Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Kloro posted:

Story/gameplay separation. If you're going to indite the game for that, there's a lot more games that'll have to go with it.

e: Alternately - cloaking energy requirements follows an exponential progression, so cloaking something human-sized is trivial, but cloaking something even slightly bigger takes a lot more.

It's the power requirements. I don't remember which book in the ESWU it's explained in but cloaking anything larger than a tall creature like a Wookie just takes a ton of energy. The Imperial ships that had cloaking devices usually had an entire separate engineering section just to maintain it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
D&D 3.0 had stealth as a mechanic. Star Wars D20 had stealth as a mechanic. BioWare was stuck with an awful mechanic and had to invent "stealth field generators" to make them usable.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

PoptartsNinja posted:

D&D 3.0 had stealth as a mechanic. Star Wars D20 had stealth as a mechanic. BioWare was stuck with an awful mechanic and had to invent "stealth field generators" to make them usable.

Yes, I know that's the case. But this:

Deadmeat5150 posted:

It's the power requirements. I don't remember which book in the ESWU it's explained in but cloaking anything larger than a tall creature like a Wookie just takes a ton of energy. The Imperial ships that had cloaking devices usually had an entire separate engineering section just to maintain it.

Is just a dumb way of writing itself out of a hole.

:ninja: edit: It's star wars, who cares? Lucas didn't.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
What do you want to bet that at the end of this storyline, the rebel leader is going to challenge the president-in-exile, and Jolune will have a tough decision to make?

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Dolash posted:

If there's one thing the galaxy's never short on, it's scoundrels.

The mistrust angle gets a lot of play in Balmorra, regarding the Republic and the Resistance, but it's pretty unfair. The Republic tried quite seriously to retake Balmorra - last time they almost broke the Treaty of Coruscant over it, this time they very clearly are. I can understand not trusting their competence, but surely they've proven their intentions?

Honestly, good intentions with bad competence alone is enough to make people skeptical. The Balmorrans are also probably distrustful because they figure the Republic is concerned more about the war as a whole than Balmora itself, which is, y'know, true really. The fact the Republic did abandon them sure isn't gonna help there; they already did sacrifice Balmorra for the "greater good of the Republic" (twice now!). When somebody's invoking that old saying about making omelettes, who wants to be an egg?

As far as "violating the treaty" goes, I'm fairly certain the chapters on both sides are supposed to happen under roughly similar time frames. So the Sith Warrior in his questline has probably re-ignited the war already, and if not, the kinds of atrocities the Empire is committing on Taris around the time of the Republic going to Balmorra (not to mention the superweapon hijinks in the Jedi Knight Chapter 1) would certainly do it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Why would a repressive planetwide government not immediately tear down privacy scramblers?

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Glazius posted:

Why would a repressive planetwide government not immediately tear down privacy scramblers?
The Empire probably didn't find them because the region they're in is a mess of abandoned labs and angry bugs (which is why the Republic base is hidden there too).

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

##Begin Log##

Captain’s Log, entry #066
Stardate: In a tight race with an execution order

Phew, time to bash out another log entry. Haven't had much time to catch my breath on Balmorra so far, but there's a tricky op coming up and it might be a good idea to decompress a little first.

So the Miel Muwn dropped out of hyperspace near beautiful, scenic Balmorra – a planet in the core we coughed up during the last war. There's a whole long history there, if you're interested, but I've got a job to do. I call up Darmas and tell him we're on-site.

Recommended for a moment of meta-commentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZjdwDWPCmk

quote:

Darmas Pollaran: Senator Dodonna's eager to see how you handle your first mission.

Darmas Pollaran: Balmorra was once the Republic's main supplier of everything military. Until the Empire moved in and the senate voted to turn tail and run.

Darmas Pollaran: Which left the Empire holding everything the Republic had commissioned for “Project Nebula”.

Besides going as well as a typical Republic operation.

quote:

Darmas Pollaran: It was supposed to be the Republic's answer to Imperial aggression.

Darmas Pollaran: Top-of-the-line prototype capital ships, ion cannons, cluster missiles, and a few experimental goodies.

Darmas Pollaran: And now the Empire is sending the complete Nebula munitions shipment to their front lines. The Republic's got no chance.

You'd be surprised how often this comes up.

quote:

Darmas Pollaran: Senator Dodonna wants you to work with the Balmorran resistance.

Darmas Pollaran: They can help you track down the Nebula shipment, then find a way to divert it to Palliser station, a Republic station near Corellia.

Quinine: It's been a while since I broke a sweat. Might be fun.

A pile of warships and heavy weaponry? Yeah, probably. That's not exactly gonna fit in my smuggling compartment, but I got where Darmas was going.

quote:

Darmas Pollaran: A smart operator might sell the prototypes back to them piece-by-piece... not that I'm the one who told you.

Darmas Pollaran: Now, your contact on the ground is one of the rebels, Numen Brock. Check in with him when you land in Bugtown.

I hate to disappoint, which is why I'll be doing what the Senator asked and turning over the Nebula shipment. I've tried being in it for the money before, and it didn't pay off – from now on, I'll be playing things straight. Relatively. Sometimes. Besides, some of the boys on the front line would probably appreciate having this firepower back as soon as possible.

