Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
I've been playing a character with this modlist:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] IWR.esm
[X] OWB Companion Teleport.esp
[X] OWB Valence Extra.esp
[X] LFox Bottle That Water.esp
[X] SecretStash20.esp
[X] SecretStash80.esp
[X] SecretStash60.esp
[X] SecretStash40.esp
[X] Color Me Evil.esp
[X] IWR - Rebuilt.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended20.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended100.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended60.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended40.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended80.esp

(For some reason, OWB Companion Teleport re-enables itself if it's disabled.) But I've just discovered that attempting to investigate the crashed satellite causes my game to crash during the initial "whiteout" animation - even if all the mods are disabled. If the MBOWBExtended mods are enabled, it crashes about a half-second earlier than it would otherwise, but I can't get into the DLC in either case. Does anybody have any ideas for solving this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

GrumpyDoctor posted:

I've been playing a character with this modlist:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] IWR.esm
[X] OWB Companion Teleport.esp
[X] OWB Valence Extra.esp
[X] LFox Bottle That Water.esp
[X] SecretStash20.esp
[X] SecretStash80.esp
[X] SecretStash60.esp
[X] SecretStash40.esp
[X] Color Me Evil.esp
[X] IWR - Rebuilt.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended20.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended100.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended60.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended40.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended80.esp

(For some reason, OWB Companion Teleport re-enables itself if it's disabled.) But I've just discovered that attempting to investigate the crashed satellite causes my game to crash during the initial "whiteout" animation - even if all the mods are disabled. If the MBOWBExtended mods are enabled, it crashes about a half-second earlier than it would otherwise, but I can't get into the DLC in either case. Does anybody have any ideas for solving this?

One remove from your mod list
code:
[X] SecretStash20.esp
[X] SecretStash60.esp
[X] SecretStash40.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended20.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended60.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended40.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended80.esp
they are redundant, two try uninstalling OWB Companion Teleport.esp, so it cannot re-enable itself and try again to make sure that is not an issue

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
I've removed all of the mods, and that savegame still can't get into OWB.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo, what's the console command to manipulate the "hardcap" of companions? Also, is there a command to set how many companions you have? I only have one, but New Vegas thinks I have 5 (using CCO.)

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Turtlicious posted:

Yo, what's the console command to manipulate the "hardcap" of companions? Also, is there a command to set how many companions you have? I only have one, but New Vegas thinks I have 5 (using CCO.)

I don't know if there is one. Searching "companion" on the console commands wiki page only turns up commands to open an NPC's inventory and to reset a quest. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gamebryo_console_commands

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?
The limit's actually not a game variable. Each companion's dialog tree checks your number of their type of companion (human or nonhuman). The mods I've seen that allow you to have more than the normal max do so by resetting those variables to 0 on some regular basis (I think the one I used before does it every second).

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Run this command in the NV to fix your companion count issue

code:
set "000B16D0".nCurrentFollowers to 1
There must be some sort of mod conflict for this to have happened though.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Hey all, last time I played New Vegas I had a mod that would let me adjust a lot of variables through the MCM, like how many perks I'd get per level, how much damage enemies would take through headshots, etc... I thought it was part of Project Nevada, but it's not showing up. Anyone know what it was off the top of their head?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Project Nevada, but the rebalance module.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Hey all, last time I played New Vegas I had a mod that would let me adjust a lot of variables through the MCM, like how many perks I'd get per level, how much damage enemies would take through headshots, etc... I thought it was part of Project Nevada, but it's not showing up. Anyone know what it was off the top of their head?

Get Project Nevada and Project Nevada extra options, making sure to install the rebalance portions and you will have what you want.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Turns out that there's a script error in the latest version of Project Nevada Rebalance that keeps the options menu from showing up in MCM.

There's a fix here.

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012
That's odd, I never installed any patch and the MCM menu for PN works fine.

