Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
When I got my first Dominator, I put it in my garage and quit for the night. The next day when I went to take it to the modshop to get it insured, I got blown up by some rear end in a top hat in a jet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Broseph Brostar posted:

When I got my first Dominator, I put it in my garage and quit for the night. The next day when I went to take it to the modshop to get it insured, I got blown up by some rear end in a top hat in a jet.

and this is what Solo Sessions were made for

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
I can confirm that the New Game Car Glitch works. I just used it to make the money to buy a tank and a buzzard. Now I can just play GTA!

Hopefully I wont go to hell :ohdear:

marchosias
Feb 22, 2011

Boonbox posted:

Mad props to Idante13. after some verrrry glitchy shenanigans he/she managed to hold off waves 7 and 8 on survival unaided with some right skills. Made some mad stacks yo

Cheers. Always happy to help a fellow goon out. Seems like my mic wasn't working for some reason though - the only person who's was seemed to be whoever it was that was singing in a really high pitched voice.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
Every time I log into Office365.com I want to visit my shrink.

At least I have an idea where this is from now thanks to GTA V.

Intrepid00 fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 14, 2013

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

El Hefe posted:

The buzzard in online is the best thing ever, if you have the money it's definitely the best fun investment.
I desperately want to get the money saved up for one, but I'm 52 or 53 now and they've been spawning regularly since 45 iirc. Tonight I am going to buy a six pack of cheap Pisswasser-esque beer, youtube up the soundtrack to Top Gun, and terrorize pubbies while I cackle maniacally and shout at buildings which snuck up on me.

The trick to the buzzard (for me at least) is to go into FPS mode when you're not landing or around a lot of streetlights and buildings. If you don't hold the throttle constantly and just lean forward you can get a lot of velocity and get pretty low to the ground, while keeping a ton of control via the rudder controls.

Do strafing runs like that at about 50-100 feet off the ground and you can get a lot of kills, and for the smarter pubbies who love to backtrack on their trail to throw you off, you can turn really hard and quickly with a great degree of control by pulling hard on a rudder while you turn to on side. I an usually keep this up until I get too damaged from gunfire to risk it, or the pubby will hide in their apartment/logout, or I might just actually get lucky and kill them..! :haw:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The latest GTA myth buster video shows how you can board and fly a 747 :stare:

I know what I'm doing tonight.
In SP or online?

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 15, 2013

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

beanieson posted:

25-30 I believe. I'm 29 now and still see it.

30 is when you get Frogger.

Boonbox
Apr 9, 2009

marchosias posted:

Cheers. Always happy to help a fellow goon out. Seems like my mic wasn't working for some reason though - the only person who's was seemed to be whoever it was that was singing in a really high pitched voice.

Yes I put a bounty on both the other players heads because of that

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

In SP or online?

You can do it in single player, they just have to be taxiing for takeoff. They don't spawn normally.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

Party Plane Jones posted:

You can do it in single player, they just have to be taxiing for takeoff. They don't spawn normally.

Yeah they do, they spawn near to the ones that you can't get in. The ones that you can get in seem slightly bigger.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

Stiggs posted:

Yeah they do, they spawn near to the ones that you can't get in. The ones that you can get in seem slightly bigger.

At least the single player ones that I can't get in I can still blow up. :mad:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

I think the insurance system is bugged entirely. I've had several personal cars destroyed by other players that I've had to pay to replace.

My theory is that others’ insurance premiums are paid out‐of‐pocket. Since everyone deposits their money now and drives modded cars with high premiums, it’s rare for the other guy to have enough cash on hand to pay the premium, and the game doesn’t draw from their bank account to make up the difference.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Nah, I had to pay for destroying someone's car last night despite having no money on me. I think it's tied to however much the car costs to get replaced; if it's cheap enough, they pay in full but in some cases they only cover part of it. I dunno what the boundary is for "cheap enough" though.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Hello online thread, I am enjoying this game but would like to actually make money.
Could a kind XBOX goon carry me along on their coattails to greed?
GT: R0BERTC0P :)

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010

Jake Blues posted:

Hello online thread, I am enjoying this game but would like to actually make money.
Could a kind XBOX goon carry me along on their coattails to greed?
GT: R0BERTC0P :)

I'll add you later this evening. I can't play until my kid is in bed. Rules!

