Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
I am going to sleep. If Miasmata shows up, will one of you get it and I'll pay you back tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Giana Sisters - 225 copies @ 80% off for those keeping score at home - going quick.

edit: Followed by Rayman Origins - 600 copies at 75% off.

pvax fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Nov 17, 2013

zephyrkitty
Oct 3, 2013
I need to get some sleep, and I'll be away from the computer until this evening. If I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream shows up, would one of you be willing to get a copy for me and I'll pay you back?

saucerman
Mar 20, 2009

zephyrkitty posted:

I need to get some sleep, and I'll be away from the computer until this evening. If I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream shows up, would one of you be willing to get a copy for me and I'll pay you back?

If you just care about the game, not the extras, and have Steam you can get it here for 1 $: http://vodo.net/bigbrother

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well it's too late now! Let it download and give it a go, because you are in for a treat :allears:.

I'm about an hour in, and I have to say that this is nothing. The speech is maybe a little stilted but at least the speakers clearly know English. The last game I played was Darkstar One, where most of the human voice actors sound like a bunch of Germans reading off a phonetic translation of an Australian accent.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Is that list of games left for the last chance sale still being updated somewhere?

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
I braved the GOG forums where Jack Keane jokes run rampant and got this full list of what's been for sale and what's still left:

some awesome dude on the GOG forums posted:

Okay. I see there some "new faces" so here is a full list :

Games that have already been offered on the "Last Chance" round:
GoG confirmed that anything listed as "FREE" in this "Last Chance" Round will be up again with a price.

Rise of the Triad $7.49
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator $1.49
System Shock 2 FREE
Blood (One Unit Whole Blood) $1.49
Master of Magic $1.19
Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within $11.99
Lords of Midnight $1.93
Myst: Masterpiece Ed $1.49
Miasmata FREE
Eador: Masters of the Broken World $5.99
Sniper Elite $1.99
Baldur's Gate 2
Might and Magic 1-6
Sniper Elite: Berlin FREE
Book of Unwritten Tales
Thunderscape
Divinity: Dragon Commander $22.49
Aquanox FREE
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum $5.99
Rogue Legacy $4.99
Populous: The Beginning $1.49
Syberia $1.99
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms + Expansion $1.49
Don't Starve FREE
AquaNox 2: Revelation $1.49
Two Worlds 2: Epic Ed. $3.99
Chaos Engine $3.29
Space Colony HD FREE
Reus $2.49
Megabyte Punch $4.99
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon $2.49
Deus Ex GOTY $1.99
Torchlight $2.99
Total Annihilation: Commander Pack FREE
Master of Orion 1+2 $1.49
Blackwell Bundle $2.99
System Shock 2 $1.99
Anodyne $2.49
Startopia $1.49
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon FREE
Magrunner: Dark Pulse $9.99
Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete $3.99
Total Annihilation: Commander Pack $1.49
Don't Starve $4.99
Shadow Man $2.39
AquaNox 2: Revelation FREE
Retro City Rampage $3.74
Anvil of Dawn $1.49
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $2.99
Ultima 7 The Complete Ed. $1.49
Defender's Quest $2.99
Book of Unwritten Tales FREE
Leisure Suit Larry $2.49
The Real Texas $2.99
Tales of Monkey Island $5.24
Inquisitor $3.74
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams FREE
Evoland $2.49
Geneforge 1-5 $2.99
Wing Commander 4 $1.49
Heroes of Might & Magic 5 bundle $4.99
Hotline Miami $2.49
Blackwell Bundle FREE
Sacred Gold $1.99
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav $3.99
Shelter $3.99
Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings FREE
Ultima Underworld 1+2 $1.49
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams $2.99
Rayman Origins $4.99
FEZ $2.99

Games that should be left to come.

