Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Noblesse Oblige posted:

I haven't had any problems with it. I hover over the item name with my pointer, hit the button (R in my case), and that's it. Do note that you can only use it on either white items or identified items; it won't work on like an un-ID'd blue. It also doesn't work with bows or wands.

Animate Guardian and Animate Weapon also don't work well if you have your UI configured to prevent accidental looting. Essentially it turns off ground loot targeting which impacts the Animate Guardian/Weapon functionality.

Hamburger Test posted:

You're probably right. I haven't really played much, and I just took the developer comment in the patch notes* as gospel without looking at any the calculations:

With the huge buffs to life, and the various passives and items you can get to manipulate auras, if you aim specifically to supporting multiple auras with BM it's more than possible without gimping. However, it'll take investment and you're unlikely to be doing it at level 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
Ahhhh okay thanks guys. Yeah I have ground looting turned off unless I hold alt. That bad summoner build died anyway so it doesn't matter, but I hope they get that worked out somehow.

melon farmer
Oct 28, 2009

My boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs!
Currency, or "what the gently caress do you mean there's no gold"

So instead of gold, this game uses a pretty complex system of orbs as its currency. Unlike most other games' currency though where its just a medium of exchange, the orbs in PoE have significant use-value. Here they are roughly from least valueable to most:

