Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Yodzilla posted:

The only thing I really don't get is Queenie with the Minotaur. I guess it was following the scent of its prey's blood but why was it so docile so quick? Is that a latent power of Queenie or did she decide to just get freak nasty and he wanted to get his bull dick wet?

e: I don't know how this post happened thanks awful.app

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
Remember she's a human voodoo doll. What is done to her is done to whoever she's focusing on, so...

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
She was saving herself for the perfect Minotaur.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Yodzilla posted:

So I guess the only thing I really don't get is Queenie with the Minotaur. I guess it was following the scent of its prey's blood but why was it so docile so quick? Is that a latent power of Queenie or did she decide to just get freak nasty and he wanted to get his bull dick wet?

But if she's a voodoo doll and things that get done to her get done to other people if she has sex with the bull guy that means the bull guy is having sex with himself?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Queenie's bull sex, baby gravy, zombie incest.

Personally, I don't think I'll be in "the mood" for at least a few days.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

DarklyDreaming posted:

This show is why the :stare: emoticon was invented

It would have been a good reason, but actually...

<<<

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Hollis posted:

But if she's a voodoo doll and things that get done to her get done to other people if she has sex with the bull guy that means the bull guy is having sex with himself?

American Horror Story: Inception

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
Re-watching the voudon fertility ritual scene I paid close attention to the goat. While I clearly don't want them to slit a goat's actual throat, it's pretty funny seeing the goat kind of calmly crane its neck around and look at everyone curiously while the fake blood shoots out of its neck.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just saw the last few minutes of this thanks to the rerun :stare: I really hope Madison comes back to life! She was way too cool of a character to kill off like that.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Does anybody else feel like they're focusing a bit too much on Fionna? Don't get me wrong, she's fantastic, but I'd kind of like to get more than a segment an episode on Cordelia or Queenie or LaLaurie.

Speaking of which, everybody seems pretty docile. I know they're witches and all, but Queenie seemed to accept that LaLaurie was her maid and that a bonafide minotaur was outside pretty quick, much less the decision to seduce him.

Plus, people seem to be dying pretty quickly. Madison of course, and Kyle's mom, who probably had another episode or two in her. The incest thing seemed kinda tacked on for shock value.

And another thing! This is supposed to be a coven, but the field trip to LaLaurie's house is about the only thing they've all done together. I guess I just want more on the other characters overall, as it really feels like the Lange show so far. Which isn't a bad thing, but it can't be the entire season.

And I don't know if anybody brought this up yet, but it seems pretty clear, from her verbiage and the preview for next week, that Fionna cut out the butler's tongue so he'd keep quiet about her killing the supreme.

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010
I really wanted Kyle's mom to just be a normal lady. Maybe the Christians next door could have been nice. This show, you guys.

So are we going to see Cordelia going off on Fiona for ruining her fertility plans? I felt so bad for her in that scene.

Also, wow, making me feel kind of bad for LaLaurie. She really has no idea what's going on and has no agency whatsoever. Kathy Bates is my favorite part of the show, now.

(I really could have lived without seeing Gaboruey Sidibe faux-masturbating.)

gnomewife fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 24, 2013

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I'm already ashamed of myself for this, but I would really like a looping GIF of the bubbling semen.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I was really hoping that they would keep the show somewhat simple this season to not be shotgunning the genres are the audience so much, but then frankenstein incest/minotaur man sex started happening. Hoping now they just stick with what they have and build off of it instead of just introducing even more wacky poo poo. Prediction for next week, the one trying to get pregnant goes to a higher power, Aliens!.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tenzarin posted:

I was really hoping that they would keep the show somewhat simple this season to not be shotgunning the genres are the audience so much, but then frankenstein incest/minotaur man sex started happening. Hoping now they just stick with what they have and build off of it instead of just introducing even more wacky poo poo. Prediction for next week, the one trying to get pregnant goes to a higher power, Aliens!.

I'm the opposite. After the first episode I was like "ho-hum, this is a little tame and by-the-book compared to last season," and then when they got all Frankentate last episode I thought it was a little more like it. But now they've gone and springboarded into the full-blown crazy that I show up for.

I hope Madison isn't gone for good, she's too fun (and too hot) to go away already :smith:

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?
"We don't need a new supreme, we need a new rug."

Jessica Lange is the most amazing bitch in the world, milquetoast whiny bitches better step the gently caress off!
Madison was so loving annoying,the actress is just terrible and dull, I don't want to see her come back in any way.