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic $2.49
Alpha Centauri $1.49
Aquanox $1.49
Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut $4.99
Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga $1.99
Beyond Good and Evil $2.49
Brutal Legend $3.74
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller $10.09
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Ed $1.49
Expeditions: Conquistador $4.99
Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete Ed $2.49
I have No Mouth And I Must Scream $1.93
Icewind Dale Complete $1.99
Jade Empire: Special Ed $2.99
King of Dragon Pass $1.49
King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY $4.99
La Mulana $2.99
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49
Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded $7.99
Lucius $3.99
Miasmata $2.99
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Ed. $1.99
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident $1.99
Omerta: City of Gangsters + all DLC $7.99
Planescape: Torment $1.99
Postal 2 Complete $2.49
Primordia $2.49
Psychonauts $2.49
Puddle $1.99
Resonance $2.49
Space Colony HD $2.49
Spellforce Platinum $2.49
Strike Suit Zero $4.99
Sword of the Stars: The Pit $2.09
Theme Hospital $1.49
Thief Gold $1.99
Thief 2: Metal Age $1.99
Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $1.99
Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.49
Tropico 3 Gold Ed. $2.99
Wargame: European Escalation $6.69
Wing Commander: Privateer $1.49
Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings $5.99

That post is from about an hour ago.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I assume that means no more freebies?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

double nine posted:

I assume that means no more freebies?

There have been a few more, I'm not sure all games have been given out as freebies yet.

Strike Suit Zero is up now. This is the 'campaign mode' game and is pretty decent from what I've played, though I'm not into space sims.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Besides the obvious choices (Thief, Beyond Good and Evil, the D&D rpgs, HoMM3, Psychonauts, Witcher 2) are there any other must-haves in that list?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

radlum posted:

Besides the obvious choices (Thief, Beyond Good and Evil, the D&D rpgs, HoMM3, Psychonauts, Witcher 2) are there any other must-haves in that list?

Well you didn't mention Alpha Centauri which should be another pretty obvious choice. If not the most obvious.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

radlum posted:

Duke Nukem 3D if you don't have it already! Even though I've heard mixed things, I'm waiting for Jade Empire. It's the only Bioware RPG I haven't played.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Crap, alpha centauri still hasn't come up? Thought I was done buying things... Also I missed WC4 again. So sad about that, I have always wanted to play that game.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Does anyone here own a copy of Silent Storm from GoG? I tried to get my CD copy working a year or so ago but kept getting some weird crash on starting the game I couldnt fix and wanted to see if people using Windows 7 here had it working.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

Does anyone here own a copy of Silent Storm from GoG? I tried to get my CD copy working a year or so ago but kept getting some weird crash on starting the game I couldnt fix and wanted to see if people using Windows 7 here had it working.

Yeah. It works great.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
Aaand... AquaNox. :toot:

That completes my wishlist for this time around. Thanks for all the useful info during the sale, y'all.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Wing Commander Privateer is up

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Wargame EE

I want this badly, but I know it's never going to get played beyond the first couple non-tutorial missions.

e: Wow, they only put up 72 copies

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Jonny Nox posted:

Wargame EE

I want this badly, but I know it's never going to get played beyond the first couple non-tutorial missions.

That's what happened with me when I bought it on Steam. I think I just need to admit to myself that I like the concept of RTSes more than I like playing them.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident for $1.99.

Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident...looks complicated.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
Nexus is up! Only need Alpha Centauri now and I got all I wanted.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DannyTanner posted:

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident for $1.99.

This is a fantastic game. I absolutely loved it.

OrganicAnkleSocks
Dec 5, 2005

Jonny Nox posted:

I tried to buy it when there were 38 copies left, but then got a Paypay "your payment information could not be verified due to technical reasons. Try again in one hour." Thanks, server loads.

Jupiter is going fast.

/e: Well Paypal shows the charge.

Jupiter gone already--Resonance up!

OrganicAnkleSocks fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 17, 2013

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Huge Fucker Bitch posted:

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident...looks complicated.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/freespace-evolution/downloads/freespace-evolution-10

This is the reason why i'm gonna buy Nexus for 2 bux

EDIT: Nevermind, went to go take a break and Nexus flew off the shelves. Oh well, Not like I haven't purchased like 8 games out of this.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 17, 2013

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

600 copies of resonance?

Why do you do this to us GOG?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
I hope none of the Thief games pass me by while I'm gone because I sure as hell would like to get all three of them. We'll see.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

Jonny Nox posted:

600 copies of resonance?

Resonance is great. Everyone get it. Especially at that price.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Jonny Nox posted:

600 copies of resonance?

