Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Ciaphas posted:

Noted, thanks.

Is there any point at all in using the PLD while solo on a public server?

It also has thermal vision, which is great for finding people in a forestish type of area and spotting them, so you can swap to your sniper and shoot them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urby
May 31, 2011

MADE IN MEXICO
I'm bad at making videos... but battlefield is always more fun when you aren't playing seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzynpWXvaMs

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ciaphas posted:

I think I'm kind of the opposite of the do-nothing snipers everyone hates--I'm always trying to gain ground and clear objectives, but it usually ends with a score of, say, 3-20. It's pretty frustrating :(

Motion balls, radio beacon, M40A5 with a suppressor, canted irons, and a 4x. You basically become god. Replace the M40 with a suppressed AK5C and you're untouchable at close range.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

I just got banned from the 1st Bravo Company server for having a "vulgar emblem" (I had copied the crying face from someone else here). I'm not sure whether I should be proud or annoyed. I would attribute it to my performance, since I did pretty well last round, but my team still lost, so I guess it's just sad pubbies.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
I'm seeing a lot of that orange dog face meme as emblems which looks impressive. And I saw a guy with a lemongrab kill me and I just had to rage type UNACCEPTABLLLLLLE to him

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

This. Is. BATTLEFIELD.

Seriously, that is one of the most battlefield things I have seen.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
That's basically an evolution of the strange AA missile behaviors in BF2 where they'd miss whatever you were firing at and fly off into the sky and then two minutes later you'd kill a bunch of enemies (and, for the real laughs, sometimes friendlies) in a chopper somewhere

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Captain Matchbox posted:

I'm seeing a lot of that orange dog face meme as emblems which looks impressive. And I saw a guy with a lemongrab kill me and I just had to rage type UNACCEPTABLLLLLLE to him

Man, AT faces as emblems never even occurred to me. I am a bad man.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

Urby posted:

I'm bad at making videos... but battlefield is always more fun when you aren't playing seriously.

Oh god this is going in the OP. :laffo:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Inspector_666 posted:

Man, AT faces as emblems never even occurred to me. I am a bad man.

Just avoid making rage face emblems, I dont understand why they are so popular, but every tjird death is to some gguy with a forever alone emblem.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Urby posted:

Is the EOD bot easier to control than in BF3? I remember controlling BF3's EOD bot was like trying to control an epileptic cat.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It's actually Ergo/Vertical grip and HB/Silencer once you get better. Though the compensator has its uses. Muzzle brake is only a crutch before a player learns to control a gun's recoil.

Mr.Citrus posted:

Stubby / potato grip is actually kind of useless IMO. Angled / Folding and Vertical/ Ergo has a much larger effect on your weapons performance.
Yeah I can see the advantages for people with great muscle memory and knowing recoil patterns; personally I've been going with the combination on rifles and carbines and it's so stable to ADS at mid/long range because the stubby/potato grip really helps negate the accuracy loss of the muzzle brake.

Technical stuff: is anyone else getting GPU usage issues? It might be the most recent AMD drivers but in game my GPUs are capping at 50% but then somehow decide to throttle up to 70-80% when in the deploy screen.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Revitalized posted:

Is the EOD bot easier to control than in BF3? I remember controlling BF3's EOD bot was like trying to control an epileptic cat.

It's way easier to control than BF3, yeah. The repair torch is absurdly lethal.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's way easier to control than BF3, yeah. The repair torch is absurdly lethal.

I still miss BC2's drill. I'd spend whole rounds just going after people with it. The noise it makes boring into someone's skull is just so wonderfully gruesome.

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

I wish I was playing this with a controller, so that I could throw it every time I die from getting stuck on a flat piece of terrain, or my soldier going into a state of quantum mantle trying to get over a one foot tall piece of rubble.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Undead Muppet posted:

I wish I was playing this with a controller, so that I could throw it every time I die from getting stuck on a flat piece of terrain, or my soldier going into a state of quantum mantle trying to get over a one foot tall piece of rubble.

I know the feeling. Once you start blowing buildings up to the point they're shells there's tiny foot high rises left everywhere to trip on. It's especially noticeable on the buildings in the Dam level in TDM.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So trying to hit things with the attack jets TV missile is the worst thing ever. It's like trying to drive the EOD bot from BF3 if it was thrown out of the sky. It also doesn't have the range to actually hit the ground from high altitudes! This is particularly :dice:y because you need to fly low to use it while having no control over your jet!

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 11, 2013

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
On the boats, once you get used to it, you can reliably hit the enemy boat as soon as the round starts.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Urby posted:

I would have gone with the terminator 2 theme myself. That EOD bot is no joke.

I think it's more funny when it tries to be serious.

randombattle fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 11, 2013

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Acquilae posted:

Yeah I can see the advantages for people with great muscle memory and knowing recoil patterns; personally I've been going with the combination on rifles and carbines and it's so stable to ADS at mid/long range because the stubby/potato grip really helps negate the accuracy loss of the muzzle brake.

