Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"... Let's not do that."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

I prefer to move on foot.

turning to Blitz I can watch over you while you project. I will contact you once I have found a suitable location. What do you weigh?

if there is time, I want to head home to grab all my climbing gear, my large medikit, and my gun. I keep it all in a bag that I can drop when it is jumping and stabbing time

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean
"Nights still young. We have the whole team here and theres bound to be more things that come to us in regards to this work. And our decker would appreciate global grid access I'm sure. So lets spend a night in the VIP over drinks at one of the hottest nightclubs in Seoul, kick up our feet, enjoy life, and plan this out right. Mr. Rigged Deck here can do some matrix surveillance and research in between martinis, we get to know each other a bit, professionally of course. And, take it from there. I'd recommend we save the actual surveillance for tommorow, first get the matrix picture and the lay out of the building so when we go out on foot and look at the astral and the visual, it'll make a little more sense."

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

Niles decides discretion is the better part of valor and heads to the club to join the others. On the way he sends them the pictures and a description of what he has seen. He keeps the stuff about the sewers and love hotel to himself for now.

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 16, 2013

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Blitz

"About 85 kilos, why..."

Turning to Mr. Clean. "Sure, been a while since I could afford going out. So why not. Once Rigged Deck gets his hands on some details, it will be easier to know what to focus on. I agree with Mad Dog, something was not right with Kim. Either he's holding back on us, or was making up what he thought we wanted to hear to accept the job."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Eh, I could use something to eat," she says with a shrug. "Sorry Cap, don't want to blow my security camera debut on some night scouting. Keep us updated on what you see, though."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Minjun Young "Rigged Deck"

Rigged Deck gives Mr Clean a cocky grin.

"I happen to already have global access - and I'm going over some info I got while we were in the meeting. But I certainly won't turn down drinks; I do my best decking with a shot or two in me. And don't worry about getting there. This is the SIC, after all; grab a cab, take the subway, both work just fine. Sure as hell beats dealing with traffic and bizarre street layouts yourself."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"I'm used to dealing with bad streets. So where's this fancy VIP place you had in mind, Clean?"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I have a massive headache right now doing a PC build. First time heh. Ok I was gonna write this out IC tonight but i'll do it tommorow. Basically this is the gist of what i was gonna say. Offer the PCs a few locations off the top of his head.

"The Congo": Run by a nigerian expat who got his start in the nightclub scene in Japan, Roppongi in particular. Music is african inspired e-trance. High class clientele that varies from expats/tourists/corp guys/middle/high class locals. You might even find some japanese in the place as well, and the odd Renraku executive. Staffwise, the girls and the staff are predominately african or african american with hispanic. Security is mostly trolls/orks, attire from the staff is some hilarious notion of what african tribals would wear except oversexd and electrochromatic. Cage dancers are a thing here. So are BTLs if the music isn't quite doing it for you, and they have groups that come in and do some crazy astral music.

"Studio 65": For that UCAS home feel, its basically NYC nightlife exported to the Far East. Same type of clientele but mainly epats/tourists from australia/europe that frequent the place as well as Korean girls that wanna be the next Maria Mercurial judging by the plastic surgery and occasionally even cyberware, though most are content to just bodypaint the arms and "cosplay" the look to a degree. Owner is french. I'd write more but its not coming to me right now.

Also an underground chromerock club and a local Korean venue that does their thing but i drew blanks. The Bible feel free to move us on otherwise I'll post up tommorow or so.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 14, 2013

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Let's go to 65 and get this plan figured out.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'll write up the details for Capstick's casing of the building in a couple hours. Figures I would get a database project dumped on me just as I start a game.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

OC posted:

I have a gig at like 6am tomorrow and will not be able to post until tomorrow evening I think. I can try to make roll around lunchtime if need be.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Would you mind terrible if I just rolled for you? Nothing crazy (should) happen during a routine casing.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

Would you mind terrible if I just rolled for you? Nothing crazy (should) happen during a routine casing.

Not at all. If edge is regained between scenes then I would use it for general perception rolls and would burn it to not totally cock up.

I will be checking the thread and can make short posts but can't sit down and c/p rolls without 6 carpenters staring at me.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Capstick

As the others head off to do some planning, you head off in the direction of the building.

You arrive about 20 minutes later in a well-off commercial district of Seoul. Tall buildings tower across the skyline, each guarded by thick concrete barriers and steel gates, giving the impression of a concrete maze. Finding your destination is hard enough even with AR, no telling how anyone did it before it was even invented.