MadSparkle fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Oct 24, 2013

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MadSparkle posted:

Jessica Lange is the most amazing bitch in the world, milquetoast whiny bitches better step the gently caress off!
Madison was so loving annoying,the actress is just terrible and dull, I don't want to see her come back in any way.
Pffffffft :colbert: I mean I love Jessica Lange too, but Madison was smug as gently caress and one of the more interesting characters in a season which (I think) doesn't have too many interesting characters.

superkittenhugs
Sep 8, 2010
I've gotta say, I'm a little disappointed in this episode. The incest scene and Queeni's masturbation scene seemed to be there strictly for shock value. Sure, season 2 had some appalling poo poo happen, but it never felt like it was being sensational just for hell of it.

Also, it's pretty clear that Madison wasn't the new supreme. I'm assuming it's Zoe, but will be disappointed if they've made it that obvious.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OmegaBR posted:

And another thing! This is supposed to be a coven, but the field trip to LaLaurie's house is about the only thing they've all done together.

As far as I can tell being in a Coven means you get to live in an expensive house and do absolutely whatever the gently caress you want 24/7. Because that's all they've shown.

ElectricSheep posted:

American Horror Story: Inception

Doing the next season in a Cyberpunkish future would be an awesome shake up. It's the one show people would accept doing a genre shift.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Zoe as the new supreme is too obvious. Nan or Queenie as the new supreme seems more likely.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
As much as I loved Asylum I really hope this season doesn't build up an awesome massive showdown crazy fest and then do a flash forward to show how anti-climactic everything is.

I get what they were trying to do but you do not tease Nazi zombies vs aliens vs satan vs angry nun all season long and then cop on all of it, drat it.

escape artist posted:

Zoe as the new supreme is too obvious. Nan or Queenie as the new supreme seems more likely.

I am definitely in agreement it will "jump to" somebody, rather than going back. It can't be that simple.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Blazing Ownager posted:

I am definitely in agreement it will "jump to" somebody, rather than going back. It can't be that simple.

I don't think Madison was going to be the new supreme anyway though, which makes her death even more tragic.

Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu
Well that sure was a thing. :suspense:

I stand by my initial opinion. It's going to be Nan.

Mexcillent posted:

Remember she's a human voodoo doll. What is done to her is done to whoever she's focusing on, so...
Holy poo poo, that didn't even occur to me. I'd thought the blood was just to lure him. HOLY gently caress, THIS SHOW.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Taliaquin posted:

Holy poo poo, that didn't even occur to me. I'd thought the blood was just to lure him. HOLY gently caress, THIS SHOW.

What am I missing? Precious was flicking it, and thus, pleasuring the Minotaur too?

Anyway, I thought that was the best episode since at least Mid Season 2. I'm officially on board for this season. I honestly predicted the Kyle/Mom incest thing when I saw him look back at Zoe with sheer horror as she left him with his mom. Sadly, I knew Jessica Lange was going to kill one of the four students this episode, and it became pretty obvious it would be Madison, so there was little tension in that scene for me. Still, Lange (I keep almost calling her Jude) was great.

escape artist fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Oct 24, 2013

Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu

escape artist posted:

What am I missing? Precious was flicking it, and thus, pleasuring the Minotaur too?
If Mexcillent is correct, then she used Delphine's blood to focus on her while the Minotaur did his thing, which means that Delphine felt it. So if she was focusing on Delphine there, she basically used the Minotaur to rape Delphine.

Aaaaand there's a sentence I never thought I'd say. Thanks, AHS!

Chex Warrior
Oct 26, 2007
I'd like to point out that in episode 1, when Fiona is explaining what the Supreme is, the camera cuts to a random reaction shot of Nan. In episode 2, the only scene featuring Nan starts with her reading a book under all the portraits of past Supremes. So.. like.. I think Nan is the next Supreme. And really, a clairvoyant would be the only witch able to defeat someone as unpredictable and ruthless as Fiona. poo poo, what would Zoe do? Scissor her to death? Nan could probably just figure out where Fiona was gonna go in the house any given day and set up a bunch of anvils to drop, Wile E Coyote style, only successfully.

I hope that's the season finale.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I only just realised at the end of this episode that Denis O'Hare is the butler.

I reckon Nan has got to be the new Supreme, from the foreshadowing Lange dropped on the way to the sacred spot through to the consistent cool demonstration of powers versus the "I didn't know I could" of the others.

edit ^^^ that stuff works too, but I hadn't picked up on the mise-en-scene.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Taliaquin posted:

If Mexcillent is correct, then she used Delphine's blood to focus on her while the Minotaur did his thing, which means that Delphine felt it. So if she was focusing on Delphine there, she basically used the Minotaur to rape Delphine.

Holy gently caress. I don't know whether to thank you or condemn you for clarifying.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Taliaquin posted:

:cawg:

Blazing Ownager posted:

Doing the next season in a Cyberpunkish future would be an awesome shake up. It's the one show people would accept doing a genre shift.

