Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

New Chapter

Oh Kaori, you magnificent bastard.

drat. drat. Man that is pretty masterful, holy poo poo.

I don't like her either but I gotta give her props for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I give her props for guts but that was really stupid logic of her. If Keima is someone who has the ability to remove the collars and contend with devils, he would be able to contend with her and shut her up if he needed to.

I suspect Keima may play along though since it'll be according to his plan.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
"I really don't like this heroine."

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
"Some girls aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be impressed, pushed, convinced or confessed to. Some girls just want to watch the world burn Keima suffer".

Such a great chapter :allears:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I remember Keima making an internal remark about how his situation was like a player vs. player game back in one of the Yui arcs.

What an understatement that ended up becoming.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Quixzlizx posted:

"I really don't like this heroine."

While Keima has been shown with lots of empathy lately, I'm kind of hoping that he doesn't follow through in this case and actually lets her burn.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

buzmeg posted:

While Keima has been shown with lots of empathy lately, I'm kind of hoping that he doesn't follow through in this case and actually lets her burn.

Man, that'd really show that ten year old girl. I mean she's a bitch, but let's keep some perspective here.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

buzmeg posted:

He'll probably just take off her collar and prevent her from getting possessed by a ghost, but leave her with the crippling emotional problems. Recall that this current arc is supposed to be him setting up his future conquests: cutting her off here means he won't be obliged to "fill her heart" in the future.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

cafel posted:

Man, that'd really show that ten year old girl. I mean she's a bitch, but let's keep some perspective here.

Um, as Keima points out, she gleefully handed lots of innocent girls over to the devils without a second thought. There's stupid things kids do and then there's intentionally sociopathic.

While some previous conquests had difficult personalities, they did not consciously cause their infestation nor did they intentionally subject others to it.

This is not true of Kaori. She inflicted the infestation on others knowing what was going to happen and wound up in this situation because she was not sufficiently wary.

Keima is going to save her ... but it would sure be a more interesting twist if he actually can't/won't.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
Chapter 248

Taste that ether.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Sorry Kaori, you need to play more games :haw:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm... actually kind of surprised that I called it. Take off the collar but leave her suffering.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Keima, you magnificent gamer!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

It took a while but Keima is back at being the magnificent badass he always was. :allears:

Kaori is obviously the type of person Keima despises the most: the Casual Gamer. :colbert:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Keima's back to being incredibly awesome again, and Kaori gets her comeuppance!

This is the best manga! :allears:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Ah, right. Of course. Why didn't I make that connection?

Keima DID have to allow the plan to succeed to preserve the timeline, and he removed Chihiro's collar beforehand for that as well. Wow. Why didn't I spot that before?

I love this manga. :allears:

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-World-God-Only-Knows/Ch-249--FLAG-249-%E2%80%93-A-Settlement?id=179170

New chapter!

Kei-mom is still the best!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Yup, Yup, Giddy Up :kimchi:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
No way is that grudge not going to carry over into the present. Probably for the endgame, at least.

This was supposed to be the "Jupiter" arc, wasn't it? The goddesses haven't really been a factor, besides sending him back in time in the first place I guess.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

No way is that grudge not going to carry over into the present. Probably for the endgame, at least.

This was supposed to be the "Jupiter" arc, wasn't it? The goddesses haven't really been a factor, besides sending him back in time in the first place I guess.

I thought it was assumed that Keima was Jupiter or whatever.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh boy, can't wait to see what Kaori did these ten years :allears:

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
More specifically, it was the "Heart of Jupiter" arc... Which just so happened to have Keima finally break down after all the manipulation he's had to do and then regain his confidence. He's probably moved past that now.

