Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
:siren::siren::siren:DO NOT use the “Retry” button after receiving the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable” as this may result in loss of character! If you are trying to access GTA Online and Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable, please exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the Pause menu in Story Mode.:siren::siren::siren:

:siren:READ THIS WARNING BEFORE YOU ASK IN THE THREAD:siren:

IS GTA ONLINE... ONLINE RIGHT NOW? thanks MrSpiffy
http://caniplaygtaonlineyet.com/

UPDATES FROM ROCKSTAR. CHECK THESE EVERY DAY!
http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246
http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200435267-Loss-of-characters-rank-items-apartments-and-or-in-game-money-in-GTA-Online

1. This is a work in progress thread. Any info you would like in the op should be either PM'd to me, or posted in the thread directed at me. Just don't quote the whole OP please.
  2. GTA Online is the multiplayer component of GTA V (That's GTA 5) I say this because I know some idiot will get excited and think that its some stand alone game or something. But then, who reads these? Really?
  3. You are not the only one having problems connecting. No, we really can't help you and if you are not already in, just keep trying or wait until Rockstar fixes the problems.
  4. Don't bitch about the issues all the time. We understand you are having problems, but its getting better. There is nothing any of us can do and if you're really that angry about it, tweet at Rockstar or send them an angry letter/email or something. Bitching in here doesn't help anybody and just makes for lovely reading.
  5. Most things wont work until they unfuck the servers. Until then, stay clam and keep pressing your (A) or (X) button until it works for you.
  6. If somebody in the thread helps you out. Say thanks. It's nice. Be nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A

Welcome to the world of GTA Online, were you and your friends can shoot each other in the face, shoot pubbies in the face, shoot store clerks in the face and even the police in the face. Together.
Oh, and you can buy houses and cars. Rob banks together with friends. Race people or just have a good old fashion death match! The world (of San Andreas) is your playground. Have fun.

You can make up to two characters, with more slots to be unlocked at a later date. (or maybe DLC/micro transaction?)
Before being set free in the open world, you have to do 3 tutorial missions. A race with Lamar, a mission for Lamar's associate and then a Last Man Standing multiplayer match. This takes about 15 minutes or so if you don't dick about.
Once you are free from Lamar's clutches, you can roam around the open world, which acts as a hub (with a lots of poo poo to do!) from which you can launch missions in.

There are missions dotted all around the map. More of which unlock as you level your character up. Some of these can be done alone, though most of them will be done with other players. When you start, there are only a few types.

Deathmatch
Last Man Standing
Car Races
Bike Races
Push Bike Races
And no doubt more that I'm missing right now, but there is loads and more once you level.

More stuff is due to unlock once Rockstar sort their servers out. One of which is Coop Heists. Yeah, that's going to own.

You can do all this, with 15 other people. They could be your friends, they could be random 13 year old's who totally shouldn't be playing this adult game, but they are. Or a mouth breather with the mic on. Urgh.

GTA Online Checklist by theBeaz

• Helicopters still spawn at hospital and can be stolen - CHECK
  • Fighter jets still spawn at military base and you can parachute from the heli into the hangar and steal them - CHECK
  • Can lock on and shoot down other players in helicopters (and not be a Bad Sport) - CHECK
  • Can buzz bomb players on the highway and make them poo poo their pants - CHECK CHECK CHECK

Currently, GTAO is boned. Its nigh on impossible to even do the tutorial race without the game making GBS threads itself, sometimes it just kicks you out randomly, sometimes you character will not save his or her stats and many other wonderful things.

But once you pass that race, you're almost ready for smooth sailing. (ahaha, I'm kidding shits whack still)

Be warned. Its a loving big game suffering a massive influx of players which Rockstar didn't expect. They are doing the best to fix it, but its going to take time. They even released a statement before launch saying (though I've taken some artistic license) "Holy poo poo we sold a fuckload more copy's then expected! Don't expect this poo poo to work right way. Hell, it might take a few weeks. Just stick with us until we unfuck the servers and everything else. I hope we have the fire brigade on standby!"
But if you want to read what they really said, go here! http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51422/some-more-details-on-grand-theft-auto-online.html

Here are some handy tips that MAY help you get online.

READ THIS IF YOU CHARACTER HAS VANISHED!

