Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
:siren: Goon Racing Club :siren:
Racing every Wednesday at 9:30 PM Eastern Time
If you're new and want to race, add gamertag GutBomb303 and/or whatcubed3 and post in this thread, we'll send you an invite on Live when we're racing.

Next Race: 8/12

Spec: Stock Formula E (Renault Spark) - No Tuning

Tracks: Indianapolis Oval, Silverstone GP

Spec Miata at Prague Reverse

Seasonal Spec
Spec Miata!

Car:
1994 Mazda Miata

Engine:
Exhaust Street
Oil and Cooling Street

Platform and Handling:
Brakes Race
Springs and Dampers Race
Front Anti-Roll Bar Race
Rear Anti-Roll Bar Race
Chassis Reinforcement and Roll Cage Race
Weight Reduction Street

Drivetrain:
Clutch Street

Tires and Rims:
Tires Sport
Upgraded Front Tire Width to 195/50R15
Upgraded Rear Tire Width to 195/50R15
Rim Style any wheel that reduces weight by 10 pounds, so the buddy clubs or the team dynamic pro 2s or any other wheel you find that reduces by 10 pounds.
Front Rim Size 15"
Rear Rim Size 15"
Total Performance Index Should be D371
Any performance upgrade of any kind that is not listed above is not allowed.

Remember, these are spec cars so the spec here is the minimum and maximum. Sport tires means sport tires, not any tire option up to sport. Only sport.

Current Standings

Forza Motorsport 5

Release Date
November 22, 2013

IRC: irc.synirc.net #forzagoons

Forza Motorsport 5 Website

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy_LDyfCANg Official Game Trailer (Dueling McLarens)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPWNXcW4EGs E3 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5fiJ49-o_8 Forza FilmSpeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4llEFK82k Spa Direct Feed Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1wylArdU5o Silverstone GP New Layout Direct Feed in Ariel Atom2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maYgydivvSw Indianapolis Oval Direct Feed in Dallara DW12 Indy Car2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFEdHskMkq4 Sebring Direct Feed Gameplay 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__6lyUbBdWM Official Final Trailer 4

Final Official Car List (Scatterfold, update your list!) (11/6/13)5

Sorted Car List by LiquidRain sorted by manufacturer (11/6/13)6

Google Docs Car list by Scatterfold sorted by manufacturer (10/31/13) 1

Forza Motorsport Track List7
aaaaaaand...the tracks left out of the game:
  • Camino Viejo
  • Fujimi Kaido
  • Hockenheim
  • Infineon
  • Maple Valley
  • Mugello
  • Nurburgring
  • Rally di Positano
  • Road America
  • Sedona
  • Sunset Peninsula
  • Suzuka
  • Tsukuba
  • Twin Ring Motegi

Retail Versions
Retail Edition - $59.95
The standard retail version of the game.

Day One Edition - $59.95
Includes the Day One car pack

Limited Edition - $79.99
Includes the Day One car pack, Limited Edition car pack, VIP Membership (includes the VIP car pack), some Car Tokens, a Steelbook Case, and some Decals

Paddock Pack - $120.00 (Limited to 3,000 units, available at store.forzamotorsport.net)
Includes a Hoodie, waterbottle, valve stem caps, keychain, and Spy Optics sunglasses. Does NOT include the actual game, you can add the LE for just 80 bux!

Car Packs/DLC
So far there are four car packs announced for launch.

As far as DLC is concerned, they have announced a Car Pass that is good for the first six monthly DLC packs, each scheduled to bring 10 additional cars to the game. No pricing has been announced

Day One Car Pack
  • 2010 Audi RS TT Coupe
  • 2013 Ford Focus ST
  • 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera

Limited Edition Car Pack (Available Day One)
  • 2011 Audi RS3 Sportback
  • 2012 Aston Martin Vanquish
  • 2013 Ford M Shelby Mustang GT500
  • 2013 McLaren P1
  • 2013 SRT Viper GTS

VIP Car Pack (Available Day One)
  • 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
  • 1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird
  • 1991 Mazda #55 787B
  • 2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor
  • 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

LaFerrari Car Pack (Available Day One)
  • Ferrari LaFerrari
  • 9 other unannounced cars

What's New
Open wheeled cars!

