Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I don't know, I think she's pulling it off pretty well.

And I sure as gently caress wouldn't listen to that female host; her lipstick shade is atrocious. She'd look okay in coral, but pink makes her look colorblind. Also, her outfit is super boring. Everyone looks good in a generic dark-colored dress.

Pick has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Oct 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Eh, the host has been styled by a wardrobe and makeup department, can't really blame any bad makeup choices on her personally. As for Megumi, she is pulling it off OK, but she's really on the edge - a few mores wrinkles, a little more sag in her face and it'll just look kinda sad, like desperately clinging to the time she was a vivacious 20-year-old against all odds and reality. She is really pretty, it would be a shame for that to be lost in the awkwardness of her dressing so clearly anachronistically.

StrangersInTheNight has a new favorite as of 04:49 on Oct 12, 2013

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

PaganGoatPants posted:

Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

Yeah she's not a slob, but still way out there crazy.

She's also easily in her mid fourties to fifty. Anyone who claims she is 39 usually has fire pants. Just ask my mom who for the longest time was only ten years older than me.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Pick posted:

And I sure as gently caress wouldn't listen to that female host; her lipstick shade is atrocious. She'd look okay in coral, but pink makes her look colorblind. Also, her outfit is super boring. Everyone looks good in a generic dark-colored dress.

THANK YOU. That pink is so blue it looks practically lilac. It might be partially the lighting but that mouth makes her look like her liver is failing.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

LingcodKilla posted:

She's also easily in her mid fourties to fifty. Anyone who claims she is 39 usually has fire pants. Just ask my mom who for the longest time was only ten years older than me.

She definitely looks like she's at least in her 40s when they take off her makeup.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Brought to you by bronymate.com:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

She definitely looks like she's at least in her 40s when they take off her makeup.

Everyone looks older without their makeup, especially on camera.

I don't know, I think shows like that should be for people who want to learn how to fit in but were never taught, not for shaming people for dressing abnormally. She's not harming anybody, and honestly I think she's making it work for now. If it doesn't work tomorrow, change it tomorrow.

BarbarousBertha posted:

THANK YOU. That pink is so blue it looks practically lilac. It might be partially the lighting but that mouth makes her look like her liver is failing.

Oh my god, seriously. And she really needs a warmer hue there to pop. I don't know how she got that kind of pink outside Lip Smackers anyway. Horrible.

Pick has a new favorite as of 05:56 on Oct 12, 2013

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Both women in that are good looking and dressed just fine. Dammit goons.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
I actually really like WNTW but in that little promo video Stacy's lip color makes her teeth look very yellow. That may just be flourescent lighting or whatever but that's why I personally stick with a few shades I know don't clash like that. I appreciate her experimental nature and I love that she embraces her grey streak. I think they offer flattering fashion advice that's well tailored to the show's current guest/project.

But yeah, quit being ridiculously goony guys. Stacy is a stylist, pretty sure it's not all selected for her.

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program
Well, there is also her youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-nP_CICcv4

(http://www.youtube.com/user/hellomegumi/videos)

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

"I'm not FAT, I'm living the PLUMP PINUP LIFE!"

Does anyone else but me picture Cartman from the early episodes of South Park saying this?

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Megumi seems 100% crazy and her outfits are weird/stupid but I couldn't get over the extreme smugness of that male host. That was way more awkward to me, it actually made me cringe. It was like high school bullying or something. :psyduck:

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Suzuki Method posted:

Megumi seems 100% crazy and her outfits are weird/stupid but I couldn't get over the extreme smugness of that male host. That was way more awkward to me, it actually made me cringe. It was like high school bullying or something. :psyduck:

Plus he is one fedora away from being featured in this thread. He has the beginning of a neckbeard for fucks sake, how is he qualified to give out life advice on a TV ... wait never, I just answered my own question.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Nostrum posted:

Plus he is one fedora away from being featured in this thread. He has the beginning of a neckbeard for fucks sake, how is he qualified to give out life advice on a TV ... wait never, I just answered my own question.

....you're kidding, right?

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Nostrum posted:

Haha what. He looks just fine.

That's gotta be a joke post. Nevermind.

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

Preem Palver posted:

They were talking about the guide to raping women written by someone in a Georgia Tech frat, not the sorority letter incident.

Wait what am I missing? I didn't see anything about rape in that guide about hitting on women at parties.

Metal Gear
Dec 10, 2006

This is SomethingAwful.com

pageerror404 posted:

Wait what am I missing? I didn't see anything about rape in that guide about hitting on women at parties.

The title of the guide was "Luring Your Rapebait."

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

Metal Gear posted:

The title of the guide was "Luring Your Rapebait."

He said it was an inside joke about one of the pledges.

I could write an article about making chocolate chip cookies and call it "how to kill hobos" and it doesn't make it a guide on hobo killing.

HighClassSwankyTime
Jan 16, 2004

What the hell did I just see the last couple of pages??

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

pageerror404 posted:

He said it was an inside joke about one of the pledges.

I could write an article about making chocolate chip cookies and call it "how to kill hobos" and it doesn't make it a guide on hobo killing.

How to kill hobos...with kindness. :unsmith:

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Yeah suggestions to continuously pump alcohol into girls at a party while you grind on them isn't implying anything at all.

Also that wording. It's so scummy. "how to escalate" "the 11 Es of being a douchey PUA-lite"

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I am OK posted:

Both women in that are good looking and dressed just fine. Dammit goons.

A 39 year old woman wearing a child's jacket with cartoon print on it is not dressed fine. Also her creepy twee anime mannerisms were awkward with or without the clothing.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

"I'm not FAT, I'm living the PLUMP PINUP LIFE!"