Robawesome posted:

I sent Rockstar a ticket regarding my missing character and they responded within ten minutes saying not to create a new one and to either wait for the cloud to find my file or wait for the title update which should also rectify the issue. Also, my "proper" cash balance is showing again.

BOTH Xbox 360 and PS3
Delete your existing GTAO character and try again.
Open your routers PORTS for your consoles online service.
  • Xbox 360
  • PS3 (link says GTAIV, but all ps3 online ports are the same)

Xbox 360
Delete the latest patch and clear your 360's hard drives cache.
  • Go to the Xbox Home, then go to Setting > System > Storage > Hard Drive > Games and Applications > GTA V > Title update (delete that).
  • Then to clear your cache, go back to Hard Drive, press Y while its highlighted, then Clear System Cache.
  • Turn off your Xbox, then turn it on and TRY. It might not work. But hey, who knows!

PS3
I have no idea and I can't find any solid info, other then what VarXX posted. If you have any other tips. Post them up!

VarXX posted:

PS3 users who are having problems getting past the tutorial should delete the 1.01 Title Update and try again, and if that doesn't work, delete the character that's stuck before the race and make a new one. When you complete the race you'll probably lock up. This is okay because now you have completed the race so just start online again and never have another issue. (Until the Cloud servers break and you lose all your characters)

So you made it into the game. Good on you! Now what? Need cash? Need friends? gently caress THAT LITTLE poo poo SHOT ME DOWN gently caress HIM!
Here are some tips to get you started.

• Player makers with a BLUE ring around them are IN YOUR CREW. Go help them. Have fun!
  • Most of the activity's don't net you much money. But the missions you get via phone can be quite profitable. Unless you die. Then its expensive.
  • Zip! posted:

Quick money making tips!

- Join a session, drive to the area where the Bugatti Veron spawns in SP near the Posenbys/Fancy barbers. Steal a luxury SUV, there's a LSC 30 seconds away to the east. Sell the car, collect $9,000, deposit and quit GTA online. Join GTA online again and you'll be able to do this again immediately. Repeat ad nauseam.

- At level 9 Gerald gives you the mission Meth'd up which with a crew of 4 nets you a decent take of $5,000. You can repeat this as many times as you like by selecting replay in the bottom left corner of screen that gives you the 6 choices for your next job.

- At level 15 Gerald gives you the mission Violent Duct which nets you $9,000 and around 1,300RP. Again, you can repeat this as many times as you like by selecting replay in the bottom left corner of the next job screen. EDIT: The "replay mission" option is no longer selectable on next-mission selection page if the mission was completed successfully. But missions (ie Violent Duct) can be still replayed by selecting the Quick Replay button (R2) instead of Continue after the like/dislike vote. Unfortunately this method bypasses the invite/purchase/difficulty menu, so you're locked into all of these decisions at the start of your run.

Since R* disabled the replay button, it's very likely this feature will be patched out when they can get to it. So basically... use it before ya lose it.
    Thanks EvilTobaccoExec for the update!

If you've already passed the above jobs you can get access to them again by just calling Gerald over and over until he sends you the one of the above jobs. You can also increase the RP you gain by changing the difficulty to hard which gives you a 1.5x multiplier.

• When doing the mission Meth'd Up DRIVE OFFROAD STRAIGHT TO THE MARKER. Take out the first motorcycles that show up and then go as the crow flies to the end. Even if it's a little slower it's better than dying and you can make a boatload of cash.
  • Use the "Players" option in the Online pause menu to check your reputation and full stats.
  • Set your Vehicle Access in the Back menu(I don't know what it is on PS3) to Crew + Friends so people can't steal your vehicle.
  • Tap down on the d-pad once to see a list of players on the server, tap it again to see the expanded map(it goes back to small map after 10-15 seconds). It also shows your experience bar at the top of the screen.
  • Use the "Join Crew Members" to join sessions with goons. First time doesn't always put you in a session with crew, so use it until you do. Use down on the d-pad or the "Players" option in the
  • Online pause menu to see who's on the server.
  • You can start closed sessions of various types from the Online menu in the pause screen in single player. Use this if you don't want random pubbies to join your sessions with crew.
  • When you are grinding out RP or money by replaying a mission like Methed Up or Violent Duct, you can replay the mission much faster by voting to restart before the mission select screen comes up. When a mission ends, first you vote on whether you like/dislike/no vote a particular mission. Then there is a second vote on how to proceed. The options at the bottom only mention "press A" (/whatever the PS3 equivalent is) but if you pull RT instead you vote to restart the mission. You can shave 2-4 minutes of menu loading in between each run this way. The only downside is you won't have a chance to buy ammo because you'll go straight back in.