It's kind of strange, previously I've ignored the Rebalance module of PN in favor of a JSawyer / CCO combo, but with extra options, the rebalance module is actually a really powerful and easy way to changing the game's difficulty level. Starting with the preset for FWE settings, I was able to make a pretty rough game for my TTW playthrough. (For a while anyways, before reaching godlike levels of power as is inevitable in Bethesda games)

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Well, I tried to do NVBII on a new file, but I never got the notification on finishing NVB and the poster still isn't in front of the Goodsprings General Store. Is there something specific I need to do with the someguyseries.esb? It's showing up in FOMM as active, so I don't know what else I'd need to do.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Anyone know why I have weird, low resolution blobs in the landscapes I edit in the GECK? They only show up in-game, not in the GECK. They're like hills that I can walk right through, and they jut up through the statics that I've placed.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

So, I'm attempting to re-install New Vegas with the mods I used to use after a catastrophic computer failure a couple of months ago. Now, last time I played I used these mods and the game ran well (enough), now the game crashes out right after the initial credits screen. Here's the load order I have currently. This order was set by the BOSS load order thingy in FOMM, which has the caveat that it's not perfect or even often accurate. I know this is wrong, but I don't know how or why. Any insights?

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 15, 2013

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is there any way to strip the mods out of my New Vegas folder without deleting and re-downloading all 10 gigs of it? Because that's a lot of gigabytes.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Delete everything but the main game (and expansion) BSA and ESM files in the Data folder. Plus, don't delete the Video folder. You may still have a small amount of redownloading but that will save you from having to do all the big poo poo.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Now, last time I played I used these mods and the game ran well (enough), now the game crashes out right after the initial credits screen. Any insights?
A crash at startup while using mods is generally caused by the game throwing a hissy fit over a missing master. Grab FNVEdit, have it process your loadorder and see what it says.

Alasyre posted:

Anyone know why I have weird, low resolution blobs in the landscapes I edit in the GECK? They only show up in-game, not in the GECK. They're like hills that I can walk right through, and they jut up through the statics that I've placed.
Depending on where you've placed your stuff, it could be the LOD. If it is, then you need to regenerate it.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Nov 14, 2013

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Raygereio posted:

Depending on where you've placed your stuff, it could be the LOD. If it is, then you need to regenerate it.

Is there a way to do this that doesn't take 10 hours? I'm very new to worldspace editing, and this is what the GECK is telling me when I try to generate terrain meshes.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Paracelsus posted:

Well, I tried to do NVBII on a new file, but I never got the notification on finishing NVB and the poster still isn't in front of the Goodsprings General Store. Is there something specific I need to do with the someguyseries.esb? It's showing up in FOMM as active, so I don't know what else I'd need to do.

What's your modlist order? I'm not seeing it in your recent posts.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Is there any way to move the Imp's complex needs gauges HUD thing? It's currently sticking to the top left of my screen, and it overlaps with all the usual stuff that displays there.

Edit: Nevermind, actually reading the readme instructed me on what to do.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 14, 2013

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Psion posted:

What's your modlist order? I'm not seeing it in your recent posts.

FalloutNV.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
Survivalist Bunker.esm
SomeguySeries.esm
CASM.esp
Western Sky.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
Lombard Station.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp

Total active plugins: 22
Total plugins: 23

Inactive plugin is the Darker Nights version of Western Sky, which seemed to cause some instability.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Run BOSS, son.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

CJacobs posted:

It wasn't my doing. You try making a good looking female character in this game. :shrug:
I made a bald girl once and she was hot like Jean-Luc Picard.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Okay, new annoying issue. Something I installed turns most food items into Food Item+. This apparently included the Xander Root and Broc Flower that the tutorial quest asks you to get. And Sunny apparently won't take them. What can I do here?

Edit: Did a sort of bandage fix: Turned off Imp's, added a Broc Flower to my inventory, finished quest, turned on Imp's again.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 14, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Alasyre posted:

Is there a way to do this that doesn't take 10 hours? I'm very new to worldspace editing, and this is what the GECK is telling me when I try to generate terrain meshes.
I don't know if there's a way to only generate part of a worldspace's LOD instead of the entire thing. I've never even managed to succesfully generate LOD in the first place, the GECK always crashed on me during the process.
I'd go over the GECK forum section for both FO3 and F:NV on the Bethesda forums and and the GECK wiki see if you can find some information.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Raygereio posted:

I don't know if there's a way to only generate part of a worldspace's LOD instead of the entire thing. I've never even managed to succesfully generate LOD in the first place, the GECK always crashed on me during the process.
I'd go over the GECK forum section for both FO3 and F:NV on the Bethesda forums and and the GECK wiki see if you can find some information.

