Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Me and a bunch of other swank goon street dudes bros played for hours tonight. Only saw about 1-2 glitches through the whole thing.

It. Was. Awesome.

Chopper-thievery-crew owns bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
Seems like money is shared between characters, do you know if appartments or garages are shared ? (clothes aren't)

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa

Shoehead posted:

poo poo yeah. I'm going to head over to the clothes shop and try to get on the roof with a gun.

Even more elaboration: get a van, park it out front. Get on the roof of the store and wait until they go in. Now move the van into position in front of the door. Shoot up the van when they try to come out.

Bonus points: put a sticky bomb on the car.

There are so many ideas for stunts you can pull now. I would love to see someone using an ATM. Baseball bat to the kneecaps!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Loving the racing in online. I'd need a PC version with wheel support to get the most out of it of course.

e: Safest way to launch online remains loading into SP, then going online via that menu. Going to try joining a crew game.

darks1de
Nov 13, 2005

shower your mind and feed your soul
I had no problem joining earlier (PS3) but after I deleted my character to make a new one, I'm forever stuck on "Joining GTA Online."
At least it's progress. :unsmith:

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
How do I back out of watching a circle spin without corrupting a save?

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

PriorMarcus posted:

Really loving the multiplayer and very happy with the character creator.

I'm assuming she has pants. Where did you buy them? I can't find pants anywhere

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I disagree with you guys about the character creator - I've seen a huge variation in characters while online. From fat construction worker types to a dude that looked like Marilyn Manson.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Some of the random little touches in this game are incredible. Just heard a british woman on the phone complaining to her husband for leaving her alone in a foreign city. They have guns here you know!!!

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

Oh god I just got into a duel with some guy, while he was dead I drove off in his car and got it stuck down in the subway. If there are trains in multiplayer this just gave me a nice idea.

lady blue shanghai posted:

They're on one of the racks near the entrance to the store.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
PS3 is down again I think, only solo mode is available

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Does anyone know what level you have to be to unlock the different types of clothing?

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

Strayah! This will be our outfit.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
It tells what rank you need for each individual piece when you hover over it.

(All shops sell all clothing, by the way.)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VERTiG0 posted:

I disagree with you guys about the character creator - I've seen a huge variation in characters while online. From fat construction worker types to a dude that looked like Marilyn Manson.

I think its a very clever way of making it so people really have varied and interesting characters instead of a bunch of itendtikit "guy with short black hair and beard" and "hilarious fat person".

Oh and holy poo poo when you unlock lester and can use him to put bounties on other peoples heads!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

She has black drainpipe jeans with high heel combat boots. I got the full outfit from a Blinko or whatever they are called. Each stand has different clothes so you need to walk around the full store until you actually find pants/shoes/accessories.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Ham posted:

Solo mode doesn't work at all for me either. It just hangs at the starting race

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Ham posted:

I finished the race and now I'm staring at a sweet cloud :(

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

VERTiG0 posted:

You can definitely get some interesting results if you fiddle enough. I've got a cute art house/hipster girl with glasses and a beret. Gonna spend my entire GTA:O experience talking about foreign films.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

theperminator posted:

Is there a way to change who my voice chat goes out to? as far as I can tell it seems to be going out to everyone on the server or something, and people got lovely when I was screaming at a store clerk to hurry the gently caress up with the cash.

I don't think you can change that, if you are in a party for example the scream at the clerk mechanic doesn't work since your voice goes to the party and not the game. What you can do is snap your fingers close to the mic and/or hit the mic with your finger, works perfectly and isn't as bad as screaming into your mic like a lunatic.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

VarXX posted:

Solo mode doesn't work at all for me either. It just hangs at the starting race

Yeah, it wont work until the servers are back on since you're forced into that online mission.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Harmonica posted:

Oh god I just got into a duel with some guy, while he was dead I drove off in his car and got it stuck down in the subway. If there are trains in multiplayer this just gave me a nice idea.

There are indeed trains in multiplayer. I stole somebody here's orange-rear end car earlier and maybe just kinda sorta :airquote:accidentally:airquote: parked the rear end of it under a locomotive.

Totally accidentally.

Then I may have accidentally air-striked two other goons who were racing down a desert highway IT WASN'T MY FAULT the sun was in my eyes.
(sorry guys)

shrimp fried rice 4-EVA
Feb 2, 2012

Holding my breath and I'm playing for keeps.
I was playing around with taking selfies and I broke the GUI.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

TjyvTompa posted:

I don't think you can change that, if you are in a party for example the scream at the clerk mechanic doesn't work since your voice goes to the party and not the game. What you can do is snap your fingers close to the mic and/or hit the mic with your finger, works perfectly and isn't as bad as screaming into your mic like a lunatic.