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I can't wait to be free of work so I can golf some people to death.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Dragonatrix posted:

Nah, I had to pay for destroying someone's car last night despite having no money on me. I think it's tied to however much the car costs to get replaced; if it's cheap enough, they pay in full but in some cases they only cover part of it. I dunno what the boundary is for "cheap enough" though.

I've never gotten my Adder or Z Type paid for in full except for a once while farming with friends, twice somebody has paid for a small portion of it ($500 and $5000) and every other time it was inexplicably not their fault and I've had to cover the full premium. I'm talking assholes with tanks, assholes with jets, assholes with stickybombs. I've had to drop $12,500 waaaaaay too often at this point.

note the cash spent on cars

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Stiggs posted:

Gonna have to be single player only because there are none in multiplayer that aren't the perma-parked ones. They don't spawn and taxi on the runways, and there are never any just flying around in the sky. Airports and skies are empty except for players.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Slim Killington posted:

I don't suppose anyone wants to check and see if this still works or not, since things are starting to get quietly fixed?

Friend of mine talked about doing this earlier today, so I assume it still works if the game hasn't been updated since then.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Stiggs posted:

The ones you can't pilot seem to have something to do with all the junk piled up around them. You can't get in a plane if it's got a bunch of immovable props surrounding it, kind of like the game already knows it's boxed in and takeoff would be impossible.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Slim Killington posted:

Gonna have to be single player only because there are none in multiplayer that aren't the perma-parked ones. They don't spawn and taxi on the runways, and there are never any just flying around in the sky. Airports and skies are empty except for players.

There a plenty of parked 747s in singleplayer, though. There’s no need to jack a taxiing one.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
What's the best way to go about progressing online? I just keep doing quick-join on races and missions, which is fun, but I feel like I'm missing out on bigger things and ignoring my crew (1000-1009).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

marktheando posted:

Then I'm glad I finally got a crew game the other day! Even though I hosed everything up for my team mates with some terrible flying in Top Fun. I think because I use free aim I never seem to encounter crew members, despite wearing the tag since online launched.

If you're playing online, you still get crew RP even if you aren't with other crew people, you're fine. I'm moving people with more than 40K RP to representative next weekend and anyone left over I will consider for removal to let other people in.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

jerkstoresup posted:

What's the best way to go about progressing online? I just keep doing quick-join on races and missions, which is fun, but I feel like I'm missing out on bigger things and ignoring my crew (1000-1009).

For crew antics : Start menu > Online > "Join crew" or something. This will put you in a room with a fellow 1009'er, if you're lucky a whole roomful.

For ranking up: Play survivals and deathmatches or something, I dunno. Everybody right now is exploiting the race RP. You can easily get a half a rank in a 3 or 4 lap race. In any case, Jobs are going to get you more RP than you can gain in Free Roam

For money: Run the same high-paying missions over and over. Survivals are good if you can make it to the end (20k), but there are many easier missions with high rewards. Look out for Violent Duct, Base Invaders and Mixed Up with Coke. Alternatively, constantly rob stores and sell the higher-paying cars you can steal (Ballers, Felon GTs) though you'll make much more money running missions.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Survival at the junkyard in Sandy Shores against the meth heads in an easy 20k. Tons of cover and a rooftop. I've never died doing it except for the very first time when I wasn't sure of the landscape.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You have a Sandking? That's cute.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Lunethex posted:

If you have super cars you can do a New Game starting glitch and then follow some certain steps to rake in hundreds of thousands per 30-40 seconds and you don't ever have to leave LSC to do it. It really is an insane glitch.

