Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Trying to catch up on the thread so forgive me, but does RP grinding still generally work on criminal records or was that nerfed finally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I killed myself to test it out and lost $315. So that's one benefit to this lovely patch. Can't say I am that enthusiastic to play much anymore. At the moment, the content is not there and it does things to me psychologically to know that I used to be able to get quite a bit of money from a mission and now its cut in half for the same amount of work and honestly quite a few of the missions feel like work. Thank goodness that I got my apartment while it was much easier to earn money. Also, I think they nerfed the rp you get too. I only got 500 rp for doing out of court settlement earlier.

I also don't really play gta games for the racing.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

The game has been fun for me, the way I play it. I didn't grind poo poo, I'm always broke and I kill people all day every day. If I unlock something, I play a couple of missions until I can afford it and then immediately buy it, making me broke again.

Doesn't cost poo poo to die if you ain't got no money.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Intrepid00 posted:

Some pubbie running around in a tank thinking he is baller? Just run your car into the back or front of his tank with your personal car. The tank will crush it and give him bad sport.

I still have yet to see this answered, how the hell are people getting tanks? I've seen one video where he waits until the wanted level dies down outside the perimeter of the base and snipes the driver coming out but that's such a specific scenario

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

I've just been playing casually, mostly doing races and deathmatches with the occasional mission. I only have like $140k with no apartment and just my starting car.

There doesn't seem to be anything in the endgame worth grinding for at this point.

I'd really like to see some crazy poo poo from this game. For example, buying property (maybe the Crew could buy property? It would be really expensive) that generates income that can be robbed by other players. Maybe really high-end properties (Jewelry store, etc) could even have other crews plan heists against them. You could buy "upgrades" for your property like guards, security systems, etc.

I'd bet that there's really no good way to implement this, but it would've been cool and given the endgame a bit more meat to it. Something that allows Crews to fight each other would add a lot to the game.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

I still have yet to see this answered, how the hell are people getting tanks? I've seen one video where he waits until the wanted level dies down outside the perimeter of the base and snipes the driver coming out but that's such a specific scenario

You can buy tanks

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Ara posted:

You can buy tanks

At level 70 for a ridiculous amount, plus is almost guaranteed to get you BAD BOY POINTS since every pubbie will gun it at you and insta-die from touching the thing.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Lunethex was rampaging around in one the other day killing pubbies left and right while I watched on from a tall building sniping off the stragglers. It was glorious.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Some patch notes for the latest update :
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51603/new-gta-online-title-update.html

Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods
Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage
Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times
Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated
Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house
Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game
Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing
Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage
Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists
Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam
Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)
Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option
Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

ravenkult posted:

If I unlock something, I play a couple of missions until I can afford it and then immediately buy it, making me broke again.

Doesn't cost poo poo to die if you ain't got no money.

If they ever open up the stock market online I intend to dump my cash into it for protection and do this.

Is it too much to hope that we'll get refunded for the difference in death costs? That'd be like 50k for me right there.

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Oct 18, 2013

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

quote:

Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode

:woop:

I'm not too pissed about the mission grinding change, in fact, I'm pretty happy it's getting changed. I've had the most fun with this game doing races with goons, or doing a variety of missions with goons, or occasionally deathmatching when the mood strikes me right. Doing Base Invaders over and over again because it paid out well was not exactly fun.

Plus, now with this update, I don't have to be afraid of losing my cars anymore.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
So basically Rockstar just want us to spend our $ on in game $ now? I'm also going to guess that a large majority of the people who did the money glitch haven't been banned, which puts everyone else at a disadvantage even more so? That's just my take on it.

The amount of public sessions I join and there's just some fucker in a tank going around killing everyone and then just turning his console off to avoid being a bad sport is ridiculous.

I'll happily do Los Santos Connection, Extradition and Coked up multiple times anyway just because they're fun.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Aishan posted:

You only get the full payment the first time you do a mission, literally. If you replay it, different session or not, you'll get the half payout.

It does make sense really, if you take Mixed Up as an example: It's pretty clear the mission was designed so that you take care of the ones at the construction site then go chase down the two that are escaping. The fact that people did it enough to work out the spawn points for the two escaping ones trivialises the second part of the mission -- the first time you do the mission, you would have no idea that this the case, hence the reduced payouts for repeats.
The races can be fun, but I'd definitely agree that it would be a nice option to offer co-op missions in the list too.

Playlists only let you select competitive missions (Top Fun, etc.), not the co-operative ones.

And that might make sense if they had more than like, 40 co-op missions.

Edit: Cutting the freeroam death penalty down to a quarter takes a lot of sting from the update though, for sure.

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Oct 18, 2013

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I'll happily do Los Santos Connection, Extradition and Coked up multiple times anyway just because they're fun.

The best part about Extradition is the landing. The first time I played it, we had 3 pilots that could actually land safely. The first guy landed to the side of the cranes and taxied over to the waypoint. I wanted nothing to do with playing it safe and decided I'd thread the needle to land directly on the waypoint under the cranes. I come in hot and hit the waypoint perfectly. However, the first guy was already parked on the waypoint. This lead to him blowing up instantly and me parked safely in his place.

