Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!
So did they ever fix the garage bugs? I see the patch notes say they did, but I am also reading reports that cars are still disappearing and losing upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

GNU Order posted:

I was driving down the Highway right off the coast when I spotted something sitting right in the middle of the road.

Land shark ahoy!

Okay, at some point someone needs to try to get a shark, or many sharks, into the back of say a dump truck, then hook that with the cargobob (can the cargobob lift a dump truck?), and then drop it on people. Even better if this could all be accomplished in GTA:O.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TroubledWaters posted:

So did they ever fix the garage bugs? I see the patch notes say they did, but I am also reading reports that cars are still disappearing and losing upgrades.

I haven’t lost a car since the patch. Then again, only the safehouse‐attached garages ate my cars before. The standalone ones were always good to me.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Marnie keeps texting me even after all the Epsilon missions are over and I hosed them over. She sends the same message every time I turn on my game- is this a bug or a hint to there being more?

Kifflom!

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
It's supposed to be for another collection quest. For some reason, I keep getting the same message after getting the first one, though.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Rapdawg posted:

Marnie keeps texting me even after all the Epsilon missions are over and I hosed them over. She sends the same message every time I turn on my game- is this a bug or a hint to there being more?

Kifflom!

It's a hint. There are ten epsilon tracts to find scattered around, the texts are giving you a hint as to the location of one

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I still cant get any bawsaq data on PS3 after days, this is loving bullshit.

TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!

Platystemon posted:

I haven’t lost a car since the patch. Then again, only the safehouse‐attached garages ate my cars before. The standalone ones were always good to me.

Awesome, thanks!

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
For a developer with so much money and experience they make the most baffling design decisions. Have to land stunt jumps on four/two wheels but due to the cinematic camera half the time you can't even see where you're going to land or whether you're aligned properly. I've been trying a jump across the water in Banning countless times now and I have no loving idea what I'm doing wrong compared to videos and guides online.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Man, I felt horrible *Random Encounter spoilers* Handing that runaway bride over to the Altruists. I know you're playing as the bad guys in this series but I dunno if I can keep doing that.

Also, I know this was intentional, but the Epsilon Program missions after you get the robes are so horrendously tedious.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Beeez posted:

Also, I know this was intentional, but the Epsilon Program missions after you get the robes are so horrendously tedious.

If you are planning to 100%, that's a perfect time for collectible hunting.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Michael loving loves getting wasted. :haw:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
My game has glitched! I patched today then went online which kicked me out after the race, after that all character swapping loads then ends up with a bugged view of the street where my online character was when he was kicked. Please tell me this is fixable!

Beeez
May 28, 2012

DrNutt posted:

If you are planning to 100%, that's a perfect time for collectible hunting.

That's true, but I'm probably not gonna 100% it this go round. Just doing the side story stuff and whatever random encounters I happen upon. And the desert thing is the most tedious part and you can't really search for collectibles then.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ah, spent all day working on an assignment. Can't wait to finish and boot up GTA Online to have some fun and unwind OH THE CLOUD SERVERS ARE DOWN NEVER MIND.

(Sort it out Rockstar, gently caress)

Edit: ok it's working now, thanks Rockstar

Frankston fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 4, 2013

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
I want Dr. Ray DeAngelo Harris DLC. I JUST WANT TO HELP PEOPLE. YOU UNDERSTAND, CHERYL?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The golf player Michael can give a ride to after his girlfriend throws all his stuff out of the second story of his apartment sounds exactly like Cyril Figgis from Archer, and the FIB dude Steven Haines sounds and acts like Barry from Archer too.

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007

endlosnull posted:

So I'm stuck and can't progress through the story.

Final mission spoilers
I chose the discreet option and stole the police truck but I'm stuck at modding the 3 gauntlet cars, Los Santos Customs will not open so I can't mod the cars. I've tried multiple characters, different cars, using Franklin to buy the one near Sandy Shores and going there instead of the one near the airport, none of this works. In fact the one near Sandy Shores, the garage wouldn't open, but I could walk in through the front door and get the garage doors to open while I'm inside, but driving the car in won't trigger anything. Am I screwed since I don't have a save before choosing the heist path?

You can't use the one that Franklin can buy to mod the cars. Are you sure you're getting the cars from the locations in the email?

endlosnull
Dec 29, 2006

Dr Geek posted:

You can't use the one that Franklin can buy to mod the cars. Are you sure you're getting the cars from the locations in the email?

