Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Yes, Soul Reaver is great. Some of the puzzles really loving suck so just load up a walkthrough for those parts. Like ^ said it's mainly the box pushing ones. But the story is good, the voice acting is actually good for an early 3D game, excellent atmosphere and sound design. Though yes the game ends on a cliffhanger. There are sequels, but they weren't as good and the story as a whole takes a huge pretentious poo poo on itself and is also never resolved fully and probably never will be. Definitely play Soul Reaver, then maybe check out LPs of the later games.

edit: Oh. It's already out. Whatev, here's my endorsement anyway. Just watch for it to go on sale again around Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Witcher 2 is good, but who the hell doesn't have it by now?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I just feel sorry for the people who are buying it because they only have it on steam.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

That's a pretty good assessment of the Soul Reaver/Kain games.

Anyone even know what the Texas game is?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I don't have any Witcher games because I understood them to be pretty bad. Was I wrong on this?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I've got the Witcher 2 on steam and I must ask: Can Geralt step down a one-foot ledge in this one? Can you press LMB to attack without having Geralt enact a Polish Riverdance?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Jonny Nox posted:

I just feel sorry for the people who are buying it because they only have it on steam.

What is wrong with having it on steam? :confused:

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Jamesman posted:

I don't have any Witcher games because I understood them to be pretty bad. Was I wrong on this?

Very much so. 2 is more polished than 1 in a lot of ways, but both are excellent games.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Kangra posted:

That's a pretty good assessment of the Soul Reaver/Kain games.

Judging by its page, it's called the Real Texas, and it's an indy-tastic action-RPG.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Kangra posted:

I just got it for free, so I might find out. :toot:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I thought there was a page where you could use your steam key to activate it on GOG. That's how I got my GOG copy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jamesman posted:

They're not perfect by any means but they're definitely pretty fun, good graphics and production value and everything, pretty solid story. Depends upon what you want, but there's definitely worse games out there.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Jonny Nox posted:

I thought there was a page where you could use your steam key to activate it on GOG. That's how I got my GOG copy.

Yes there is, you get the serial from Steam and enter it in GOG. I did it when the link was pasted 200 pages ago.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Finally got Lords of Midnight!

Kangra
May 7, 2012

LoM finally! (Almost clicked on free Nexus before realizing I already have it.)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Listen here bitches, Anodyne isn't that bad. It's like a Zelda 1 game but with jumping. It's definitely worth the $2.50 and can get about 10 hours of play time.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

GreenNight posted:

Listen here bitches, Anodyne isn't that bad. It's like a Zelda 1 game but with jumping.

So, it's like StarTropics?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

Except with less of a story and memorable characters. Also lesser graphics.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Mercury Crusader posted:

It's like Yume Nikki but with more direction and actual gameplay. High on dreamy atmosphere. Controls are a bit finicky though.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

The hell? This is still going on? I thought they were only going to have 101 games on sale?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

The hell? This is still going on? I thought they were only going to have 101 games on sale?

It's the same 101 games over and over again.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Oh, I see. Have the same free games reappeared as well?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

GreenNight posted:

It's the same 101 games over and over again.

Which is fine by me - managed to grab La-Mulana the second time around.

Blattdorf fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 15, 2013

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Yes.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

It looks more like one of the games is picked at random to be free, and depending how long it lasts those may or may not repeat. That's based on a guess that the earlier incident of Resonance being free and then being for sale was random chance (although that could have been quantum fluctuations).

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Edit: /\/\/\Beaten

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

startopia is an awesome dungeon-keeper style game and you should buy it.

BUY IT NOW

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Picked up Startopia, and I'm out. Managed to get through half of my wishlist games in one day for just under $10. Pretty fun!

Oh ho, they're listing ROTT as "last chance"...we're at the end I think.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Have games said "Last Chance" before?

This is the end.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Holy poo poo .. looks like it is ROUND THREE! New last chance box under quantities on RotT.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

e: beaten, question already asked.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Round three RoTT, time for a powernap.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
It now says LAST CHANCE under Rise of the Triad. I guess we're gonna be seeing games in this sale for the last run.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

Have games said "Last Chance" before?

No. And since this is the first we are seeing this, we are going to see Jack Kleane again!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Is this the end entirely or is it just "Last Chance" for ROTT and there's a third round for all the games that we're now in? Could we get stuck on 300 copies of Jack Keane 2 for days?

Edit: Actually it'll probably be free and there will be no delay. Or did the free games also go up for sale during the second round?

Brightman fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 14, 2013

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
It's the end of days sales! :shepspends:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Brightman posted:

Is this the end entirely or is it just "Last Chance" for ROTT and there's a third round for all the games that we're now in? Could we get stuck on 300 copies of Jack Keane 2 for days?

loving nobody knows man.

I think this is round 3, but may not include all games. We'll find out for sure after 250 more copies of ROTT sell.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I'm going to bed in a bit so bring on 500 copies of Jack Keane 2. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Jack Keane will be the final game. 100 copies. The sale will continue all weekend.