Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Longbaugh01 posted:

If this is on 360 and there's room, invite me.
PS3 :( There are a couple 1009 peeps in here, though. This is loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Carbohydrates posted:

That's chartreuse my friend, and that car is delicious.

edit: All my cars are bright, happy colors, mostly citrus tones, to counter all the 'black with (color) stripe' people.

Every car I own is orange. Mostly because orange is my favorite color, also because cars look badass in orange.

Lanth
Jun 15, 2007
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry for ignoring all the job requests last evening, had people over who wanted to try out gtao and i didnt want to gently caress up the missions.

And SplitSoul, I am usually a better driver than that, honest! :rice:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Good god, I'm gonna have like 100k easily by the time I go to bed :laffo:

I just hit level 13, too!

I'm so glad I ended up in this team :allears:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Coldforge posted:

Whichever goon is Digitalprophet on PS3, you need to start accepting jobs from AgentCow.

Thanks for the coke runs, had no idea about that mission

I'm Windsurferash2

I pretty much join any mission that has a name I don't recognize and violent duct, but after coke, screw violent duct.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ended up with close to 200k after doing Violent Duct over and over again. Bought the SMG and all its attachments, and the $130k apartment with 6 car garage :cool:

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

subroc posted:

And there's a new comment on the FAQ question. http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200435267-Loss-of-characters-rank-items-apartments-and-or-in-game-money-in-GTA-Online

I wonder if it's OK for me to create a new character on the 2nd character slot while they work out the issues on my main guy.

I think your first character is gone, if you can access other cloud stuff like BAWSAQ and snapmatic and they don't appear. I'm in the same situation and tried a slot 2 character, which appears to be saving properly (so far). Surely if the cloud can retrieve my second character and BAWSAQ and snapmatic then it should be able to get my first guy if he still exists.

Mind you I don't know much about this cloud business, is a reason one thing on the cloud might load and another might not?

Edit- and this guy vanished even though I hadn't attempted to make a new character and hadn't hit retry at that screen (didn't even encounter the screen on that character).

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Mister Macys posted:

You've already got a three star wanted rating just from the robbery, what's another dead man? :geno:

Because it's only two stars if you don't kill him... One if you wore a mask during the robbery and remove it when the cops lose sight of you.

Gentwise posted:

People keep talking about how you can yell in the mic to speed up robberies, but it seems like you can also fire a few warning shots over the clerk's head to speed it up. I like to play target practice with the bottles behind them.

It's also useful to not advertise the fact you're vulnerable in a store to everyone around you.
If you're worried about that, just do one quick blow into your mic when the clerk slows down.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Tobaccrow posted:

Because it's only two stars if you don't kill him... One if you wore a mask during the robbery and remove it when the cops lose sight of you.

If you're worried about that, just do one quick blow into your mic when the clerk slows down.

That reminds me, anyone know what causes the bug where you lose your hair when you remove a mask? Is it to do with the hairstyle, or the mask, or both? Encountered it with my long-haired male character and one of the skull masks.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Seriously my weapons and ammo keep disappearing when I die what is the logic here

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Tobaccrow posted:

You don't say... I could've sworn I was already at three stars.

Oh well, gently caress 'em.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tobaccrow posted:

Where do you buy masks? I saw someone on my team in team deathmatch earlier wearing a gorilla mask, but I don't remember seeing them at any clothing stores. Weren't they at some store on the beachfront in single player?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Where do you buy masks? I saw someone on my team in team deathmatch earlier wearing a gorilla mask, but I don't remember seeing them at any clothing stores. Weren't they at some store on the beachfront in single player?

You buy masks at the mask shop (look on your map).

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Mister Macys posted:

You don't say... I could've sworn I was already at three stars.

Oh well, gently caress 'em.

If you rob stores in succession you get progressively more stars for doing so. You have to rob 3-4 stores for an immediate 3-star response.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

marktheando posted:

Mind you I don't know much about this cloud business, is a reason one thing on the cloud might load and another might not?

They've separated too many services onto too many different servers.

