Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

greth posted:

From the glorious LiarTown USA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Doctor Bishop posted:

I dunno, it certainly makes images like this a whole hell of a lot funnier.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

More legit than Scientology.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
A higher bar has never been set.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
EDIT: Wrong thread. I'm dumb. The buttons were like, right next to each other.

Esroc has a new favorite as of 18:32 on Nov 18, 2013

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Stolen from Danica! in the Bad-rear end pictures thread

poo poo poo poo gently caress gently caress okay phew I landed

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well you can't get paralyzed a second time so he doesn't have much to lose.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

RatHat posted:

Well you can't get paralyzed a second time so he doesn't have much to lose.

/gets paralysed from neck down

poo poo.

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

/gets paralysed from neck down

poo poo.

No I'm pretty sure if you get paralysed twice in different ways they cancel eachother out

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Xemloth posted:

No I'm pretty sure if you get paralysed twice in different ways they cancel eachother out

Well yeah, the second impact will pop the broken part of the spine back in place! Really, they should be pushing paralyzed people into traffic.

origami manatee
Oct 21, 2010

I made food

Xemloth posted:

I am a paralysis doctor and I can confirm that this is true

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

kannonfodder posted:

Well yeah, the second impact will pop the broken part of the spine back in place! Really, they should be pushing paralyzed people into traffic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think he'd be paralyzed from the waist up. So he could walk around fine but his torso and arms would be flopping all over the place.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Rhyno posted:

I think he'd be paralyzed from the waist up. So he could walk around fine but his torso and arms would be flopping all over the place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e1dZpKzVUs

Original, not-as-funny version

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I could shake up some skittles all day but I don't think I'd ever call the skittle tangled?

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

^everyone is going to judge you for how wrong you are

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Krinkle posted:

I could shake up some skittles all day but I don't think I'd ever call the skittle tangled?

That's what the infared is for, I guess.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I'd like to see a study to see what consumer group is more inclined to believe these pseudoscience claims:
1) Gearheads
2) Audiophiles
3) Alt medicine people

I'm inclined to say #3, but it's also easier for someone to 'believe' in alt medicine since buying a $5 bottle of water to cure a cold is easier to afford than a $300 "G-Cyliner" or a $5000 amp. full of "crystals."

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'd like to see a study to see what consumer group is more inclined to believe these pseudoscience claims:
1) Gearheads
2) Audiophiles
3) Alt medicine people

I'm inclined to say #3, but it's also easier for someone to 'believe' in alt medicine since buying a $5 bottle of water to cure a cold is easier to afford than a $300 "G-Cyliner" or a $5000 amp. full of "crystals."

Dude, it's always audiophiles.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Definitely alt-medicine types, because all the scams "work" in some way.

For example, herbal cures for the cold take about 3 days to work. Of course, if you didn't take it the cold would still only last three days.

With this hard evidence that herbal remedies work, you're now prepared for a lifetime of paying people to trick you.

Although audiophiles will pay $3,000 for a cable that can't do anything, which all known science can prove.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

I disagree, the one you posted is almost violently unfunny.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.

Mulefisk posted:

I disagree, the one you posted is almost violently unfunny.

It has a sequel too which had me in tears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBqM2ytqHY4

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

amenenema posted:

Dude, it's always audiophiles.

Truth. I read an article once where some dude ran a completely non-scientific experiment with his audiophile friends. He had them listen to his high-end stereo equipment first using the expensive Monster cables, and then using straightened wire coat hangers. They were pretty much all able to hear that something had changed, but it was pretty evenly split over which one they thought sounded better.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Palpatine MD posted:

It has a sequel too which had me in tears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBqM2ytqHY4

Wasn't there one of these with that piano-heavy song that goes "Making my way downtown, walking fast, etc"?

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

kannonfodder posted:

I mean, they did cure that one little girl's leukemia with HIV, so I don't see why this doesn't make sense for orthopedic injuries.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013

BrianBoitano posted:

Stolen from Danica! in the Bad-rear end pictures thread

poo poo poo poo gently caress gently caress okay phew I landed

He's done better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p8kG24_El0

I'm pretty sure that's the same guy. There's a longer video out there where that gif takes place and they eventually get to the video I posted.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Captain Trips posted:

Wasn't there one of these with that piano-heavy song that goes "Making my way downtown, walking fast, etc"?

This isn't it but it's related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeSdSrCKp-8

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

stubblyhead posted:

Truth. I read an article once where some dude ran a completely non-scientific experiment with his audiophile friends. He had them listen to his high-end stereo equipment first using the expensive Monster cables, and then using straightened wire coat hangers. They were pretty much all able to hear that something had changed, but it was pretty evenly split over which one they thought sounded better.

I will believe literally anything about audiophiles. They're one of the few groups where fact is stranger than fiction and hyperbole ceases to exist.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

fullroundaction posted:

I will believe literally anything about audiophiles. They're one of the few groups where fact is stranger than fiction and hyperbole ceases to exist.

There are audiophile forums where merely mentioning using double-blind tests in order to determine the efficacy of equipment is seen as trolling and grounds for an immediate ban.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Now we mod the player character into Terry Crews and it will be perfect.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah, no ring. But bonus child abuse.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Where'd you get this picture? I have one of these three suites down from my office.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dez Orwell posted:

Where'd you get this picture? I have one of these three suites down from my office.
A pair of tits?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!
Mein Kampfy shorts?

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Dooky Dingo posted:

Mein Kampfy shorts?

They sure look like they were a struggle to get into.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Not a whole lot of lebensraum for your trouser-Mauser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Boy, that "dictator" is sure "holocaust" a lot of "swastika" in that photograph! It's a "relatively boring picture of a guy who did genocide," if you catch what I mean.

• Locked thread