Orb of Augmentation: adds one mod to a one-mod magic item. Feel free to use these, you will find them in truckloads and they have no trade value. You can buy Alteration Orbs per 4 Augmentations at the magic vendor.
Orb of Transmutation: makes a white item into a blue item, and adds 1 or 2 random mods. Feel free to use these too, you find a lot of them and you'll use them less and less as you progress (until you get to maps, where you will use them frequently to make white maps into blue ones before running them). You can buy Augmentations with them at the vendor, or trade them in for 4 wisdom scrolls (don't do this). Selling unidentified magic/rare items gives you shards for these.
Armorer's Scrap/Blacksmith's Whetstone: Improves the quality of a white item by 5%, magic item by 2%, or a rare/unique item by 1%. Quality improves the base damage or defense of your item (so armor on an armor piece, e.g.). Typically a stack of these is worth roughly a chaos orb in exchange-value on SC ladder, but YMMV. Also interacts with Jeweler's and Fusing Orbs in a way I'll touch on later.
Glassblower’s Bauble:Improves quality of a flask, by 5%/2% for white/blue flasks. Quality bonus of each flask varies by flask type, wiki it if you have a great flask that you ‘re thinking of baubling.
Chromatic Orb: rearranges the colors of sockets on an item. This is the first orb that you have to actually care about your supply of, you will want a lot of these for gear once you get to the point where a) you have enough support gems to need a specific color combination on your 4-link/5-link items, and b) your gear isn't changing every 2-3 levels. Note that items types are biased towards the socket color that matches their type, so Armor pieces will gravitate red, ES pieces will gravitate blue, etc. If you want an all R/G colored ES chest for example, be prepared to spend MANY chromatic orbs. You can get these as drops, but most commonly you'll get them by selling R-G-B linked items to either vendor.
Alteration Orb: rerolls a magic item with new random properties. Worth just ever so slightly more than a Chromatic, you'll use these all throughout your character's life, but be smart about it - you're going to want them around so don't blow them all on a level 10 hammer or whatever. Common uses include rolling flasks to get certain mods (instant healing, extra charges, %recovery provided to minions, etc.), and rolling well-socketed mid-level gear to get life/resists/damage mods that make it a useful piece. Also heavily used in the end-game map system, to get your blue maps to have properties that you want. You can buy Jeweler's orb per 2 of these at the magic vendor. Selling id'd magic/rare items gives you shards for these.
Jeweler's Orb: randomly reforges the number of sockets on an item. BEWARE: the maximum number of sockets you can get is a function of the item's itemlevel, which is a separate and hidden property from the required level to equip it. For example, staves can get a maximum of 6 sockets. But if your staff is itemlevel 5 (click on the staff to get it on your cursor, and type /itemlevel), you won't get more than 3 sockets. Itemlevel of roughly 50 is required to get 6 sockets on an item. You'll use these a reasonable amount; you'll end up finding some item that would be a definite upgrade if only it had 4 sockets on it instead of 1, so you could swap in all your skill gems. Here's where Jewelers (followed by chromatics and/or fusings) come in. You can buy Fusing orbs per 4 jewelers at the magic vendor.
Chance Orb: upgrades a white item to a random rarity. PoE’s version of gambling, this is one way to get certain unique items (and maybe end up with a decent rare as a consolation prize). For instance, using chance orbs on the Occultist’s Vestment chest-piece has a (smallllllll) chance of yielding the incredibly valuable Shavronne’s Wrappings. Don’t expect to hit the lotto without a lot of rolls though. There are only a couple of base items types that are +EV to chance, I like to think of it more as a fun distraction every time I come back from a map run or whatever.
Fusing Orb: reforges the links on an item to a random state (that it's not currently in). So if you have an R G B item, using a fusing might make it R-G B, R G-B, or R-G-B. The odds are NOT equal though, the odds are weighted against you fully linking your item, heavily so for attempting to 5- and 6-link.
Note: if the item has quality on it, Jewelers and Fusings, when used on that item, will “consume” the items quality and, for that roll only, improve the chances of a favorable result. So if I jeweler a 1 socket, 20% quality item, I’m more likely to get 6 sockets compared to an attempt on a 0% Q item, but I also lose the 20% quality.
Alchemy Orb: worth slightly less than a fusing in trade chat, this item has arguably equal or better use-value. It takes a white item and makes it rare, rolling random mods and values appropriate to the item’s level. Since rares can have up to 6 mods, this take a white item you might be interested in using (say, a white item with the right type of protection for your character, e.g. Armor, and also has the correct number/links/colors of sockets you want) and makes it significantly more powerful. Also used on higher-level end-game maps to give them intersting properties (and increasing the quality of loot they drop). You can buy this, at a significant loss to yourself, from the magic vendor for 1 regret orb.
Scouring Orb:”removes all properties from an item” is slightly misleading: it basically makes the item white. So sockets/links and implicit mods (e.g., cold resist on a Sapphire Ring) are preserved. A good way to set up a blue item for alch’ing, or to reverse an unfavorable set of rolls on an alchemy orb or similar. Worth roughly a fusing orb in trade chat
Blessed Orb: rerolls the numeric values of the IMPLICIT mods on an item. So say we have a 20% cold resist sapphire ring, say it’s magic and has +life and +fire resist on it. Using a blessed orb on it will reroll the cold resist percentage value only. Worth roughly a chaos orb in trade chat.
Chaos Orb: this is basically the us dollar of the PoE economy – always in demand, high use-value, many many things on trade-chat will be denominated in terms of chaos orbs. It does the same thing an Alteration Orb does (rerolls an item with new random properties), but for rare items. So it’s a version of gambling, but a structured one – one of the methods of end-game crafting involves alch’ing a desirable white item, and then chaos spamming it until the item is amazing. Trade chat values fluctuate a lot, but this is worth roughly 2 fusings. Most of us mortals will use these primarily for trading, it can take a LOT of them to make an end-game white item into a great rare.
Regret Orb:Worth roughly a chaos, this orb provides the character that uses it 1 passive respec point (which can be used to refund 1 skill on the passive tree). If you’ve followed this wall of text to this point, and looked at your own stash, you’ve probably gleaned that respeccing is very expensive. Unless they decide to abandon the concept of this orb entirely, this is why many people think that GGG will not add in a respec microtransaction, quest, or similar.
Regal Orb:takes a magic item and makes it a rare item, adding ONE random mod. Since this three-mod item will likely be of little additional utility on its own, you can do one of two things with it 1) chaos it – this is p dumb since if you didn’t care about the mods that were on your magic item, for the price you should have just scoured and then alc’d it 2) use exalted orbs, coupled with eternal orbs, to meticulously craft your ideal item.
Gemcutter’s Prism:improves the quality of a gem by 1%. Worth roughly 3 chaos orbs. There’s also a vendor recipe where you can trade a level 20 gem to the vendor, with 1 GCP, and get back a level 1, 20%quality version of the gem. Luckily getting level 20 gems is hard so GCP’s still have use-value. However, a quick glance at trade chat will show you that you shouldn’t Q up a gem from scratch with these – far cheaper to buy a ~12% or so quality gem on trade chat, and GCP it up from there.
Divine Orb: rerolls the EXPLICIT numeric values on an item. So for our Sapphire ring example earlier, a divine orb would reroll the life and fire resist only. Note that the range isn’t fully random, there are brackets depending on which specific life prefix you rolled – look up item affixes before you start considering using divine orbs on your things. Roughly 10 chaos will buy you one of these.
Exalted Orb: This is the rich-man’s currency in PoE. During anarchy they fluctuated between 50 chaos per exalt, to roughly 25 chaos per exalt by the end of the ladder season. It takes a rare item with < 6 properties, and adds one random property to it. “That kind of sucks for something that’s worth 20+chaos”, you’re thinking – and you’re sort of right. Unless you’re in the 1% these have FAR more worth as an exchange currency. Here’s where their use-value shines: say I am rich (im poor), and run many late game maps. I come across a 6L armor chestpiece that has all my right socket colors for my skill, and since it has a high itemlevel it can roll good stat ranges. I can either do the alch-chaos spam thing I mentioned earlier, OR since alteration orbs are cheap I can do the following: transmute it, and alt/aug it until I get two great mods I like. Then I can use a regal orb, and if my regal result sucks I scour and start over. If my regal result is great, then I can use exalted orbs (coupled with eternal orbs) to “ensure” that I will “eventually” end up with exactly the item mods I want. This is the meticulous player’s version of end-game crafting, and with the introduction of eternal orbs, overtook the alch-chaos game as arguably the preferred method.
Eternal Orb: Introduced sometime last ladder, this useful and rare thing creates an snapshot of an item that can be restored later. So I can use an eternal on an item, change its colors/sockets/mods in all the ways I just described, and then erase all my fuckups by restoring my imprint. Makes using exalted orbs much less of a risk, since if your Nth mod sucks you don’t have to scour the item anymore, you can always keep your N-1 perfect mods by restoring your imprint. Worth 2-3 exalted orbs, which if you’re keeping track is roughly 234143514363246 Alteration Orbs (not really but might as well be).
Mirror of Kalandra:The incredibly rare Mirror (which you can find doubling as the PoE logo) creates a mirrored copy of an item. Legit duping, basically, although the item cannot be further modified by any orbs so the colors/sockets/mods better be exactly what you want before you use it. Not that you’d ever use it though, since they sell for 80+ exalts (at least in standard).