Time to put down the dinglehopper.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

bringmyfishback posted:

Time to put down the dinglehopper.

Ahaha holy poo poo.

Possibly :nws: for nude, but nothing showing, furry person. http://i.imgur.com/Bx0soeh.jpg

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

HighClassSwankyTime posted:

What the hell did I just see the last couple of pages??

A 40 year old woman talks, dresses and acts like an obnoxious, creepy animatronic child version of herself...so goons are naturally apoplectic about the hosts lipstick shade as she tries to tell her to act like an adult.

Happy_Misanthrope has a new favorite as of 13:43 on Oct 12, 2013

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

A 40 year old woman talks, dresses and acts like an obnoxious, creepy animatronic child version of herself...so goons are naturally apoplectic about the hosts lipstick shade as she tries to tell her to act like an adult.

Spoilers: She's a desperate actress trying desperately to get visibility.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pick posted:

I don't know, I think she's pulling it off pretty well.

What I'm finding really awkward is American reality tv in general.
Yes, it's all scripted-ish crap no matter the country of origin, but the USA branded versions of these shows always seem to turn the over produced cheese up to 11.

The UK original is insipid trash, but I'd suffer it in and endless loop, until the planet is swallowed by the sun, than sit through a complete 90 second preview of the US transfer.

Please don't tell me the average viewer is on board with this being the bar for broadcast entertainment?

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

mr. mephistopheles posted:

A 39 year old woman wearing a child's jacket with cartoon print on it is not dressed fine. Also her creepy twee anime mannerisms were awkward with or without the clothing.

PIPE down, bro!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

But yeah, quit being ridiculously goony guys. Stacy is a stylist, pretty sure it's not all selected for her.

Often, networks or show runners can be pretty picky about the look they want to put forward, so her being a stylist doesn't necessarily mean they'd let her style herself all the time. That said, even if they did, she's a wardrobe stylist, not Hair & Makeup; slightly different disciplines (at least in television terms). No matter how good she is at doing her daily face-on to go with her outfits, you need a professional who knows how to do makeup for cameras, they would be absolutely nuts to let her do her own makeup.

MOVING ON: If we're gonna talk weirdo Japanese stuff, someone posted this guy's videos ages ago for their weirdness and every now and again I check back to see what this odd little Japanese man is doing. His Halloween video is the loving weirdest and super-awkward:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_8BPMUrx28

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

PuntCuncher posted:

What I'm finding really awkward is American reality tv in general.
Yes, it's all scripted-ish crap no matter the country of origin, but the USA branded versions of these shows always seem to turn the over produced cheese up to 11.

The UK original is insipid trash, but I'd suffer it in and endless loop, until the planet is swallowed by the sun, than sit through a complete 90 second preview of the US transfer.

Please don't tell me the average viewer is on board with this being the bar for broadcast entertainment?
Apparently, as they're all like that. UK vs US Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares is one of the most egregious examples. Same concept, but usual US ridiculous over production results in a completely different show.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

pageerror404 posted:

This is totally how you should treat women, bro:

"1. Encounter (spot a girl or group of girls) 2. Engage (go up and talk to them) 3. Escalate (ask them to dance, or ask them to go up to your room or find a couch, depending on what kind of party) 4. Erection (GET HARD) 5. Excavate (should be self-explanatory) 6. Ejaculate (should also be self explanatory) 7. Expunge (send them out of your room and on their way out when you are finished. IF ANYTHING EVER FAILS, GO GET MORE ALCOHOL. I want to see everyone succeed at the next couple parties. "

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Ariel, BOLD

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009
What not to Wear is a decent show; the problem with that particular participant is that she's obviously fine with her style aesthetic. I mean yeah, she's honestly too old for it, but it's not anything more egregious than a trashy Forever 21 outfit. The best contestants are the ones who don't really know how to style themselves and are obviously unhappy with their image. They get the most benefit from it, because they're actually willing to go along with the process and enjoy finding out how to express themsevles through clothes. Plus, a lot of times, dressing sloppily or inappropriately is holding them back in their professional careers, so they want to learn how to put together a sleek, classic professional outfit. This lady clearly has no need or desire to dress that way so I don't know why they even bothered (she's good TV, that's why).

How Do I Look? is way more awkward, because those contestants are all really defensive and unpleasant about the process. That makes me cringe.

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

Inevitable posted:

This is totally how you should treat women, bro:

"1. Encounter (spot a girl or group of girls) 2. Engage (go up and talk to them) 3. Escalate (ask them to dance, or ask them to go up to your room or find a couch, depending on what kind of party) 4. Erection (GET HARD) 5. Excavate (should be self-explanatory) 6. Ejaculate (should also be self explanatory) 7. Expunge (send them out of your room and on their way out when you are finished. IF ANYTHING EVER FAILS, GO GET MORE ALCOHOL. I want to see everyone succeed at the next couple parties. "

I also remember reading that he said not to rape anyone and if they don't want to drink then dance with them.

Douchebag frat boy and rapist are not interchangeable terms.

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!

pageerror404 posted:

I also remember reading that he said not to rape anyone and if they don't want to drink then dance with them.

Douchebag frat boy and rapist are not interchangeable terms.

That list is kinda missing a few steps between "dancing!" and "get an erection!"

BuckT.Trend
Apr 22, 2003

My god, it's full of stars!

Her body is shaped more like Ursula than Ariel.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BuckT.Trend posted:

Her body is shaped more like Ursula than Ariel.

Well, whoever took that picture was a poor unfortunate soul.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

hseroK divaD posted:

That list is kinda missing a few steps between "dancing!" and "get an erection!"

You've clearly never had a penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Can someone post screenshots or something of the What Not to Wear ladies you all are talking about? Can't view the clip where I am.

• Locked thread