Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Every time I want Chex Mix I realize I could just buy a bag of pretzels and leave the other poo poo at the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Those rye chip things are pretty dank. On the other hand, the pretzels they put in the pre-made stuff are about as tasty as packing peanuts though so it's a mixed bag. :xd:

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Does anyone else remember a commercial in the early 90s that had the kids from Peanuts making chex mix by puring all the ingredients in a ziploc bag and shaking it up? I swear I remember that, and it's how I've always made chex mix, but I've never seen it included in the instructions that come on the back of the box.

First batch of the season is in the oven. Goddamn I love homemade chex mix (gently caress that premade stuff, that poo poo is awful)

Probably because they were making muddy buddies and not chex mix. And muddy buddies from the bag own.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Yeah no.

mastershitter
Aug 10, 2013

by Lowtax

paragon1 posted:

Seems like PYF is just slowly shutting down. Like an old man going through systemic organ failure, but with posting.

same, but with all forums

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I need a thread where quotes are discussed because this quote is my favorite right now.

quote:

We had a vote and something awful has decided to all go Islamic. Allahu ackbar *pulls ripcord and a bunch of dildos fly out of my vest*

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

AGH whoever bought you that avatar is a real jerk and I wish some generous goon or merciful mod would give you your horrible sexy GRRM avatar back.

The avatar is hosted on the SA servers image directory rather than the "titles" directory, and it's got an actual filename rather than an avatar ID. This points towards an angry moderator being the source.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Also it's 150x150 so that's another dead give away.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Penguingo posted:

The avatar is hosted on the SA servers image directory rather than the "titles" directory, and it's got an actual filename rather than an avatar ID. This points towards an angry moderator being the source.

Haha, same with yours.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shifty Nipples posted:

I need a thread where quotes are discussed because this quote is my favorite right now.

Also thank god you can't report closed threads because otherwise I would be in some hot water right now from that.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Yeah also complicated reposting it, "quote god drat you!".

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
My favorite "whatever" is finding the EXACT FIGURINE from Doom House in my aunt's basement today. Seriously. I took a video:

http://youtu.be/_fP5_npDt2k

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DoctorWhat posted:

My favorite "whatever" is finding the EXACT FIGURINE from Doom House in my aunt's basement today. Seriously. I took a video:

That's cool. Did you buy a videogame hat with the proceeds?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGmWHxZKrbk

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I just owned every video game player forever by touching real boobs.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I bet a lot of video game players touch their only-too-real boobs every day.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Your own don't count. :rolleyes:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Jerry Cotton posted:

I bet a lot of video game players touch their only-too-real boobs every day.

Manmaries don't count and all of you shameful nerds know it. :colbert:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

paragon1 posted:

Seems like PYF is just slowly shutting down. Like an old man going through systemic organ failure, but with posting.
Which thread is which organ?

Is the meme thread a cloaca?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The meme thread is the appendix. A vestigial humor leftover from the dawn of the forums which serves no purpose now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The meme thread is the appendix. A vestigial humor leftover from the dawn of the forums which serve no purpose now.

I.e. the only bit of humour left here.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I don't much about the meme thread, but the Ban/Probation thread was definitely the spleen.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The quotes thread was the pancreas and now that it's not functioning the forums have diabetes :(

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

I'm imagining your girlfriend sitting on the couch, arms crossed, impatiently waiting for you to finish bragging to the internet that she just let you grope her.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I'm imagining your girlfriend sitting on the couch, arms crossed, impatiently waiting for you to finish bragging to the internet that she just let you grope her.

Which is odd, because I'm pretty sure that AGH has always stated that he's gay *shrug* Which might explain why she'd be sat there impatiently waiting, I guess.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If he's gay how can he touch a boob? I thought gays were allergic to boobs.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
No matter what sexual orientation you are, when a hot babe says touch a titty, you touch a titty.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I'm imagining you imagining GLISTENING HODOR, tongue protruding from your mouth with the effort, pencil at the ready to jot down notes on e.g. decor of room, bearing of girlfriend.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
If anyone want to make new PYF Ban/Probation or PYF Quotes threads, feel free to make them. The mods have decided that instead of reopening the old ones, we are just going to start fresh.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

No matter what sexual orientation you are, when a hot babe says touch a titty, you touch a titty.

I suspect you were actually drunk, and misheard 'you're so lovely', and right now she's probably filing the paperwork with the cops :colbert:

vvv I believe he actually died 40 years ago, it's just taken a while for his body to catch up.

SybilVimes has a new favorite as of 21:08 on Oct 27, 2013

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I know it's super lame to be upset by celebrities passing, but goddamn. I thought Lou Reed would outlive us all : (

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

In keeping with the spirit of the month, it's recently been released that he was in fact always dead, and that it was only his ghost we grew to love.

I'd cite my sources but they don't exist.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The meme thread is the appendix. A vestigial humor leftover from the dawn of the forums which serves no purpose now.

The appendix's true function is as a storage for good stomach bacteria to restart the digestive system after a stomach infection. The meme thread is where the funny is actually stored in the forums, to leak out after it has all been shitted away.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

NotAnArtist posted:

I'd cite my sources but they don't exist.

Well, it's good enough for FOX news...

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

SybilVimes posted:

Well, it's good enough for FOX news...

What a truly unique joke that has never been made before

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The bar I'm in is playing Transformer, it's nice. I'm having a second ridiculous herb-y martini in Lou's honor, while wearing a leather jacket. I think aging hipsters across the county are probably doing the same thing, and it's oddly comforting.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Crow Jane posted:

The bar I'm in is playing Transformer, it's nice. I'm having a second ridiculous herb-y martini in Lou's honor, while wearing a leather jacket. I think aging hipsters across the county are probably doing the same thing, and it's oddly comforting.

Why are you posting on the internet at a bar instead of talking to real life human beings who are within touching distance and likely aren't secretly colossal nerds who put together little plastic space men on a saturday night?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Why are you posting on the internet at a bar instead of talking to real life human beings who are within touching distance and likely aren't secretly colossal nerds who put together little plastic space men on a saturday night?

Because my friend went to the bathroom and the bartender was busy. I'm home now, though.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Crow Jane posted:

Because my friend went to the bathroom and the bartender was busy. I'm home now, though.

Instead of instinctively reaching into your purse and pulling out your phone so you could tell weirdos on the internet about the music selection at the bar, maybe you should have absorbed your surroundings. Maybe even play mental fashion police with the clientele, or worked up the nerve and struck up a conversation with the hot [appropriate gender pronoun] sitting a few stools down from you. But what do I know? I'm just a moderately retarded dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Crow jane and I are in the same neighborhood so I don't mind the bar talk

• Locked thread