RANK UNLOCKS
Rank 5: Micro SMG in Ammunation for $3700. (Buy this ASAP.)
Rank 6: Golf, tennis, darts and arm-wrestling added to the map.
Rank 8: A one-time chance to alter your character's appearance.
Rank 10: Introduction to Lester.
(more to come when somebody tells me more of them, or I play the game more)

SELLING CARS AT MOD SHOPS
All cars listed are UNDAMAGED. Prices will be lower with more damage to them.
You can sell one car every 48 minutes REAL TIME.
  • Lampadati Felon GT - $9500
  • Gallivanter Baller - $9000
  • Lampadati Felon - $9000
  • Ocelot F620 - $8000
  • Ubermacht Oracle - $8000
  • Ubermacht Sentinel XS - $8000
  • Benefactor Schwartzer - $8000
  • Albany Cavalcade - $7000
  • Benefactor Dubsta - $7000
  • Ubermacht Zion Cabria - $6500
  • Ocelot Jackal - $6000
  • Landstalker - $5800
  • Mammoth Patriot - $5000
  • Dundreary Landstalker - $5000
  • Mammoth Patriot - $5000
  • Fantom FG - $5000
  • Monster Truck - $4500
  • Cheval Surge - $3800
  • Schyster Fusillade - $3600
  • Dundrey Granger - $3500
  • Vapid Dominator - $3500
  • Bravado Buffalo - $3500
  • Vapid Radius - $3200
  • Bravado Gauntlet - $3100
  • Canis Seminole - $3000
  • Declasse Tornado - $3000
  • Bravado Gresley - $2900
  • Karin Asterope - $2500
  • Western Daemon - $2500
  • Maibatsu Penumbra - $2400
  • Imponte Phoenix - $2000
  • Weeny Issi - $1800
  • Albany Washington - $1500
  • Sabre Turbo - $1500
  • Zirconium Stratum - $1000
  • Albany Emperor - $800
  • Cheval Picador - $500
  • Sanchez - $200

WHAT ABOUT THOSE GTA $$$
You can spend real money on in game cash. Well, you'll be able to soon anyway. They took the feature down while the server crapped out. Here are the prices, anyway!

Great White Shark - $20/£13.49 = 1,200,000 GTA$
Bull Shark - $10/£6.99 = $500,000 GTA$
Tiger Shark - $5/£3.49 = 200,000 GTA$
Red Shark - $3/£1.99 = 100,000 GTA$

So now you have some cash. Or not. Because you died a lot, but you want to play with goons? Alright sweet. Here's the deal.

GTA Online Goon Crew thread - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3569678
This has all the active crews. From East side to West side and even Australia. You'll find a crew to rep in here!

There is currently a 300-member limit on crews, so we have divided them by platform. Please don't take up a spot on a platform you won't be playing on that could go to someone else! You can be in up to 5 crews at once, though, so go hogwild with timezone-oriented crews if you so choose!

Or you can find a fellow goons in the same area as you looking to do the same poo poo as you. Check it!
Xbox 360
  1. Fill this out! CLICK HERE!
  2. Look for friend! CLICK HERE!

PS3
  1. Fill this out! CLICK HERE!
  2. Look for friend! CLICK HERE!

ABC. EASY AS IRC.
irc.synirc.net
#gta5goons
irc://irc.synirc.net/gta5goons

Or use this link to join from your browser.
http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23gta5goons&server=irc.synirc.net

tehsid fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

How To Make a Character You Won't Will Less Likely Complain Is Hideous

Gaspar Lewis posted:

1. Allocate your statistics first. These are done in points representing half-hours of an imaginary day in the life of your character. For a limited set of sliders, the combinations control everything from height and weight to facial bruising and hollowed-out eyes.

