Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Party Plane Jones posted:

Knifing is really really broken. I played on a pistols server and sinking 6 shots of .44 into a guy in the knifing animation and having it do nothing is absurd.

I like when I get killed but I still pretend like I'm knifing the bad guy (the air).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

furaxu
Oct 23, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

Knifing is really really broken. I played on a pistols server and sinking 6 shots of .44 into a guy in the knifing animation and having it do nothing is absurd.

Knifing is stupid when mixed with lag. You get situations where you watch someone run straight at you, magdump into them, then they warp to you and, even though you're facing them, you get no counter-knife prompt. Obviously they see something different on their screen.

MAA with upgraded cannons and active radar missiles is a relaxing way to put every pilot in a bad mood. Lancang Dam is a nightmare for helicopters and jets get angry enough to lawndart you (and miss). Couldn't help but laugh when I realized my team's jerk pilots were luring them into me every time.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
My crashes seem to be far less frequent now. Still getting the odd lock up but I can be confident of finishing a whole round 90% of the time currently.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

furaxu posted:

Knifing is stupid when mixed with lag. You get situations where you watch someone run straight at you, magdump into them, then they warp to you and, even though you're facing them, you get no counter-knife prompt. Obviously they see something different on their screen.

MAA with upgraded cannons and active radar missiles is a relaxing way to put every pilot in a bad mood. Lancang Dam is a nightmare for helicopters and jets get angry enough to lawndart you (and miss). Couldn't help but laugh when I realized my team's jerk pilots were luring them into me every time.

Not getting a knife prompt is an actual display bug. As far as I can tell it's associated with the one that causes your hit indicator and crosshair to disappear.

I've managed to knife several people without seeing a prompt after I realized this.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Seems the only map that is crashing for me regularly now is Dawnbreaker, via a sound loop.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I'm level 20 now and i still haven't finished a complete game on shangai or dawnbreaker because the game is WAY broken.

combatfrog
Mar 26, 2007

psyduck

Kibayasu posted:

Seems the only map that is crashing for me regularly now is Dawnbreaker, via a sound loop.

Not Shanghai? The only maps I'm experiencing crashing on is dawnbreaker and shanghai, but shanghai is about 10 times worse than dawnbreaker. I'll get maybe one, sometimes zero crashes on dawnbreaker, but Shanghai will crash 3 time minimum. It's a shame my favorite server has shanghai in its map rotation :(

And the crash I get is the freezing + sound loop as well.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I have followed the tradition from bc2 and bf3 of never playing the beta map.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Got the LSAT unlocked tonight, it's like the SAW but even better. Which is odd since I despised the thing in BF3. Shame the Pig isn't returning thus far, guess I'll have to use the PKP to fill in for it, and there's the MG4.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have been hearing reports that a small minority of the people in the latest ban wave were from using macro keyboards and having non-default keybinds. Could just be hackers lying to cover their asses or it could be really funny.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

There is a point where lag turns other players into neo, and its getting really loving annoying to play against.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Fauxtool posted:

I have been hearing reports that a small minority of the people in the latest ban wave were from using macro keyboards and having non-default keybinds. Could just be hackers lying to cover their asses or it could be really funny.

It's the former and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't understand how PB does its detections.

Edit: Not to say there isn't a chance a mistake has happened. But if it has, there is more to it than this.

Mr.Citrus posted:

There is a point where lag turns other players into neo, and its getting really loving annoying to play against.

Play on a different server. I usually switch the moment rubberbanding starts.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 8, 2013

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
I haven't really been following the thread, but I understand there's been a buggy launch. How is the state of it now? Should I buy it or wait a bit?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

It's better but crashes are still frequent for a lot of people and some servers have their own share of problems.

If that stuff bothers you, I would wait for the second client patch. It certainly hasn't stopped most of us from playing the game.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Boz0r posted:

I haven't really been following the thread, but I understand there's been a buggy launch. How is the state of it now? Should I buy it or wait a bit?

I play on 32 man servers and play with low graphics and have had 1 crash in about 10 hours of play. The net code is poo poo but apart from that its fine. You may want to wait until the first patch or just jump straight in.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
This game only crashes when I'm doing well

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Captain Matchbox posted:

This game only crashes when I'm doing well

So you've had a pretty solid experience so far then.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So can origin be closed and not open while you're playing bf4 or does that weird bug still happen where it has a chance to crash the game you're playing if you close origin while it's running?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
The only maps I'm not liking are Dawnbreaker and sometimes Flood Zone. In an even match Flood Zone is fine (even good) but too often it seems like one team dominates and it's that weird mix of spread out and narrow where you can't really mass enough people for a definite base camp but you still can't flank. Dawnbreaker is just too much of a clusterfuck.

Paracel, Zavod, and Locker are my favorites. A good mix of infantry and vehicles on the first two and an infantry lead-fear on Locker.