I can't seem to get this to work. I go to the XBL Games store after entering the LSC with the random car you're meant to pick off the street, and upon returning it just dumps me back into that car rather than the car I'm intending to sell-glitch.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

If you're playing online, you still get crew RP even if you aren't with other crew people, you're fine. I'm moving people with more than 40K RP to representative next weekend and anyone left over I will consider for removal to let other people in.

I'm not sure you can trust the website. It says I've got 0 RP but I've put in a shitton of time with the crew as I'm sure anyone would confirm(including you :D) and the last tooltip I recall popping up said my crew rank was like 44 "Enforcer" or something.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Cojawfee posted:

You have a Sandking? That's cute.

I should have taken more selfies with my cars. Rockstar :argh:

edit: lol asian people can't drive :kimchi:

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 15, 2013

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So what crew should I join, exactly? I think I applied to 2f2f but whoever runs that either hasn't been on in three days or just decided to not accept me for some reason.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

I'm not sure you can trust the website. It says I've got 0 RP but I've put in a shitton of time with the crew as I'm sure anyone would confirm(including you :D) and the last tooltip I recall popping up said my crew rank was like 44 "Enforcer" or something.

Yeah the website shows me as having 0 RP as well, when I'm certain my crew rank has gone up a bunch of times.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I wrote a bunch of stuff about the car sale glitch and decided to delete it all just to say this:

GTA5:O is about 100x more fun when you don't worry about money anymore. If there was a guarantee that you'd get away with it, I'd suggest everyone use the car sale glitch. I think the fun I've gotten out of it is worth any character wipe or dunce cap I'll ever receive. The fact I no longer need to grind boring missions and turn this game into a job just highlights how broken the current system is anyway. I'll be double-dipping for the PC version, so it's not like my console character's gonna matter after that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

The site says you have 270K RP. It's kind of easy to tell who has played the game when their stats say play time of 8 seconds and only 9K in the bank.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

The site says you have 270K RP. It's kind of easy to tell who has played the game when their stats say play time of 8 seconds and only 9K in the bank.

Where do you find this at or is it a leader thing? On the main crew page it shows me with a position in crew of N/A and at 0H 0M 0S and an empty 0 RP to 800 RP bar. The 1 DukeChin on the left is my assigned rank, I assume.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is there a way to tell how long you've had a bounty on you?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Not as far as I can see.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

That's not Crew RP. The site says I have 0 Crew RP despite that I'm also Crew-Ranked 44 or something

DaveKap posted:

I wrote a bunch of stuff about the car sale glitch and decided to delete it all just to say this:

GTA5:O is about 100x more fun when you don't worry about money anymore. If there was a guarantee that you'd get away with it, I'd suggest everyone use the car sale glitch. I think the fun I've gotten out of it is worth any character wipe or dunce cap I'll ever receive. The fact I no longer need to grind boring missions and turn this game into a job just highlights how broken the current system is anyway. I'll be double-dipping for the PC version, so it's not like my console character's gonna matter after that.

Counterpoint: Missions are fun, and the only thing money is good for is fooling around in Free Roam. If you don't need to make money there's no sense in wasting time doing missions, and that's a large portion of the game. People around here have been making it sound like you're literally slaving in front of the game doing some repetitive garbage to make money. Doing Jobs for money is playing the game as intended and not God-moding yourself immediately. The car-selling glitch is, in fact, doing some repetitive garbage to make money

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

Where do you find this at or is it a leader thing? On the main crew page it shows me with a position in crew of N/A and at 0H 0M 0S and an empty 0 RP to 800 RP bar. The 1 DukeChin on the left is my assigned rank, I assume.

The crew stats is hosed. I looked on your GTA stats page.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

On further investigation, going to http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/goon_street/gtav shows me with 0 seconds played and 0 RP at the top of the page, but looking on the leaderboard further down the same page shows me with 362,000 RP. Social club! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkness5780
Apr 22, 2010
Anyone have a list of obtainable low-riders in online?

Or know of a site that has such a list.

• Locked thread