Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Trevor smells goddamn awful 24/7, so if he stands upwind of any Deer they'll smell him from miles away. The texting gimmick is to tell Cletus "here is my kill, come collect it".

Oh yeah, I get why they're there and everything, it's just that they might seem a little clunky and stopping the flow. I do like how the wind direction idea encourages you to be a little more strategic however.

On the topic of the rampages, I think someone mentioned a while ago that some throwaway text on Bleeter or LifeInvader talks about seeing a crazed man pretending to kill non-existent people or something, anything to that? That sort of thing would feed the theory I've seen floating around the Internet regarding (post-game stranger mission spoilers) Trevor's mother and how he could possibly be hallucinating her being there. It's pretty neat that, for all of the divides people have expressed about the character, we're still asking these questions.

The set-up to the army rampage is the best. I have a feeling the developers might enjoy that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Trevor's mother and how he could possibly be hallucinating her being there.

I could've sworn that Ron mentions she's waiting for him in his trailer

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Oh yeah, I get why they're there and everything, it's just that they might seem a little clunky and stopping the flow. I do like how the wind direction idea encourages you to be a little more strategic however.

On the topic of the rampages, I think someone mentioned a while ago that some throwaway text on Bleeter or LifeInvader talks about seeing a crazed man pretending to kill non-existent people or something, anything to that? That sort of thing would feed the theory I've seen floating around the Internet regarding (post-game stranger mission spoilers) Trevor's mother and how he could possibly be hallucinating her being there. It's pretty neat that, for all of the divides people have expressed about the character, we're still asking these questions.

The set-up to the army rampage is the best. I have a feeling the developers might enjoy that one.

Much earlier in the thread someone posted a Fight Club theory where Trevor and Franklin are figments of Michael's imagination.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'm at the end game, but Franklin has one mission left that I can't find. I mean to say he has a 1 when I switch to him, but nothing on the map...help?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Elendil004 posted:

I'm at the end game, but Franklin has one mission left that I can't find. I mean to say he has a 1 when I switch to him, but nothing on the map...help?

Call Tonya? She has several towing jobs after the last time you saw her on the street. The final one will have her waiting in the same spot again.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Nope, they're one hundred percent real. After they're over all the destroyed cars are still around and you can see the remnants of whoever you didn't kill fleeing.

Actually if you check lifeinvader after you complete a rampage there will be posts about some dude shooting invisible people.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

It looked like PIS was leveling out, but it went up another 6 bucks last night to 58. I keep thinking this PIS bubble is about to burst but it just keeps going up, Up, UP! Badger and Zit are both at all time lows right now too...

Bah! Playing video game stock markets is stressful :shepface:

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
Oh man this is an awesome video from the NYC Comic Con featuring the main 3 actors answering some interesting questions. It's so strange how similar Michael & Franklin are to their characters. Not in the murdery type of way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUL4L8WPRYs

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

Actually if you check lifeinvader after you complete a rampage there will be posts about some dude shooting invisible people.

See that's weird because with the Barry S&Fs Michael killing all the aliens ends in him just talking to the guy afterwards, but Trevor's clowns leave people corpses lying around after the hallucination is over. so I'd have thought the rampages were real. Guess not!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I could've sworn that Ron mentions she's waiting for him in his trailer

I think he’s referring to the modded Nagasaki Blazer that shows up at the same time.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
What ever comes of that anyway? I went and got the dilaudid truck immediately and when I came back She was gone and Trevor cried his eyes out. Is that it?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

TehGherkin posted:

What ever comes of that anyway? I went and got the dilaudid truck immediately and when I came back She was gone and Trevor cried his eyes out. Is that it?

Yep.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Is there a way to pull up that psych eval again without re-beating the game? I literally fell asleep during the hour of credits and woke up to, "Please reconnect controller!" I did, hit A to brighten the screen up, and apparently skipped that thing. :(

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is there a way to pull up that psych eval again without re-beating the game? I literally fell asleep during the hour of credits and woke up to, "Please reconnect controller!" I did, hit A to brighten the screen up, and apparently skipped that thing. :(

It says you can pull it up on the social club website, I believe.

e: Yeah, from the missions section. "Seems to like yoga? Yoga? Are you kidding me?"

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 13, 2013

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Assuming you've got everything connected it'll be here: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/missions/psychiatric-report

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Thank you gentlemen.

e: Uh... What does it mean? I'm not sure how I got some of these things.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 13, 2013

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was doing the paparazzi missions for Beverly, and I was chasing the starlet. I don't know if its scripted, but one of the cop cars chasing her slammed into an oncomming car and they both spun off down the cliff.