Your building is, sure enough, heavily guarded by thick steel gates, 4 meter walls and a manned security booth with tinted windows. You can't see in, but you better believe they can see out. A security camera is mounted directly to the left of the gate, and periodically swivels to the right, keeping a close eye on any elements that could be a threat. Razor wire lines the top of the fence. If this place is as rich as it looks, you bet it is probably also electrified.

Climbing looks to be possible, if not extremely dangerous, but then again, safety-minded people don't often become runners, do they?

Everyone else

This is Seoul. Finding cheap digs near your target of virtually any kind you want is piss easy. Pick a place and it's yours for just 500 nuyen a night.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

Capstick

As the others head off to do some planning, you head off in the direction of the building.

You arrive about 20 minutes later in a well-off commercial district of Seoul. Tall buildings tower across the skyline, each guarded by thick concrete barriers and steel gates, giving the impression of a concrete maze. Finding your destination is hard enough even with AR, no telling how anyone did it before it was even invented.

Your building is, sure enough, heavily guarded by thick steel gates, 4 meter walls and a manned security booth with tinted windows. You can't see in, but you better believe they can see out. A security camera is mounted directly to the left of the gate, and periodically swivels to the right, keeping a close eye on any elements that could be a threat. Razor wire lines the top of the fence. If this place is as rich as it looks, you bet it is probably also electrified.

Climbing looks to be possible, if not extremely dangerous, but then again, safety-minded people don't often become runners, do they?

Everyone else

This is Seoul. Finding cheap digs near your target of virtually any kind you want is piss easy. Pick a place and it's yours for just 500 nuyen a night.

OC posted:

Early morning posting.

Niles is specifically looking for any thing out of huge ordinary, specifically looking for alternate entrances to the building. He is also looking for any adjacent buildings taller then the target that might be less secure. Other then that, just looking for anything that fells off about the visible security.

Rolling perception, using edge.

Scouting the target building: 13d6h5 6

Nice.

Also want to call Eddy about locating a bolthole in case I/we need to lay low in a hurry after the job. I don't think we ever went over the details of getting the packages to Mr Kim so I really want a secure hideout.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Capstick

Good roll.

23:30

Around the side of the building is a second gate and guardhouse. The gate here is considerably wider than the first, and from what you can see beyond the wall, leads to what looks like a loading dock. Several trucks are parked, but no one appears to be doing anything with them at the moment.

You also find a narrow alley in the back. It would appear that maintenance pays less attention to this area, as the razorwire is matted with birdnest and there appear to be no security cameras focusing on this spot. You also see a good amount of gang related graffiti (Korean language check if you care to read it), which notably does not appear on any other section of the wall. The alleyway is just narrow enough that you could probably shimmy up the wall to get a peek of the other side.

Eddy
"Always the fuckin' night owl, I see. Glad to hear you ain't dead yet.

Let's see, places to hide out while the heat dies down. Well, it's Seoul. You probly ain't gonna like this, but the sewers are beyond ancient and nobody fuckin' goes down there for anything. You'll probably run into some nasty wildlife down there, but probably nothing worse than what's going to be chasing you if poo poo gets bad enough to go down there in the first place. They stink like poo poo, though, but that's probably reasonable, considering. I hear rumors that they didn't get all the bugs back in '55, but that's probly just a loada poo poo. Watch yourself anyway.

You might also try them love hotels if you got a little more time to dick around. I like 'em, and ain't no one ever caught me. Check in with a machine, dark hallways, shrouded parking lots, black tinted windows on both sides, anonymous as they get. Course, they're supposed to be used for fuckin', but I figure if you don't tell, they don't ask."

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

Capstick

Good roll.

23:30

Around the side of the building is a second gate and guardhouse. The gate here is considerably wider than the first, and from what you can see beyond the wall, leads to what looks like a loading dock. Several trucks are parked, but no one appears to be doing anything with them at the moment.

You also find a narrow alley in the back. It would appear that maintenance pays less attention to this area, as the razorwire is matted with birdnest and there appear to be no security cameras focusing on this spot. You also see a good amount of gang related graffiti (Korean language check if you care to read it), which notably does not appear on any other section of the wall. The alleyway is just narrow enough that you could probably shimmy up the wall to get a peek of the other side.

Awesome. Niles is going to take a ton of pictures and send them back to the team.

I do believe he will take a peak over the wall. I don't know if there are any modifiers but here are straight rolls:

Sneaking:
Sneaking a look over the fence: 16d6t5 4
Climbing:
Climbing the wall: 17d6t5 3

Depending on what I see will determine my next move. Niles feels obliged to join them for dinner but all his instincts want him to continue the hunt.

Eddy posted:

Eddy
"Always the fuckin' night owl, I see. Glad to hear you ain't dead yet.

