Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

MrLonghair posted:

Next to uncompressed MP footage, 1m14s, 500+ megabytes, 1080p60, requires accelerated media player
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/04/killzone-shadow-fall-ultra-high-bitrate-multiplayer-footage/
http://killzone.dl.playstation.net/killzone/kzsf_multiplayer/KZSF_HIGHTBITRATE_H264.zip
https://mega.co.nz/#!4FVTjCwL!fqZJWEQsumdXmMloNItiXCeuzot7NXPiI0VuSgue4c4

Also requires bib to prevent drool from flooding your current location. It's pretty freaking 60fps.

That's a launch title??!? drat. I have a pc that can runs Crysis 3 and Battlefield 4 maxed out and Killzone 4 is right the hell up there with them. Impressive stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

MrLonghair posted:

Next to uncompressed MP footage, 1m14s, 500+ megabytes, 1080p60, requires accelerated media player
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/04/killzone-shadow-fall-ultra-high-bitrate-multiplayer-footage/
http://killzone.dl.playstation.net/killzone/kzsf_multiplayer/KZSF_HIGHTBITRATE_H264.zip
https://mega.co.nz/#!4FVTjCwL!fqZJWEQsumdXmMloNItiXCeuzot7NXPiI0VuSgue4c4

Also requires bib to prevent drool from flooding your current location. It's pretty freaking 60fps.

I tried running this in VLC with GPU acceleration turned on and it lagged really bad. I just wanted to see how pretty it was going to be. :(

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rad Valtar posted:

I tried running this in VLC with GPU acceleration turned on and it lagged really bad. I just wanted to see how pretty it was going to be. :(

I don't blame VLC. That video's bitrate is 60 mbps. I'm not sure what will be able to play it but my laptop sure can't.

e: apparently the answer was Windows Media Player 11 of all things.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

That's a launch title??!? drat. I have a pc that can runs Crysis 3 and Battlefield 4 maxed out and Killzone 4 is right the hell up there with them. Impressive stuff.

Yeah, it'll be a good few years until developers really master the new hardware. If this is what they can do on Day Zero, we're probably going to be seeing some spectacular things in the future.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Rad Valtar posted:

Weird. I thought I'd have issues playing it (2012 Macbook Air) but it was absolutely fine with VLC.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Well.. this commercial is sure a downer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfi6ViMGHM4

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Reive posted:

Godfuckingdamn. God, loving, drat. (yes, I read into the game-story with this)

Sorry Knack, I'll pick you up for christmas :(

e: I like the seriousness of it, although it's not perfect. I appreciate the non COD/BF choice too much.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 4, 2013

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
That would be an awesome commercial if it was advertising a movie.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Reive posted:

I like the blatant moral ambiguity of the good guys, but the execution feels off. The ad's corny, but I think it could have actually worked with better direction. Also it looks kinda cheap.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm getting Halo trailer vibes from it and I like it. The execution will always be corny just because it's weird seeing real actors on obviously doctored sets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wKbM_8kWUo

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
Actually really liked the ad but the execution is spotty in that civilian scene. ISA scum though!

Tyack
Oct 9, 2012
Whilst playing the Killzone 3 multiplayer demo, I found an option in the settings for music to be played instead of voice. Does anyone know if this will be in Shadowfall?
The games looking great, can't wait to get my hands on it either way.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Tyack posted:

Whilst playing the Killzone 3 multiplayer demo, I found an option in the settings for music to be played instead of voice. Does anyone know if this will be in Shadowfall?
The games looking great, can't wait to get my hands on it either way.

You mean like through the headset? Because they confirmed you can listen to all audio through the PS4 headset at the system level, which is an awesome feature that I'll take full advantage of.

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006
Surprised there doesn't seem to be much goon hype behind this. Seems like the best PS4 launch title to me.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Gay Rumsfeld posted:

Surprised there doesn't seem to be much goon hype behind this. Seems like the best PS4 launch title to me.

Right now most hype is reserved for the PS4 itself.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Gay Rumsfeld posted:

Well, CoD and Battlefield just came out.

Killzone ain't anywhere near as popular as those too. This game should still have plenty of people (and goons) online though since it's the best looking game on the console.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Honestly i just can't get behind modern military shooters.

I grew up with doom, decent, tribes, half life.. All those great scifi inspired ones.

Thats the appeal to me.