FINAL CAVEAT: none of the values I quoted here are firm, it’s just meant to give a rough idea. I’m sure all the prices are mixed up anyways with the new ladder seasons, so this is just meant to roughly tier things.

melon farmer fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 24, 2013

rooth baybee
Apr 15, 2013

Hey youuuu guysssss!

melon farmer posted:

FINAL CAVEAT: none of the values I quoted here are firm, it’s just meant to give a rough idea. I’m sure all the prices are mixed up anyways with the new ladder seasons, so this is just meant to roughly tier things.

Yea the one thing I feel all the currency value sites fail to mention is that there is no gold because this is a barter game. Value is really in the eye of the traders, and different items are more valuable at different times to different people. Nemesis league being a brand new ladder is going to have a limited supply of some items which will make them more valuable, but also they could be less valuable depending on what that player needs at the time of the trade. Thank you for mentioning this for new players, so that they don't think prices or trades always have to be firm. There is a certain popular streamer that really made trading a pain for a while, hopefully more new players and a more diverse community will help alleviate some of that over time.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Oh my god the end credits theme :allears:, so cheesy.

The last thing i was expecting was mediocre metal to start blazing once i beat Dominus.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

BombiTheZombie posted:

Oh my god the end credits theme :allears:, so cheesy.

The last thing i was expecting was mediocre metal to start blazing once i beat Dominus.

Spoilers! You are a bad person!

