Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
That is the most metal thing I have ever seen and now I'm sad that Platinum didn't incorporate chainsaw knives into bladewolf into his dog shaped robo buddy form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Going back to the topic of Solid Snake and away from Octochainsaws, Snake canonically never got caught, excluding the parts where you can't not get caught. Snake is still alive--he's sneaking away from death.

In a cardboard box.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Pyroi posted:

Going back to the topic of Solid Snake and away from Octochainsaws, Snake canonically never got caught, excluding the parts where you can't not get caught. Snake is still alive--he's sneaking away from death.

In a cardboard box.

Finally Death turned to the inferior clone. A humble man, he asked for something that would allow him to go forth from that place without being followed by Death, and so it was that Death reluctantly handed over his own cardboard box.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

InfinityComplex posted:

That is the most metal thing I have ever seen and now I'm sad that Platinum didn't incorporate chainsaw knives into bladewolf into his dog shaped robo buddy form.

Youve not seen this the: http://tiny.cc/par83w

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

You folks might want to avoid clicking the link, it links to a FBI search page with some questionable terms regarding the POTUS.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Hooray, I was just thinking it had been way too long since the FBI last kicked down my front door.

That Irish Gal
Jul 8, 2012

Your existence amounts to nothing more than a goldfish swimming upriver.

PS: We are all actually cats

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Metal Gear Solid.

So what you're saying is that the logical conclusion to this series is to put Snake's consciousnesses into a Metal Gear, thus creating...

Metal Gear SOLID? :aaaaa: That makes waaaaayyyyy too much ~Kojima-Sense~ for it to not happen. :aaaaa:

E- vvvvv, well then fussy pants. Are you thinking a big cyborg cardboard box lined with nanocarbon tubes and poo poo or just a really big ordinary cardboard box? I'm thinking you'd get something like the boxes from peacewalker that look like tanks or ambulances, but instead they look like buildings.

That Irish Gal fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 30, 2013

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

That Irish Guy posted:

So what you're saying is that the logical conclusion to this series is to put Snake's consciousnesses into a Metal Gear, thus creating...

Metal Gear SOLID? :aaaaa: That makes waaaaayyyyy too much ~Kojima-Sense~ for it to not happen. :aaaaa:

That's literally exactly what I said thank you for explaining the joke goodbye

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

Enjoy the very latest in your lengthy history of bans and probations!

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

S.J. posted:

Nah, there would need to be a critical mass of Big Boss' around for that :v:

What do you think the Les Enfants Terribles project was really for?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

serious norman posted:

Youve not seen this the: (FBI webpage link)

That's just rude.

ImpAtom posted:

Snake went to live on a farm. A farm with all the near-sighted guards and cardboard boxes he could ever want. He can run and stretch and fistfight cyborg ninjas all day. :unsmith:

In a convenience store, somewhere in the rural United States, a man sets a pack of smokes and a bottle of cheap whiskey on the counter. His hands tremble with age but he produces his wallet, already knowing he's going to be asked for ID despite the obvious already being evident. The young man behind the register, barely an adult, murmurs a 'how do you do' but the other says nothing in response.

"Gonna have to ask you for ID for the alcohol, sir," the young man shrugs halfheartedly. "It's the law."

But the older man already has his ID produced, and beside the disgruntled expression in his driver's license photo is the name Iriquois Pliskin.

Snake takes his alcohol and smokes after paying and bids the cashier a quiet adieu.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Snake quit smoking.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Gologle posted:

Snake quit smoking.

Not for long, not in my mind. Snake will always be a smoker.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CJacobs posted:

Not for long, not in my mind. Snake will always be a smoker.

He just moved to smoking ID-tagged nicotine capsules, using ID-tagged E-cigs.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He just moved to smoking ID-tagged nicotine capsules, using ID-tagged E-cigs.

Proxy cigarettes, smoked by proxy lungs...

(cyborg lungs)

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

For all the people who were having doubts about the PC port, thinking it was forgotten and not gonna happen, Kojima recently posted something on Twitter, basically saying the game looks great so far.

So, yeah, it's still happening.

Penakoto fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 2, 2013

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Along with a picture with him in the Raiden Sombrero.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I am definitely an idiot child so that means I am definitely double-dipping on this one. This is the best game I've played in recent memory, for real.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

If you're going to mention the sombrero you should probably link the thing.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
And the other thing.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Don't know if anyone already posted it, but this is a pretty sweet action figure.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
I'm generally the person who wants to buy stupid game related action figures but never does because I know it's a slippery slope that would end with me buying wall scrolls... BUT that Raiden figure is pretty sweet. Also, the Blade Wolf DLC update is coming sometime this week. Maybe tomorrow? I'm not entirely sure yet.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Best part is that it comes with a watermelon.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Ometeotl posted:

Best part is that it comes with a watermelon.

And a cardboard box.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Chip Cheezum posted:

I'm generally the person who wants to buy stupid game related action figures but never does because I know it's a slippery slope that would end with me buying wall scrolls... BUT that Raiden figure is pretty sweet. Also, the Blade Wolf DLC update is coming sometime this week. Maybe tomorrow? I'm not entirely sure yet.
Yeah, I'd never buy this stuff but...

I kinda want this on my desk now.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

KozmoNaut posted:

And a cardboard box.

It's the cutest little cardboard box I have ever seen :allears:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Neurion posted:

It's the cutest little cardboard box I have ever seen :allears:

It's not just any box- it's a Platinum Express box! The most over-the-top shipping service available worldwide!

"Why is that delivery truck blaring buttrock and driving so fast?"

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Buttrock is out. Buttstep is in.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Stare-Out posted:

Does he get a cute little oil drum too or are you just going to have to improvise? Does it have a sombrero an serape or and of the goofy WoD weapons?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Schwartzcough posted:

Don't know if anyone already posted it, but this is a pretty sweet action figure.

God dammit, now I'm going to have to buy Nerd Merch.

QuietMisdreavus
May 12, 2013

I'm fine. Nothing to worry about.

muike posted:

Buttrock is out. Buttstep is in.

Is this a thing? Can this be a thing?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Stare-Out posted:

That is brilliant, now we just need a Snake one and then Snake and Raiden can have box battles.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

You may as well keep it in a drawer or somewhere else where it won't take up desk space. I mean, nobody's going to notice it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Neruz posted:

That is brilliant, now we just need a Snake one and then Snake and Raiden can have box battles.

It's not exactly a figure, but a drat good looking papercraft.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Ariong posted:

You may as well keep it in a drawer or somewhere else where it won't take up desk space. I mean, nobody's going to notice it.

You uh...You're not very familiar with the kinda nerdy poo poo people keep on their desks, huh?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Lance Streetman posted:

You uh...You're not very familiar with the kinda nerdy poo poo people keep on their desks, huh?

That whole joke just went right over your head didn't it?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Yeah Lance completely missed that one.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Right the gently caress over. I'm VERY burned out at the moment.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Hey, I might give out an exclamation once I decided to see what was under the box!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you put one of those on your desk I will only acknowledge it if you also place dark footprint spots leading up to Raiden's feet.

• Locked thread