Im just hoping i can get in with a good crew to play with. I dont miss the days of bigotry on Xbox Live, and would not like to relive them on Ps4.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
The KZ2 crew was not huge, but was big enough that there were folks on all the time, and small enough that you got to be pretty tight with them. Hopefully this will be similar. We even played competitively in clan matches (without being Try Hards) for a while.

7 days, 1 hour and 6 minutes to go....

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

Please don't hate me for this but is there any hook to the multiplayer? I love the addicting rpg aspects and unlocks from the trend of cod/bf/halo/whatever and it sounds like this game is fairly old school. I'm considering it since the trailer was really cool and it's absolutely beautiful and bleak looking (Sony is so good at that mix) but I'm worried the mp won't pull me in.

This is a 100% fair question, and nobody should hate you for it, since knowledge about what's going on isn't hugely well-known. The carrots and sticks are absolutely there, but they're worked into mode-agnostic challenges (knife 10 dudes, get 10 cloaked kills, etc.) so in a sense it's like the weapon-specific stuff, but without it being quite as grindy.

The real draw, however, is that you're able to essentially define custom game modes and still have them be "ranked" in that you'll gain XP. Rather than tweaks to the overall mechanics (infinite ammo, no respawns, and so on - though those are kinda in there too), you're effectively building your own custom mode. Want to define just a set of classes and weapons? Outlaw the use of certain abilities? That's all kosher and encouraged, and some of these combos, because everything is unlocked from the start with no bullshit gating and no DLC that will change things down the road, can actually bubble up into modes that the devs and community love so much they sort of become "go-to" options.

It's a genuinely interesting take on just mixing and matching variables, and to me, lets you really experiment with the weapons and stuff. You'll be able to search by those modes and weapons and levels and stuff, so the idea is that even if you don't like what's out there, you grab some friends and make something (that's likely open to the public; they still have to do the whole XP thing), and let you go nuts. You don't have to just play Warzone on regular circulation, and in fact it sounds like Guerrilla really likes the idea of people leaving their original constructs behind in favor of creating their own ideas for what might be fun.

In short, it's not like any of the other FPS offerings out there, which might help it stick around until the next Killzone mixes things up, and in the interim, you get a bunch of new maps and modes and poo poo for free.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

SamBishop posted:

This is a 100% fair question, and nobody should hate you for it, since knowledge about what's going on isn't hugely well-known. The carrots and sticks are absolutely there, but they're worked into mode-agnostic challenges (knife 10 dudes, get 10 cloaked kills, etc.) so in a sense it's like the weapon-specific stuff, but without it being quite as grindy.

The real draw, however, is that you're able to essentially define custom game modes and still have them be "ranked" in that you'll gain XP. Rather than tweaks to the overall mechanics (infinite ammo, no respawns, and so on - though those are kinda in there too), you're effectively building your own custom mode. Want to define just a set of classes and weapons? Outlaw the use of certain abilities? That's all kosher and encouraged, and some of these combos, because everything is unlocked from the start with no bullshit gating and no DLC that will change things down the road, can actually bubble up into modes that the devs and community love so much they sort of become "go-to" options.

It's a genuinely interesting take on just mixing and matching variables, and to me, lets you really experiment with the weapons and stuff. You'll be able to search by those modes and weapons and levels and stuff, so the idea is that even if you don't like what's out there, you grab some friends and make something (that's likely open to the public; they still have to do the whole XP thing), and let you go nuts. You don't have to just play Warzone on regular circulation, and in fact it sounds like Guerrilla really likes the idea of people leaving their original constructs behind in favor of creating their own ideas for what might be fun.

In short, it's not like any of the other FPS offerings out there, which might help it stick around until the next Killzone mixes things up, and in the interim, you get a bunch of new maps and modes and poo poo for free.

Is it that different from games like Halo 3 that let you set loadout restrictions, never mind editing the maps themselves? Is it the curation aspect that'll make it stand out?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

SamBishop posted:

This needs to be on the official website or something, hah. Thanks for pointing out what really sets this aside and will hopefully keep it interesting. I'm definitely onboard for this game. It's been so long since I've played a great grim scifi shooter. Way too long.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

SamBishop posted:

I might get this game because of this post. Just sayin.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Got shipping confirm from Amazon today, so it's going to arrive a few days early.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm not sure how many PS3 goons there are but I decided to hold one last hurrah for Killzone 2 and 3 this week. I figure if you have the Dualshock 4 playing them would be good practice and get you into the flow of things (it works with both games). Killzone 2 has a server browser so I'll just make one and post the password when it's time. With Killzone 3 I'll have to invite people individually to the squads, which is easier done if you were in the goon clan. Here are the times:

Killzone 2 - Wednesday (11/13) 8pm EST
Killzone 3 - Thursday (11/14) 8pm EST

Of course if the turnout for Killzone 3 is crap or people rather play 2 I'll just do the same thing on Thursday. Killzone 2 does have a bigger player cap.