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Do you guys suffer from constant disconnections as well? I installed the game yesterday and it's unplayable.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

devoir posted:

With the huge buffs to life, and the various passives and items you can get to manipulate auras, if you aim specifically to supporting multiple auras with BM it's more than possible without gimping. However, it'll take investment and you're unlikely to be doing it at level 30.

The problem is that all the auras are now percentage based.

If my calculations and my understanding of the description on http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Aura#Theoretical_Maximum_Reduction are correct (and either might well be wrong), the build I linked + Alpha's Howl + 20Q Level 20 Reduced Mana can reduce mana reserved by almost 60% 55.1% total. That means a standard 60% aura can be reduced to 22.3% 27%. Can't really run a lot of those.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 24, 2013

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Spamming zombie after zombie at people never gets old, I haven't had this much fun since my D2 Necro.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

Tafferling posted:

Do you guys suffer from constant disconnections as well? I installed the game yesterday and it's unplayable.

Not unplayable, but sometimes I'll be running around killing dudes and then it just pops seamlessly to the login screen.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

ImpulseDrive posted:

xpadder works with this. I have a profile based off my Diablo 3 setup that I am still tweaking because I haven't quite got the right speed for cursor movement yet. Hit detection is a bit off compared to Diablo 3.
Does the game have WASD movement or is it Click to Move like Diablo 2?

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
I can't for the life of me figure out mana reservation math. I even respeced one of my 80s and I was still wrong. I'm trying to figure out how many passives it would take to run 3 auras. So get them down to 33%. The only unique I'd want is alphas howl, so take another 8% from that and include a level 19 or 20 reduced mana. How many passives would I need? If anyone is bored I'd really appreciate the help.

Edit: wait, does quality on rm affect mana reservation now?

10bux fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 24, 2013

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Can someone explain the new league? I started on Standard since that's where my old characters are, am I missing out on anything important?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I think I've finally figured out all my spectral throw dagger build, as a ranger.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...rkFLWBLeu907Q==

I've got plenty of damage boosts, and I can start going up to Eldritch Battery and get the Nightstalker dagger boosts if needed or to support a third aura. Life total is decently high (182%, but regen is only 1% and 8% to all resistances is also low) so I'll probably have to get Enduring Cry.

Spectral Throw + LMP + Faster Attacks + either Weapon Elemental or Added Fire to start

Warlord's Curse for more leech + charge generation.

Either Clarity or Hatred for first aura, hopefully with 15% then later 20% reduced reserved mana I can run two with Mark and the mana leech. Probably going Clarity to start then Hared later once I'm leeching enough.

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008

Jackard posted:

Click to move. I've been screwing around with configs to make the left stick do cursor movement and the left mouse button at the same time - basically move the stick left, your character moves left. Right now, it works OK for just getting around, but combat is a bit awkward, so I keep going back to the left stick just moving the cursor. I have the mouse sensitivity down to 25 to 30, and it does OK for melee and ranged combat. I'm still messing with it because I do occasionally find the mouse aim erratic in combat. It works fine like 90% of the time, though, so my cursor speed just needs to be dropped a few points, I think.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

10bux posted:

Edit: wait, does quality on rm affect mana reservation now?

I think I misread the note on the wiki. So probably not.

As for helping with your problem, I would - but I'm not sure I've understood the formula correctly, because if I have the description on the wiki is a bit dumb.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 24, 2013

melon farmer
Oct 28, 2009

Demicol posted:

Can someone explain the new league? I started on Standard since that's where my old characters are, am I missing out on anything important?

Sort of but not really. Biggest perk is a fresh economy. Only lasts 4 months. The new domination-specific gameplay mechanic is Shrines - click them for some really cool effects that are yours temporarily, but they're surrounded by monsters who benefit from them until you can get there. There will be a couple exclusive uniques, probably.

Jackard posted:

No WASD but you can bind one of the keys on your action bar to "move only" and make that key something near your thumb if you want. I use T and rebind it to X, a lot of streamers use left-click.

A Tartan Tory posted:

Also, anyone else find the music in this game absolutely amazing? I'm really impressed with the work and care thats obviously gone into setting the mood.

