Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

I said come in! posted:

Ouch, that is really disappointing. I was hoping Rockstar would drop the unlocked thing from RDR because that was terrible. I just want access to everything from the start.

Doesn't seem to be much of anything from the start. I got to level 5 and all I unlocked were outfits. Also the airport is arbitrarily closed. I mean, you can go in on foot, but there isn't ANY land or air vehicles at all. Really disappointed so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Linx posted:

I managed to play for a couple of hours earlier, MY GOD is it boring as poo poo. I really hope they diversify the activities as your levels increase, because playing TDM and racing really isn't any fun at all. All I wanted was cooperative heists and tomfoolery.

If you do the missions from characters you get co-op stuff. I haven't done many yet though so I dunno how diverse they get. One of them had me and three other dudes going to a spot under the pier to hijack some meth from a drug deal between The Lost and some other guys.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The character creator is the shittiest poo poo that's ever shitted.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

El Hefe posted:

Yeah, what the hell were they thinking.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

As long as the Jason mask is available online, I don't give a poo poo about my character's looks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

El Hefe posted:

I'm really disappointed that this is true. I was expecting something really grand and detailed. So far Rockstar has really dropped the ball on the online mode. I really hope they are getting good feedback and will change the way online works through updates.

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face
So GTA Online is as big a pantload as RDR Online?

Forget this; I finished the single player, multiplayer's looking more and more dismal as time passes. Time to go whip this thing at Gamestop for some credit while it's still worth a nickle or two.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The stat allocation is pretty ridiculous too when you're prompted to do RP-like selections about your character's habits and personality and whatnot while the actual stats are right there, edited in real time based on your choices. Who thinks about if your character works out or not when you can see if you're affecting the strength stat right there on the same screen and make selections to get the stats you want?

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I managed to make a lady that looked pretty ok, until of course I tried to go online and it told me, "Awwww heellll no."

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0029 posted:

Forget this; I finished the single player, multiplayer's looking more and more dismal as time passes. Time to go whip this thing at Gamestop for some credit while it's still worth a nickle or two.

No you just have to unlock things

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

My PS3 hardlocked and wouldn't even turn off while installing the patch, and now of course the online is failing to connect. Why bother making us wait an extra two weeks if this poo poo isn't going to work anyway?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eh, I would give it a week to see how things play out, but initial impressions are not positive.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Posts like this are ridiculous. I get that people are upset that it isn't working probably for most people but writing the whole thing off based on angry posts from angry people without even playing it is stupid.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Impounded cars are loving bullshit in GTA Online.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Eh, I would give it a week to see how things play out, but initial impressions are not positive.

Beta players had a lot of good things to say about it, but it actually worked long enough for them to make progress in it.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Dinosaurs! posted:

Without giving too much context away before the spoiler tag, I have a question about the Blitz:

Why do you need a getaway vehicle and how are Michael and Trevor supposed to escape?

Are the three of them supposed to take off in different directions and you only play as Franklin because trying to play three simultaneous escapes would be too much? Why only grab one getaway car then and not three?

I thought maybe Franklin would be bait to lure the cops away, but after killing them all my drive to the getaway car was casual and without incident.

Because it covers the drive that Mike and Trevor do at the end of the mission. It's just there so that you can flip right over to Mike and be at the guy's gate. It's a gameplay concession, you can put the getaway car literally anywhere and it won't matter.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

If you didn't like RDR multiplayer on a functionality level, you won't like this, since it's pretty much the same. Obviously the actual content is different but you know what to expect on that front already.

But more importantly if you think RDR multiplayer was "a pant load" then you just have bad opinions anyway, because that poo poo owned. I've never seen as much emergent gameplay before it or since and I only hope the same ends up happening here.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
Online is pretty lame so far. Got like $20k but still only the starting pistol. Feels grindy as hell, when all I want to do is grab a nade launcher and some AKs with my buddies and fly around blowing stuff up. I bet when they implement heists they don't unlock until some bullshit high level too.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

You guys need to stop trying to connect and just stay away for a few days. The sperging out is ridiculous. Go grab a beer with some friends. BETA testers really liked the game when everything was fully functional of course its not going to work now. Some people on reddit even took holidays to "play" it today. No online launch ever.. has gone to plan, why would that change now? Go do something fun and productive instead of breaking down trying to repeatedly connect to the game. Everyone is doing the same thing, the Servers are basically under an accidental DDOS. Its obvious everything is going to break.