Ugh, maybe I'll just move everything up. Thanks for the help!

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Raygereio posted:

A crash at startup while using mods is generally caused by the game throwing a hissy fit over a missing master. Grab FNVEdit, have it process your loadorder and see what it says.

Thanks! So, I found the problem with the master. Now it loads all the way to the picture of the NCR Ranger where the Start/Load/etc choices are supposed to be, and nothing shows. The picture is there, but the menu isn't, and the game crashes at that point. I grabbed FNVEdit, but I feel like I'm too stupid to figure it out because it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Here's the load order as it stands now. As I said before, I've had all of these mods working before, so I can't figure out what the problem is now. Is it something to do with the newest version of New Vegas, which I downloaded from Steam for this install?

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
HonestHearts.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Ambient Temperature.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
Advanced Recon Tech.esm
CFWNV.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
Inventory Access.esm
Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
VMods - Master.esm
Primary Needs HUD.esm
Advanced Recon Range Finder.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
HUD Extended.esp
HUD Extended - Ambient Temperature.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
UHNV.esp
Existence2.0.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
SecretStash20.esp
SecretStash40.esp
SecretStash60.esp
SecretStash80.esp
mojave music radio expanded v1.1.esp
BluesRadioNV.esp
WPR.esp
old vaquero includes that gun.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
that gun holdout.esp
Advanced Recon Gear.esp
Advanced Recon Tech.esp
better that gun 223.esp
better that gun 44mag.esp
Powered Power Armor.esp
Ambient Temperature - PPA.esp
Realistic_Repair_NV.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
GrenadeHotkey.esp
Imp's More Complex Needs.esp
Imp's More Complex Needs - JA - SORTED.esp
IMCNNV - Sorted.esp
Ambient Temperature - IMCNNV.esp
IMCNNV - HUD and Hotkeys.esp
Jump Fall Fixer.esp
VMods.esp
Mojave Nights.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money (Rebalance).esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal (Rebalance).esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
Nevada Skies.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
Ambient Temperature - Nevada Skies.esp
Railway Rifle 2.0.esp
JM1Garand4Loot.esp
RepairKit.esp
m1d.esp
Stampede.esp
CFWNVOptionalTweaker.esp
NVNightVision.esp
Lombard Station.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
1nivVSLArmors.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
Advanced Recon Gear - Project Nevada.esp

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Thanks for posting this. This shouldn't be happening given your LO, but Lombard modifies the exterior of the Goodsprings Saloon which is in the same cell - puts a holotape there. If NVB is trying the same thing, it's possible those two aren't getting along. Might be worth a look in NVEdit. I mean, I don't think that's what's happening but it's the only possibility I've got :v:

I've used Lombard and NVB together before, so I know it's not an incompatibility issue.

(also move the main Lombard esp above its DLC esps)

worst case, what happens if you just go to the Boulder City Jail and try to start NVBII that way?

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Psion posted:

Thanks for posting this. This shouldn't be happening given your LO, but Lombard modifies the exterior of the Goodsprings Saloon which is in the same cell - puts a holotape there.
Is there a holotape I'm missing, because the only one I know of in Goodsprings is the one inside under the bar stool. (I never touched the intro quest stuff when I was working on LS, so I may in fact be missing one!)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Is there a holotape I'm missing, because the only one I know of in Goodsprings is the one inside under the bar stool. (I never touched the intro quest stuff when I was working on LS, so I may in fact be missing one!)

Yeah it's been forever since I've done any intro quest stuff with LS, too. I had to check this in the GECK. You're right - three holodiscs. One's inside the Saloon, one's inside Jean Sky Diving, and one's inside LS's entryway cave.

so, I was wrong on that. Never mind!

