Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Thanks a lot for all the info.

Question though: once this stuff is installed is it going to be a pain to install any patches that come out for the game (if they ever do), etc? Any problems with changed files being misidentified as hacks or anything on public servers?

If an update happens, most of the stuff will just be overwritten if the stuff they replace has been modified in anyway. Otherwise things are cool, most of the mods mentioned are client side only.

Chances are NW won't be ever be updating again anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Alright, so I tried searching to no avail and I'm beginning to feel real goddamn dumb, but how do you set the number of ragdolls to unlimited?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Launch the game > Options > Video Options tab > Scroll down, there are drop-down menus for number of corpses and number of ragdolls.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I had ragdolls and corpses mixed up. Turns out I had ragdolls on unlimited the whole time. I'm a dumbass.

EDIT: Having screwed around as a pubbie, I don't think we need a target practice map. The bot-siege server works just fine I think.

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 4, 2013

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I got us a Bella Civili Event people!

Happens at 6PM EST, two hours before our line battle for N&S.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
There are so many drummers and flag waivers on the servers!

Is this all role playing or is there a benefit from it

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Drunk & Ugly posted:

There are so many drummers and flag waivers on the servers!

Is this all role playing or is there a benefit from it

They provide buffs to players who are nearby them, as long as it is enabled by the server. Reload faster, move faster, shoot more accurately; the default level doesn't make it ridiculous but it gives them a purpose beyond looking fabulous.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

For the record, the majority of servers and events don't have buffs enabled. The SA Sunday line battle is the only event I know that has them on.

That said, if you're playing a siege on attackers and your team seems a little hesitant to actually march through that breach then picking up a flag and running through usually spurs them to action.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
If were going to use the clown banner for balboa civiii we should use the [juggalo] clan tag. Or [jugette]

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We really don't need anymore new clan tags. SPRG is fine for all Ancient era themed mods.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
We could always use [BOYS] as our tag.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

We could always use [BOYS] as our tag.

Are you an xbl goon? We used to rock that for the cods. YEAH I SAID IT CODS.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

No, we're just going to stick with S*P*R*G. I registered us with that name already. Make a clone of your RaW profile people and pick the Chia Clown for the banner.

Also, If the RaW event tonight is sparsely populated we may pull out. We'll see on that one.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In around forty minutes we got a Rome At War event. Start gathering into the Mumble channel goons. While we wait, set up your BC characters for tonight too.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

20 minutes to the RaW event. Get up in the Mumble channel.

Powerstone
May 30, 2010

What the fuck is this?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/powerstone

Need a invite to the group.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Invited. Still waiting for your STEAM ID too Drunk & Ugly.

We got the Bello Civili event happening in around forty minutes goons. Come and get some more Roman era sword action with us. Make sure you have it downloaded or if you downloaded it a few weeks ago patch it up and pick the Chia clown as your banner.

We're still [S*P*R*G] too.

We also have our North And South event in a few hours time too.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

30 Minutes to the Bello Civili event. Get it right here

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Here are the rules for the event too:

quote:

1) Pila throwing should be in formation at all times.

2) Legions must act as a group and be in a relative formation.

3) Must join a friendly legion if you are less than 3 people.

4) No ramboing.

5) No trolling.

6) Respect everyone on the server.

7) Do not delay.

8 Listen to admins at all times.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Bello Civilli is over! But now we have North and South in 30 minutes! Hosted by our very own Nurdbot! Shoot/be a racist!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
whats the current version # for north and south?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It hasn't updated since May. If you played it after May, you don't need to update. If you want to be sure just download it from the dropbox.

I don't mind you people asking me, but try and do it in the thread or on STEAM before the line battle so you can play :).

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Rome at War event in 35 mins plebs!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Uh about that RaW Event tonight people:

quote:

1stEPI Jorvasker™: Battle is cancelled today due to 4 of our clans can make it today :/
Nurdbot: Awww.