Let's see, places to hide out while the heat dies down. Well, it's Seoul. You probly ain't gonna like this, but the sewers are beyond ancient and nobody fuckin' goes down there for anything. You'll probably run into some nasty wildlife down there, but probably nothing worse than what's going to be chasing you if poo poo gets bad enough to go down there in the first place. They stink like poo poo, though, but that's probably reasonable, considering. I hear rumors that they didn't get all the bugs back in '55, but that's probly just a loada poo poo. Watch yourself anyway.

You might also try them love hotels if you got a little more time to dick around. I like 'em, and ain't no one ever caught me. Check in with a machine, dark hallways, shrouded parking lots, black tinted windows on both sides, anonymous as they get. Course, they're supposed to be used for fuckin', but I figure if you don't tell, they don't ask."

Good show mate. Not sure what is worse, a sewer full of bugs or a brothel full of women who would gently caress you. I will be in touch as this thing develops, thanks as allways and if you need a fright put into a competitor you know who to call. Cheers.

OC posted:

gently caress awful

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 15, 2013

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Before I forget - Rigged Deck reboots his deck before they go anywhere new. Gotta clean out the Overwatch!

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I'm down to spend money to get somewhere close.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Capstick

You manage to get most of the way up the wall, but that last meter is a tricky one. Not wanting to snag yourself on the possibly electrified razorwire, you can't really see any other way up.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Niles decides discretion is important here and heads off to join the others. He sends them all the images he took and a description of what he saw. For now he keeps the sewer and love hotel stuff to himself and keeps an eye open for both as he leaves the target site.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'd like to rent a floor for our use in an office building near the site with a snipers overlook, very discreet and by the books. I also want to rent a second bolthole for us to hide out after the job somewhere out of town. Also to help capstick, here are some rolls that I edged. I come up with this over some drinks at Studio 65 while everyone else is partying.
Pro Knowledge+Edge: Corp Security (Saeder-Krupp Prime Spec) 14d6t5: 7
Professional (Small Unit Tactics, Spec: MOUT)

Use the first roll to give him best/worst/likely scenarios for security measures/defenses. Use the second to figure out how to outright assault the place as well as everything in between.

3/5 Edge remaining for the night.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 17, 2013

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

I'm having a hell of a time following along here. I think it's the five different ways of posting IC/OOC/whatever going on here. Can we get the standard format for pretty much every game on this subforum going here?

Name in bold at the top of the post

In character stuff in normal type and quotes for when talking.

OOC stuff at the bottom of the post in italics.

And no need to quote the post you are replying to.

Example here:

Rodney McKay

Looking at the chicken on his platter, he turns to the cook and asks "Is there lemon in this?"

The cook replies, "It's lemon chicken."

With a look of disgust and horror, Rodney replies "I am deathly allergic, what are you trying to do kill me?" as he slams down his platter and stomps away.

Anyone else like Stargate?

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Works for me.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Blitz

Neither of the bars sounded good to Blitz. Lots of expats, maybe someone would recognize him and that could only lead to trouble. But the others seemed adamant about going to one of those bars. At least he would have some backup if things went poorly.

Going along with Mad Dog's suggestion more to get a consensus going than actually caring, "Studio 65 sounds good to me."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

"I'm good for whatever. If we're staying in Itaewon though, we'll need to watch our mouths; people 'round here speak English, there'll probably be some suits around, and I don't wanna worry about some wageslave hearing us talk biz and spread that drek before we even get a chance to plan."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"I don't see any reason we can't just get a private room or something," she says with a shrug.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

"True. I could probably subvert the bugs and wires those all seem to have."

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Alright, so Love Hotel then.

The price is by the room, so for the night, you pay 100 nuyen total. Split it however you care to. The room is surprisingly nice, but you sense you'd rather not shine a blacklight on anything in here. Each of you recieves back the imagery Capstick is collecting.

Preliminary Matrix research reveals a public node used for scheduling things like visits, appointments, etc. The host for the building is massive, and you imagine probably well guarded.

Still, enough legit traffic needs to move through easily that you stand a decent chance of getting through undetected. Getting feet on the ground inside the actual building might be tougher, but then, isn't that the whole reason to bring squishy Matrix nerds in the first place?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Capstick

Niles arrives after a suitable amount of time has passed. Looking at the crowd lined up outside the club, he is relived to see that for once he might fit in enough to use the front entrance. Still, he spends a minute walking around the building looking for an other entrance/exit. Never know if one will have to leave in a hurry and the front door is compromised. Having satisfied his paranoia, he enters the club, gets a glass of nest gin, and joins the others in their private room.