2. Make your face not ugly. (If that's what you want.) For a character with a clean face, sleep at least 8 hours a day and limit the amount of time doing "illegal activites" to two. If you pay close attention, you'll notice the amount of blotches and bruises and scars rise and fall.

3. Pick a set of starter clothes to work from. The stats you pick also pre-determine what clutch of appearance details you can choose from to start with for free. Sure, you'll change out of them soon enough, but you might as well like you have for now, right?

4. Okay now go pick your parents. Rather than seeing the cracked-out versions of all the faces you might be making because you didn't do your stats first, now you can really get a sense of how you're going to look.

I've heard around level 6 you get a chance to reconfigure you character's look again, but I don't know that for sure. All your stats will start off kinda crummy anyway so don't sweat it too much. If anyone wants to elaborate on all the details each slider controls visually, feel free, but that's your 101. And, of course:
code:
      Stamina Strength Flying  Lungs 
        \ /     \ /     \ /     \ /
       |---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
Asleep | + |   | + | + |   |   | + |
F & F  | + | - |   |   |   | + |   |
Sports | + | - | + |   |   | - | + |
Legal  | + |   |   | + | + | - |   |
Couch  | - |   |   |   | + | + | - |
Party  | - | + | - | + | - |   | - |
Illegal|   | + |   |   |   | + | - |
            / \     / \     / \
         Shooting Stealth Driving

some goon posted:

It's hard as hell to create a female character that doesn't look like a loving neanderthal, but the closest I got was with the following settings:

Mother's Side
  • Grandmother 5
  • Grandfather 1
  • 80% to Grandfather

Father's Side
  • Grandmother 4
  • Grandfather 1
  • 60% to Grandmother
  • Female
  • 90% to Mother's side.

PICTURES AND STORIES FROM THE FRONT LINES!]
PM me your pics with an IMGUR link (http://imgur.com/) and I'll post it here. Stories to go along with them too if you wish. Just make sure you format them in a way that doesn't look like rear end.

anuj posted:

I love this game now that it's working.

Sir Neckbeard posted:

Bumped into goon shrapnel rain and we tried to rob a store.
Didn't end well :v:

Second attempt was much better

tehsid fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 4, 2013

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

Your journey begins here.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I can't wait to get my loving Golf and Tennis matches going.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Rapdawg posted:

I can't wait to get my loving Golf and Tennis matches going.

You and me both buddy!

theBeaz
Jul 11, 2006

Reposting from the old thread because it bears repeating:

GTA Online Checklist

• Fighter jets still spawn at military base and you can parachute from the heli into the hangar and steal them - CHECK
  • Can lock on and shoot down other players in helicopters (and not be a Bad Sport) - CHECK
  • Can buzz bomb players on the highway and make them poo poo their pants - CHECK CHECK CHECK

Gentlemen I think GTA Online is already a success.

And new content:

I was able to get in on launch day probably mostly due to luck... but you too can try what I did if you're getting stuck waiting for players on the intro mission. Go into singleplayer first, then Pause - Online - Start Solo Session. This doesn't guarantee that the race won't still break, but if you get as far as where "waiting for players" WOULD be, it should just load up and have you racing Lamar.

Once I got past that I've had very few problems with GTA Online.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!
^^ I wonder if the attack chopper still spawns at the NOOSE Compound. I'll have to go check it out.

I have to say that playing with friends makes this game about 1000x more fun, so everybody should be joining a goon crew!

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Things to add to the first post:

Use the "Players" option in the Online pause menu to check your reputation and full stats.

Set your Vehicle Access in the Back menu(I don't know what it is on PS3) to Crew + Friends so people can't steal your vehicle.

Tap down on the d-pad once to see a list of players on the server, tap it again to see the expanded map(it goes back to small map after 10-15 seconds). It also shows your experience bar at the top of the screen.

Use the "Join Crew Members" to join sessions with goons. First time doesn't always put you in a session with crew, so use it until you do. Use down on the d-pad or the "Players" option in the Online pause menu to see who's on the server.

You can start closed sessions of various types from the Online menu in the pause screen in single player. Use this if you don't want random pubbies to join your sessions with crew.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 3, 2013

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Not sure if this should be in the OP or not, but I'm aware that I'm not the only one experiencing this: Not only have I not been able to connect to GTA:O, the update has cased bad glitches in my singleplayer game.