Rockstar even said a week ago it wasn't going to be broke on the launch date. There is no way in hell they could of adequately guessed how many copies they would sell and how many people would try to connect at once. They really should of done a staggered launch.

Reive
May 21, 2009

The online is so hosed it won't even load while playing solo, how does that even happen.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Creepy Goat posted:

Online is pretty lame so far. Got like $20k but still only the starting pistol. Feels grindy as hell, when all I want to do is grab a nade launcher and some AKs with my buddies and fly around blowing stuff up. I bet when they implement heists they don't unlock until some bullshit high level too.

I mean, sure, but on the other hand at least this means you're not getting matched up with 12 year olds who run around blasting you with rockets every time you try to do something.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
This thread is hilarious. So many people Mad About Videogames, and a bunch of networking experts that Rockstar clearly should have hired!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I dunno how you can have 20k and only the starting pistol. I had the uzi unlocked after less than an hour.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Pis is now over $14 on PS3 so the sell off had no effect. I pulled all my money out yesterday but I might get back in today if it keeps climbing.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
In other news, Xbox users don't need Gold subscriptions to upload to the Social Club anymore :woop:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

So just to be clear, people here are getting butthurt about a system not working right after Rockstar straight up came out and told us to expect problems?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Attempt 5 to get into the online portion, made it up to the first match making, but now it's been sitting at "launching session" for 5 minutes. is this normal?

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Posts like this are ridiculous. I get that people are upset that it isn't working probably for most people but writing the whole thing off based on angry posts from angry people without even playing it is stupid.

Hey, I actually played it, but you would have had to had read the thread to know that.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

So I just spent 6 real world £ for 500 000 fake game dollars. :shepface:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Crappy Jack posted:

I mean, sure, but on the other hand at least this means you're not getting matched up with 12 year olds who run around blasting you with rockets every time you try to do something.

Just you wait. Who do you think's going to be grinding "RP" 8 hours a day?

In it's current form, imo, this looks like about as fun as APB without the kickass character builder.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

quote:

Rockstar Games 1m ago
For those trying to get into GTA Online today, please bear w/ us on some day one tech connection issues that we’re working to stabilize asap

quote:

Attempt 5 to get into the online portion, made it up to the first match making, but now it's been sitting at "launching session" for 5 minutes. is this normal?

Yes! Stop trying to connect and go play something else.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

He can always rebuy it later.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Jacada posted:

You guys need to stop trying to connect and just stay away for a few days. The sperging out is ridiculous. Go grab a beer with some friends. BETA testers really liked the game when everything was fully functional of course its not going to work now. Some people on reddit even took holidays to "play" it today. No online launch ever.. has gone to plan, why would that change now? Go do something fun and productive instead of breaking down trying to repeatedly connect to the game. Everyone is doing the same thing, the Servers are basically under an accidental DDOS. Its obvious everything is going to break.

This, people. They've been saying all week that online would be broken, specifically that there'd be big connection and glitch issues. Just enjoy the SP for a while longer until it plays smoothly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Creepy Goat posted:

Someone needs to own a large house to access heists, or something.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Jacada posted:

Day 1 problems

They came out a week ago with a press release that prepared us for this. But nope, "it's not working now" :supaburn:

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

BitBasher posted:

So just to be clear, people here are getting butthurt about a system not working right after Rockstar straight up came out and told us to expect problems?

Did you expect anything else?

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Hockles posted:

They came out a week ago with a press release that prepared us for this. But nope, "it's not working now" :supaburn:

I'm taking the time to tackle the laundry pile I've let build up and then I'm going for a beer! Why anyone wants to sit and attempt to access online for four hours is unfathomable to me.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Can't connect, worse game ever and am returning it right now.

*cries into Cheetos bag while trying to connect every three minutes*

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The complaints have not been about the connection issues, but the online features being way more underwhelming then what Rockstar promised. The character creator alone is really awful. I want to just go back to RDR's idea where you pick characters from the single player to play as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do the "hours a day doing stuff" actually affect what your character can and cannot do?

• Locked thread