Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

washow posted:

Also did I whine about JDAM being impossible to land yet? Because I want everyone to know how hard it is to land the bombs. Seriously I unlocked it yesterday and I've been dropping the bombs all day today and I managed to land it ONCE. I think it seriously has zero splash damage

No poo poo. I got mine yesterday and did some screwing around in the Test Range. I was getting to the point where I could land bombs one on top of each other on a specific point of my choosing and I smugly went to a live server only to find that the MAA that I was focusing for about 10 bomb runs maybe got hit once or twice for a cool 26 damage and once for a crippling 50 damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Elerion posted:

I have the same problem, but since the borderless seems to also be always on top, there's really no reason not to play fullscreen. Just Alt+Enter when the game opens.

I would just use fullscreen but I like to be able to easily alt-tab to poo poo that I have open in a second monitor. Oh well, I'll just keep doing it my way I guess.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

SpeedyCow posted:

Levolution for the new Metro will be nuking the entire level. You are automatically credited with 20 kills with your equipped weapon, and 50 revives. The server side map files are deleted and the server owner is banned from BF4 for 20 years while the "fallout" clears.

Really there's a huge opportunity if they just include some of the city proper outside the subway a la Locker, but unless they go in a completely different direction than the original I don't know why they sought two "Operation Metros"

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Olive Branch posted:

Hahaha goddamn, goons gonna goon. If that's the real Aatrek, :bravo:
yeah, all other bf4 servers are operated by child rapists! stick with Kentucky Fried Server to avoid consorting with known sexual offenders!

KFS: We Have The Blacklist, Not A "VIP List"

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So the 20 mm cannons for the scout choppers wreck everything that has the misfortune of being made of meat and bones. The downside is with the less than stellar magazine size belt feeder is a needed equip.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

TenementFunster posted:

yeah, all other bf4 servers are operated by child rapists! stick with Kentucky Fried Server to avoid consorting with known sexual offenders!

KFS: We Have The Blacklist, Not A "VIP List"

I vaguely remember some sort of sign up / register list for the KFS server in BF3 (Or BC2?), is that sort of thing going to be coming to BF4 as well?

Think if you did join as a registered dude you could get booted for a member?

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Robot Randy posted:

Has anyone who preordered from Amazon got their gold battlepack yet?

I got mine.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Quick question, how is the infantry vs. vehicle balance in BF4 so far? I loved the hell out of Bad Company 2, but BF3 just felt like if you didn't want to drive a tank or heli around you might as well just not bother trying to do anything.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Celestatiune posted:

Quick question, how is the infantry vs. vehicle balance in BF4 so far? I loved the hell out of Bad Company 2, but BF3 just felt like if you didn't want to drive a tank or heli around you might as well just not bother trying to do anything.

Whatever the first anti tank rocket you get is has the ability to track tanks if you manage to get the projectile close enough.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BadLlama posted:

I vaguely remember some sort of sign up / register list for the KFS server in BF3 (Or BC2?), is that sort of thing going to be coming to BF4 as well?

Think if you did join as a registered dude you could get booted for a member?
visit http://kfs.xxx to get added to The Blacklist!

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Whatever the first anti tank rocket you get is has the ability to track tanks if you manage to get the projectile close enough.

Is that how that LAW thing works? I remember people said it's "fire and forget" but whenever I used it, it never seemed to lock onto anything on its own. If you have to get close to the tank to use it effectively, that seems far more dangerous then just sitting at range and dumb-firing.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
So even at default bullet damages, long-range combat is lethal. I want 3.4x/4x scopes on my assault rifles yesterday.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

OGS-Remix posted:

Is that how that LAW thing works? I remember people said it's "fire and forget" but whenever I used it, it never seemed to lock onto anything on its own. If you have to get close to the tank to use it effectively, that seems far more dangerous then just sitting at range and dumb-firing.

You literally just aim at the tank and if the rocket passes near it it'll home in and smoke the tank. It's the easiest AT weapon in the history of battlefield. It's also really good for taking out tanks at hundreds of meters except for the fact it takes 4-5 shots to kill one.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Celestatiune posted:

Tanks are a threat and if you get caught in the open you're unquestionably dead unless the tanker is stupid. All of the maps have enough variety to prevent you from being steam rolled by vehicles and a lot of it comes down to risking the direct, less cover filled approach to a point or a more indirect approach that is less likely for you to get tank smashed.