I have some ideas on how to pull off the exfiltration (it involves a small explosive and 75m of rope) but getting inside without fuss is not really Niles' wheelhouse. I do like the idea go using the sewers to effect an immediate escape from the area, then moving to Mr Clean's safe house. However, I don't know if there is time to fully scout out an escape path that way. Niles can do it but would like someone (preferably someone who can move quietly and see in the dark) to come with him. Maybe Blitz, as the idea of finding bugs down there is somewhat worrying.
I am working on a list of gear I would like, but I lack the contacts to find most of it in a hurry.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Alright, so maybe it's just me being dumb, but I don't really see a way of getting this thing out quietly. It's big and will probably bring a whole bunch of stuff down when we pull it out. So do you guys want to go in quiet and come out loud, or go loud all the way? I could care less either way, I could probably put on some nice clothes and walk right in with the help of a fake security badge on my commlink or whatever. Deck here can do that, right?" She raises her eyebrows at the decker, hoping that he'll confirm her assumption.

"I mean hell, Clean and I could probably pull off that entrance without too much fuss. I have no idea about getting out, though. I figure something with explosives and shooting and all that fun stuff that usually happens when things go bad. Also, I have never used explosives and have no idea what to do with them so, uh... Someone else want to chime in here? I've got no idea what I'm talking about. I can call some people I know if we need stuff, though. Just let me know."

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Capstick

"If I can get the packages on my back and make it out of the building, nothing short of a spirit or flying drone can catch me, and I have a plan to take care of the second." Niles explains the idea of using the sewers as an immediate escape route. "Getting out of the building would be as simple as blowing a window, glueing an anchor point to the floor, and fast roping down." He shrugs, "The rest of you chaps would be somewhat hard pressed to follow me, so some clever way to get you out would need to be figured out. However, I think I would be able to pull a good bit of the heat off of you with my dramatic exit."

Niles pauses and takes a long pull off of his drink. He is becoming more used to talking to others again. "Now, to pull this off we still need a way to get into the building, and that is somewhat beyond by expertise, however, perhaps the poorly secured side area of the building might offer a possibility."

He pulls from his drink again. "If we want to pursue the sewer idea, I will need to scout it out first. Normally I prefer to stalk alone, but there are rumors of bugs or other such nasties down there." He looks at Blitz, "Care for an after dinner trip into the depths? I would assume you would able to deal with anything beyond the physical."

Not sure how Clean's tactics rolls will play into this, but I am really up for any reasonable plan. I do worry about the fast time frame, there isn't time for a ton of prep and scouting.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

"Well, I don't got no poppers on me, but I can handle explosives if someone else can provide. I can probably mess around and get us proper invites in and a supposed appointment into the building proper - we'll just show up "early" - though we'd have to get from the nice happy public areas to their top secret labs on our own. 'Course that's if you all got SINs that can handle the check and you won't hose it. From there, if we're careful and I'm lucky, I can keep the cameras from spotting us. It just takes splicing pre-recorded footage in replacement of what it's seeing now. I'll see if I can check up anything on their Host and security procedures that might help."

Knowledge: Matrix Security: 13d6t5 4

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

ProfessorCirno posted:

"Well, I don't got no poppers on me, but I can handle explosives if someone else can provide. I can probably mess around and get us proper invites in and a supposed appointment into the building proper - we'll just show up "early" - though we'd have to get from the nice happy public areas to their top secret labs on our own. 'Course that's if you all got SINs that can handle the check and you won't hose it. From there, if we're careful and I'm lucky, I can keep the cameras from spotting us. It just takes splicing pre-recorded footage in replacement of what it's seeing now. I'll see if I can check up anything on their Host and security procedures that might help."

Knowledge: Matrix Security: 13d6t5 4

Patrol IC, Spider patrols, alarm systems, strong firewall, pretty typical corporate Matrix security, from what you can remember. If you want to check their Host in particular though, you'll need to get in there and give me a Matrix Perception check. Outside the host there are several public nodes for things like information and checking appointments. To do anything serious, though, you'll need to get inside.

Everyone else, while we're hashing out Matrix stuff, feel free to check out Astral stuff, on-foot type stuff. No reason we can't do it all at once.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

"Alright, going VR. Make sure nobody breaks down the door and guns us down."

