Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

You know, this could mean something other than zari-gani's name being on that delivery slip. :tinfoil:

'Them' referred to the flowers, unless I'm too sleep deprived to understand what you mean...

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

It kills me that Abe is apparently a bigger character in the plot than Arino is. :v:

Wait, what role is Arino playing?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wait, what role is Arino playing?

Abe. And Abe is playing Inoko Max. Inoko Max is Watanabe.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Random Stranger posted:

Vegas would be a good travel special for them. We should remind the staff that they have a pinball museum there for Arino to check out...

Let's not forget EVO! Though they already had him enter a Street Fighter tournament in Cambodia...

Random Stranger posted:

You know, this could mean something other than zari-gani's name being on that delivery slip. :tinfoil:

Kakaricho posted:

'Them' referred to the flowers, unless I'm too sleep deprived to understand what you mean...

I think he's implying that Kan follows this thread? But nah, I replied to his e-mail last night with how pleasantly surprised I was by the huge number of people pitching in. Good job, everyone! Arino and the staff definitely feel the love.

Thanks for the photos, and for uploading a shot of the Inoko MAX card! The Budokan logos with the ADs are cool too. I wish they made shirts out of those.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

I think he's implying that Kan follows this thread? But nah, I replied to his e-mail last night with how pleasantly surprised I was by the huge number of people pitching in. Good job, everyone! Arino and the staff definitely feel the love.

Thanks for the photos, and for uploading a shot of the Inoko MAX card! The Budokan logos with the ADs are cool too. I wish they made shirts out of those.

Ah, I see. Been a real long couple of days, no braining good.

You're welcome, I actually added a bunch more pictures of when the merchandise first went on sale. It went on sale at 1 PM, but when I got there at 12:45 there was about 200 people.

http://imgur.com/a/e9x1G

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Kakaricho posted:

You're welcome, I actually added a bunch more pictures of when the merchandise first went on sale. It went on sale at 1 PM, but when I got there at 12:45 there was about 200 people.

That Inoko MAX card is a thing of beauty. I also spotted a couple Arino cosplayers :3:.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

New Arino interview conducted right after the Budokan event. The gist of it:

- Arino thinks the movie's theme song is far more professional-sounding than the three songs the show's staff made, and he likes the lyrics
- His family came to see the Budokan event, but they left at 8 PM since his daughters had school the next morning
- Everyone in the audience wore the cooling sheets handed out at the event, and the sight amused him a lot
- There are parts him and the ADs had to act out for the movie, and he wants the audience to spot them, as he thinks they're hard to tell
- To make the acted parts look seamless, Arino, Inoue, and Urakawa had to slim down to their 2006 weights -- except Urakawa hadn't gained any weight, so he didn't have to do anything
- He doubts the show will do anything for year 11 or 15, but he'd like to have a 20th anniversary
- He hopes the fans who attended the event felt that "playing games at a friend's house" vibe
- The upcoming 3DS game includes a side-scrolling platformer starring a robot, where defeated robots can be used as shields
- They made several different posters for the movie

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
Holy poo poo the Inoko MAX card.

I would get that poster sized.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Useless people make for excellent target practice.

Kakaricho posted:

One of those pictures there... am I mistaken, or did Konami OK the Tokimeki Memorial episode for DVD?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
I don't think anyone's posted this but I found this video on the GCCX 3 game site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drx7JtaYHVI

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

10 more years!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

New Arino interview conducted right after the Budokan event. The gist of it:

- Arino thinks the movie's theme song is far more professional-sounding than the three songs the show's staff made, and he likes the lyrics

Ooooh... Kan dis.

quote:

- To make the acted parts look seamless, Arino, Inoue, and Urakawa had to slim down to their 2006 weights -- except Urakawa hadn't gained any weight, so he didn't have to do anything

Poor Inoue. He didn't even take part in the Jogging Race activities despite being in the room...

Shingen posted:

One of those pictures there... am I mistaken, or did Konami OK the Tokimeki Memorial episode for DVD?

You are correct. Konami has approved Tokimeki Memorial's use again. That changed in the past year and hopefully it means that we'll be seeing more Konami games on the show (come on Castlevania 2...).