Yeah, I tried both the gauntlet car on top of the Pillbox Hills parking garage and the one near CeCe behind the jewelry store. I get the yellow goal indicator to go to the Los Santos Customs near the airport and I go to that one. I tried using all 3 characters and even dying/not dying and I know the correct door because I've looked at youtube videos of people doing it. I've also tried putting sticky bombs on it and it fails me when I get to the door and says the car can't be modded. This really sucks because I am stuck 30+ hours in.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Just switched to Michael and he was in a car I had saved in his garage. Took it home and there's an exact copy of what I'm driving already sitting there. Oh, you, garage.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

Platystemon posted:

I think the patch was meant for safe house garages eating cars, which still happens.

Robocop Horney
Feb 15, 2009

by T. Finninho
I was able to consistently get around the garage eating cars by parking cars outside of the safehouse instead of in the garage. I never lost a single car that was parked outside the house. Franklin's house comfortably fits two cars and a motorcycle outside (possibly three cars), Michael's house seems to only keep two sitting around. I never find myself using Trevor so I'm not sure what his situation is like.

If you park more cars than the house can handle outside it seems to lose one or more of them, though.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
There really should be a never wanted cheat. I just wanna start a gang war, play some extreme golf, stuff like that, without the police being there within 20 seconds of Trevor hitting someone in the face.

DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011
Aw yeah finally got some time to play GTA Online. I've been drinking a beer and waiting for the first race to start for fifteen minutes now.

Launching Session...

Edit:
Wrong thread. Sorry!

DrankSinatra fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 5, 2013

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Beeez posted:

That's true, but I'm probably not gonna 100% it this go round. Just doing the side story stuff and whatever random encounters I happen upon. And the desert thing is the most tedious part and you can't really search for collectibles then.

I wouldn't recommend doing those quests on this run then. The desert thing isn't so bad if you run from one end to the other, using sticky bombs on trucks and trailers along the way and murdering wildlife.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Budget Dracula posted:

I read somewhere that if you clean shave the face/hair of the characters it grows back over time? Do the regular hairstyles change into longer ones as well?
Some of them do! Trevor's Randall haircut with the shaved sides is an example of this.

Before:

After:

Hard to see in the selfies though.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

TroubledWaters posted:

I hope so cause I just carjacked the Coil which is the Tesla S.

This thing is insane.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I've finished the game and wrapped up the assassination missions (but totally mucked up earning big dollars due to completing a few assassinations before the end :() but my missions completed grid says 68/69. Is there something else I missed some how?

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
When my therapist was going to gently caress me over and use me to make a TV show his unfortunate rear end just got a taste of the minigun I just brought. I poured it in till he exploded and took out like 6 cars with him 5 FEET out of the driveway. I then went over in soaked up the view of his corpse. Best therapy session I ever had.

Intrepid00 fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 5, 2013

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004
Well the bug where you can't get into Trevor's stripclub seems to be back after the patch. Jesus loving Christ.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Done with all the under-the-bridge flights, knife flights and stunt jumps. :cripes:

Not sure why they didn't use the same pass/fail message for flights, like jumps. That and random weather turbulence made bridge flights easily the worst "fly under stuff" experience in recent sandbox games. Jumps aren't really bad, if you bring a bike that is. I honestly don't know how you'd do a lot of them in a car, that must be a nightmare.

The one I kept failing was due to being too fast, I realized eventually. Quicksaving really helps for all of these "collectibles". Even then, the game "lost" my bike several times when I loaded a quicksave I saved while sitting on it, once it was nowhere to be found and I had to order a new one, and the other times it was in the impound lot for some reason.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Where are people getting that huge beard for Michael and baldness for whomever? I've been in every loving barber shop and it's all the same three styles for every character.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Hakkesshu posted:

Where are people getting that huge beard for Michael and baldness for whomever? I've been in every loving barber shop and it's all the same three styles for every character.

You need to log into social club, that unlocks them.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

^^ This too.

Hakkesshu posted:

There is a very upscale barbershop called Bob Molé on the Vinewood Hills strip near Michael's house (right next to the Ponsonby's). IIRC you get it there; all other barbershops are identical, and he has unique styles for all three characters.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Davoren posted:

You need to log into social club, that unlocks them.

Oh. Guess you need a Gold subscription for that, huh? I've already logged in and connected my accounts, but I'm not getting anything.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Isn't it free this weekend? Xbox gold I mean.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
The first title update removed the Gold requirement for Social Club features.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

setafd posted:

Just switched to Michael and he was in a car I had saved in his garage. Took it home and there's an exact copy of what I'm driving already sitting there. Oh, you, garage.

This is why people lose cars from their garage. It's you. You're stealing them. :(

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
One of the first things I did as Franklin was park his Buffalo in the garage because the game told me to. The next time I checked, another had spawned in and was sitting on top of it. I had to destroy them both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

The first time I spawned in MP a copy of my car fell out of the air and killed me. Then, right after, a copy of my dude got out of the car and walked away. It was brilliant, I ain't even mad.

• Locked thread