Seriously cheesetriangles did you lose another character? I'll be your grinding buddy for races and survival and a little ducts, hit me up whenever I'm on

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Ehhhngh

This game could really use an optional spawn placement... thing. Getting out of the wilderness if you don't have a vehicle anywhere nearby is a huge pain in the rear end. Plus I just blew through 20k getting into a small feud with a pair of redeneck kids in the valley around the military base. :negative:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

OnimaruXLR posted:

Ehhhngh

This game could really use an optional spawn placement... thing. Getting out of the wilderness if you don't have a vehicle anywhere nearby is a huge pain in the rear end. Plus I just blew through 20k getting into a small feud with a pair of redeneck kids in the valley around the military base. :negative:

Go to the map, hover over a mission in the area you want to go, hit Square/X, go into the mission, drop out.

Free teleportation anywhere on the map.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Smelly posted:

So the texting feature is fantastic.

I had some pubbie on a roof with a sniper rifle pinning me down. I decided to send him a text. I watched him lower his gun and pull out his phone so I popped out and shot him to hell and back.

He then proceeded to chase me for the rest of my time in that server. Poor guy was a terrible shot though.

I've sent messages over live to get the jump on people before, but watching them pull out their phone makes it so much easier.

I know this is from a few pages ago but how are you seeing people pull out their phones? From what I've seen players only ever physically pull out their phones when taking a photo.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I got invited to a mission, then it said "network error" and dropped me off at the thing along with the person who started the mission, who immediately shotgunned me before I realized what was going on. Was this his plan, I wonder?

edit: also I still want to confirm that there's no way to "sneak" when in an automobile. It would be nice if driving slowly and obeying the law made that possible, but I don't think so.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Oct 8, 2013

Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

gay for johnny deLOL BAT COUNTRY

AgentCow, whoever you are, your griefing of pubbies with the attack chopper it's a beautiful thing.

Also just stole a maverick and landed it on top of a stunt plane some guy had parked downtown. He exploded, I didn't.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I feel like a real hero (and a real human bean) after sucking it up in waves 8 & 9 of my 1st survival, but then on 10 when all 3 teammates bit it at the start I pulled off the win mostly using the combat pistol. Whew.

Tobaccrow posted:

Actually, even if you don't wear a mask, anytime you lose the cops you can change any accessory to drop a star. The masks are mainly for making sure a store clerk doesn't recognize you on a return visit.

OnimaruXLR posted:

Ehhhngh

You can set where you spawn in online options: Property (you own), Hotel, or Last Location. If you ever get caught in the sticks without car delivery, just back out to story and make a new session. Maybe joining a new session works too, but I'm not for sure.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

MrLonghair posted:

They've separated too many services onto too many different servers.

So my dude could still be alive in cloud limbo somewhere? Maybe I'll hold off on making a new slot 1 character.

MrLonghair posted:

Seriously cheesetriangles did you lose another character? I'll be your grinding buddy for races and survival and a little ducts, hit me up whenever I'm on

I don't understand why anyone is grinding anything right now when your character could disappear at any moment!

Hamare
Jul 21, 2010

beanieson posted:

Good times with the 1009. Sgtwheelman & another goon (hector something?) were fleeing from some random hostile up on the north east coast highway. It was the coolest thing following the chase from above (playing news copter) as I watched them throw sticky bombs at the guy. Eventually I met up with them in the northwest town & we killed the guy a bunch for spamming us with text messages.

That was me, hakim. That hostile was following me because a NPC put a bounty on my head. It was real fun messing with him, and having a helo hovering overhead made it epic!

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Kameleon posted:

Right as I just got kicked out of a race by pubbies who were slightly annoyed that I PIT maneuvered them all on the first lap! Now I can't get back in, character probably gone again :(
Yeah, why would racers get angry with someone running a demolition derby when they're supposed to be, ya know - racing? They must be like weirdos or some poo poo.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
I haven't raced with a single pubbie who hasn't tried to ram me off the road. Offensive driving is the only way.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Yeah, why would racers get angry with someone running a demolition derby when they're supposed to be, ya know - racing? They must be like weirdos or some poo poo.

Someone driving aggressively, having no regard for the rules of the road? Not in my Grand Theft Auto.