Yeah the soundtrack is amazing. Second to skyrim on my all time list.

melon farmer fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 24, 2013

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Also, anyone else find the music in this game absolutely amazing? I'm really impressed with the work and care thats obviously gone into setting the mood.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

ImpulseDrive posted:

Click to move. I've been screwing around with configs to make the left stick do cursor movement and the left mouse button at the same time - basically move the stick left, your character moves left. Right now, it works OK for just getting around, but combat is a bit awkward, so I keep going back to the left stick just moving the cursor. I have the mouse sensitivity down to 25 to 30, and it does OK for melee and ranged combat. I'm still messing with it because I do occasionally find the mouse aim erratic in combat. It works fine like 90% of the time, though, so my cursor speed just needs to be dropped a few points, I think.
How unfortunate. I wish more of these PC buttonmashers were like Magicka. :(

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

A Tartan Tory posted:

Yeah its great. After I've played a game like this long enough I usually just mute the music, but for this game I like to keep it low and ambient.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

A Tartan Tory posted:

I noticed this during the act 2 boss. I was like "you know what, that's pretty dang good, good job game!", and then again in the later portions of act 3(pre-release).
It's not the best music ever in the history of games, but it definitely has it's moments.

voltron lion force posted:

Yeah its great. After I've played a game like this long enough I usually just mute the music, but for this game I like to keep it low and ambient.

Hey, yeah. I usually mute games too, but not this one. I guess that speaks for itself.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

melon farmer posted:

Currency stuff

You should also note that the new leagues do not have increased item quantity outside of a few uniques, so the amount of currency that drops will be lower and therefore probably worth more relative to the items.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

A Tartan Tory posted:

Anyone who says this hasn't sat in town for an hour and listened to that repetitive, maudlin town music over and over.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

JebanyPedal posted:

Anyone who says this hasn't sat in town for an hour and listened to that repetitive, maudlin town music over and over.

Yes because music that most people mute after their first play through is indicative of uncaring developers.

edit: oh haha I'm horrible at reading. Sorry, didn't see he was specifically talking about the music.

Well anyway for some content, the environments in this game are all really cool. Act 3 has such a bizarre, dead-world feel to it that I just love.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Violently Car posted:

You should also note that the new leagues do not have increased item quantity outside of a few uniques, so the amount of currency that drops will be lower and therefore probably worth more relative to the items.
Yeah, my only notions of pricing came from the end of Anarchy and some time in Standard and things seem really cheap. But it's just that nobody's rolling in Chaos orbs yet so those are comparatively expensive.

JebanyPedal posted:

Kinda begs the question... why would you?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

JebanyPedal posted:

I like that town music. :ohdear:

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
also should add to the newbie guide How to Trade in Path of Exile

Dude: Selling Kaom's Heart.
You: How much for the Kaom's Heart?
Dude: Make an offer.
You: Ugh.. 25 Exalted orbs?
Dude: lol nub
You: :suicide:

melon farmer
Oct 28, 2009

jerkstore77 posted:

also should add to the newbie guide How to Trade in Path of Exile

Dude: Selling Kaom's Heart.
You: How much for the Kaom's Heart?
Dude: Make an offer.
You: Ugh.. 25 Exalted orbs?
Dude: lol nub
You: :suicide:

3 Trade Chat Scams You Shouldn't Fall For:

1) "WTB 20 alterations for a chaos"
What you should to instead: you can vendor 16 alts into 8 jeweler's, which you can vendor for 2 fusings. Turn your 2 fusings into a chaos in trade chat (this is one of the most stable exchange rates there is) and take your 4 saved alts and buy something nice.

2) "WTB any lvl 20 gem for <something middling>"
What you should do instead: take your lvl 20 gem, trade it along with a GCP into any vendor, and take the resulting lvl 1 20% Quality gem and make money.

3) "WTB any 7% or higher quality gem for an alc"
What you should do instead: save up those small Q gems until they total 40%, then vendor the 40%-sum-batch for a GCP, which typically trades for 7-8 alc's.