So yeah, I think it's fairly safe to assume, in the absence of a Jupiter suddenly showing up, that "Jupiter" is Keima here. It's probably not an actual thing in-world so much as 1) a reference to Keima's ties to the Goddesses and 2) putting him on/above their level.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chapter 250

This manga sure does love the cliche of having a character express a realization without revealing what it actually is. Or at least, I can't remember off the top of my head what Keima seems to be remembering on page 17.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Nate RFB posted:

Chapter 250

This manga sure does love the cliche of having a character express a realization without revealing what it actually is. Or at least, I can't remember off the top of my head what Keima seems to be remembering on page 17.

Isn't that Keima's teacher?

Because I did not see that coming.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 15, 2013

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

Oh great, now I want to re-read every scene where this is possibly foreshadowed.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

:stare: Goddamn that came from out of nowhere to me.

e: vvv Oh yeah. vvv

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 15, 2013

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That was my first thought, but Nikaido would be wearing a collar in the first place because she is Akari's human buddy.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Well, they did foreshadow that she was involved in some way (I think it's made the more obvious in the scientist girl/box robot arc), but hell if I saw the Dokuro connection.

/edit: ^^^^ Ah, then I may be mistaken, I didn't remember they outright came out and said it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think it was ever spelled out, just strongly implied.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

See, I thought it was spelled out that nikaido is akari's buddy because at the endish of the vintage fighting she calls her by her real name rimyuel, but with the newest chapter I'm wondering too if flesh dokuro does eventually change her name to nikaido.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
We knew something was different though because the relationship between that pair was entirely unlike the others.

The mystery now is what role Akari has.

I totally didn't catch this possibility though although now that I think about it, I wonder why it didn't come up as a crackpot theory.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:tviv:

That loving twist, that loving twist.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Nikaido's present day Dokuro. Another conquest for Keima :heysexy:

This arc have had it's downside but this 'almost ending' (since there's another task to accomplish' was worth it.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
A return to an Akari arc would obviously be much-appreciated at this point. The first one before the Goddess arc was a bit odd and didn't seem to fit, and I think a second look now would be a cool way to depict how much Keima's (and the reader's) perspective has changed since all this...stuff.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

I totally didn't catch this possibility though although now that I think about it, I wonder why it didn't come up as a crackpot theory.

I've seen Nikaido = Dokurou crackpot stuff floating around for some time now, so this was less of a surprise and more of a "oh, so they really did go there" type of deal.

Guessing those theories didn't make their way here for whatever reason. :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've never been very clear on what the connection between this Dokuro and the classic skullface even is. I don't think she's just Dokuro from the past because I think we've seen skullface in both periods, is she a golem based on Dokuro, are we supposed to even understand that?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
She seems to be a copy/clone of Dokuro with the memories of the original but tasked to do ~stuff~ in this time period and able to communicate across time periods if the need arises. But at this point I fully expect there to be more timeline fuckery involved so I doubt she is just going to disappear into the ether.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
The kanji are probably different but Nikaido sounds like "twice Do(kuro)" if I recall my Japanese correctly. A minor thing, but it supports the Nikaido = Dokuro theory IMO

EDIT: spoilered, phoneposting tends to make me forget such things

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 16, 2013

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

How about this foreshadowing? Even has skulls there for added effect.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Man, reading again their interactions after this reveal is really amusing, I wonder if we'll see a change on them once that Keima returns to the present.

Nikaido/Dokuro become a really good actor on those 10 years to be able to treat her oniichan like utter trash :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Man, reading again their interactions after this reveal is really amusing, I wonder if we'll see a change on them once that Keima returns to the present.

Nikaido/Dokuro become a really good actor on those 10 years to be able to treat her oniichan like utter trash :haw:

Actually, I wouldn't be too surprised if she wasn't acting. She met Keima at the end of his character development, after he'd captured dozens of girls, matured as a person, and turned his personal drive and incredible competence to something other than video games, largely of his own volition. Keima's come kind of a long way since the start of the series.

So she finally gets to meet her oniichan again, after years and years! ...and he's kind of a shallow, apathetic little shithead. That's gotta be a downer.

• Locked thread