Secret Agent Cow
Dec 29, 2010

:dukedog:

Kameleon posted:

AgentCow, whoever you are, your griefing of pubbies with the attack chopper it's a beautiful thing.

Also just stole a maverick and landed it on top of a stunt plane some guy had parked downtown. He exploded, I didn't.

I am not sure about attack chopper, but I was in a tank. I just got labeled a bad sport by killing a guy repeatedly trying to sticky bomb my tank in his car. It was coldforge in the choppper most likely.

Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

gay for johnny deLOL BAT COUNTRY

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Queensberry rules old chap!

Also, joustcopters is the best game. Not quite as funny as the guy who told me he was gonna let me drive and then I reversed straight into a pool, but close.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Is there a way to make a shitlist on psn? I don't mean adding friends i mean a blacklist of people to kill on sight

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Kameleon posted:

Also, joustcopters is the best game.
you bested me at my own game!

And also I learned from picking up Coldforge but if you use a cargobob to drop someones car in the ocean, you're not a bad sport!

Prokhor fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Oct 8, 2013

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
So I'm now level 13 and trying to farm something to give me money and XP. I know Violent Duct is a good mission, but I can't access it yet. What are some kinda-good ones in the meantime? I'm currently doing Death Metal and it's giving $3k a pop, which is not bad, but is there anything better?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Obsurveyor posted:

Start solo sessions over and over until you get a vehicle pattern with them. I've grabbed them from traffic but once the pattern is set in a session, it doesn't seem to change until you do the Simeon text message mission to deliver a car and it resets.

I've been doing this for a while but I can never even seem to get motorcycles to spawn let alone the Nemesis I'm looking for. Is there a general area on the map where they tend to spawn?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

marktheando posted:

That reminds me, anyone know what causes the bug where you lose your hair when you remove a mask? Is it to do with the hairstyle, or the mask, or both? Encountered it with my long-haired male character and one of the skull masks.

I got it with the skull mask too, so I think it just happens with any of the full head ones.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

OnimaruXLR posted:

Ehhhngh

Join a random mission and back out unless you care about the session you're in. It will take you to wherever the mission is.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

DarcArc posted:

So I'm now level 13 and trying to farm something to give me money and XP. I know Violent Duct is a good mission, but I can't access it yet. What are some kinda-good ones in the meantime? I'm currently doing Death Metal and it's giving $3k a pop, which is not bad, but is there anything better?

If someone who can access VD sends you an invite you can play it!

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

marktheando posted:

I don't understand why anyone is grinding anything right now when your character could disappear at any moment!

Same here. I lost a level 5 or something character on day 1, made a new one on day 2 which lasted me til this sunday and started getting all the toys you need to mess with people in free roam (sticky bombs, sniper rifle etc) then the fucker disappeared.

Im not playing again until my character comes back or at the very least until people stop reporting freshly deleted characters.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Do the pedal bikes spawn anywhere in the open world, or do we have to buy them?

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

Rirse posted:

Had a odd bug after exiting the clothing store where the game spawned a second personal vehicle in the middle of the street. Also since I hit rank 8, I was able to redesign my character's look, which I am quite happy with how she looking now.

Had a lot of fun with fellow 1000 - 1008 goons just tormenting random pubbies with a helicopter for a few hours today.

Any idea on how often the game lets you do that? I don't think I'm rank 8 yet and the game asked me if I wanted to redesign my character once. But it also said it was the only time. Would've been nice to periodically revamp the appearance of the character. I am happy with how he looks but still.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Psion posted:

Just got a mission from Martin at level 40 that completely owned, it involved high speed chases, a significant gunfight, blowing up things at the airport, and armed Buzzards. Oh yeah.

Yeah, the Los Santos Connection. Very fun. Did it with two total, though, which was a bit of a challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.
Hearing all the problems with GTA:O makes me glad I'm leisurly playing the singleplayer and only just hit 50% of the story missions. Although I did create a character and briefly played online (of course it initially tested my patience during the "Launching Session" poo poo before the Lamar race).

I still don't "get" most of it, but it was fun dicking around with a couple goons in a party lobby, or whatever the hell that was.
Speaking of, are there two playmodes? Free-roam and "mission lobby" or something?

• Locked thread