keep getting signed out of PSN, I can't really be sure if it's GTAV or somehow my network. I mostly can't tell because I have all of two games, this and AC3. I don't recall getting signed out of PSN while playing AC3 but I don't really see how GTAV could be kicking me off something outside the game.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: I forgot to note that sometimes when I hit the PS button and try to sign back it it won't work, but if I restart my console it'll always sign in just fine.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 1, 2013

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

futureproof posted:

This is the worst character creation system I've ever seen.

Agree. Even something like Red Dead Redemption where you are forced into playing characters would have been better than this. I've been randoming for 20 minutes and haven't seen one character I was satisfied with.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
"Failed to join, go back to singleplayer and try again later"

At least it saved my sleazy sleazy online character so I don't have to make him again :v:

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Bland posted:

You have to split the money via an awkward and unintuitive menu but the game does tell you how to do it, or at least it did for me.

Yeah on XBOX its the back button but I didn't have any option that appeared to be: Split Cash with the Guy You Just Did a Mission With so I figured that it already split automatically. I feel like it really should only be an option if you want to gently caress someone over.

Also, if someone pops a cap in you and you die do they collect every bit of money you have on you or just a percentage? If it's 100% the griefing possibilities will be endless.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

For those stuck at work like me, this dude has a stream up: http://www.twitch.tv/gametage

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004
Yeah these characters look like absolute rear end. Who the gently caress thought this was passable in 2013? WHO?!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
You only lose money if you're above a threshold, it was $5,000 I recall - anything you bank at an ATM can't be taken from you.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Don't think we'll be playing GTA online today! Servers have ground to a complete halt. Back to gardening I go :)

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
How can people not figured out how that character lifestyle stat creator works holy poo poo.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Keep getting "cloud servers are down" so I would blame any unexpected problems on R*, not necessarily your console.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Yes... Yessss - the vitriol has begun...

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!

Baron FU posted:

Agree. Even something like Red Dead Redemption where you are forced into playing characters would have been better than this. I've been randoming for 20 minutes and haven't seen one character I was satisfied with.

The worst part is that the very basis of having both parents influence your appearance is hosed. If you choose a male character with any influence from your mother, you wind up with a freakish little neck. I just ended up going with using John Marsten as my father with no influence from my mother, which I'm sure 90% of the people without the collectors edition will be doing.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

MrLonghair posted:

How can people not figured out how that character lifestyle stat creator works holy poo poo.

gently caress the stats, I just messed with it until it gave me an outfit I liked.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Oh. Thanks for the spoilers game. I made my guy, readied up and then it kicked me back to story mode, where it apparently played a mission for me which is immediately followed by a *THIS PERSON GOT DEAD OH MAN DID YOU SEE THAT* phone call.

lady blue shanghai posted:

My PS3 froze, and even holding down the power button for like 10 seconds didn't shut it off. I had to unplug it :stare:

Yup, that's what happened with mine. Hard freezes always scare the hell out of me too, because that's usually when data's gonna get killed somewhere.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
My PS3 froze, and even holding down the power button for like 10 seconds didn't shut it off. I had to unplug it :stare:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Anyone else unable to change characters at all since the update?

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!
I'm stuck waiting for other players on the first mission the game immediately forces you into.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Shima Honnou posted:

gently caress the stats, I just messed with it until it gave me an outfit I liked.

That is a cool feature, but it's random, loosely based on the stats that top out by the looks of it.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Yeah it's completely broken on PSN at least. Can't even start a solo game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Also yeah to hell with that character creator. HD TV, resolution set right yadda yadda and the parent/grandparent stuff was all hideous and a big pain to screw with until I got a guy who doesn't look that bad.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

I can't play yet, drat servers, but my slacker girl Kitty is ready. Yeah, worst creator ever. Can't believe they didn't copy Saints Row and let people sort this out in advance so all the online personas were already stored. I just stopped messing with heritage once I got someone vaguely human looking, and stopped pissing with lifestyle once I got clothes I could put up with for the first hour or so.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Chick3n posted:

I have a 14 day trial that came from Halo 4 if you want it.

Hey man, yeah that would be awesome! Do you have PMs?

I want to see how emblems are used seeing as the current goon one is my design, might need tweaking.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

The game crashed when I was modding my ride online :(

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

futureproof posted:

This is the worst character creation system I've ever seen.
Oh most definitely. I haven't actually played the game yet but that definitely gave me an awful first impression.

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004
Well, at least I got Bocephus JR created. GIT R DUN you glorious redneck to get, Git. R. Dun.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

At least the internet is reacting alr-

Oh. :v:

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

awesome-express posted:

The game crashed when I was modding my ride online :(

This happened to me, now I don't seem to have a car... The tutorial moved on(finished now) and I still have no contact in my phone for the insurance company. I think I lost my free car...

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.
Where's Cypress Flats? I went to the marker and nothins happening.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
The servers are unavailable, please try again later.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I was playing fine then my 360 froze I restarted the game and had to create a 2nd character, I could still see my level 4 chick in character 1 slot but I was unable to play it.

I've decided to knock it on the head and give it another go after work tonight, I expected the servers would melt with the sheer amount of people wanting to get on this.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Chick3n posted:

Where's Cypress Flats? I went to the marker and nothins happening.

Follow blue marker: Get out of your car.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
360 just froze, servers unavailable, tjen it reconnected but my character is gone, deleted. Awesome.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Since I did the update and cant get online anyway I also can't change characters in single player mode. I press down but it just zooms the map out.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
I restarted and it is working now. Hmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

I'm playing as part of the Third Street Goons crew, anyone want to try and join?

• Locked thread