Buying gems:
- Most quest reward gems shouldn't cost you more than a chaos.
- If it's from A1N or early A2N, don't pay more than an Alc.
- Exception: Reduced Mana was always 2 Chaos, at least in Anarchy.
- Drop-only gems have their own prices, GMP is usually 2 GCP at the start of ladder but was 1 GCP or even 2 chaos by the end. Multistrike is 2 GCP but good luck finding sellers. Portal is a GCP or 2 but may go up now that Cast on Death makes it potentially useful for people beyond the lazies who can't be bothere to pick up portal scrolls. Many formerly drop-only gems were added as quest rewards in act 3x so there's that as well.

edit: vvv Kripparian answers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk8XWOPoek8

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

What sort of gear/gems should I be holding on to in my stash, if any? I don't really know yet what to sell unidentified, what to sell identified, and what to hang on to (beyond immediately-equipped upgrades that is).

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 24, 2013

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

melon farmer posted:

a GCP, which typically trades for 7-8 alc's.

I couldn't find any takers offering my GCP for 6 alch's. Guess I need to hop more trade channels or wait for the market to settle a little.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Violently Car posted:

Oh snap, didn't realize this. Makes the Sadima's Touch I had drop for me in Nemesis all the cooler a find.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

JawnV6 posted:

I couldn't find any takers offering my GCP for 6 alch's. Guess I need to hop more trade channels or wait for the market to settle a little.

Trading currency is a bitch in general unless you're working in bulk or willing to accept a really, really raw deal. A slight discount helps, but it can still take a while to find someone willing to bite.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Trading currency is a bitch in general unless you're working in bulk or willing to accept a really, really raw deal. A slight discount helps, but it can still take a while to find someone willing to bite.

This is true but also there are suddenly a poo poo TON of people suddenly playing who have absolutely no idea how any of the currencies work. I think that unless you find someone just giving stuff away, holding on to your items for a week or so is a really good idea at this point.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Never, ever, deal with assholes that want you to offer first. If they want you to offer first, it's because of one of only a few reasons:
  • They don't know how much the item is worth.
  • They are hoping someone will offer more than the item is worth.
  • They want to laugh at noobs who will almost always offer less than what the item is worth.
If it's a reputable player, they will name a fair price, publicly, in trade chat where everyone can see it.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Claws count as One Handed Melee weapons, right? I couldn't use Cleave when i socketed it into a Claw even though I didn't see any restriction on Cleave :saddowns:
Decided to re-roll a Shadow and just want to go pure Attack Speed & Life On Hit. Just want to make sure before I go and spec into One Handed passives.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Alright, so this game is actually really fun. 420 spam zombies every day.

Sent a PM for the guild with my Steam profile and character name. Somegoon help a newb' out.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Claws count as One Handed Melee weapons, right? I couldn't use Cleave when i socketed it into a Claw even though I didn't see any restriction on Cleave :saddowns:
Decided to re-roll a Shadow and just want to go pure Attack Speed & Life On Hit. Just want to make sure before I go and spec into One Handed passives.

Yes, claws are one handed weapons. Cleave specifically says "axes and swords only". When in doubt, consult the wiki.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

melon farmer posted:

Currency, or "what the gently caress do you mean there's no gold"
This is a good overview so I put it in the OP. :)

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
So, this game is great.

It sucks that I have to beat the game once to play a Scion though. The super hybrid is a really appealing idea.

About how long does it take to beat the game on normal? Or Domination, which is what it stuck me in by default?

I have a level 7 Witch right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Annath posted:

So, this game is great.

It sucks that I have to beat the game once to play a Scion though. The super hybrid is a really appealing idea.

About how long does it take to beat the game on normal? Or Domination, which is what it stuck me in by default?

I have a level 7 Witch right now.

Should be do-able in a night, especially if your in a party. Domination might take a little bit longer simply because there will be harder mobs.

For reference, in Nemesis last night, by the time I logged off, the person in first place on the ladder almost go to the end of Act 3 on Merciless, i.e. the end of the game. The game had only been relaunched for 13 hours or so at that point.

• Locked thread