Someone said earlier that you can shoot the bottles behind the clerk if it's a liquor store to speed things up. I tried it, but it was my first robbery so I have no frame of reference. It went pretty quick though.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Someone said earlier that you can shoot the bottles behind the clerk if it's a liquor store to speed things up. I tried it, but it was my first robbery so I have no frame of reference. It went pretty quick though.

Yeah, seems to work just like in single player.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

You only have to shoot near the clerk and they'll hurry up. You don't have to hit anything.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Broseph Brostar posted:

I played GTAO with some goons all night with only a couple issues, stats reset at least once, and my minimap is stuck enlarged permanently making it impossible to see my health or armor. This bug won't actually go away upon switching back to single player or restarting the game from the dashboard. Despite that issue, it was still a load of fun all night.

Tap down on the d-pad. If you tap down on the d-pad then it cycles the display between small map/health/armor, large map and the player list+small map. I don't know why they don't show the health and armor on the large map, it would be very easy to fit the tiny bars on there.

Gearman posted:

You only have to shoot near the clerk and they'll hurry up. You don't have to hit anything.

Be careful doing this if you are robbing stores with a goon buddy. I pistol whipped and killed Danstanster multiple times during robberies because he got too close to me while I was shooting around the clerk to speed it up. It was pretty funny the first time it happened.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
This game is awesome except I can't stop spraying bullets everywhere except my target's head.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

FluffyDice posted:

It looks like you've made a replica of my guy. Those leather jackets own. I wish I'd picked a motorbike for my 1st vehicle though :(

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

In offline news, PIS is up to 16.54. I wonder if it'll peak around 22 like the chart said it did before.

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.

PriorMarcus posted:

Really loving the multiplayer and very happy with the character creator.

Is there a jacket like this for the male characters as well, or just the sports-biker type ones available in the clothes shop? Bought one anyway, but wish I could rock some sweet leather like that on my trashy meth-addict-looking biker.

EDIT: Also took a bike for my first vehicle, sort of unwillingly-- wasn't sure it would lock me into making it my first 'owned' vehicle. But I'm not really regretting it, it certainly makes robbing stores really easy. Might've looked for a muscle car had I known, though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Foul Fowl posted:

This game is awesome except I can't stop spraying bullets everywhere except my target's head.

Assuming you're generally aiming in the right general direction, etc, etc, are you holding down the trigger with automatic weapons? Tap it instead and fire in small accurate bursts.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

You can take your body armour on and off in the inventory screen (hold BACK/SELECT). Very neat. No longer taking extreme measures to avoid exposure on the beach.

FluffyDice posted:

If you have any idea how to reproduce that it could be really useful. Long range selfies are kind of missing right now (what if you could put your camera down and have it take a photo on a timer? Cmon R*!). Though I guess it doesn't matter now that we can get other people to take our photos for us.

'Excuse me, could you take a photo of me and my car? Here's $5.' *drives off without paying* *runs them over*

It's cool that is a thing.

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 2, 2013

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Is there VIP or anything like it? It was cool in IV.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Solo stuff you can do on PS3 is anything that doesn't put you into matchmaking ever. Knock over shops, level up from escapes, question is if the stats are saved.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

Solo stuff you can do on PS3 is anything that doesn't put you into matchmaking ever. Knock over shops, level up from escapes, question is if the stats are saved.

The dumbest part is, the first race can also be done in Solo mode. You race Lamarr instead of a bunch of random people. The thing is it doesn't work when the servers are down :v:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

VarXX posted:

The dumbest part is, the first race can also be done in Solo mode. You race Lamarr instead of a bunch of random people. The thing is it doesn't work when the servers are down :v:

Your immersion would be ruined if there wasn't at least one real person in the race. :rolleyes:

Evaluation Unit
Apr 7, 2004
I SURE HOPE THIS GRUESOME TERRORIST ATTACK DOESN'T INTERFERE WITH COMIC-CON
I may have missed it because there's so many pages to this thread, but has anyone created a goon crew yet? I want to play with some cool people rather than random people who murder me every chance they get.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Evaluation Unit posted:

I may have missed it because there's so many pages to this thread, but has anyone created a goon crew yet? I want to play with some cool people rather than random people who murder me every chance they get.

Go here bud. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3569678

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Something great about robbing a 7-11 just so I can afford a $2800 leather jacket.

• Locked thread