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Metal Gear. :arghfist:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

But Arino doesn't do computer games. :v:

Actually, if we're going there than I'd hope for Maze of Galious so I can figure out how to play my copy properly.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

- Everyone in the audience wore the cooling sheets handed out at the event, and the sight amused him a lot

At the end he remarked it looked really cool when they shined the blue lights on the audience and he could see them all glowing.

quote:

To make the acted parts look seamless, Arino, Inoue, and Urakawa had to slim down to their 2006 weights -- except Urakawa hadn't gained any weight, so he didn't have to do anything

I thought he looked a lot slimmer than he did at the start of this season, but I wasn't sure.

quote:

He hopes the fans who attended the event felt that "playing games at a friend's house" vibe

"Tonight, the Budokan is your Friend's House" was sort of the motto, it was said/written on the screen right before the event started.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Fooley posted:

I also spotted a couple Arino cosplayers :3:.

I saw at least a dozen in line for merchandise, 20 or so if I count people who only had one part of the outfit (jacket, white shirt and orange tie, etc).

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The movie footage that was shown at the Budokan is available on the movie's website.

http://www.gccx-movie.jp/sp/

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
I don't know why but seeing Toujima as a Kendo instructor makes me laugh

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

bpc908 posted:

I don't know why but seeing Toujima as a Kendo instructor makes me laugh

I think he's just a strict teacher. American teachers threatened kids with yardsticks; Japanese teachers used (still use?) kendo swords.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Before the show, there was a little presentation whipped up by one of the ADs telling the audience what not to do during the show. For the "no eating or smoking" slides were some pretty unflattering shots of Watanabe, but I heard the couple behind me remark "That's terrible" so I guess we're not alone in our dislike of her treatment.

Also they mentioned not to spoil what happened during the event at the very end of the show. After I had liveposted everything. Welp. ʅ(◔౪◔ ) ʃ

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

leather fedora posted:

Before the show, there was a little presentation whipped up by one of the ADs telling the audience what not to do during the show. For the "no eating or smoking" slides were some pretty unflattering shots of Watanabe, but I heard the couple behind me remark "That's terrible" so I guess we're not alone in our dislike of her treatment.

Also they mentioned not to spoil what happened during the event at the very end of the show. After I had liveposted everything. Welp. ʅ(◔౪◔ ) ʃ

I had some guy near me yelling at Nakayama-Luigi "You got fat!", there's all sorts of people. At least Arino had it backfire for once!

They also said to turn cell phones off at the start :cheeky:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

I added some scans of the movie flyer, game flyer, and merchandise order sheet. I also scanned the Inoko Max card.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 7, 2013

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Kakaricho posted:

The movie footage that was shown at the Budokan is available on the movie's website.

http://www.gccx-movie.jp/sp/
Ugh, coming out in spring 2013? :doh: Proofread!

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

Hirayuki posted:

Ugh, coming out in spring 2013? :doh: Proofread!

Don't worry, it's on the other side of the date line. It's still 2012 in Japan. (Which is why we don't have Bravely Default yet.)

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The next challenge starts with A or 'Ah'. Speculation?

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

Kakaricho posted:

Arkanoid! Kit him out with an SFC Mouse and everything.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

アクトレイザー2!

Alternative, it's the 25th anniversary of the Akira movie and Taito had that adventure game...

The one I'm hoping for, however, is Athena.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Or the perennial favorite: "Ah, I hit start without holding left."

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

America Oudan Ultra Quiz, please.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
Hell yeah let's see some Appare! Gate Ball

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The movie production committee is looking for the fan's favorite lines from the the show to be printed in the booklet that will be sold when the movie opens. Lines from Arino, ADs, the staff, creators interviewed, etc are all okay. Tweet them with the hashtag #gccxパンフ until November 18th.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Personally my favorite line is "UWAAHHH"

Im sure you all know which episode thats from.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

Ooh! Ooh! Is that the one where Arino sucks at games?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Gutcruncher posted:

The one where he goes to a place and they have a Metal Slug machine?

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

Where you can hear Fujimoto laugh in the background :mrgw2:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

zari-gani posted:

America Oudan Ultra Quiz, please.

Then you realize you'd have to translate another quiz episode.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Silentman0 posted:

Then you realize you'd have to translate another quiz episode.

I love doing quiz episodes. It's the timers that hate it.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Quiz episodes are the best episodes.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

I love doing quiz episodes. It's the timers that hate it.

drat straight. I want a silent episode with no words printed on the screen. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Here is a link to the new GCCX raw #169 Rocky Rodent.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=490951