Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I don't remember any install exe. I remember just downloading this, extracting everything from the .rar into a folder, and then doing the same with the ED connection patch, overwriting any files from the original torrent. Boot up WoW.exe and smooth sailing from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
I SHOULD BUY A NEW AVATAR. GIVE THE FORUMS ALL MY MONEY.
:frogsiren: BWL MONDAY 11/11 BROODLORD IS GOING DOWN OR THIS GUILD IS :frogsiren:

Seriously though, great raid last night.

e:

mewse posted:

Did we file the ticket for rag loot

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/63061-mc-ragnaros-loot-lost-to-disconnect/

eager beaver fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 7, 2013

mewse
May 2, 2006

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

mewse posted:

Looks like it went through just fine according to the GM post on the above link. Check your in-game mailbox.

Our ZG signup for tonight is a little light on healing. Someone remedy that please. We want to kill Jin'do.

LotionMan
Nov 1, 2004
Shut up, or I'll give you a nasty rash !
I need a reinvite for Jhuuthun and Baleygr

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

gco posted:

Looks like it went through just fine according to the GM post on the above link. Check your in-game mailbox.

Our ZG signup for tonight is a little light on healing. Someone remedy that please. We want to kill Jin'do.

I can play a healer if someone wants to send me the info for one.

Since Chicken & Gnomak are both in the raid, we shouldn't need Cleon.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

We are missing 5 people that signed up for this ZG, are any of you guys planning on coming?

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Can I get a guild invite? Name is Suran.

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people.
Mind Control is cool. ZG is fun.

I'll have to record it next time. Just imagine constant yellow numbers until then.

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
yeah my issue seems to be that i cant find a fenix1.12 client.rar that unpacks successfully :shrug:

I'll try the torrent you linked I guess but I figure its the same thing

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
So is Mage solo aoeing crocs and tigers in ZG for rep and stuff viable here? Not high enough to try it out yet.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Arakan posted:

So is Mage solo aoeing crocs and tigers in ZG for rep and stuff viable here? Not high enough to try it out yet.

I don't know if with the current gear out it is, or at least it wouldn't be very fast. We usually have 3-4 people with AE and 1-2 tanks controlling the crocs and it still takes like 30-40 seconds to burn them down. I wouldn't worry about it though, ZG is fresh enough content that it will be run often and even PUG'd in no time.

Vizrt posted:

Mind Control is cool. ZG is fun.

I'll have to record it next time. Just imagine constant yellow numbers until then.

Yea, I thought my screen was bugged because the pull of the spiders suddenly vanished. Then I saw the rep so I figured well, they fell through the world and died or something. There's no way they just died that fast. That was crazy, we should keep one of those with us the whole raid.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Let's get a ZG group on Saturday night? (11/9). Trolls b gone :parrot:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I may have to get back into the WoW groove this winter, finish my fishing levels and go after some sweet Gahz'ranka loot.

Miss you all!
- Moof

Bohemienne
May 15, 2007
Cerinne here, at a work conference till Monday. I'll hopefully be back to help out in BWL if you all need, but if not, good luck!

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Downloaded the torrent, extracted it, and changed my realmlist to

#set realmlist vanillafeenix.servegame.org
set realmlist emeralddream.servegame.org

yet it doesn't offer Emerald Dream as a realm choice. What's going on?

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

the posted:

Downloaded the torrent, extracted it, and changed my realmlist to

#set realmlist vanillafeenix.servegame.org
set realmlist emeralddream.servegame.org

yet it doesn't offer Emerald Dream as a realm choice. What's going on?

Did you download the connection patch?

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.

Tanners posted:

Q: I followed the guide and did everything but I still can't connect!
A: There's a patch available that fixes most problems people have. It can be found in the guide linked above but heres a direct link.

This is what you need

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Alright, got it working.

Someone send an invite to Saintnick when you got a chance :)

pholiage
Jan 9, 2005

You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower.
I play horde on ED, was unaware there was a goon contingency. In-game name is Dapht. /wave if you get a chance!

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

pholiage posted:

I play horde on ED, was unaware there was a goon contingency. In-game name is Dapht. /wave if you get a chance!

You're missing out, come play with us. You get 10 free wolf pelts when you play!

martyrdumb
Nov 24, 2009

pants are overrated

dominoeffect posted:

You're missing out, come play with us. You get 10 free wolf pelts when you play!
Yeah but 9 of them have SARS.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
HW log on so you can make me a bloodvine vest.

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

SHISHKABOB posted:

HW log on so you can make me a bloodvine vest.

No. :colbert:

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

wow such rude guild

RocktheHawk
Jul 15, 2007
Dur?
Ran a Ragnar in Vegas this weekend so spent the last week or so preparing for that. I'll be back and enlightening people with the word of flipper while I convalesce this week.