The most powerful air vehicle is the scout chopper but it doesn't exactly have a whole lot of staying power. The attack choppers are more for support since they can stay in the fight for longer while not being as wrecking to infantry as a good scout. Jets are kind of poo poo.

OGS-Remix posted:

Its got a pretty good range and is locked the second the crosshairs are over the tank, there's no lockon indicator or anything like that. It is, however, complete and total poo poo at anything other than rotor disabling helicopters that are SOFLAMED or close enough to be locked on.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 30, 2013

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Sedisp posted:

Its got a pretty good range and is locked the second the crosshairs are over the tank, there's no lockon indicator or anything like that. It is, however, complete and total poo poo at anything other than rotor disabling helicopters that are SOFLAMED or close enough to be locked on.

The projectile locks independently and has nothing to do with the actual reticule. All it has to do is pass near the vehicle. You still have to lead fast-movers.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So is Comrade Gustav joining us in BF4 or is there any sort of equivalent to that rear end in a top hat?

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Robot Randy posted:

No, but in 2 layers of support they assured me it would come by the 31st. Someone else in the thread said yes when I asked several pages back.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

OGS-Remix posted:

It's not really poo poo because you have to get close (and you don't, no closer than any other launcher overall really), its poo poo because it gets NO locational damage bonuses. Hit a tank from the front, side, or rear and you're doing 21 damage. At least the RPG is the first AT launcher you can unlock. Never looking back after getting that.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

I've just unlocked the AUG late last night, was playing some TDM earlier this morning. Honestly, the QBZ feels like the best assault rifle to me so far (a few I haven't unlocked yet, though), and you only have to complete the campaign and let the Valkyrie blow up to get it. I'll probably replay the last mission with the Hannah ending to get the P90 eventually, but I refuse to kill Irish off, no way, not worth it... not even for an M249.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 30, 2013

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Robot Randy posted:

I did no problem. But they gave me the code for it back in July when I first pre-ordered. Amazon gave me a code to enter on Origin or something and I did that immediately. Maybe that's got something to do with it.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Kibayasu posted:

It's not really poo poo because you have to get close (and you don't, no closer than any other launcher overall really), its poo poo because it gets NO locational damage bonuses. Hit a tank from the front, side, or rear and you're doing 21 damage. At least the RPG is the first AT launcher you can unlock. Never looking back after getting that.

It is, in my experience, pretty lovely against armored stuff, but wonderful against people. Basically the opposite of any of the BF3 launchers.

It takes like half a dozen hits to kill a tank though, so it is sort of useless for its normal purpose.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

BadLlama posted:

So is Comrade Gustav joining us in BF4 or is there any sort of equivalent to that rear end in a top hat?

Not really, King Carl's reign is over. The LAW is okay against infantry but it's a pretender on the throne.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Been having sound and ambient effects cutting in and out today. It's not a serious problem but it's a little annoying. Anyone found a fix for this yet?

Also on the AV discussion, how are the other PLD friendly launchers working out now that the RPG can't lock anymore? I hope it doesn't change to how it was in BF3 where no one ever used the homing rockets.

pancakemaster808
Oct 4, 2013
How big a deal has this "levelution" idea of theirs been? They made it sound like every map would be torn completely apart by the end, but I was hoping you guys could confirm or deny its awesomeness.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I did no problem. But they gave me the code for it back in July when I first pre-ordered. Amazon gave me a code to enter on Origin or something and I did that immediately. Maybe that's got something to do with it.

Yeah I did this too and got mine.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

pancakemaster808 posted:

How big a deal has this "levelution" idea of theirs been? They made it sound like every map would be torn completely apart by the end, but I was hoping you guys could confirm or deny its awesomeness.

