Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Lord Yod posted:

How did you do this? The option is locked out for me.

Sorry for the late reply but I just spawned in as recon for a life and didn't have a scope. Maybe it's a bug because I didn't have any other attachments or gadgets now that I think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

kidRiot posted:

How exactly do you turn off the overlay?

Open Origin, its under account settings or preferences or something.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Soarer posted:

There's your counterpart. Calm the gently caress down.
I don't see a counterpart to the Flash Hider, which is the item in question? The Muzzle Break is already unlockable via kills in beta?

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Lugaloco posted:

Sorry for the late reply but I just spawned in as recon for a life and didn't have a scope. Maybe it's a bug because I didn't have any other attachments or gadgets now that I think about it.

I went into the loadout menu in Battlelog and the default had nothing selected for equipment, but I was able to set everything manually including iron sights. So maybe you need to do it from Battlelog?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Batham posted:

I don't see a counterpart to the Flash Hider, which is the item in question? The Muzzle Break is already unlockable via kills in beta?

Reddit had a flare up about this not long ago. A BF4 producer came in and specifically stated that all in game items can/will be unlocked through normal progression so that should be the end of this conversation over the goddamn flash hider.

BEARS IN THE BARN
Oct 9, 2004

Lazyfire posted:

Reddit had a flare up about this not long ago. A BF4 producer came in and specifically stated that all in game items can/will be unlocked through normal progression so that should be the end of this conversation over the goddamn flash hider.

Yes, the battlepack stuff comes from service stars. Sucks, but whatev.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr
So, is it just me or does the default sniper rifle have a really weird arc?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Lazyfire posted:

flash hider.

Is anyone else just really annoyed that it's called the "flash hider" rather than "flash suppressor"? Flash hider sounds like what an 8 year old would call it if he was customizing a firearm for some reason. :911:

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever

keyframe posted:

Spectator mode is loving awesome :allears:

It makes me nervous knowing anybody out there can be watching me and whatever stupid poo poo I am doing in game :ohdear:

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

xorex posted:

It makes me nervous knowing anybody out there can be watching me and whatever stupid poo poo I am doing in game :ohdear:

Shoot the words "gently caress YOU" into a wall to let them know that you know they are watching you.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Rawrbomb posted:

So, is it just me or does the default sniper rifle have a really weird arc?
I tried it out for a bit and it really does; I was terrible with it, but it might be because I'm too used to the M98B. The trail and little wisp of smoke for sniper shots is a nice aesthetic touch.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

PittTheElder posted:

Is anyone else just really annoyed that it's called the "flash hider" rather than "flash suppressor"? Flash hider sounds like what an 8 year old would call it if he was customizing a firearm for some reason. :911:

Only they are actually called that.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

xorex posted:

Changing my name on Origin to The NSA to record random people, post it online and anger internet libertarians.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Acquilae posted:

I tried it out for a bit and it really does; I was terrible with it, but it might be because I'm too used to the M98B. The trail and little wisp of smoke for sniper shots is a nice aesthetic touch.

For straight across shots, or shooting downward, I had to use the top t bar above the center of the scope to get it to go reasonably anywhere where I wanted. Which makes no sense to me.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Batham posted:

A counterpart to the Flash Hider that is available in the beta, you mean? Because there's a lot of poo poo not available in the beta that's supposed to be in at release. Are you going to start bitching about the lack of the promised commander position?

Also, can we talk about how those buildings are goddamn frustrating to deal with? Not because of the completely useless snipers on them, but because it makes taking territory really drat hard. One lone sniper up there means four guys parachuting down at all times, which basically means if I want to keep any flag near the area, means I had to just hang out there. The last three times, the other team had a massive obsession with the one just east of B, which meant they lost a lot of other flags (and B, for that matter) but basically forced most of the action there. The same thing often happens on D where you just have a constant stream of guys parachuting down to D, and it kind of kills the flow on the map.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Ravenfood posted:

A counterpart to the Flash Hider that is available in the beta, you mean? Because there's a lot of poo poo not available in the beta that's supposed to be in at release. Are you going to start bitching about the lack of the promised commander position?

Also, can we talk about how those buildings are goddamn frustrating to deal with? Not because of the completely useless snipers on them, but because it makes taking territory really drat hard. One lone sniper up there means four guys parachuting down at all times, which basically means if I want to keep any flag near the area, means I had to just hang out there. The last three times, the other team had a massive obsession with the one just east of B, which meant they lost a lot of other flags (and B, for that matter) but basically forced most of the action there. The same thing often happens on D where you just have a constant stream of guys parachuting down to D, and it kind of kills the flow on the map.