Tgump
Nov 4, 2013

dominoeffect posted:

But Horde is so much more fun. Is there any kind of substantial goon population Hordeside? I quit retail in late 2006 (roughly when 1.12 came out, iirc) and when I logged on to my existing level 8 Undead (on ED) and checked my quest log to see the Sevren quest chain starter, I immediately started walking to Undercity's Magic Quarter. I didn't even remember who Sevren was. It's hardcoded into my brain. Going Alliance would make me feel unclean.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tgump posted:

But Horde is so much more fun. Is there any kind of substantial goon population Hordeside? I quit retail in late 2006 (roughly when 1.12 came out, iirc) and when I logged on to my existing level 8 Undead (on ED) and checked my quest log to see the Sevren quest chain starter, I immediately started walking to Undercity's Magic Quarter. I didn't even remember who Sevren was. It's hardcoded into my brain. Going Alliance would make me feel unclean.

The substantial goon population is alliance side, sorry :shrug:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Alliance has a booming goon raiding guild progressing through BWL. Horde has like, a couple guys.

Blunder bus
Jan 27, 2012

All aboard the Blunder Bus!
I joined LGW briefly on Ciderbelly before the most unlikely thing happened, which is that the 8 RL friends (who I used to play Vanilla WoW with on live) all heard I was playing it again and have signed up to ED. As such, I bid my goodbyes and went to join a tiny guild that's just them. This means we can spend our time berating one another in guild chat about spending 30 mins of every planned dungeon run arsing around travelling and then turning up with broken armour. As is our custom.

One thing is 100% certain though and that is that we will never raid. As I said, I'm playing with these people because they're my friends, not due to their mad WoW skillz. Although I'm nowhere near max level myself yet I was wondering whether I had to be a member of LGW to raid with you guys? I'm EU so wouldn't be able to make raids that weren't UK-friendly. On a more positive side though, I used to run a raid guild in live and know useful tricks like 'don't stand in fires if you want to live'. Gear-wise I'm not precious and don't care if you have a LGW priority or anything like that. I just quite fancy working on a raid team again and killing some bosses! I will say that even when I'm max level though my gear will be coming exclusively from the 5 mans that I run with my mates. So it won't dazzle you!

Anyway, I'm a way off 60 so this isn't urgent. I was just thinking ahead! Likewise if it's not something you guys are up for due to admin overheads or whatever, then that's completely cool with me. I'll continue to /wave when I see you around!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Blunder bus posted:

I joined LGW briefly on Ciderbelly before the most unlikely thing happened, which is that the 8 RL friends (who I used to play Vanilla WoW with on live) all heard I was playing it again and have signed up to ED. As such, I bid my goodbyes and went to join a tiny guild that's just them. This means we can spend our time berating one another in guild chat about spending 30 mins of every planned dungeon run arsing around travelling and then turning up with broken armour. As is our custom.

One thing is 100% certain though and that is that we will never raid. As I said, I'm playing with these people because they're my friends, not due to their mad WoW skillz. Although I'm nowhere near max level myself yet I was wondering whether I had to be a member of LGW to raid with you guys? I'm EU so wouldn't be able to make raids that weren't UK-friendly. On a more positive side though, I used to run a raid guild in live and know useful tricks like 'don't stand in fires if you want to live'. Gear-wise I'm not precious and don't care if you have a LGW priority or anything like that. I just quite fancy working on a raid team again and killing some bosses! I will say that even when I'm max level though my gear will be coming exclusively from the 5 mans that I run with my mates. So it won't dazzle you!

Anyway, I'm a way off 60 so this isn't urgent. I was just thinking ahead! Likewise if it's not something you guys are up for due to admin overheads or whatever, then that's completely cool with me. I'll continue to /wave when I see you around!

The guild is not goons-only, people that have been vouched for by goons are also welcome I believe. EU raiding is a bit of a pain (fellow EU goon here), but Eurotime ZG runs are a very real possibility.
For what it's worth, I'm always free in game, so just send a whisper (in-game name is also Serperoth) if you need anything.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hell no you don't have to be in the guild to raid with us!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Also, we can invite all your friends into the guild along with you if you want.

\/\/ - You can grind elementals in the badlands, or basilisks in the shimmering flats for some expensive vendor trash. If you grind there from like 38-40 you should be pretty close to the gold you need

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 9, 2013

Blunder bus
Jan 27, 2012

All aboard the Blunder Bus!
Thanks for the offer, but experience tells me that they'll definitely prefer to stay in their own little circle! Good news that I can come on a few raids when I level up! As I said though, will be a while. Only just turned 30 and my immediate pre-occupation is saving for a mount! I took the advice of the priests in LGW and haven't bought a single spell that I don't case regularly (so no healing spells - no shadow spells I don't need). Even with all that happening I still only have 10g to my name.

Short of getting a lucky blue drop that I can AH is my best hope to level an alt and start mining or something?

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Sorry guys, something came up and I can't come to a ZG today unfortunately. I signed up as available on the planner.

I hope someone else can tank this run.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

lapse posted:

Sorry guys, something came up and I can't come to a ZG today unfortunately. I signed up as available on the planner.

I hope someone else can tank this run.

fffffffffffffffff

edit: We downed everything but bloodlord/jindo

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 10, 2013

yatzik
Apr 2, 2011

Not even a teensy bit of killing?
In as Nagaraja. Would love a guild invite.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

In as Gaybro the human warrior

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I'm in as Octochin the person who hates his life so much that he's leveling a priest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Going to give this another shot (I just seem to burn out halfway through leveling to 60 sigh)

In as Kejek, Human Warrior.

• Locked thread