Rigged Deck's eyes flutter and close as his body goes limp, accessing the Matrix from the safety in the love hotel. Suddenly, for Rigged Deck, the entire world changes; now he's sitting in the hotel's Host, a surprisingly subdued copy of the real life lobby (or perhaps not; people who come here do so for privacy, after all, not to stand out). Biting his lip (mentally) at the sudden rush of feeling from hot-sim Matrix access, Rigged Deck begins his quest for the night. Leaving the Host, he connects to the SIC local Grid, and from there begins setting up and getting ready for his infiltration. His Icon flickers and changes to the most boring and drab wageslave he can think of, and, brimming with bored confidence, walks smartly towards the SK Grid the targeted Host is connected to. With a few thoughts, dozens and dozens and dozens of potential passwords filter through, each probing the Grid ever so slightly and retreating before they can be detected; as the grey, dull Icon reaches the Grid, one gets accepted, and RD continues to walk through as if nothing were out of the ordinary. Approaching the Host is largely the same; security measures are filtered by at the speed off thought and, as he reaches the Host, a small icon of a molotov cocktail flashes over it - the mark ensuring his access. RD walks into the Host and begins looking around, trying to zero in on his target.

Gonna do all this in one post to help keep time spent down. Running silent, hot-sim. Moving into Local Grid, Change Icon to something inconspicuous, Hack on the Fly to enter SK Global Grid, Hack on the Fly to set a mark on the Host, then entering said Host and using 'Trix Perception. Character sheet should always be updated on my deck. +2 due to hot-sim, +2 from Codeslinger to HotF, +2 due to a program to HotF, -2 to and only to the first action due to being in the wrong grid.

Change Icon: no action needed, let' go with a simple sarariman
Hack on the Fly: Grid Hop: 18d6t5 5
Hack on the Fly: Mark Host: 20d6t5 6
Enter Host: no action needed
'Trix Perception: 10d6t5 5

In general (rather then specifics) Rigged Deck is looking for what their general security looks like, what their Host rating is, and how/where to access their list(s) of appointments

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 19, 2013

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Yeah yeah, got your back," she replies to the decker. "While he's doing that, I'm gonna text some folks and see what's immediately available as far as explosives go. This is all just in case Kim doesn't get us the stuff himself."

She sits on the edge of a table and mentally composes a short message to her boss.

Mad Dog posted:

Hey sir, just wondering if you either have some explosives or cutting charges or something on hand. I'm gonna need some for that job I'm rented out for. If you don't have any, know anyone that would? Thanks in advance.
The second one goes out to Matilda.

Mad Dog posted:

Hey Matty, you got any demolitions readily available? I was just wondering if you had anything you could get to me within three days.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

my silence has been because i'm waiting on The Bible to get me some info back on those tactics rolls and the fact I just started on a construction job this monday and thats having me knocking out early. I ahve a hilarious plan in mind i told atlatl on irc but i need to do some IC digging to make sure the information supports this plan. And its gonna cost but its gonna be cool as poo poo.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

my silence has been because i'm waiting on The Bible to get me some info back on those tactics rolls and the fact I just started on a construction job this monday and thats having me knocking out early. I ahve a hilarious plan in mind i told atlatl on irc but i need to do some IC digging to make sure the information supports this plan. And its gonna cost but its gonna be cool as poo poo.

Look, so long as I get to jump out of a 13th story window and land on a guard to break my fall I am down with whatever. I also kinda wanna kill dudes in a sewer so let's work that in too. These games seem to die during planning so let's get the motherfucker rolling.

That being said, I am flying west to east tomorrow so I am going to be spotty on updates but will do want I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Blitz

"I think we should check out the sewer for the entrance, hell the exit too. From the sound of it some of you guys wants it to be big and loud. Eventually you get caught going big and loud. Subtle and quiet keeps everyone alive. Go in from the sewer, access an elevator shaft, climb to the correct floor, steal stuff, backtrack the same way. But back to the sewer for a moment. It's a hostile environment to sensors and people. Gunk and grime gets everywhere, critters chew on wires, etc. It's hard to patrol, lots of places just weld a door to the sewer shut and hope nothing happens that way. If there's not access, we can probably bust our way into a sub-basement or elevator shaft with little trouble."

Finding a comfortable place to sit, Blitz prepares to go into the astral. "I'm going to check out the astral. Not going to poke a lot, but will get a better idea of their magical defenses. It should not take long, things move faster in the astral."

As he leans back, the color drains from the world. Replacing the bright colors of the room are blacks and grays. Leaving the room, he navigates towards the S-K building. Once nearby, Blitz starts watching for spirits and wards. Once he has a good grasp of what's going on above ground, he heads for the sewers. The sewers were more dangerous. Predators live in the sewers, hopefully nothing dual-natured or on the astral was down there, but the scouting needed to be done.

Until I know the details of what Blitz is looking at, not pushing anything, just looking for spirits and wards. Doesn't require a roll just to look. In the sewer, looking for the same plus anything that looks like an access point to the building.

• Locked thread