Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
What's a solid almost good team with decent facilities? I tried an Everton save, but I think im going to abandon it because I put in pretty much the whole possible database and it's slow as poo poo. I'm thinking maybe Fiorentina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Frankston posted:

I tried a 5-3-2 and I got slammed by the board and fans for being so negative.

Edit: I tried using the one you linked, I just get a message saying 'This tactic could not be imported'.

Edit 2: I just played with 3 strikers and still got blasted for being 'too negative' so gently caress this game really.

Shame it can't be imported, but I'm sure you could just do it manually. I wouldn't worry about the board, though. Once the results are good, they shouldn't be too bothered. It was great in 13. Took a while where I was just winning 1-0 while the team got used to it, but after that it was great, although I was already a good few seasons in and had great players anyway.

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009

Bea Nanner posted:

What's a solid almost good team with decent facilities? I tried an Everton save, but I think im going to abandon it because I put in pretty much the whole possible database and it's slow as poo poo. I'm thinking maybe Fiorentina.

Swansea? Southampton are really good if you like to create a team of homegrown players. You could also try one of the German teams like Monchengladbach, Freiburg etc.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Also, is there a way to know how much compensation a club has to pay for poaching a staff member from another club? I hosed myself over by mutually terminating a bunch of staff and then not having the funds to bring in replacements. But I don't see where that number anywhere. Maybe it's on that sidebar in the contract negotiation screen filled with FFP stuff I never look at.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Bea Nanner posted:

Also, is there a way to know how much compensation a club has to pay for poaching a staff member from another club? I hosed myself over by mutually terminating a bunch of staff and then not having the funds to bring in replacements. But I don't see where that number anywhere. Maybe it's on that sidebar in the contract negotiation screen filled with FFP stuff I never look at.

It's however much the person will earn for the remainder of their contract, you're basically just buying out their existing contract iirc.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Ghost Cow Goes Boo posted:

Transfers are a bit silly at the moment, you can pretty much lowball everyone. I got Ashley Williams for £4m and a still-beastly Drogba for £1.5m, neither of them transfer listed or unhappy or anything. You can pick up Jon Walters from Stoke for less than a million.

Wages are the same, Keisuke Honda bit my hand off for £30k a week when I expected negotiations to start off at twice that. It feels a little bit like cheating.

Honda wouldn't drop below 95k per week for me at Nuremburg.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Cart Cam posted:

Honda wouldn't drop below 95k per week for me at Nuremburg.
Weird. Was that trying to get him on a free in January? I offered £1.5m to take him immediately and he accepted £30k right away.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I offered Honda 50k to be a key player but he went to Southampton for 40k anyway.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Ghost Cow Goes Boo posted:

Weird. Was that trying to get him on a free in January? I offered £1.5m to take him immediately and he accepted £30k right away.

First transfer window, it mentioned in the top dialog box something like "Honda doesn't believe joining a club with a reputation like Nuremburg's would be benificial to him" so reputation features seem to be quite cool now if reputation ever stops being incredibly broken.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rycalawre posted:

Swansea? Southampton are really good if you like to create a team of homegrown players. You could also try one of the German teams like Monchengladbach, Freiburg etc.

Stade Rennais have great facilities, and the French league is kinda fun to play.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Check out the quality defending in this game I just played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWf-is5ikNo

3 minutes later
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deb-XUSjE6k

Final score: Aston Villa 1-5 Everton (5 shots on target 5 goals). This game is loving horrible.

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID
Well, at least it's still a Beta.

:negative:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Frankston posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWf-is5ikNo

3 minutes later
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deb-XUSjE6k

Final score: Aston Villa 1-5 Everton (5 shots on target 5 goals). This game is loving horrible.
To be fair, that looks kind of like Villa defending :(.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I dunno, my Conference North team defends just fine :smug:

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpGjQKZ0xrQ

Good to see they haven't fixed goalkeeper AI.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

If anyone remembers my post from the last thread I have just finished my first season in Serie A after being promoted with Spezia. Given that I had a budget of 100k and a tiny poo poo squad to begin with relegation was pretty much a given. After five games I was surprisingly top of the table with wins over Roma, Lazio and Genoa and draws against Verona and Sampdoria. Like most that commented on my post on the last thread I agreed that this was most likely because all the other teams thought I was poo poo, justifiably, and that half way through the season things would dramatically change.

Well it never happened. This is probably my best season ever in FM.

My team (only one of which is a regen- Del Prete)

My two centre backs were absolutely amazing through-out giving me the second best goals against record in the league (behind a ridiculous Juventus side). Not bad for a combined total of 150k.

Transfers

Next season should be a fun one as the money I get from the Champions League will be ridiculous for a club like Spezia. Should be able to attract some decent talent too.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Huh.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Well, it may only be one game in my testing, but I think I've found a new tactic, from a friend of mine who's played this even more than I have so far:

His instructions:

Foz's Friend posted:

Base mentality: Control or Attacking

GK
3xDC (Defend)
2xWB (Attack)
DMC - Regista
2xMC (1 Ball Winning, 1 Advanced Playmaker)
2xST (1 Target Man, 1 False 9).

The 4 goals from my WB were from my WB/R (Lichtsteiner), on the side of the False 9 (Tevez).

