Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lonter
Oct 12, 2012

DatonKallandor posted:

I hope they never fix the fact that all servers are mag-pool instead of ammo-pool. It makes playing support so much better - ammo bags actually work when every pubbie throws away a mag after every round fired.

Is this how it's supposed to work in HC? Shouldn't you be able to at least save the half empty clip for later?

And it seems the ammo pouches resupply explosives now. At least they resupply my own airburst grenades - slowly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

The starting MBT LAW is laughably bad as an AT weapon, I honestly feel like I'm more effective using the Assault GL against armor

Like for real does it even do bonus damage if you hit the rear, or does it always do that awful top-attack poo poo?

Jalapeno0
Mar 9, 2013
Is anyone able to do a search for the KFC server? I have been trying to find the drat thing but I just cant, I copy and past the server name into the search field but get "no server found" (this is with all filters off). Trying to get it on my favorites list while im at work so i can just jump into it when im able to play later.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Jalapeno0 posted:

Is anyone able to do a search for the KFC server? I have been trying to find the drat thing but I just cant, I copy and past the server name into the search field but get "no server found" (this is with all filters off). Trying to get it on my favorites list while im at work so i can just jump into it when im able to play later.

Make sure you have custom in your filters, it's showing under custom due to mustard flipping the reload switch so it does ammo pool instead of mag pool (dice implemented the variable in reverse).

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Jalapeno0 posted:

I actually have a problem with full servers not showing up, but can't seem to find the button that says to not do that. Server queue also doesn't work. :(

ed

Is there an FPS counter console command?

Someone yesterday or the day before mentioned a console command that seemed to help with performance. Any idea what that's about?

Zuhzuhzombie!! fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 29, 2013

chajusong
Oct 18, 2002

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

I actually have a problem with full servers not showing up, but can't seem to find the button that says to not do that. Server queue also doesn't work. :(

ed

Is there an FPS counter console command?

Someone yesterday or the day before mentioned a console command that seemed to help with performance. Any idea what that's about?

perfoverlay.drawfps 1 for fps. Not sure on the performance command though.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Maaan, I never got my BF4 "I WAS THERE" dogtag even though I have the BF3 one.

B...but I WAS there man, I was! :saddowns:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

DrPop posted:

The starting MBT LAW is laughably bad as an AT weapon, I honestly feel like I'm more effective using the Assault GL against armor

Like for real does it even do bonus damage if you hit the rear, or does it always do that awful top-attack poo poo?
Seems like it always does the top-attack. Its one of those irritating weapons that's actually pretty good en masse but is awful to use by yourself. It means everyone is unhappy with it since tankers just get whittled down by attacks they can do nothing about while engineers get those 21 vehicle hit xp points.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Ravenfood posted:

Seems like it always does the top-attack. Its one of those irritating weapons that's actually pretty good en masse but is awful to use by yourself. It means everyone is unhappy with it since tankers just get whittled down by attacks they can do nothing about while engineers get those 21 vehicle hit xp points.

Yeah it's also incredibly frustrating as a tanker because you'll just be puttering along then all of the sudden HARD LOCK MISSILE INCOMING TONE BUT SMOKE DOES NOTHING WHOOPS

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

lonter posted:

Is this how it's supposed to work in HC? Shouldn't you be able to at least save the half empty clip for later?

And it seems the ammo pouches resupply explosives now. At least they resupply my own airburst grenades - slowly.

Don't know about HC, but the way it works now in regular is that you grab a new magazine when you reload, which throws away anything still in the current one. It's loving great.

Also the new ammo bag mechanics are great - they're just tiny ammo boxes. They're slower when it comes to refilling the big stuff (stuff that goes boom), but they can do it. But they refill regular bullets practically instantly, and they're not consumed on doing it.

So now there's a choice between a single box that refills explosives fast with a good AoE or two bags that refill explosives slower with a small AoE. Do you want to support two places at once? Ammo bag. Do you want to hold down a single point forever? Ammo box.

