Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Rapdawg posted:

I'm only three episodes in and have come back here blinding my eyes from spoilers but I would dress like a normal guy, not even particularly like what pop culture tells us farmers look like, and just go around casually introducing yourself or having your friends introduce you as "I'm John Peters, you know, the farmer?". If you want ultra bonus points- gently caress I may steal this idea -get buisiness cards that simply have:

John Peters
The Farmer

"John Peters, you know, the farmer?"

The company slogan part of course would be centered and presented in the same way an actually one would be.

The slogan should just be "You know, the Farmer?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011

Look Under The Rock posted:

All these nerds dressing up as Cecil for Halloween...make a Station Management costume, scrubs!

With a purchased wig, a borrowed mask, and rummaging through the depths of my closet, I will be The Faceless Old Woman Who Lives In Your Home. Oh, I should get a copy of Infinite Jest from the library...

Edit: I am the worst at tags

Dimloep fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 25, 2013

Giant Wallet
Jan 1, 2010
I have just caught up having listened to all the podcasts to and from work after a friend's fiancee reposted a WTNV status and piqued my interest. maxnmona you and your crew are doing a fantastic job, it's so fun to listen to. I'm really looking forward to seeing a live show in LA (if I'm one of the people who gets tickets within the first 30 seconds, obviously).

I'm really fond of the Faceless Old Woman Who Lives In Your Home. But now I'm re-reading all my books to see which ones she hosed with.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Oh hey. Remember how in Poetry Week the townsfolk (and Dana) were lured into the Dog Park because of the writing by E? Old Woman Josie assumed that the E was for Erika, but we did learn this week that The Man In The Tan Jacket, who can walk within the Dog Park, also has an E name.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Archenteron posted:

Oh hey. Remember how in Poetry Week the townsfolk (and Dana) were lured into the Dog Park because of the writing by E? Old Woman Josie assumed that the E was for Erika, but we did learn this week that The Man In The Tan Jacket, who can walk within the Dog Park, also has an E name.

But Everett seems like such a nice fellow. With his tan jacket and deerskin suitcase full of flies that speak German.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
And Earnest may, or may not, have helped to save the town alongside the (rear end in a top hat) Apache Tracker and Mayor Pamela Winchell. Hes just a nice all around guy with a winning... uh, a great tan jacket!

skypunk
Apr 26, 2007

MY SMILE IS GONE FOR GOOD!

maxnmona posted:

Most of the weather songs are by artists that are successful, full-time touring musicians with fairly large followings. The only exceptions I can think of off the top of my head are Mount Moon and Seth Boyer and maybe the guy from Barcelona we featured last time. I have no idea what his career is like.

I'm not a successful, full-time touring musician with a fairly large following!? I have, like, 850 twitter followers.

*sob*

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I just wanted to be one of the many voices that say that they love the podcast. I overheard some people at NYCC talking about it, and just today I finally caught up with listening to the archives. Now I'm scared and confused and kicking myself for not finding out about this sooner.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
are you sure it's you kicking yourself?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
We're doing a live episode taping at The Bell House in Brooklyn on 12/18. Tickets on sale at 11am EST.

http://www.thebellhouseny.com/event/411009-welcome-night-vale-brooklyn/

Cheng Pu
Aug 12, 2005
Poe Theed
Clever Betty
F5'd right as 11 rolled around and all available tickets were already in shopping carts. :(

VVV late show to the rescue again, thanks!

Cheng Pu fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 30, 2013

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

We added a late show that, last I checked, still had tickets: http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/411575?utm_medium=bks&wrKey=BD7AAC0A8502307895A0160CB27FEFC9

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

and to think we shall perform on the very same stage once farted upon by David Cross

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
I saw the How Did This Get Made crowd perform there.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Earwicker posted:

and to think we shall perform on the very same stage once farted upon by David Cross

How far you've come!

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Started listening to this last year, but fell off in January when I moved from Korea to Japan. I saw the thread and got reminded of a few weeks ago, and have just caught up.

I have to say, the podcast is fantastic. I've never really listened to podcasts before, because they are typically just some people who may, or may not, like something talking about that something. Now I have WTNV and have discovered the Thrilling Adventure Hour!

I just spent too much time in the NV store and ended up with bumper stickers, post cards, scout pins, and a mug. I can't wait for them to arrive! I'll likely start monthly donations next month.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Due to a miscommunication, me and my friend now have two extra tickets to the early show at the Bell House in Brooklyn. If you want to buy them, you should talk to me, because I would like to sell then to you.

I promise I will not exsanguinate you when handing over the tickets.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Interview with The Backlot that gets into a bunch of stuff: http://www.thebacklot.com/cecil-baldwin-jeffrey-cranor-welcome-to-night-vale/10/2013/

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Due to a miscommunication, me and my friend now have two extra tickets to the early show at the Bell House in Brooklyn. If you want to buy them, you should talk to me, because I would like to sell then to you.