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps!

Bathurst! (Mount Panorama Circuit)

Online Matchmaking - A new system is being implemented that is supposed to give higher quality racing lobbies.

Forzavista - An expanded version of FM4's Autovista that is to be available for every car in the game.

Drivatars - A new way to power the AI cars, using the driving characteristics of your friends to make the AI drive more realistically.

A load of graphical/audio and Xbox Live related changes due to moving on to the Xbone.

What's gone?
No Porsches, only RUF have been confirmed for the game at this time.

No Unicorn Cars

Racing Wheels
At this time, it has been confirmed through interviews with Turn10 staff that current Xbox 360 wheels and peripherals will not be compatible with the Xbone. New wheels are being developed currently by MadCatz and Thrustmaster that will be compatible with the Xbone and FM5.

I wanna race now!
There are still a lot of us playing FM4 on the 360, pop into the Forza Motorsport 4 thread and find someone to race with.

Updates
FM5 is unreleased and is for an unreleased system. This post will be updated as more details about the game are released. If you have any info you think should be included, feel free to PM me or post it in the thread. I'll note in this section any time major updates are added to this post.

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Looking forward to this, but not as much as I had the previous games. Barely have time to play any games with school and full-time work. But I'll find the time somehow. This is actually the only game coming out for either console that I want to play. I bought my 360 for Forza 2 and I certainly got my money's worth in the long run so I'm sure I will with the Xbox One. Preordered at Best Buy because I had a bunch of gift certificates and rewards.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Minimaul posted:

This is actually the only game coming out for either console that I want to play.
Same here.
I'm starting to save up for a Thrustmaster TX wheel now. If I'm lucky and they're available, I'll have one sometime in February or so (I need a stand, too). To be honest, the Mad Catz wheel looks like a serious effort as well, though I never thought I'd see myself saying such a thing about one of their products. I have always thought their reputation was bargain basement and deservedly so. I'm willing to be open-minded.

As proof of that, I have an XBone and a FM5 LE on pre-order (fingers crossed I don't get screwed out of either) and I've learned one lesson from FM3 and 4: I already buy all the DLC, so I will be buying the Car Pass to save some money.

Any other early-adopters (haha, we're suckers), if you don't know me my GT is Captain Howdy 0. That's a Zero. I like to host races on the weekends. I work 2nd shift so I'm up all night and often start racing late, EST. I end up racing with the opposite side of the world a lot.

Assuming GTCC adopts FM5, that's the goon club I'll be in.

See you guys on the ground floor (retail Gods willing.)

I know there's nothing really ground-breaking about this iteration of FM, unless you count open-wheeled cars (as I am sure some of you do); but that Ariel Atom is jaw-dropping and I can't wait to lap the Tog Gear Test Track in it (assuming it's still in, I haven't been keeping up too closely) and Prague looks cool as hell.

I don't know yet why people love Spa or Bathurst so much, or why people say Abby Dabby sucks (except for the name Tilke, of course) but I, for one, cannot wait to find out... in 1080p @ 60fps.

Honk honk!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dr. Faustus posted:

I don't know yet why people love Spa

A lot of it is this turn right here, which will probably be the sight of a fair few spectacular online wrecks I'd imagine.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

quote:

Paddock Pack - $120.00 (Limited to 3,000 units, available at store.forzamotorsport.net)
Includes a Hoodie, waterbottle, valve stem caps, keychain, and Spy Optics sunglasses

Should also note that the limited edition of the game is an $80 optional extra with the Paddock Pack. That's right kids, a special edition of the game that doesn't contain, y'know, the game.