Jalapeno0
Mar 9, 2013

ragzilla posted:

Make sure you have custom in your filters, it's showing under custom due to mustard flipping the reload switch so it does ammo pool instead of mag pool (dice implemented the variable in reverse).

Thanks Ragzilla,
That worked!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Randler posted:

The tactical visor does not work if you have Aiming set to "Click Button", you have to use the "Hold Button" setting for it to work.
Wow that is so loving :dice:, that explains a lot. I thought it was just broken rear end poo poo (which it is)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

DatonKallandor posted:

I hope they never fix the fact that all servers are mag-pool instead of ammo-pool. It makes playing support so much better - ammo bags actually work when every pubbie throws away a mag after every round fired.

So that's why it feels like I run out of ammo so quickly :v:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shima Honnou posted:

So that's why it feels like I run out of ammo so quickly :v:

It took a couple hours of gaming before I noticed it too :3: , and I only noticed it when I was snipingbeing useless.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

It took a couple hours of gaming before I noticed it too :3: , and I only noticed it when I was snipingbeing useless.

Speaking of, what's the consensus on sniper rifles? The stock one seems to not do damage over 70 points.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

DatonKallandor posted:

Don't know about HC, but the way it works now in regular is that you grab a new magazine when you reload, which throws away anything still in the current one. It's loving great.

Really annoying with the 200 round LMG though!

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Speaking of, what's the consensus on sniper rifles? The stock one seems to not do damage over 70 points.

I could swear I've been one-shotted by a bolt action at close range that wasn't a headshot.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
What's the Tactical Visor, is it gonna be a big deal if I can't access it because I always do click-to-ADS?

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

lonter posted:

Really annoying with the 200 round LMG though!

If you've got an LMG, why aren't you throwing ammo packs around ?

John Magnum posted:

What's the Tactical Visor, is it gonna be a big deal if I can't access it because I always do click-to-ADS?

I finished the SP just fine without every using it.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

So what's the deal with your exp if your game crashes? Is the entire game you just played pointless or does it update Battlelog after the round ends even though you're sitting at your desktop. gently caress crash to desktops.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

So what's the deal with your exp if your game crashes? Is the entire game you just played pointless or does it update Battlelog after the round ends even though you're sitting at your desktop. gently caress crash to desktops.

I played a couple rounds this morning for the first time, and it crashed after my first round. But it saved all the XP information and I didn't lose it.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You only loose your progress if the servers crashes. Not sure what happens if you log into the server again though.

Orv
May 4, 2011

DrPop posted:

I could swear I've been one-shotted by a bolt action at close range that wasn't a headshot.

From ~45 meters and closer a chest shot with the starting sniper is a kill.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

John Magnum posted:

I had no idea why being handed binoculars was a big deal at one point, since I never pulled them up and had no problems with it. I'd had tutorials off from the beta and so had no idea how to use them.

-Dethstryk- posted:

I played a couple rounds this morning for the first time, and it crashed after my first round. But it saved all the XP information and I didn't lose it.
Same.

I still have my problem from beta where the first time I spawn in in a round (and SP) my character runs forward without any ability for me to control him for a few seconds. Its like the key gets "stuck: and I just drift whatever direction I first pressed. Anyone else?

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

jisforjosh posted:

Operation Locker looks to be a fun map. Sadly I played it on a 64 player server and it was not a fun map.

I think it'll be the new Metro until the revamped Metro is released. It's a spectacular linear meatgrinder that's boring as poo poo to play, but a great experience farm spot.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
I love that Recon has a non sniper rifle from the get go as well. Got several good C4 kills last night after being able to take out a couple of guys guarding a tank. Never would have happened with bolt action/pistol.

Though I was getting mauled by Engineers with the Rex last night.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Still trying to get a handle on the stupidly exaggerated bullet drop. I think they'll 1 hit kill on a chest shot at very close ranges. Prefer 'sniping' with the DMRs or Carbines. I think the muzzle velocity is what's throwing me for a loop, it feels a lot slower than BF3 and definitely slower than BC2.