Well this sucks. We still have the NW American line battle tonight I am over seeing. Goons, you got Rifles tonight so try not to get trampled by cav.

Also, we really really need some new Officers. Volunteer if you want to give it a go, be patient with draGoons because when we actually work together and make an effort instead of messing about we really do kick rear end. So give it a try, nobody is going to be 'mad' at you for messing up. We've all been there and gave it a go.

Also, I got us a new Monday EU line battle for Napoleonic Wars. It is starting tomorrow at the usual time.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Leading us into an early death means Pants gets more time to regale us with Yahoo Answers and goons.txt, so it's hard to mess up being officer.

Does anyone want to try out the Wednesday EU BC event? I think it's safe to assume the RaW one is dead.

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 6, 2013

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Alright we've got our line battle for NW in twenty minutes. You goons are Rifles tonight and you have pubbie light infantry support. So get in the Mumble and get in the server ASAP as it is going to fill up fast.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Where the gently caress the goons at?

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

Deofuta posted:

the default level doesn't make it ridiculous but it gives them a purpose beyond looking fabulous.

Officer Cecil_Featherbottom reporting in, chaps! You can find me any day filling as many holes as I'm allowed, or urging the men on to hold tight as possible as we're breached. Many a man's fluids have been sprayed upon me in the midst of battle-- it would turn any other man away, but there's still a ruckus in this old soldier. I've penetrated more men than can be counted; some times eye to eye, but I'm known to leave my dignity in the gun powder and put all of my strength into one big thrust from the rear when it is needed. And needed it is! This is war, after all! Why look at the blood upon my spear.

No man can be counted on more to rally at the ol' pole than Featherbottom, sir.

A leader, a hole patcher, a massager as well as messenger. The every man who loves every soldier: Cecil_Featherbottom

edit:wait are you guys only playing Rome?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We've got almost a weeks worth events, NW is the most common. Give me your STEAM ID and I'll invite you to the group.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Officer Cecil_Featherbottom reporting in, chaps! You can find me any day filling as many holes as I'm allowed, or urging the men on to hold tight as possible as we're breached. Many a man's fluids have been sprayed upon me in the midst of battle-- it would turn any other man away, but there's still a ruckus in this old soldier. I've penetrated more men than can be counted; some times eye to eye, but I'm known to leave my dignity in the gun powder and put all of my strength into one big thrust from the rear when it is needed. And needed it is! This is war, after all! Why look at the blood upon my spear.

A leader, a hole patcher, a massager as well as messenger. The every man who loves every soldier: Cecil_Featherbottom

edit:wait are you guys only playing Rome?

The most common command you will receive is one that has been spoken once but will resonate for the rest of time:

"Spread your asses out and prepare to receive cannonball." - Maguro

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

We got one half of an hour until our NEW! Monday EU line battle.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Get in the Mumble for some 19th Century funtimes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The new EU line battle I got us tonight is starting in ten minutes, If you want to play come and play!

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

Just sent you a friend request as of 19:28 uk time

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Good event, much better than the 15th cav 'erry day event we previously had and a proper map is always refreshing instead of random flat deserts, even if it does mean a lot more running about.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Just sent you a friend request as of 19:28 uk time

Invited you to the group, make sure you got the following profiles set up with the following banners:

SAdraGoons_(username)= Red Cockerel Banner with the yellow background.
[S*P*R*G](username)= Red background with the white dog in it.

Check the group schedule to see the regular events we've got going now too.

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
Oh and for Bello Civilii it's [S*P*R*G]username = strange flowerpot clown chia pet thing on the last page of banners. You'll know it when you see it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In 30 minutes we've got our weekly EU siege event for Napoleonic Wars. Start getting into the Mumble channel now or soon if you want to take part people :).

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

10 minutes 'till the siege event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

Drunk & Ugly posted:

You can rally me into an open hole any day.

• Locked thread