Post-update, I can't switch characters in singleplayer. Since I'm on a mission that requires switching mid-mission, the story mode is essentially locked out for me. I can freeroam as Michael, but I have none of the weapons I had before and can't switch.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

AhhYes posted:

Not sure if this should be in the OP or not, but I'm aware that I'm not the only one experiencing this: Not only have I not been able to connect to GTA:O, the update has cased bad glitches in my singleplayer game.

Post-update, I can't switch characters in singleplayer. Since I'm on a mission that requires switching mid-mission, the story mode is essentially locked out for me. I can freeroam as Michael, but I have none of the weapons I had before and can't switch.

Reload an earlier save. I hope you save manually often.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I would add that everyone should make a female character too. First, it makes the intro cutscene a thousand times better. Second, 90% of player models in-game seem to be skinny white guys with beard, sunglasses, or beard and sunglasses. There's some variety, but not much. Working through a bunch of race and deathmatch lobbies today my girl just looked classy purely because she stood out so much. Tanned skin, blond hair, neck scarf. My girl Matilda looks amazing.

Also, something hilarious about the strip club. No bouncers, so you can touch the dancer as much as you like. The flirting is no longer a button though, you have to talk into your microphone to flirt. Rockstar are being glorious trolls here, someone somewhere is going to embarrass themselves over mic and I only hope I am there to witness it. :allears:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Random server freeroam,
Get helicopter,
Have long rifle.

:smug: When this works it's GOTY

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Parkingtigers posted:

I would add that everyone should make a female character too. First, it makes the intro cutscene a thousand times better. Second, 90% of player models in-game seem to be skinny white guys with beard, sunglasses, or beard and sunglasses. There's some variety, but not much. Working through a bunch of race and deathmatch lobbies today my girl just looked classy purely because she stood out so much. Tanned skin, blond hair, neck scarf. My girl Matilda looks amazing.

You can create multiple characters and see both intros once the servers are working more smoothly. If I recall correctly, there are 4 slots total with 2 unlocked to begin with. It's pretty crazy that there's other online stuff in menus that you can only get to in single player.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Mines lasted an hour then froze loading a death match.

Now let's see if my guy saved...

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!

Parkingtigers posted:

Also, something hilarious about the strip club. No bouncers, so you can touch the dancer as much as you like. The flirting is no longer a button though, you have to talk into your microphone to flirt. Rockstar are being glorious trolls here, someone somewhere is going to embarrass themselves over mic and I only hope I am there to witness it. :allears:

Plus, female characters seem to come out looking alot better than male characters.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Parkingtigers posted:

Do private dances or the strip club have any benefit in GTA:O?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The fact that there's two GTA Online threads is really confusing.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I like this OP better. Therefore, I like this thread better.

all hail this thread

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

futureproof posted:

Plus, female characters seem to come out looking alot better than male characters.

Way WAY better. It's also hilarious when you out-perform people on missions and the quest giver talks to you and here you are, this giant woman in heels that's all attitude.

RIP the one that got deleted, she was too beautiful for this online world of psychopaths:

theBeaz
Jul 11, 2006

Stiggs posted:

^^ I wonder if the attack chopper still spawns at the NOOSE Compound. I'll have to go check it out.
Just checked for you... looks like a negative Goon sir.

vvvvv

Problem is you look just like me. And I look like everyone else.

theBeaz fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 3, 2013

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

futureproof posted:

I disagree. My argument?

DEAD SEXY

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

RIP Donna Pinciotti. I will create you again.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

My buddy and I were tooling around last night and were a little disappointed that all the missions seem to be team-competition/races. I guess the "jobs" are more just co-op missions?

Looking forward to the co-op heists.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

futureproof posted:

My male voice that has been described by others as "effeminate while still being strangely surly" sounds awesome coming out of my high class whore character.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

theBeaz posted:

Reposting from the old thread because it bears repeating:

GTA Online Checklist

Gentlemen I think GTA Online is already a success.