Edit: For the sake of making things smooth on Thursday, please check if you are in the goon clan. If you are not send Jimbot256 an friend invite. With Killzone 2 it'll obviously be first come first sever with Killzone 3 I'll probably pull from the clan list first since they were there from day-one and felt the sting of being spawn-camped by invisible, insta-gib snipers.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 9, 2013

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Rinkles posted:

Is it that different from games like Halo 3 that let you set loadout restrictions, never mind editing the maps themselves? Is it the curation aspect that'll make it stand out?

I personally think so, yeah. The fact that it's both community- and dev-curated means stuff can slide in and out of the top spots as people start to glom onto what kind of modes they'd like to play at that particular time. Add in the fact that you can watch friends playing and then jump right into their games, and I'm guessing some kind of all-cloaked sniper mode with your buddies will end up being pretty drat amazing on some of those dark maps...

Man, the 15th needs to get here already; I can't wait to play with you guys!

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
8 Minute Shadow Marshall Combat Tutorial Video

:psyboom:

Holy loving poo poo this game looks amazing, even on Youtube's lovely encryption. Also love the drawbacks to the sonar ping.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Ham posted:

8 Minute Shadow Marshall Combat Tutorial Video

:psyboom:

Holy loving poo poo this game looks amazing, even on Youtube's lovely encryption. Also love the drawbacks to the sonar ping.

That narrator is so DUTCH.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Rinkles posted:

That narrator is so DUTCH.

He sounds NE American to me.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I downloaded the Killzone 3 multiplayer to play in NA before Killzone SF and man, it's something to get used to. I'm glad they ditched the stick click to ADS.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

a foolish pianist posted:

He sounds NE American to me.

Nah, I'm with Rinkles on this. They definitely went local with some of the voice actors. It's fun to try to replicate by just speaking low and clapping both hands over your nose and mouth.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Ularg posted:

I downloaded the Killzone 3 multiplayer to play in NA before Killzone SF and man, it's something to get used to. I'm glad they ditched the stick click to ADS.

You can change to a alternate control layout to where it is L1 to ADS.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Is it confirmed that the Day One season pass bonuses are the same as the preorder bonus for the actual game itself?

Boogat
Jan 5, 2006

Oh, I am serious. Look, this is my serious face.
I haven't really followed the class abilities for Shadow Fall much, but is the Spawn Grenade from KZ2 back? Or is it still going to be like KZ3, with the set spawn locations.. I loved the chaos that throwing a spawn grenade right on the objective caused in KZ2.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Boogat posted:

I haven't really followed the class abilities for Shadow Fall much, but is the Spawn Grenade from KZ2 back? Or is it still going to be like KZ3, with the set spawn locations.. I loved the chaos that throwing a spawn grenade right on the objective caused in KZ2.

It is a spawn beacon(only deployable by engineers). Has a bit of setup and can be destroyed.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Revitalized posted:

Is it confirmed that the Day One season pass bonuses are the same as the preorder bonus for the actual game itself?
The text for them are almost exactly the same, minus the soundtrack, which is why I think it is.

Hopefully it is. :ohdear:

Cakeequals
Jun 15, 2011

I'm going to make sweet love to him! FROM THE BACK!!
RRRRRRRRR
Assuming the pictures shown are the actual skin, it looks like they are different OWL skins, so maybe it's a different spotlight move too?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I love the "AMERICA gently caress YEAH" skin going on there. The OWL is officially Captain Americas shield.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Cakeequals posted:

Assuming the pictures shown are the actual skin, it looks like they are different OWL skins, so maybe it's a different spotlight move too?
Oh, are they being called spotlight moves? D'oh, I thought that was just the name of a particular victory move. The Season Pass image doesn't show any previews of what skin it gets, guess we'll find out on the day of then.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Boogat posted:

From here: http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/features/2013-10-14_support-class.html

Da KZ Site posted:

Spawn Beacon:
The Spawn Beacon ability sets up a temporary in-field spawn point for team mates. Spawn Beacons can be placed almost anywhere in the map, but it takes a while to install them and they’re vulnerable to enemy fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rBAkj5Egok

Launch Trailer

Man... i cant wait.

• Locked thread