What seemed to happen (from memory, not looking at the replay/highlights) is that the WB/L (Asamoah) was marauding down the left, so the opposition DL went out after him. The Target Man (Llorente) drew 2 defenders due to the threat of the cross. The False 9 (Tevez) dropped back towards midfield, drawing another defender, leaving the WB/R (Lichtsteiner) free of a defender and unmarked at the back post. If I recall, 2 of the goals happened this way and 1 of them was more a result of him carrying the ball into the box, Tevez dropping off into midfield to open space, and Lichtsteiner blasting in a shot from his run, and then the 4th goal was a total fluke that he scored on the counter after picking up a clearance from a defensive corner and outracing the other team down the field.

Tried it with Dortmund. Super Cup versus Bayern:

Won 4-1
(Dortmund Stats first)
Shots 17/11
On Target 11/6
Off Target 4/2
Clear Cut Chances 6/1
Half Chances 2/0

It wasn't great on possession (44%/56%) but it was just chance after chance
Half Chances

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Phillipe Senderos, World Cup winner.

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID

The new FIFA seeds in action

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Regretting disabling first transfer windows. May not be able to scrape together enough cash for Vasquez's buyout clause and he's amazing. Better than Bony.

Will cry if I lose him.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

SirFozzie posted:

Well, it may only be one game in my testing, but I think I've found a new tactic, from a friend of mine who's played this even more than I have so far:

His instructions:

Might as well give this a try, nothing I do works. What mentality are the BWM, AP and TM?

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Frankston posted:

Popehoist posted:

Good to see they haven't fixed goalkeeper AI.

You did take the time to report those bugs, yes?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It's nice to see that of the 10,000,000 new features, "match engine: gave objects friction" wasn't one of them. Series should be renamed FM On Ice.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gonna hold off until 1) Steam sale and 2) Mr.Hough makes some auto-win tactic because I am a prick

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

Frankston posted:

Might as well give this a try, nothing I do works. What mentality are the BWM, AP and TM?

Support, Attack, Attack If I remember correctly

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

SirFozzie posted:

Support, Attack, Attack If I remember correctly

This game is weird. The tactic has my team playing great, regular 8 and mid-to-high 7 ratings every game for 90% of the team yet I still end up losing repeatedly. About to be relegated for the 2nd time in 2 attempts.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
How are you giving up the goals? Sounds like this is something that can be tweaked with instructions, or setting the mentality to counter..

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Game's not shy about injuries. Michu, De Guzman, Shelvey and now Britton all out for a while. 3 weeks before the first one is back.

Having a midfield is overrated.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

julian assflange posted:

Gonna hold off until 1) Steam sale and 2) Mr.Hough makes some auto-win tactic because I am a prick

Did anyone ever create a perfect tactic for FM13?

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Hegav posted:

Did anyone ever create a perfect tactic for FM13?
tbh I think Mr Hough created diablo tactics in FM10/11, but FM12 was more open with a couple of top tactics. FM13 is highly dependant on other things, but going purely by tactics I thought Mr Langvatn's tactics were the closest to being a diablo as anyone got.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
4-3-3 Kun and Dortmund 4-2-3-1 were both powerful, if not Diablo/Hough level

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Are there any namefixes, graphics packs and such out yet?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm using last year's kitpacks and it's horrifying to see last years kits replaced with the adidas monstrosities when the team's out on the pitch.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The match engine is weird. Half the goals I'm seeing are from midfielders watching players run past them with the ball and starting to chase after a ten yard head start.

Or making a tackle and waiting for the player to get back to his feet and retrieve the ball before moving again.

edit: Cornelis Jol wants an avoid relegation bonus to sign as a scout.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Oct 20, 2013

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
To be fair, rule number 1 in any of the FM games I have is "take every chance you to kiss your players arses if they do well". Got an international call up? It was totally on merit and deserved because they're awesome. Win Man of the Match? You always knew they were capable of that level of performance. Score after hours and hours despite being poo poo? It will give them the confidence to go on and grab a few more now.

Admittedly this is also because I never bother reading the questions anymore, the autism filter is just too strong so trying to make sensible answers is pointless. I tell folk what they want to hear whilst nodding, shushing them and patting them on the head until they go to sleep like the giant retarded babies they occasionally play like.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm watching comprehensive highlights to get a handle on tactics and it's just 90 minutes of long throws, long kicks from the keeper and spannered shots from 40 yards.

I genuinely don't think instructions do anything.

edit: Distribute to defenders + pass it shorter, Vorm smacks it long, ball comes back, Hull equalise. It's not like my back four were all marked. He had options.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 20, 2013

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
After seeing my Arsenal team pass it around with no penetration for the billionth time, I decided to stop trying to make Ozil the advanced playmaker we all expect and instead try to exploit his more offensive abilities. I'm now playing him as a shadow striker, while my other two AMCs went AMR/L. Theo ont he right does what Theo does, and Cazorla is acting as an advanced playmaker, and instructed to tuck in centrally. This is leaving tons of space for Gibbs. Ozil in the SS role acts more like a creative, deeper lying attacker than an attacking midfielder. So far it's only beaten Palace, but I'll definitely report back.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
So many players running away from the ball, not following runners, freezing after tackling someone, waiting to get tackled, trying that stupid 'kick the ball against the defender to win a corner' trick that never works...

Backroom advice takes 10s+ to load, and the columns on my squad screen seem to be set to random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Looks like someone's found a way to generate nearly infinite money (1 Billion in one test) for teams in nations that have the ability to sell % of players to agents.. looks like it's going to be fixed in release so abuse it now while you can...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364760-MONEY-HACK-issue-thas-has-to-be-adressed-in-order-to-save-the-integrity-of-the-game.

• Locked thread