And new content:

I was able to get in on launch day probably mostly due to luck... but you too can try what I did if you're getting stuck waiting for players on the intro mission. Go into singleplayer first, then Pause - Online - Start Solo Session. This doesn't guarantee that the race won't still break, but if you get as far as where "waiting for players" WOULD be, it should just load up and have you racing Lamar.

Once I got past that I've had very few problems with GTA Online.

The best part about the fighter jets is that you don't even need to parachute in to steal one. For whatever reason you don't get the 4 stars automatically when flying a helicopter over the base so you can actually land right next to the jet on the runway and you'll get 4 stars but usually nothing will spawn close enough to even pose a threat, now all you have to do is take off and avoid the first couple missiles they launch at you and then it's time to terrorize pubbies :getin:

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Some info that people may be curious in. It seems that some of the apartments in the same price range are completely identical visually inside. The only thing extra you're paying for is the location.

Namely, the $80k and $87k (both 2-car) ones are copy-pasted, even down to the props you can use inside. I imagine it's the same for the ones that cost around $200k (10-car), but for those you at least get a working window so the view may justify a price difference. The ~$200k ones also seem to the be the one they showed off in the trailer, extremely spacious inside with a gorgeous garage for showing off cars.

Might be worthwhile getting a list of which properties give you which interiors exactly. I think there may be four or five different price brackets, looking at the list.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Apartments allow you to spawn at your apartment when you log in. They also allow you to use the shower and sing into the mic for extra RP :sparkles:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

theBeaz posted:

Just checked for you... looks like a negative Goon sir.

Way more important than silly helicopters: The BMX bike still spawns at the half pipe behind the community center!

quote:

Problem is you look just like me. And I look like everyone else.

I don't really look like him. (I'm all bruised up from BMX biking)

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Obsurveyor posted:

Way more important than silly helicopters: The BMX bike still spawns at the half pipe behind the community center!
Don't forget to put your loving helmet on from the Inventory menu (Hold Back/Select) for when idiots knock you off the bike and you wang your head. Helmets save lives! :v:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
It might be worth noting in the OP the ranks at which important things unlock. I think it was something like this:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

At least you put some effort into your OP, please close the other one.

My new headset is sitting at my house so looking forward to some 1009 heists tonight.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

It might be worth noting in the OP the ranks at which important things unlock. I think it was something like this:

I'm happy to do this once I get up in the morning. If somebody wants to flesh it out, it would save me a load of time.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.
Can someone explain how the insurance payout works for tagged vehicles, especially in regards to destroying another players vehicle? Some idiot parked his crotch rocket under my dumptruck and it cost ME 2k.

translucent_air
Dec 29, 2012
Many of you guys online yet? Just started a few hours ago, pretty mental

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

I've only actually been able to get online solo once and that was because the game glitched out and dropped me in Vinewood hills. Now I get stuck launching the first mission, even when I've picked solo.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

lady blue shanghai posted:

Made a new char with guide for creating not-hideous female chars (thanks goon who posted it) and now I'm on the screen that with a blue bar at the top with settings - players - details (I can't interact with it). It says launching session in small text at the bottom right and I can hear static in my headset. Is this the race-launching problem so many people have had? Haven't experienced this particular fail yet. Can it be waited out, or should I go ahead and kill the game from the xmb?

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

If you don't at least get past the intro movie I would kill it.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.
In online mode the vehicle passenger can control the radio station. My first experience playing with others online was a West Coast Classics vs. Rebel Radio battle.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
I got past the intro movie. I walked to the blue trigger and a cutscene played where a guy drove up next to me and got out of his car and walked away. My char stood there looking at the car. Then it went to a blurry shot of the city overlaid with that blue bar and "launching session" and it was just chilling like that. I spoke to a guy over voice chat that said he could see me standing there and that he's been waiting a long time too. :unsmith: I killed the game.

I had a funny glitch though. In character creation, my gal was stuck in talking animation - her mouth wouldn't stop moving and she was gesturing. It kept going through the Lamar cutscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

lady blue shanghai posted:

I had a funny glitch though. In character creation, my gal was stuck in talking animation - her mouth wouldn't stop moving and she was gesturing. It kept going through the Lamar cutscene.

No, that's your microphone or god forbid, Kinect, picking up ambient sound. Mute that poo poo immediately. People broadcasting all the time are the worst!

• Locked thread