Saints Row has really spoiled me with its collectable finders. The effort to go around and collect all the ufo and letter pieces does not feel like effort I want to put into the game, even with an reference map. Speaking of that, in the FIB program about the gangs, the screens showing the gangs and their gang colours are super SR looking.

Okay, so all the money making guides I have found just talk about assassinations, but I have nowhere near enough money at this time to make that worthwhile. I can make money on the stock market, but the return is pretty low, at least when comparing to the cost of the properties. Maybe it was dumb spending the money from the first job on lots of clothes and weapon upgrades?

I do have one complaint about the game the torture mission. Did they feel the need to actually have us torture the guy? Couldn't they have just cut to Mike and slowly fed info to him, and not have us shock or waterboard the guy? I was honestly disturbed by that. Maybe Rockstar was trying to show how brutal these methods are, but forcing you to do it, just left me with a bad feeling. GTA games are about playing someone who is an unrepentant psychopath, but that really took the cake.

So many of the times I've switched to Michael, he's wearing flip flops, at least once he was wearing them with a suit.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

I do have one complaint about the game the torture mission. Did they feel the need to actually have us torture the guy? Couldn't they have just cut to Mike and slowly fed info to him, and not have us shock or waterboard the guy? I was honestly disturbed by that. Maybe Rockstar was trying to show how brutal these methods are, but forcing you to do it, just left me with a bad feeling. GTA games are about playing someone who is an unrepentant psychopath, but that really took the cake.

The worst part? The guy is completely innocent and is making up the answers. I think you can shoot ANYONE at the party that matches the first part of his description.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Okay, so all the money making guides I have found just talk about assassinations, but I have nowhere near enough money at this time to make that worthwhile. I can make money on the stock market, but the return is pretty low, at least when comparing to the cost of the properties. Maybe it was dumb spending the money from the first job on lots of clothes and weapon upgrades?

So many of the times I've switched to Michael, he's wearing flip flops, at least once he was wearing them with a suit.

1. Forget about making serious amounts of money until the final job. You'll know it when you do it; even the characters refer to it as the final job.

2. The game is making a point. You are perfectly fine with killing some guy without any good reason (or even a clear description really). Property theft and wanton destruction aren't a problem. You are fine with killing dozens of gang members in giant shoot outs. You're okay with killing a shitload of cops for various reasons. But torturing a guy and letting him live is what bothers you. Never mind that you're literally playing as a murderously insane meth head with questionable ethics.

I'd say your disgust is exactly what Rockstar intended. Either you enjoy it (and believes killing for entertainment is harmless), or you're offended by it. What's really odd is the same kind of poo poo is shown on prime time television every single day, and yet the scene manages to be incredibly powerful.

e:

Mokinokaro posted:

The worst part? The guy is completely innocent and is making up the answers. I think you can shoot ANYONE at the party that matches the first part of his description.

Yeah this is the best part. I'm impressed by how many people are bothered by playing as violent criminals in a crime simulator....

satanic splash-back fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 13, 2013

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mokinokaro posted:

He is not making it up, he is having trouble remembering because he is being tortured. He says he would have told them everything if they had just asked. They were asking him questions he did not understand, and then torturing him as though it would help. The questions are so vague because Steve just assumes he is knowingly hiding info when he really is just ignorant.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

He is not making it up, he is having trouble remembering because he is being tortured. He says he would have told them everything if they had just asked. They were asking him questions he did not understand, and then torturing him as though it would help. The questions are so vague because Steve just assumes he is knowingly hiding info when he really is just ignorant.

You're wrong. Replay the mission. You really can just shoot anyone with a beard and immediately complete it. You need to read the subtext of the scene.

e: I guess maybe I got lucky and picked the right guy when I tried that.

satanic splash-back fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 13, 2013

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Pickled Kittens posted:

You're wrong. Replay the mission. You really can just shoot anyone with a beard and immediately complete it. You need to read the subtext of the scene.

I shot a few different bearded people and got some kind of "you shot an innocent party guest" message and had to replay it. Are you really sure about this?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I shot the wrong bearded smoker and got a game over too.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Its always the same dude you have to shoot, doesn't matter when you shoot him.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
You have the shoot the "right" guy but can do it at any time, I think. I shot a middle-eastern guy with a beard who was smoking and failed the mission for being pre-emptive with it or the guy being innocent or something, but I'm pretty sure it was because the guy I shot was right handed since I hadn't heard the left-handed bit yet. Also I didn't notice anyone else who fit the description until I went through the full thing again and got that last detail, which didn't really help either.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 13, 2013

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

redz posted:

Oh man this is an awesome video from the NYC Comic Con featuring the main 3 actors answering some interesting questions. It's so strange how similar Michael & Franklin are to their characters. Not in the murdery type of way.