I can sorta understand the reasoning (people pre-ordering elsewhere) and that it's not new (Dead Space 3 did something similar), but it's still a dumb idea worthy of mockery.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Cannot Find Server posted:

A lot of it is this turn right here, which will probably be the sight of a fair few spectacular online wrecks I'd imagine.

This is the proper way to do it.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
F5 will have sticky grass 100% around the tracks to prevent cheating.

Not to mention there will be pay-for consumables like race tires that will run out of grip and motors that will eventually stop putting out power.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Cannot Find Server posted:

Sweet Jesus!

Between the interesting corners, that crazy long almost straight, and the elevation changes, I can see why this track gets so much love.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dr. Faustus posted:

Sweet Jesus!

Between the interesting corners, that crazy long almost straight, and the elevation changes, I can see why this track gets so much love.

And that's just the first few corners.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
That loving car list is such a mess, how lazy can you be? :psyduck:

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I've got the limited edition already on order at Amazon. I'm not sure why though, I suck at racing games and always get tired of them!

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

burtonos posted:

That loving car list is such a mess, how lazy can you be? :psyduck:

Very lazy it seems. This took 3 minutes in Excel...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqTdPJ9HghHPdHdNWGdCT2ZtaEhpY3E2TlUtS1E5WlE&usp=sharing

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Delusibeta posted:

Should also note that the limited edition of the game is an $80 optional extra with the Paddock Pack. That's right kids, a special edition of the game that doesn't contain, y'know, the game.

I can sorta understand the reasoning (people pre-ordering elsewhere) and that it's not new (Dead Space 3 did something similar), but it's still a dumb idea worthy of mockery.
Yeah, they didn't really make that very clear on that page so I didn't know, but I added that info to the OP.
Thanks, added to OP.

Also, I'm unsure of whether they will still have the same Car Club setup as FM4 or whatever, but I'll add something to keep track of GamerTags and Clubs or whatever to the OP when the game comes out.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyhEHyHDVSs

New small documentary about Audi and confirming Circuit de la Sarthe will be returning in the game as well (Well it was obvious but nice to know).

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

Neat! Thanks.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
I haven't been paying as close attention as I did in the runup to FM3 and FM4, so I apparently missed the bit about "no unicorns." What have they said so far about that? They just didn't like it any more?

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

siig posted:

I haven't been paying as close attention as I did in the runup to FM3 and FM4, so I apparently missed the bit about "no unicorns." What have they said so far about that? They just didn't like it any more?

They said they have a new system to do community events and have a new rewards system, so they felt they didn't need to do Unicorn cars any more, if I remember right.

Also off twitter. Le Mans has the current La Sarthe circuit, Old Mulsanne and they re-added the Bugatti circuit layout as well.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Sex Vicar posted:

they re-added the Bugatti circuit layout as well.
Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
I'm so shell shocked from GT5's car list that I'm genuinely surprised that Chevy and Ferrari have the most cars on the list (at this point) then any other manufacturer :allears:

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

No flag system yet? What the hell, that's the one thing I've looking forward to. Instead of sticky grass how about penalizations? Or disqualifications? Y'know, make it more like any given racing series anywhere.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I want the stupid extra poo poo so much that I ordered the LE of the game even though I don't want to put a stupid disc into my xbone.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Having rescanned my spreadsheet I have to say "Z4 sDrive35is" is an incomprehensibly bad name for a car.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know why they couldn't just call it the z435is.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
MS have setup an Xbone experience thing in a building on my way to work, but every time I walk past it theres a massive queue and I cant be arsed to wait 30 mins to possibly play forza 5. I think i'm gonna have to order the limited edition game even if I dont get the console as soon as its out.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

anime and cars posted:

MS have setup an Xbone experience thing in a building on my way to work, but every time I walk past it theres a massive queue and I cant be arsed to wait 30 mins to possibly play forza 5. I think i'm gonna have to order the limited edition game even if I dont get the console as soon as its out.
If the FM4 LE is anything to go by (and with the price of a console attached, it may well not be) I'd like to buy two. One for me and one to sell once they're all gone.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

If the FM4 LE is anything to go by (and with the price of a console attached, it may well not be) I'd like to buy two. One for me and one to sell once they're all gone.