Now I try to be the first one there so that I can still thread the needle, but wait on the East end for the rest of the planes to come in before I taxi to the waypoint.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
So since the max you lose in free roam is only $500, I'm not seeing any issue at all with the halved pay outs. It's going to be even easier to earn money now really

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

If mixed up with coke is 9k that still seems decent to run for cash given how quickly it can be done with a good group.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

VarXX posted:

So since the max you lose in free roam is only $500, I'm not seeing any issue at all with the halved pay outs. It's going to be even easier to earn money now really

I'm... not sure how it's easier to make money with half pay. Unless you were dying waaaaaay too much.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam

Welp, I've already heard the Adder selling glitch is still around and I just got the infinite sky-loading, so I wonder how much else of it is still broken too.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

GruntyThrst posted:

I'm... not sure how it's easier to make money with half pay. Unless you were dying waaaaaay too much.

Well, I mostly meant easier in that you won't lose $2000 from a $1000 or $2000 mission anymore when you die after you complete it

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

VarXX posted:

Well, I mostly meant easier in that you won't lose $2000 from a $1000 or $2000 mission anymore when you die after you complete it

Fair enough, but if you're trying to earn money you probably shouldn't be doing 1k reward missions.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I'd like to gain money at a faster rate, but really I guess the price changes don't matter because I bounce between races, missions and deathmatches. I don't spend a lot of time in freemode since it doesn't make you much money and isn't sustainable. If I did get money at a faster rate I would probably be in freemode more often.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
^^^ Freeroam is definitely sustainable as long as you are being smart with your money and not spending all of it on maxing out every weapon's ammunition everytime you fire it a couple times. Hit up stores and sell cars while waiting for missions. I play freeroam constantly and have never dipped below 100k

When I go to earn money I actually try to run every mission I'm given so sometimes I do get those $1000-$2000 missions

VarXX fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Oct 18, 2013

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

So basically Rockstar just want us to spend our $ on in game $ now?

Well yeah I'd think, but this just seems like a balancing patch. People who haven't even reached level 30 have, barring the level unlock stuff, all the best property money can buy, which is odd. They have all these carrots on sticks, except all their sticks were too short and no one at Rockstar knew how to tie a knot.

The whole economy is pretty silly tbh.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Platystemon posted:

I came up with “Rockstore”.
Rock$tore :smug:

Nice to see you'll barely make ammo costs back from a bunch of missions now. Even more sucks to you if you buy armour too (Never buy armour).

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Does this mean Ducts has a 1.5k payout now? :haw:

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Croccers posted:

Nice to see you'll barely make ammo costs back from a bunch of missions now. Even more sucks to you if you buy armour too (Never buy armour).

Just how much ammo are you taking into missions?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I compulsively max out all my ammo before missions. I have a problem...

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

VarXX posted:

^^^ Freeroam is definitely sustainable as long as you are being smart with your money and not spending all of it on maxing out every weapon's ammunition everytime you fire it a couple times. Hit up stores and sell cars while waiting for missions. I play freeroam constantly and have never dipped below 100k

When I go to earn money I actually try to run every mission I'm given so sometimes I do get those $1000-$2000 missions
Oh, it sounds like you are making money at a faster rate than me.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Aishan posted:

Just how much ammo are you taking into missions?

Sticky bombs are 'spensive.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Akion posted:

Sticky bombs are 'spensive.

Yeah, so don't buy 25 of them at a time

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Hahaha they didn't even mention anything about halving the mission payouts in their patch notes

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
So the Stimulus Package isn't going out til next week so they can ensure that progression is no longer being lost.

Rockstar posted:

Hey guys, in regards to questions about the first deposit of GTA$. We're aiming to make the first deposit of $250,000 in all players accounts early next week once we've confirmed that any remaining game progress issues have been fixed for the community in this latest title update. Thanks for understanding and stay tuned to the Newswire for more details.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax
gently caress I knew I should have glitched myself a bunch more money, especially since I seriously doubt there are going to be any repercussions for the people that have done it (and other glitches).

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
$500k really is nothing, you can't even buy one of the top cars with that, I went to Los Santos Customs with the Merrywether jeep and in 5 minutes spent like $100k on it.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Is there a difference between the Merryweather Jeep and the one you can get from the army base? I managed to get one after a mission of base invaders, and I'm wondering if it's worth modding.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

JAssassin posted:

Is there a difference between the Merryweather Jeep and the one you can get from the army base? I managed to get one after a mission of base invaders, and I'm wondering if it's worth modding.

The Merryweather Jeep is cooler.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Zaa Boogie posted:

Welp, I just found the next gameplay type I want officially in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8CrYiSJum4

Well great now R* is going to Nerf/remove the cargobob's ability to pick up cars cause clearly these we're all having to much fun with it.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

El Hefe posted:

$500k really is nothing, you can't even buy one of the top cars with that, I went to Los Santos Customs with the Merrywether jeep and in 5 minutes spent like $100k on it.

500k will get you the most expensive apartment in the game with some spending cash left over. It could also get you a vacca fully upgraded.

Of all the things to complain about, could we spare the complaints about free money?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Air Julio posted:

500k will get you the most expensive apartment in the game with some spending cash left over. It could also get you a vacca fully upgraded.

Of all the things to complain about, could we spare the complaints about free money?

It's a pitiful amount of money, if I had lost a character like many people have I'd be furious, if this was a MMO people would be marching towards Rockstar's HQ with pitchforks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

GNU Order posted:

Hahaha they didn't even mention anything about halving the mission payouts in their patch notes

It's probably server-side, so technically they don't have to since it's not part of the downloaded patch.

• Locked thread