I promise I will not exsanguinate you when handing over the tickets.

I would be very interested. How do I get in contact with you? I don't have platinum or AIM.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
My favorite fanart of Cecil so far: Cecil as a cuttelfish.

http://daftalchemist.tumblr.com/post/65607006014/raideo-ok-uh-i-guess-this-warrants-some

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

I'm oddly okay with this.

On the subject of fanart, I've noticed one small detail that I like. Not also does everyone have their own mental image of the characters, but everyone draws the trophy Cecil got for Carlos different, too. :allears:

elpintogrande
Sep 3, 2000

Neo GBS exploded so I moved this thread to the podcast forum. I can move it somewhere else.

On the subject of the new episode, I loved computer's voice and the way it builds in the farm report and I thought the weather was fantastic. One of the best yet.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Thanks, guy who wrote all that stuff! (Really good job, I love the episode too.)

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
The new episode was great! I'm going to have to re-listen soon because listening while driving down the freeway I couldn't quite make out all of the computer's speech over the road noise.

Also, I made a Thrilling Adventure Hour thread last week so we don't clog up the Night Vale thread with TAH stuff.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

The weather song in this episode is really really great

edit: is the dude's name Nilson or Neilson? I want to buy his album but I'm having trouble finding it

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 1, 2013

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Earwicker posted:

The weather song in this episode is really really great

edit: is the dude's name Nilson or Neilson? I want to buy his album but I'm having trouble finding it

Tom Milsom, http://www.tommilsom.com according to the metadata.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Holy poo poo, amazing episode. Computer was a fantastic new character.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Not thrilled about Randall Munroe guest starring in this episode :tbear:

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Not thrilled about Randall Munroe guest starring in this episode :tbear:

The real question is whether Goatse can be applied to his segment to make it somewhat funny. (for reference, I haven't listened to the episode yet)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

For some reason, the "word from our sponsor" segment in this episode made me want to hear Cecil performing an advertisement for Anti-Life.

"Tired of having to choose? Tired of individuality? They try Anti-Life! Anti-Life: it justifies your hatred!"

And yeah, the weather in this episode was incredible.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Some Fitter Happier poo poo in this episode.

Also, the idea of giving birth to a severed man's hand is horrifying to me. Regular pregnancy and birth are freaky enough, but man...that just makes my skin crawl.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Some Fitter Happier poo poo in this episode.

Also, the idea of giving birth to a severed man's hand is horrifying to me. Regular pregnancy and birth are freaky enough, but man...that just makes my skin crawl.

I thought it just showed up, nothing about her giving birth to it, just showed up at their house and they love it all the same!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
"There better be fanart of this episode by the time I get home."

I was not disappointed.

Wandering Knitter fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 2, 2013

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

BooDoug187 posted:

I thought it just showed up, nothing about her giving birth to it, just showed up at their house and they love it all the same!

No, she was born in the Time Traveler episode...which was also written by Zack Parsons.

Guess I know who to blame for giving me the creeps.

Edit: how is she in second grade if she was born like a year ago? I guess it's weird time poo poo/born an adult body part already/who even knows.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Edit: how is she in second grade if she was born like a year ago? I guess it's weird time poo poo/born an adult body part already/who even knows.

It's only been a year for us, but time passes differently in Night Vale.

Seriously great episode, and it's going to be hard for me not to greet everyone with WELCOME TO COMPUTER for a while.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Saw a bunch of Nightvale costumes at the Youmacon anime convention in Detroit the last couple of days. My favorite was Hiram McDaniels, and a woman dressed as a hooded black figure, complete with a sign listing the rules for the dog park. I also think I saw someone dressed as Carlos, where they were wearing a lab jacket, and a black nylon mask with a wig and big white smile attached to it.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Thank crap I finally found the thread again. Had to use Google to find it because it wasn't showing up in forum search. That'll teach me not to bookmark threads...

Thanks for rescuing it from degenerating shitstorm that is now GBS.

Anyway...

Little late to the party, but the new episode is fantastic. I loved how when the weather ended, the computer was there going on a tirade about creating a perfect world. Somehow I just KNEW that it was going to be cutoff mid-sentence because somebody had the presence of mind to unplug the drat thing. I was not disappointed.

Also Nthing the love for this week's weather.

A friend of a friend in Seattle was dressed as Cecil for halloween, only she was dressed as weirdo fan art tattoos-and-third-eye Cecil. :rolleyes:

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

I wish I could erase any memory of ever listening to this podcast.

Just so I could hear every episode for the first time all over again. :allears:

I love you so much, Night Vale.

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
All hail the Glow Cloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Is there a master list somewhere of all of the weather songs, and where I can buy them?