It's too bad that you can't knock down every building on the map.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Lazyfire posted:

Changing my name on Origin to The NSA to record random people, post it online and anger internet libertarians.

You laugh but people actually do believe that poo poo.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Agh, all I need in a globe symbol and I'm good. I also think I spent more time in the editor than playing the drat game.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I am gonna laugh when they delete all those emblems in 15 days when the beta is over and reset characters.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

OK, suddenly my game stopped playing smoothly. I was running it fine earlier this afternoon once I rolled back to the 327 driver for my GTX660, and the last few games I played have been choppy to the point of being unplayable. I had a ping of around 25 and setting the graphics to the lowest settings did nothing.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Alright, no one having the actual ammo pack is lovely as gently caress when you're an Engineer. I need me some RPGs, but the only way to get more is to die. :(

Also, holy gently caress, they finally added VoIP to Battlefield 3!

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Played the beta on 360, it wasn't as bad as I've seen some people saying, but there's no way in hell I'd buy this on 360.
Though to be honest, I don't see myself playing BF4 at all. They changed the buttons around again, I really can't get used to spotting with RB and I don't like using two sticks in vehicles, but the parachute is a lot better at least.
I'm not saying BF4 is garbage or anything, but I gave up on COD because it was always the same as the last game and it looks like I'll be giving up on battlefield for the same reason.

Now I set my hopes on the new Battlefront.

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003
in the beginning pages of this thread a few people had text written on there emblems. Is that possible or was that just photoshop or something?

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Ravenfood posted:

If you can't be bothered with reading up on a discussion, or lack the ability to do so, don't bother commenting on it, please.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

.TakaM posted:

Now I set my hopes on the new Battlefront.

Which will literally be BF3/4 except at a Star Wars convention.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Gonkish posted:

I know, the main thing I wanted was a new setting.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Zeike posted:

Only they are actually called that.

Surely you can't be serious, because that's ridiculous. Even wikipedia knows what's up.

Assuming this is what they're called in some regional dialect, then have some class, people that are in charge of naming these things in these places.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 1, 2013

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Gonkish posted:

I'm not seeing a problem. Hopefully I'll still be able to gently caress around on Mos Eisley as Boba Fett.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Those of you that want futuristic battlefield where you fire lasers just go download Planetside 2 and join Vanu. Though if you thought the unlock speed is slow in BF4 you will be in for a surprise when you play PS2.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

Surely you can't be serious, because that's ridiculous. Even wikipedia knows what's up.

Assuming this is what they're called in some regional dialect, then have some class, people that are in charge of naming these things in these places.

Most people I know call the Expanding Gas Redirection Modules, or P.E.N.I.S. for short.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm not seeing a problem. Hopefully I'll still be able to gently caress around on Mos Eisley as Boba Fett.

Oh, I mean the formula could work REALLY well, and the setting is loving perfect. It just probably isn't going to be terribly different, if that's what he was expecting.

Meanwhile, I found a dude that has the real ammo box, and HOLY gently caress THE XM25 IS SO WONDERFUL. Killing shithead snipers left and right... To top that off, I changed the video settings from Auto to High, and everything seems to be better as far as the stuttering. Can't imagine what the problem was, because I see no real difference between the two.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

How do I use my second monitor as the minimap?!

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004
Is anyone else noticing that the hitching tends to correspond with giant cpu usage spikes?

edit: You can watch cpu and gpu use ingame using perfoverlay.drawgraph 1

navier-stoked fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 2, 2013

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Not really that mini at that point then?

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Not really that mini at that point then?

They said we could :p

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Welp, guess I'm gonna have to pass on this. I've tried everything I can think of and I can't break 80kb/s on an Origin download.

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

After you have joined the game, alt-tab back to battlelog. On the blue bar on the bottom that mentions your server name, there will be a new, third button labeled "battlescreen."

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

ReadingZucchini posted:

After you have joined the game, alt-tab back to battlelog. On the blue bar on the bottom that mentions your server name, there will be a new, third button labeled "battlescreen."

Ah I see. I guess I can't do it in game. A bit clunky, but at least its possible. Thanks!

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Hot drat this is running like rear end on my i2500k and GTX 570. And it looks worse than BF3 too :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kevin mung
Jul 15, 2013

by Shine
I don't know if I'm crazy or whatever but this game seems to look (and run) way worse with settings maxed than BF3, like everything is crazy blurry and the map itself really barren and ugly. Also the UI is massive and cluttered, I feel like the target audience was 90 year olds. The HUD scale in the options only seemed to affect a few things.

I don't remember the BF3 beta being this straight up janky and unpleasant, this feels like a busted rear end expansion pack so far. I might be crazy though if someone feels like refreshing my memory.

• Locked thread