Monster

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It's a fair cop. But hey, it's a Free Market, too!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 1, 2013

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

New gameplay vids up.

Atom at Sliverstone (New Layout)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1wylArdU5o

Dallara DW12 Indy Car at Indianapolis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maYgydivvSw

T10 still have the best sound wizards :allears:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Man those DW12 tires look so bare without the tire branding.

Also, reading those youtube comments might give you cancer.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I saw Forza 5 in person... it looked too good.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Sex Vicar posted:

New gameplay vids up.

Atom at Sliverstone (New Layout)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1wylArdU5o

Dallara DW12 Indy Car at Indianapolis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maYgydivvSw

T10 still have the best sound wizards :allears:
Cool, added to the OP. Really looking forward to trying out that Atom!

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I just noticed last night that I've earned credits for FM5 in the Forza Rewards. Getting pretty excited to play this.

Road Atlanta will be in the game for sure right? Right!?

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Blow up Silverstone and Indianapolis tracks, the worst tracks ever! Where is Rally Di Positano :mad:

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

WienerDog posted:

I just noticed last night that I've earned credits for FM5 in the Forza Rewards. Getting pretty excited to play this.

Road Atlanta will be in the game for sure right? Right!?

We haven't had an official track list yet.

But so Gentleman Of Leisure can put it in the OP. So far we have

Prague Street Circuit
Bernesse Alps
Spa-Francorchamps
Bathurst
Yas Marina
Laguna Seca
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Circuit De La Sarthe
Top Gear Test Track

Consider me shocked if the usual suspects on the ALMS (Or TUDOR or whatever they call it now) like Sebring, Road America, Road Atlanta and Infineon don't show up since Microsoft's got heavy ALMS sponsorship going.

Also the current rumored slate of new tracks also include Long Beach, Monza, Pacific Raceways and Lime Rock Park. So stay tuned, I guess.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
The so-far car list is pretty drat bland.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

They seem to be saving all the new cars till the end and most are returning. Makes sense since they only revealed the Atom lately.

Speaking of which. They are releasing new videos at a fairly good clip now. Here's a lap around a returning Sebring (That looks monumentally better than the FM3 and 4 versions) with the KTM X-Bow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFEdHskMkq4

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
I want crazy poo poo like a lifted Ka on steelies with a supercharged Coyote. If they'd confirm that I'll preorder every edition and a couple of the water bottle packs.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
The audio better be looked at before the game ships; every time the Atom shifts it sounds like some cheap 8-bit punching sound and the bumper strips are ridiculously overdone this time around. The engine and tire sounds appear spectacular so far though.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

The audio better be looked at before the game ships; every time the Atom shifts it sounds like some cheap 8-bit punching sound and the bumper strips are ridiculously overdone this time around. The engine and tire sounds appear spectacular so far though.

Clearly they need to get Gran Turismo's sound team on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

hitze posted:

Blow up Silverstone and Indianapolis tracks, the worst tracks ever! Where is Rally Di Positano :mad:

I love the location they chose for Rally Di Positano, but I think the actual track layout itself was pretty bad and not very fun to drive around, even though the differing road surfaces were cool. I'd really like to see it redesigned to be a more fun track, because having an exotic location like that makes a nice change from the aforementioned flat race tracks.

I wonder if they'll ever add Monaco to Forza? Most games get around the licensing issues by it being a road course and choosing an alternate name, and since Forza has now introduced open wheel cars I think it would make a pretty fun addition to the series.

• Locked thread