Technical stuff: is anyone else getting GPU usage issues? It might be the most recent AMD drivers but in game my GPUs are capping at 50% but then somehow decide to throttle up to 70-80% when in the deploy screen.

It doesn't help with the muzzle break spread increase though. A lot of people are misinterpreting what the stubby grips do. What people seem to think is 15% less spread. What they actually do is 15% less spread growth for auto shot every over 2. That means for every 3 or longer burst your spread increase per shot is only marginally less. Its a really minor effect that you would really only want on lmg's.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I knifed a dude and got called a friend of the family, and then all the friendly soldiers around me emitted a chorus of congratulations.

Only in BF4

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Robot Randy posted:

I knifed a dude and got called a friend of the family, and then all the friendly soldiers around me emitted a chorus of congratulations.

Only in BF4

http://youtu.be/FjME7LBkC3g?t=54s

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Is Battlelog responding like dogshit for anyone else? I can't get it to do anything without refreshing the page every 5 seconds.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Over 21% quit rate, of which maybe 2% is my own :suicide:

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
I'm all by myself on KFS :(

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

randombattle posted:

I would have gone with the terminator 2 theme myself. That EOD bot is no joke.

I think it's more funny when it tries to be serious.

Haha, this works. Up until Herb Alpert comes in.

I'm going through the multiplayer, so I can get a good feel of how the game mechanics work. I've played around in BF:BC2, but never felt I was good enough for multiplayer. After I can graduate from how BF1942 and BF2 (and especially BF:V) works, I hope to be able to join the goon servers.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?
Wow, I feel really dumb now that I realized you have to activate the XP boosts...

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Is there a way to make it so that if I'm aiming at a dude that happens to be in line of 2 capture points and 3 allies who need health kits that I can actually see them through the neon lights?

Mantle
May 15, 2004

quote:

Is this the console thread?

Shut up.

What does this even mean?

I want to find out if this game has a PS3 goon group as good as the BC2 group. Where are the PS3 goons hiding? Does the game run well on PS3? I have a lovely PC.

Trisk
Feb 12, 2005

Totally TWISTED posted:

Over 21% quit rate, of which maybe 2% is my own :suicide:

I don't know how seriously people take this stat in BF but it almost seems fair that after they fix what they feel are a majority of the crashes they should reset this for everyone.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Trisk posted:

I don't know how seriously people take this stat in BF but it almost seems fair that after they fix what they feel are a majority of the crashes they should reset this for everyone.

In BF3 I only ever weighed this stat when trying to determine if someone was a potential hacker or stat booster.

JuHoZ
May 13, 2009
Heh, 13,76% quit rate. 0% of my own. Thats less crashes than I would have thought though.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Trisk posted:

You can always reset your stats if you get premium. It really doesn't matter though.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I "quit" servers if the teams are unbalanced since you can't see the score board before you join. I'm not sure why that is a stat that is recorded or why any one would care enough about it to want to reset it?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
24.72% quits. It's come down a bit since I started avoiding Shanghai and Dawnbreaker. On the other hand, BF4 has now started crashing in every map but now it's a different type. So much for improvements.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
From what I can tell some servers are worse than others. I had a long run of not getting any then crashed loads over the weekend.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Is there a way to make it so that if I'm aiming at a dude that happens to be in line of 2 capture points and 3 allies who need health kits that I can actually see them through the neon lights?

In your options you can turn HUD size down. Makes it slightly harder to highlight points for squad orders but it's worth it.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So anyone have any grip recommendations for the M16A4? Been running with the stubby for now, but it seems it's pretty worthless if it only saves the 3rd shot. Does the AFG actually lower all first shot recoil or just the FSRM? If it's the latter, it's also uselsss on the '16, so am I just best off running the movement one? So confused.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I guess I missed last night's "why are only the pubbies in those videos this bad?" discussion. I guess it's my own fault because I could've posted these earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD7i9DCvbds&hd=1
I believe this was on the Eurogoon server.

This one has a bit of conversation at the beginning I didn't want to cut. Stabbing starts ~30s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o97aOOIUIXI&hd=1
There is short cut at the end where I thought "better save this to the hdd" and then it went on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

Mantle posted:

What does this even mean?

I want to find out if this game has a PS3 goon group as good as the BC2 group. Where are the PS3 goons hiding? Does the game run well on PS3? I have a lovely PC.
I literally have no idea what the console guys are doing since their BF3 thread doesn't mention BF4 in the OP.

Sereri posted:

I guess I missed last night's "why are only the pubbies in those videos this bad?" discussion. I guess it's my own fault because I could've posted these earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD7i9DCvbds&hd=1
I believe this was on the Eurogoon server.

This one has a bit of conversation at the beginning I didn't want to cut. Stabbing starts ~30s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o97aOOIUIXI&hd=1
There is short cut at the end where I thought "better save this to the hdd" and then it went on.
Goddamn that multiple stab with the machete is so brutal when they're laying on the ground. I loving love that thing.

Grey Fox V2 fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Nov 11, 2013

• Locked thread