Being able to actually toss C4 an appreciable distance sure is nice.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

I love that Recon has a non sniper rifle from the get go as well. Got several good C4 kills last night after being able to take out a couple of guys guarding a tank. Never would have happened with bolt action/pistol.

Been a while since I started BF3, but I believe the snipers started with the Mk11 and SVD, which are both more of a close/medium range rifle. Most of the semis in BF3 are disturbingly good with an acog/red dot and used on the offensive.

Most pubbies don't get this as they only know about using 12x m98s from five feet away.

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

What weapon is that?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

How do the tanks feels this time around? Are there any maps that focus on lots of ground vehicles duking it out?

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

Still trying to get a handle on the stupidly exaggerated bullet drop. I think they'll 1 hit kill on a chest shot at very close ranges. Prefer 'sniping' with the DMRs or Carbines. I think the muzzle velocity is what's throwing me for a loop, it feels a lot slower than BF3 and definitely slower than BC2.

Being able to actually toss C4 an appreciable distance sure is nice.

Problem for me is that I wasn't having much trouble sniping in BETA. :( I'm a terrible sniper so maybe it needed some nerfing.

SaucyLoggins posted:

What weapon is that?

I couldn't tell you the name or anything. Just a non sniper/iron sight automatic rifle or PDW.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Sandweed posted:

You only loose your progress if the servers crashes. Not sure what happens if you log into the server again though.

If you reconnect after a disconnect, the server clears your stats and starts collecting them again, so if you had a good round you're better off staying off the server until the map changes.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Problem for me is that I wasn't having much trouble sniping in BETA. :( I'm a terrible sniper so maybe it needed some nerfing.

I couldn't tell you the name or anything. Just a non sniper/iron sight automatic rifle or PDW.

I didn't have one. Are you sure you didn't unlock carbines or something before playing sniper ?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Oh my God command is so fun whenever you have access to Tomahawks. :allears: Had someone on the other team just yell out "LOL I JUST GOT TOMAHAWKED" I hope that never stops. I've cleared out so many roof wookies with these things.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

I didn't see this. What level are you? I'm only level 3 and still have to run around with the sniper rifle when I want to be a Spec Ops man.

Also yes I'm so happy you can throw C4 a few meters now. There was a guy huddled in a concrete building and I was able to toss a charge to the wall of the 2nd floor and blast it away.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

pylb posted:

I didn't have one. Are you sure you didn't unlock carbines or something before playing sniper ?
I read that post and immediately went to check recon out. I haven't unlocked carbines yet, and I had nothing but the starting sniper rifle available to me.

Incidentally, the P90 is a really interesting change from the MX4 by default. 50 round capacity and two full reloads with almost all of the functionality of the MX4. The problem is that those reloads go by really fast when you forget you're on a mag-reload system.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Batham posted:

I think it'll be the new Metro until the revamped Metro is released. It's a spectacular linear meatgrinder that's boring as poo poo to play, but a great experience farm spot.

It's nowhere near as bad as Metro where you essentially had one giant bottleneck just inside the station. There's lots of small, alternate pathways inside the prison itself and all five points can be accessed from outside it along the northern part of the map.

Ularg posted:

Oh my God command is so fun whenever you have access to Tomahawks. :allears: Had someone on the other team just yell out "LOL I JUST GOT TOMAHAWKED" I hope that never stops. I've cleared out so many roof wookies with these things.

I just like watching them blow stuff up. Stuff blows up real good in this game. :)

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Are you sure you didn't unlock Carbine usage while playing as an Engineer or something? I'm looking at Recon and my only options are the default sniper rifle and the first carbine that I unlocked by playing as Engineer.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
Yeah, sorry guys, I guess that's the case. I'm only level 3 so I didn't think I had unlocked anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Ugh they seriously took all the complaints about NF3 unlocks and said to themselves: people want to start with shorty defaults! I'm trying to get away from GTA Online thank you

Dice.gif

• Locked thread