It's a Wadjet game, and supposedly ranks up there with Primordia as one of their better works.

EDIT: bought because Primordia is one of the best point-and-clicks ever

monster on a stick fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 17, 2013

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008
I love this sale!, I got nine new games And I still haven't spent :20bux: yet.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Everyone should remember that Wadjet Eye just publishes some of these games, they don't develop them. Primordia and Resonance come from different development houses.

I loved Primordia and didn't find Resonance so hot, but it's not terrible (and a lot of other people seem to like it).

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Also Logan Cunningham aka the Narrator from Bastion (and the protagonist in Primordia) is one of the voice actors in Resonance.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
I much preferred Resonance to Primordia. Primordia's art is great, but colour scheme made it difficult for me to see the objects. And some of the puzzles in drove me up the wall - it seemed really inconsistent about the range of Crispin's flight ability, for instance.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
So far I've gotten Geneforge 1-5, Wing Commander 4 and Resonance for less than $10 total. It's been a good sale.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
900 copies of Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic. Is this a decent game or is this going to be a good time to go shopping?

Kangra
May 7, 2012

^^^^^
Seems to be moving pretty quick, but I have not played it.

e: f,b

As for Primordia vs Resonance, I think the point about the visual design being a bit hard to follow is fair. But Primordia does have some of the best writing of any game ever. I found myself intentionally holding off on finishing quests just to talk to the characters a bit more. Resonance has pretty solid mechanics and visuals, but the writing and characterization isn't so strong (especially the farther you go into the game).

Kangra fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 17, 2013

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Shadow magic is pretty darn good, if you like Civ + Fantasy genre, whatever that's called. I forget if you can actually build a new city in this version, though, or if you're stuck with whatever city locations the map gives you.

It's no Master of Magic, but what is?

I assume this can multiplay with the Steam version. Anyone know for sure?

edit: Alpha Centuri was released in the 1900s. You'll be fine.

edit2: I haven't played Shadow Magic much at all. I'm pretty sure it's all turn-based, but if I remember corruptly, it's all about the macro. Tactical battles, though, not Civ's dice roll.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 17, 2013

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
^^^ Is it heavy on micromanagement?

Any recommendations on games (especially those featured during the sale) that will run on a three year old laptop with lovely Intel integrated graphics card? I'm mostly interested in something that will keep me busy on a plane trip or something. Alpha Centauri should work, right?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

monster on a stick posted:

^^^ Is it heavy on micromanagement?

Any recommendations on games (especially those featured during the sale) that will run on a three year old laptop with lovely Intel integrated graphics card? I'm mostly interested in something that will keep me busy on a plane trip or something. Alpha Centauri should work, right?

here's a youtube video with gameplay on display: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iipQ0LrhJfM

It's pretty light on micro. Just select what you want to have built in cities with empty build cues, order armies around, command troops in the battle maps (like the campaign map they're turn-based), cast spells (mostly buffs, debuffs, summoning spells and terrain-effect spells like turn everything in my domain in a dead ashland or raise the seas to drown all the land - magic is element-based, y'see).

the world has 3 "layers": surface, underground tunnels and an otherworldly plain, forget what it's called. You move armies between those realms with the use of portal nodes (though surface-underground portals are called cave entrances or tunnels or something along those lines - mechanically the work the same). Also has 15 or so different races with quite different bonuses/penalties and each has a unique unit set, divided in the good /neutral/evil category.

The goblin race has goblin suicide bombers and rides giant beetles; the dwarves have steam tanks, and there is a race that are nothing but dragons and lizards. Also the ultimate form

edit: changed the video to one that is probably more representative

double nine fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

PFlats posted:

Shadow magic is pretty darn good, if you like Civ + Fantasy genre, whatever that's called. I forget if you can actually build a new city in this version, though, or if you're stuck with whatever city locations the map gives .

edit2: I haven't played Shadow Magic much at all. I'm pretty sure it's all turn-based, but if I remember corruptly, it's all about the macro. Tactical battles, though, not Civ's dice roll.
If I'm remembering correctly you can send out caravans that turn into outposts and can then upgrade to villages. But it's been a few years since I've played it and might be mixed up. And yes, it's all turn based.