Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
He's just missing commas after 'that' and 'dumb'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Since this came up in Futurefriend's Wario thread: Once you get to Virtual Boy games you're gonna need an emulator, and while vbjin exists and is pretty good, the newest compiled version that you can download there is about a year behind the code and doesn't support features such as setting colors to non-eye-searing ones and side-by-side 3D. Here's vbjin v103, which you'll want to use instead.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Lizard Wizard posted:

I think you may have a rogue auto-correct function there.
Looks that way. I was also in a car.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

Super Mario World (1991)
Part 3/? (LP pt.34) [Youtube]

I didn't spend 15 minutes in a ghost house because I'm bad, it's because IT'S HALLOWEEEEN!! :spooky:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

did you perhaps forget that you could have just grabbed that p-switch and take it into where the coin bridge was?

Also Nintendo / Sega talk was really interesting. I think it is a neat bit of history.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

did you perhaps forget that you could have just grabbed that p-switch and take it into where the coin bridge was?

Or gone through that door under the coins instead of suiciding?

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Man its always bitch bitch bitch with you dorks. We all watching two dudes play mahrio, just chill and let that poo poo slide.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Novum posted:

Man its always bitch bitch bitch with you dorks. We all watching two dudes play mahrio, just chill and let that poo poo slide.

If we were going to slide, it would be twenty-five years of megaman.

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

Tunicate posted:

If we were going to slide, it would be twenty-five years of megaman.

I think Simply Simon beat them to it.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Jet Grind Radio didn't appeal to westerners?

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
I could barely hear what you guys were saying in the last bit because my roommate was too busy complaining about bad playing. Basically don't watch Run Button with other people.

Lemur Crisis
May 6, 2009

What will you do?
Where can you run?

KKKLIP ART posted:

19LettersLong posted:

I didn't spend 15 minutes in a ghost house because I'm bad, it's because IT'S HALLOWEEEEN!! :spooky:

Did you perhaps forget how to read??? Idiot??????

(It was driving me crazy, and now I understand why people kept making posts like that in the Sonic thread.)

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

"Recommitted (Don't Hold Your Breath)" would be the perfect name for a Life Level 5ive song.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Lemur Crisis posted:

Did you perhaps forget how to read??? Idiot??????

No, I'm pretty sure that they didn't actually feel like spending 15 minutes in the ghost house because it was a spooky Halloween thing.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Eyre Kneed posted:

I think Simply Simon beat them to it.

Anyone feel free to LP Megaman Soccer or that racing game thing!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That was 15 minutes of gaming magic.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Simply Simon posted:

Anyone feel free to LP Megaman Soccer or that racing game thing!

Are you going to play those bullshit non megaman games that say megaman on them that are so frightening to me that i refuse to learn anything about?

I can't remember the exact subtitle, something like:

Battle legend network and the extended universe of farts.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I don't know why you're asking me that in this thread, but go here I guess?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Simply Simon posted:

I don't know why you're asking me that in this thread, but go here I guess?

Because I don't plan on watching them without you telling me that they suck over the audio.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Those keith sound fx were amazing, not really concerned about the Mario gaming strats.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
If the goal of this LP was to give a bunch of nerds aneurysms, it's working.

OH MY GOD PICK UP THE loving P-SWITCH GIVE ME THE CONTROLLER YOU CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME RIGHT :byodood:

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Seshoho Cian posted:

"Recommitted (Don't Hold Your Breath)" would be the perfect name for a Life Level 5ive song.

It ended up being more of a britpop band. Oh well.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Seshoho Cian posted:

That's awesome. I should try to work on something soon :/

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Seshoho Cian posted:

I'm pretty sure that girl from my high school who always wore vampire fangs had a concert hoodie of theirs.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Watching nerds drone over footage of breakthroughs in the area of not playing right gives me a bigger rush than the spookiest of slendermans.

Lemur Crisis
May 6, 2009

What will you do?
Where can you run?
Can someone link to the video where Life Level 5ive was first summoned into existence? I want to say it was a Sonic 2006 mach speed section.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Lemur Crisis posted:

Can someone link to the video where Life Level 5ive was first summoned into existence? I want to say it was a Sonic 2006 mach speed section.

It was a Sonic Unleashed episode because they upgraded the life stat to level five.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Lemur Crisis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpu5g8AyByg&t=2840s

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Can I just say I absolutely loved Keith's mastery of sound mimicry. I actually can do something similar but only by describing it through onomatopoeic words. Like going into a pipe being "PRUN-PRUN-PRUN" and whatnot. Glad I don't feel so...weird now.

Also, if you guys love Gene Wilder, you have GOT to watch "Hear No Evil, See No Evil". Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor together as a deaf guy and a blind guy together on the run, BIZARRE but wonderfully scripted and very clever dialogue-wise.

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 4, 2013

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

FinalGamer posted:

Can I just say I absolutely loved Keith's mastery of sound mimicry. I actually can do something similar but only by describing it through onomatopoeic words. Like going into a pipe being "PRUN-PRUN-PRUN" and whatnot. Glad I don't feel so...weird now.

I love how he brought it back up every time there was a lull in the conversation.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

KKKLIP ART posted:

I'm curious if the game ever tells you that you can pick up P-Switches and move them around. You couldn't do that in the game they first appeared in.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Frankly, I'm not sure the game tells you you can pick anything up other than koopa shells, which were the only thing you could pick up in 3.

Also, strangely enough, earlier in the very day I watched this video I randomly was thinking about the original Life Level 5ive gag.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Glazius posted:

I'm curious if the game ever tells you that you can pick up P-Switches and move them around. You couldn't do that in the game they first appeared in.

At some point the player's bound to touch a P-Switch while running and find out that way, I'd think.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Zeikier posted:

I love how he brought it back up every time there was a lull in the conversation.

I lost my poo poo when he did the "water into a metal bucket". He does the best voice gags. My favorite that I can remember is the secretary he did in one of the sonic videos.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Grapplejack posted:

I lost my poo poo when he did the "water into a metal bucket". He does the best voice gags. My favorite that I can remember is the secretary he did in one of the sonic videos.

I go back and listen to his water pouring into a glass if I need to start giggling.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Do the Chupacabra again.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

NES Open Tournament Golf (1991)
Part 1/1 (LP pt.35) [Youtube]

Brave new LP format, same old NES golf.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Why did you change the thread format? You loving ruined everything!!!

NeverKnowsBests
Jun 8, 2013
the new format seams to work fine so far, please DON'T change it! (need to keep my sanity green after does sonic unleashed episodes..)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

That is a really great looking and sounding NES game. I was pretty surprised. Music was super catchy, I feel it is probably a pretty good game.

• Locked thread