Wait a minute...Shawn Fonteno (VA for Franklin) and Young Maylay (VA for CJ from San Andreas) are cousins in real life? :stare:

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wait a minute...Shawn Fonteno (VA for Franklin) and Young Maylay (VA for CJ from San Andreas) are cousins in real life? :stare:

And they're working together on a new project of some sort.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You have to shoot a specific guy but the news reports imply that he wasn't actually dangerous. Most of the FIB missions have something that implies their full of poo poo come to think of it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

The Nozzle posted:

You have to shoot a specific guy but the news reports imply that he wasn't actually dangerous. Most of the FIB missions have something that implies their full of poo poo come to think of it.

Not only wasn't he dangerous, he was a millionaire or billionaire philanthropist. It's very obvious most of the FIB missions are you covering up Steve's dirty work for him.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I got my stripper girlfriend back to my home trailer. She was OK with Ron.

I got her in the trailer, but she didn't want to have sex in there :(

Eventually, though, we went to her place for the best two seconds of her life.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I never caught the leverage Steve had over Dave. Dave was obviously dirty in ways, but seemed reluctant to do everything Steve wanted.

I also was surprised you didn't hear about the nerve toxin again. From Dave's reaction at the end of the mission I assumed they were going to sell it for profit themselves.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

smallmouth posted:

I never caught the leverage Steve had over Dave. Dave was obviously dirty in ways, but seemed reluctant to do everything Steve wanted.

I also was surprised you didn't hear about the nerve toxin again. From Dave's reaction at the end of the mission I assumed they were going to sell it for profit themselves.

In either a radio thing or an online news report they say that you stole a new perfume.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It felt to me like Steve was better at playing office politics than Dave.

redz posted:

This is a fun and interesting video, thanks for linking. :)

"GO gently caress YOURSELF!"

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

muscles like this? posted:

In either a radio thing or an online news report they say that you stole a new perfume.

That sounded like an obvious cover story to me.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

redz posted:

This was so awesome until the nerds got in with their dumb questions :flame:

Also it's werid to me that Michael and Franklin's voice actors sound exactly like the characters, but Trevor's guy sounds nothing like Trevor? Like Ogg is just very calm. And like normal.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

This was so awesome until the nerds got in with their dumb questions :flame:

"This Hollywood actor has a role in a single video game. Quick, better get in line to ask him about his favorite video game characters!"

I was even sitting there thinking "Ned's gonna say Mario. He's gonna say the one video game character everybody on the planet knows and then dodge the question, because for gently caress's sake this thing was a job."

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Crappy Jack posted:

"This Hollywood actor has a role in a single video game. Quick, better get in line to ask him about his favorite video game characters!"

I was even sitting there thinking "Ned's gonna say Mario. He's gonna say the one video game character everybody on the planet knows and then dodge the question, because for gently caress's sake this thing was a job."

You know, I gave up watching it once I saw the 20yo nerds line up and heard the very first nasaly voice. But in my imagination, which is likely 100% true, I feel so loving sorry for these guys.

My mind can only imagine this horror. I know that, in reality, it is much, much worse.

"But what about Sephiroth? Do you think that Ashley is like Aerith? :qq: "

And yet the reality is so, so, so, so much worse. The word "so" can't be used enough.

I feel so sorry for these guys, they had no idea what they were getting themselves into. At least they have each other :smithicide:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

You know, I gave up watching it once I saw the 20yo nerds line up and heard the very first nasaly voice. But in my imagination, which is likely 100% true, I feel so loving sorry for these guys.

My mind can only imagine this horror. I know that, in reality, it is much, much worse.

"But what about Sephiroth? Do you think that Ashley is like Aerith? :qq: "

And yet the reality is so, so, so, so much worse. The word "so" can't be used enough.

I feel so sorry for these guys, they had no idea what they were getting themselves into. At least they have each other :smithicide:

I mean, it's not horrific. It's more just basic lacking in social cues, Ned and Steve are both out of the gate saying "I don't play video games". Ned even says he wasn't interested in doing a video game, and when they told him it was a Rockstar game, he had no idea who they were.

And yet despite all that, the second question is "What other video game characters would you like to voice?". Although I did appreciate Ogg's continued annoyance at the guy who kept calling them voice actors, on account of the fact that they spent three years in mocap getting their entire performances and likenesses into the game.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Just having a random issue and was wondering if anyone else was having it.

When I click on the internet on my phone, it instantly loads it and then backs out. I then can't access anything from my phone, it just makes the noise and doesn't load. It seemed to start happening after I finished the game.

Any help would be great as I was loving it all until this started happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Have you tried getting yourself killed? That seems to fix a lot of strange issues.

• Locked thread