Starts out Shadowrun, descends into I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

OmegaBR posted:

And another thing! This is supposed to be a coven, but the field trip to LaLaurie's house is about the only thing they've all done together. I guess I just want more on the other characters overall, as it really feels like the Lange show so far. Which isn't a bad thing, but it can't be the entire season.

Your right of course, but that might be the point. The women of the coven are extremely disfunctional; I think the fact that the witches aren't unified is one of the primary struggles in the show. I'm sort of expecting that "we have to work together to defeat Lange" will eventually become a plot point.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008

Blazing Ownager posted:

You're literally the worst poster on TVIV and this is par for course on your ideas.

It's called American Horror Story, and they haven't done a Western yet.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

MadSparkle posted:

Wow, you're incredibly wrong and dumb. :colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Taliaquin posted:

I think the blood thing was just to lure, but I guess we'll know if this theory's correct if Delphine has a Minotaur baby.

If this theory is correct, with this show being this show, Delphine will have a Minotaur baby, and oh god... now I really want to see a Minotaur baby. :rock:

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
They made it pretty clear during the opening that a witch can manifest 4 or 5 powers and still be considered just an average witch. Madison displayed 2 (maybe 3 if you count the scene at the cafe), so I think the whole 'Madison is the next supreme' thing is a red herring. I think what were supposed to get out of it is that Lange is going to kill anyone who manifests multiple powers just to be sure. Of course she doesn't know where every witch in the world is, so she may run through all of the girls in the house and we see Misty become the supreme.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Taliaquin posted:

This is what I really want to be true because if not this will be my biggest legitimate disappointment this season- Queenie talking about how she is saving herself for the right person, awkwardly talking about how people used to call her a monster too before loving a half-bull, and then getting hosed by it for any other reason than revenge would bother me because... that is just so weak and kind of stupid in my opinion. I'm fat so I know what it is like... I consider us the same angry inhuman Minotaur.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Marie Laveau playing solitaire on an iPad is the least craziest thing this episode.

It is the best way to show that she is powerful to the point where she is relaxed, does not give a poo poo about the pregnancy powers, and has adapted to modern times.

vyst posted:

She's ultra sexy this season as a backwoods hippie.

I love someone with the power of life and death being kind of a backwoods uneducated hippie- someone with Biblical level powers who heals with mud.

cochise posted:

I have a feeling Madison isn't truly gone.

She made a pact with a demon so I'm hoping she was not the supreme but comes back with Satanic powers and basically explains "I was not the supreme but hey, Satan powers. Bitch!".

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Could any gif masters work their magic on the part where Kathy Bates hisses Liiieees? Her expression was great.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
To make enough sperm for the ceremony would require 12-30 ejaculations :stonk:

(Average production varies between 2-5ml I looked it up because curious!)

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008

Phummus posted:

They made it pretty clear during the opening that a witch can manifest 4 or 5 powers and still be considered just an average witch. Madison displayed 2 (maybe 3 if you count the scene at the cafe), so I think the whole 'Madison is the next supreme' thing is a red herring. I think what were supposed to get out of it is that Lange is going to kill anyone who manifests multiple powers just to be sure. Of course she doesn't know where every witch in the world is, so she may run through all of the girls in the house and we see Misty become the supreme.

Fiona's just high as poo poo on medication and paranoid about losing her spot the way she did the old Supreme dirty.

Hey speaking of which it's real likely Fiona's going to crash this whole coven thing into the ground, based on the old Supreme's warning and vision. I'm looking forward to it.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Blazing Ownager posted:

As far as I can tell being in a Coven means you get to live in an expensive house and do absolutely whatever the gently caress you want 24/7. Because that's all they've shown.

Well the notion of a 'coven' is kind of hosed at the moment because of how badly Fiona's done as ruling Supreme, is the gist I got. She hasn't been around in however long to actually lend a guiding hand, and Cordelia's been kind of doing the best she can given the circumstances but not really well enough to keep their coven solid and together. So yeah, it's really just "do what you want" without answering to any real authority because that's all it's been probably since Fiona assumed the Supreme mantle.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They also mentioned that witches as a race in general are in serious trouble because too many of them are choosing not to have kids. It's not outside the realm of possibility for the whole thing to fall apart by the end of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

escape artist posted:

I agree with you that it's the obvious choice, but I also think it's where they are going. Based on a feeling that the resurrection spell that Zoe and Madison cast actually failed, and Zoe's subsequent apology and kiss to Kyle was what actually raised him (and we know that can be an independent power since that's Misty Day's whole deal). The previous Supreme told young Jessica Lange that she had to show "the seven miracles" - I suspect the power to kill and the power to raise have to be two of the more difficult ones. Just speculating though, and I think it would probably be cooler if it ended up being Nan.

• Locked thread