Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

I think you accidentally posted a list of every game ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

No Funkdoc, scrap the whole event.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Feasel is back at it with FF1 WR Attempts! Go Cal Go!

http://www.twitch.tv/feasel

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So Sig didn't want to participate this year I guess.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
That Super Monkey Ball race looks fantastic.

Barkley Shut Up And Jam Gaiden? Chrono Trigger? Those could definitely be more interesting than a Final Fantasy run.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So Sig didn't want to participate this year I guess.

He was incredibly inactive for the last 3-4 months. Since SGDQ? Anyway it's only been the last month or so he's been streaming. I think he got really burnt out.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

I didn't think it would be possible to have a transition so smooth as:

DKC 1 -> DKC 2 -> DKC 3 -> Diddy Kong Racing -> Mario Kart 64 -> F-Zero X -> F-Zero GX -> Zoo Race -> The rest of Awful GDQ

The schedule looks so good and the Awful block looks so amazing that I might try to take the next day off work so I can stay up all night for it.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
glover in awfulgdq :(

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Man that schedule looks amazing. Can't wait to watch then watch any VODs that I missed.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

heeheex2 posted:

glover in awfulgdq :(

I didn't notice that it was in Awful when I first glanced over the list, I was figuring you were throwing a party to celebrate.

Gamma Nerd posted:

That Super Monkey Ball race looks fantastic.

Barkley Shut Up And Jam Gaiden? Chrono Trigger? Those could definitely be more interesting than a Final Fantasy run.

Word on the street is that the goons at ToG are going to be showing Barkley 2 at MAGfest which is the 4 days leading up to AGDQ in the same city/area(I remember someone saying this is how AGDQ got its location/dates way back when) and a little birdy told me that they might be sticking around to make an appearance during the run. Now we just need to get them to bring a laptop with barkley 2 on it so I don't need to get 2 weeks off and go to MAGfest as well.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 17, 2013

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Holy poo poo, Cosmo was on my Yahoo front page: http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/world-fastest-gamers-failure-just-one-bad-jump-200410220.html

Looks like UA is in the picture also!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Really cool article, totally shocked it brushed aside the charity aspect.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Crotch Bat posted:

Its yahoo, what do you expect.

Love the comments as well, LONELY VIRGIN NERDS LMAO, BET THEY CANT GET LAID OR GET JOBS. :ughh:

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

They did mention AGDQ in the caption for the first picture! They did their research well IMO.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
It's not Yahoo, it's a Wired article aggregated by Yahoo.

Also the article in nice but "Wright pounds on his controller, averaging an insane 13 button inputs per second as Link’s nearly-dead corpus rises off the ground, twitching in the air and emitting a series of truncated, staccato yelps. He floats all the way up to the top of a tower, a tower that Link is not yet meant to access." is some of the most self indulgent writing I've ever seen.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Alteisen posted:

Its yahoo, what do you expect.

Love the comments as well, LONELY VIRGIN NERDS LMAO, BET THEY CANT GET LAID OR GET JOBS. :ughh:

drat, these comments are really abhorrent, yeah.

MURPHAGATOR!
Apr 6, 2013

Another busy day at the
Fight House.

ToastyPotato posted:

Is that not something that could prove useful if easily replicable?

Yea it could result in skipping a whole bunch of one stage if I can reproduce it, like internet friend said. The big problem is that I really don't know anything about how it works, and this happening means I have to spend several long, boring hours dashing at walls to try to reproduce it. Fortunately, there's only one stage in the entire game where I think this being able to OoB would be useful at all, so if I can find a setup there it'll be gold.

Plus, my reaction was more of gut reaction to suddenly and unexpectedly being OoB than anything regarding route implications.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

drat, these comments are really abhorrent, yeah.
Every Yahoo news article has awful comments. Don't read them.

Also, I cannot wait to see Zoo Race at the marathon. Zoo Race is an amazing game.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Save the animals! So that we can force them to race for our amusement.

I'm excited to see such a solid FPS lineup. Half Life 2 is going to blow some minds.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
That Day 1 schedule is too good. Also, Ninja Gaiden/Mark of the Ninja/Mirror's Edge back to back to back, :supaburn:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh sweet jesus yeah I notice that. Three games that are basically all about pure speed. That is going to be so awesome. Also nice to see that FF runs won't be in. Those were goddamn boring.

Except the diehard run. That was pretty hilarious.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 18, 2013

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Here are some recent shorties from sonicpacker, one of the guys behind the 120 star TAS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5TZsjzDzk8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voAcBKbo44Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwAyIpSjjkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRq--LEvUX0

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Sonicpacker is provably the funniest username ever.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

The Year of Luigi strikes again.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This doesn't have anything to do with speedrunning but its a Twitch thing. Currently a married couple is running a 720 hour marathon of Pokemon XY. Yes that's right, 720 hours. Apparently what they've been doing and plan to continue doing is to switch off between the two so that one of them is always streaming. Which means that this young married couple won't have a single interaction with one another that doesn't revolve around Pokemon and that won't be streamed live to Twitch for over a month. I do not see this ending well.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This doesn't have anything to do with speedrunning but its a Twitch thing. Currently a married couple is running a 720 hour marathon of Pokemon XY. Yes that's right, 720 hours. Apparently what they've been doing and plan to continue doing is to switch off between the two so that one of them is always streaming. Which means that this young married couple won't have a single interaction with one another that doesn't revolve around Pokemon and that won't be streamed live to Twitch for over a month. I do not see this ending well.

I bet they're going to divorce because one didn't train a specific pokemon right or something stupid like that one diablo 3 couple where the woman divorced because her husband couldn't save her dumb character from dying in Hardcore mode.

At least we can hit the timers now and see how long it takes for divorce.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dizz posted:

I bet they're going to divorce because one didn't train a specific pokemon right or something stupid like that one diablo 3 couple where the woman divorced because her husband couldn't save her dumb character from dying in Hardcore mode.

That woman had a hell of a lot more problems than just having her hardcore char die, she even cheated on him prior to that.

God the entire story was such poo poo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Dizz posted:

I want to see how these two married 18 year olds start acting when they creep into hour 500. SHould be an interesting sociological experiment at the least.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I watched the stream for 5 minutes and in that 5 minutes they made over 20 dollars in donations.
Seems like a good way for a newly wed couple to get a nest egg going to me.
I followed and am going to be checking in periodically to see how their mental health is doing.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Heran Bago posted:

Here are some recent shorties from sonicpacker, one of the guys behind the 120 star TAS.

MULTIPLAYER SMB64? Seriously, what is this ridiculousness?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there a link to said stream?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Gonna toss that out and no link?

http://www.twitch.tv/showvideogames

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
she cute and definitely broken inside. a+ would bang

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Lblitzer posted:

MULTIPLAYER SMB64? Seriously, what is this ridiculousness?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMATgQgD5L8

You can play it online or on the Wii. The new version has luigi and is more stable than the older ones.

There are some real interesting Mario 64 hacks out there and sonicpacker like to TAS most all of them. Peep his channel.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 20, 2013

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Year of Luigi.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Hereck and Tolki? And that dude makes enough money from streaming to support both of them + her school?

The gently caress

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

nerve posted:

Hereck and Tolki? And that dude makes enough money from streaming to support both of them + her school?

The gently caress

Not from streaming, from ~*following his dreams*~

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I'm not a Pokemon fan but this guy is the most positive person on the planet.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

I have seen children's TV show hosts with less enthusiasm. Its actually kinda creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

After watching him now for a little bit I'm pretty sure the marriage is a cover story. They are literally the same person, the results of some unholy experiment from the labs of Nintendo.

• Locked thread