On some maps it's really loving cool (Paracel and Flood Zone) and on some I don't even know whether it's happened/how to make it happen (Golmud and Zavod)

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

DrPop posted:

On some maps it's really loving cool (Paracel and Flood Zone) and on some I don't even know whether it's happened/how to make it happen (Golmud and Zavod)
Also Shanghai, but pretty much everyone already knows about and has seen that one.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Got this error twice on the level where you board Titan:

Faulting application name: bf4.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52668dcb
Faulting module name: bf4.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52668dcb
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000917a2e
Faulting process ID: 0x1084
Faulting application start time: 0x01ced59e63dafc23
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe
Report ID: 5fd2c45f-4193-11e3-beb8-0025648cca25
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Single player would be a lot less frustrating if you didn't have to constantly stand still to use the Qinoculars so you can actually see what the gently caress you're shooting at.

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
Knife counters this game is sick

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

pancakemaster808 posted:

It varies map to map. Flood Zone's map change is fairly substantial where it floods the entire lower part of the entire map or Shanghai where collapsing the skyscraper creates a dust cloud that lasts for the rest of the match. Other maps like Rogue Transmission/Zavod has a fairly impressive looking event with the dish/smokestacks collapsing, but that doesn't change anything except points around them. Paracel Storm is similar to the latter where crashing the destroyer dramatically changes the C point and nothing else but similar to the former in that also causes the storm to kick in which dramatically changes the boat fights where you have to deal with waves twice the height of your boat.

Destruction in general is ramped up a bit though. A lot more walls to take out.

Edit: I think Golmud's is just the train moving closer to your spawn when you hold it because DICE ran out of ideas I guess.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Dvsilverwing posted:

but I refuse to kill Irish off, no way, not worth it... not even for an M249.

Really? I couldn't stand him and wanted nothing more than to be able to put a bullet between his eyes after about 30 seconds of listening to him. When that event came up I pitched him the C4 without a second thought.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

It varies map to map. Flood Zone's map change is fairly substantial where it floods the entire lower part of the entire map or Shanghai where collapsing the skyscraper creates a dust cloud that lasts for the rest of the match. Other maps like Rogue Transmission/Zavod has a fairly impressive looking event with the dish/smokestacks collapsing, but that doesn't change anything except points around them. Paracel Storm is similar to the latter where crashing the destroyer dramatically changes the C point and nothing else but similar to the former in that also causes the storm to kick in which dramatically changes the boat fights where you have to deal with waves twice the height of your boat.

Destruction in general is ramped up a bit though. A lot more walls to take out.

Edit: I think Golmud's is just the train moving closer to your spawn when you hold it because DICE ran out of ideas I guess.

Repost but here's the list of stuff in each map http://mp1st.com/2013/10/28/battlefield-4-officially-launches-levolution-events-detailed/

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Soarer posted:

Really? I couldn't stand him and wanted nothing more than to be able to put a bullet between his eyes after about 30 seconds of listening to him. When that event came up I pitched him the C4 without a second thought.

Why? He's the "caring/wants to save everyone" member of the group, also he has a wife and three kids... Hannah just has a fake husband she lied to you about then had you imprisoned by Chinese people . Pac was cool too, I wish He'd have survived the explosion . Every guy who tried to take charge of the group that wasn't you was a total dick, though.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Oh ho that's handy. I want to see those Resort and Dawnbreaker events.

Send_Ninjas
Oct 10, 2006
Has anyone else had issues with battlelog? When I launch it it opens my webbrowser to a bunch of broken images and terribly formatted tables and I can't get it to work properly. If i click a link at the bottom for the mobile verson I can browser that fine but it won't launch any games because it says i'm not connected on the pc. It's getting pretty frusterating.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

pancakemaster808 posted:

Hainan's mostly seems to just crash the server/cause intense rubber-banding action.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
How's the map design, all told? My barometer: I hated Metro, I quite liked Shanghai.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Space Hamlet posted:

How's the map design, all told? My barometer: I hated Metro, I quite liked Shanghai.

I want you to picture the BF3 maps. The closest map to Metro is two or three times better than the best BF3 map.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I can't even get the game to move beyond "Initializing" Happening in all game modes. Tried updating my drivers, punkbuster, and doing clean installs of Origin and bf4. Still have nothing. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone had this issue and fixed it? Getting pretty annoyed that I paid $60 to stare at battlelog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed in this thread. I applied Premium to my account today, and the number of layers available in the emblem editor doubled from 20 to 40.

• Locked thread