I have too many mods which dump too much poo poo all over Goodsprings apparently.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Psion posted:

(also move the main Lombard esp above its DLC esps)
I did that BOSS reorganizer thing, and it still left the main one down at the bottom. Should I still move it?

quote:

worst case, what happens if you just go to the Boulder City Jail and try to start NVBII that way?
I looked for the jail but couldn't find it. I did see something up near the NV Med Clinic called Fink's Bunker or something like that (it created a map point), and I don't recall that being part of NVBI or the main game, so I presume it's an NVBII asset and that some of it seems to be loading.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Paracelsus posted:

I did that BOSS reorganizer thing, and it still left the main one down at the bottom. Should I still move it?
I looked for the jail but couldn't find it. I did see something up near the NV Med Clinic called Fink's Bunker or something like that (it created a map point), and I don't recall that being part of NVBI or the main game, so I presume it's an NVBII asset and that some of it seems to be loading.

The Boulder City Jail marker is slightly east-northeast of Boulder City proper. It's one of those metal shacks, kinda like Fields' Shack. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Paracelsus posted:

I kinda had a problem with that one, I did it last night. The poster was there but it hadn't been placed properly and the center of it was clipped into the post it was supposted to be pinned to so I could only use it if I clicked on the very edge of the poster.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Thanks! So, I found the problem with the master. Now it loads all the way to the picture of the NCR Ranger where the Start/Load/etc choices are supposed to be, and nothing shows. The picture is there, but the menu isn't, and the game crashes at that point. I grabbed FNVEdit, but I feel like I'm too stupid to figure it out because it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Here's the load order as it stands now. As I said before, I've had all of these mods working before, so I can't figure out what the problem is now. Is it something to do with the newest version of New Vegas, which I downloaded from Steam for this install?

You only need 1 secret stash ESP

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Right on, thanks for the catch. Sadly, the game was hanging up at the Ranger screen before I installed Secret Stash.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Paracelsus posted:

Yeah. I don't think BOSS knows what to do with Lombard. You want the DLC expansion ESPs to overwrite the base Lombard one.

On the other hand, if it works, then it works, right?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Psion posted:

Yeah. I don't think BOSS knows what to do with Lombard. You want the DLC expansion ESPs to overwrite the base Lombard one.

On the other hand, if it works, then it works, right?
The auto-sorters have had issues with DLC items, usually not removing them but in the case of armors sometimes just eating them by removing them from my character but not putting them in the lockers.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

I felt like makin' this since folks seemed interested in having the winterized wasteland in their game:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/szf02gis6mareu8/Winter+Wasteland+Stuff+%28except+URWLNV%29.rar

It's a combination of all the textures used and the ENB I use, which creates that kinda foggy look when combined with the URWLNV mod. I'd recommend backing up your textures folder since it's just a raw rear end series of texture replacers. An alternative to that is making a FOMOD out of the textures folder if you're using FOMM so you get an automatic backup of the files you're replacing.

You also need URWLNV from http://www.moddb.com/mods/urwlnv-ultimate-edition-v10-beta to get the weather- specifically, the "Snowy Weather" setting is what creates that kinda atmosphere that I really enjoy.

Without the snowy weather, it's gonna look like this:

With that weather enabled/locked it oughta look like this:

I honestly can't help with technical issues too much since I'm pretty inept at that stuff in general. But if there's anythin' wrong please feel free to give a shout since the only real testing I did with this was with the textures. I know the ENB stuff can be iffy for folks, but right now the configuration of the file locations and stuff is for FNV4GB since that's what I use.

edit: I would also recommend re-installing/installing Vurt's Wasteland Fauna Overhaul over the textures 'cause they're pretty dang great in comparison to the ones provided from the mods I use.

edit 2: Also, instead of usin' the ENB provided APEX works wonders too- it's just a matter of preference. APEX is less vibrant in the snow, but is also less foggy.

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mingest
Oct 5, 2013
I'm having a ton of trouble keeping my mod load-out stable. It seems to enjoy hanging on reloads, and crashing whenever I try to enter or exit the general vicinity of Nipton. I've used FNVEdit and it's found no issues, so I'm probably doing something stupid.

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Caliber.esm