Also how the hell do you change seats in a vehicle?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Try the F keys I forget which does what but it should tell you in options.

combatfrog
Mar 26, 2007

psyduck
Pressing F5 in attack boat will put you in the jetski on the back, making for a very cool escape

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah thats right, also it must be F4 then that lets you stand and use rocket launchers etc.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Nov 8, 2013

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm trying real hard to make the :smug: Icon for BF4, but I'm an extremely uncreative person. :downs: What can I use for the lips/smirk itself?

combatfrog
Mar 26, 2007

psyduck
there's a google doc spreadsheet with goon made emblems that include that smug icon here if you want.

Also someone should add that rad looking Fox logo from Metal Gear Solid a few pages back to this doc, because I'm too dumb to be able to recreate it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Played a while on a hardcore pistols only server. The REX is super bad, even in hardcore it takes like 2 shots to kill up close most of the time.

Gonna grind that poo poo out to be done with it forever :suicide:

Indra
Nov 25, 2005
Where are my pants?
Ran into an odd bug earlier tonight. Playing Obliteration on Lockdown and the enemy managed to blow all 3 points.....but the round didn't end. So we finally pushed through and blew our final point....and still the round didn't end. So there we were essentially playing a never ending match on Lockdown. Not sure if it was a server setting or just a glitch.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Just realised there is no AS Val/VSS, this game is dead to me.

Korbin
Nov 13, 2009

SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG

Heliosicle posted:

Not yet....

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Heliosicle posted:

Stay strong, and buy DLC.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Heliosicle posted:

Now that recons and support can use every carbine, this is less of an issue, though.

A real, true and objective tragedy, is the lack of the G3a3

Look at this beauty

And weep for the lack of it. How could you, Sweden? I thought we were bros. :norway:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a scope for sideways mounted iron sights and said,"Oh that's pretty loving cool." Gonna try and play on KFS today, will I out myself as a goon before trying to kill as many as you as possible?
Maybe maybe not.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Don't make me cry, man.

I need it :qq:

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

Any opinions on the IRNV scope? I tried it on the SG533, and it seemed okay. I could stare at the sun, and it didn't seem to blind me. My only complaint is that it says 1x scope, so I was expecting something like a holo sight, but it doesn't exactly ADS like a 1x holo.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008
I just played on KFS for the 2nd time last night (without crashing for a good while) and it was a whole lot of fun. I don't talk much on Mumble, but HOLY poo poo it's hilarious to listen to the rest of you. If you don't play on KFS and join Mumble you are missing out.

:siren: If anyone has a video/audio clip from KFS last night where someone mentioned the Dumbledore spoiler alert PLEASE post it here because it was loving hilarious.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

Now that recons and support can use every carbine, this is less of an issue, though.

A real, true and objective tragedy, is the lack of the G3a3

Look at this beauty

And weep for the lack of it. How could you, Sweden? I thought we were bros. :norway:

Get with the times grandpa, Ak5C is where it's at.

But for real, we can always hope they'll bring out the real Ak4 in a DLC. :sweden:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Jippa posted:

Yeah thats right, also it must be F4 then that lets you stand and use rocket launchers etc.

If you look in the bottom right (at least I'm pretty sure that's where it is) you can see all the seats in the vehicle you're in and what they are (drivers seat has a wheel, guns have a gun, etc). F1 is the top seat on the list, F2 the second and so on.

I've pulled some pretty great drivebys in the humvee just by driving toward someone, swapping to the gun, killing them, and swapping back to the driver. Most of the time I end up screwing up and dying, but when it works it's glorious.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

Shima Honnou posted:

Played a while on a hardcore pistols only server. The REX is super bad, even in hardcore it takes like 2 shots to kill up close most of the time.

Gonna grind that poo poo out to be done with it forever :suicide:

I was there with you!

The M9 is god's true weapon, 3 hit bursts will devastate butts on hardcore mode.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
I went ahead and bought it, but I'm getting around 5-10 fps on low.

Intel i5-3570K
NVIDIA 660 Ti
8 GB RAM

What gives? I tried setting resolution scaling to 80% but that doesn't make a difference.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I have no idea how killing people with the defibrillator works. Twice now I've been trying to revive a teammate only to have an enemy get in the way and be shocked to death. That was cool, but I've snuck up behind people, shocked twice uselessly, and then just shot them. Bad luck with lag or is there a trick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Boz0r posted:

I went ahead and bought it, but I'm getting around 5-10 fps on low.

Intel i5-3570K
NVIDIA 660 Ti
8 GB RAM

What gives? I tried setting resolution scaling to 80% but that doesn't make a difference.

This setup is identical to mine, and I easily get 50+ FPS on BF4's recommended (near-max) settings (edit: at 1920x1080). Are your drivers up to date?

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 8, 2013

• Locked thread