The Empire still controls most of space around Balmorra, but this isn't my first blockade.

Tougher than dodging Imperial pickets was the stink of our landing zone – a slice of paradise called “Bugtown”, overrun with mutant insects and toxic waste which happens to make it the one place on the planet the Empire didn't see fit to protect. Sounds like something old Colonel Madine would pull, taking troops into some of the worst terrain to catch the enemy by surprise.

Our resistance contact was in the Bugtown base waiting for us. Seems like some of the Balmorrans have linked arms with the latest wave of Republic liberators. Third time's the charm, right guys?

Recommended for making contact with the contact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7UyCY2N87A

quote:

Sixer: My master most often refers to me as Sixer. I believe he sees it as... an affectionate nickname.

Quinine: Sorry, buddy. I'm on a schedule.

Sixer: Master Numen! Master Numen, the, uh, visitor you were expecting has arrived.

quote:

Numen Brock: They're so busy hiding behind treaties, they're handing out credits like candy. I mean, folks like you and me can make a killing.

Numen Brock: The Republic left us the minute the Voidwolf's fleet started firing. The Empire's pretty entrenched by now.

Sixer: I should warn you, Captain, many find the Republic's abandonment a bit of a... sore spot.

quote:

Quinine: Give me all the details.

Numen Brock: Golden's how we learned the Imperials are planning to ship the Nebula munitions to their front lines.

Can't say I always enjoy the spy game, or understand why it's me and some rebels doing it instead of actual SIS agents.

quote:

Numen Brock: We've got a payment due. In return, he says he's got a location for the Nebula shipment. I need you to make the drop-off.

Quinine: I get the feeling this is a lot more complicated than you make it sound.

Risha: You think?

Numen Brock: The last agent we sent never came back. The Imperials held a public execution.

A bit crude, but these are rebel tactics, not military ones. This whole situation's a bit of a turnabout for me - normally, I've been on the government's side against the rebels, whether on Ord Mantell or Duro. Being a crook is one thing, but thinking like an insurgent's... a little tricky.

Also, don't think I didn't notice “payment”. Unless it's supplies he needs to keep spying, that means our double-agent's betraying the Empire for money, not his beliefs. Good to keep in mind.

quote:

Quinine: Should I just follow the signs for “traitorous double agent dead drop”?

Numen Brock: I'll transmit the decoy points. The real drop-off is in the Okara Droid Factory.

Sixer: Oh, and the probe droids, Master Numen! Don't forget the probe droids!

Numen Brock: Right. If you see a probe droid, take it down before it can transmit or you'll have half a division on you.

Numen's a good enough guy. A few years of losing a fight for your home planet probably puts an edge on anybody.

We took a Balmorran shuttle out of Bugtown and into no man's land. On the flyover we could see chemical spills, craters, abandoned fortifications... all the signs of a long-running ground war. A nice preview before we had to get hands-on.

Once we landed at the resistance outpost, it was time to mount up and get Numen's little job done.

The fake dead drops weren't all that interesting. Leave bag of junk on rock, walk away. Don't even know if they did anything.

Some of those probe droids Numen warned us about made an appearance. They weren't a problem, except for getting caught on fire that one time. That's why you wear a flame-retardant layer under your clothes, kids!

Just gonna throw a shot of this cuddly little guy in here while we're at it. Risha was grossed out by it, but it was harmless. Kind of funny to see herds of those things wandering around the battlefield like nothing was going on.

After all that messing around, finally we got over to the Okara Droid Factory – which seemed pretty much intact, unlike just about everything else we'd seen so far. Probably shows how valuable it is if the Empire treated it with kid gloves.

It wasn't too hard to sneak through. Security was mostly just the same droids they were building at the plant, and contrary to what you might think war droids don't make great security.

The drop point was way down in the basement, looked like some kind of water processing and reclamation works. Nice and quiet, no security.

At least, that's what I thought.

Recommended for a reversal of fortunes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scEi_6ktpTc

quote:

Quinine: If I listen, does that mean you won't shoot me? Because that seems out of character,

Imperial Soldier: Good point. Don't we usually shoot them anyway?...

Imperial Officer: Shut up!

Imperial Officer: Spar, you take point here. Try to take them alive.

Akaavi Spar: You didn't say “please”.

Not what I expected, but a nice change of pace.

I'll skip the fight with the Imperial patrol. Akaavi did most of the work, and I spent most of it on fire. Again.

Recommended for some answers (going in the wrong direction)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBfgAL1-ow0

quote:

Quinine: Whose body were you looking for?

Akaavi: Moff Tyrak.

Was I too subtle there?

quote:

Akaavi: Get me to him, and I'll pay any price you name.

Akaavi: You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?

Quinine: That sounds even more embarrassing when you say it.

quote:

Akaavi: If he's working for the resistance, I want to know why.

Quinine: Is this a very... creative Imperial plot to learn resistance secrets?

Akaavi: If the Empire had ordered me to infiltrate the resistance, I would have started with someone who at least knows his own contact's name.

Akaavi: I am seeking Moff Tyrak for reasons of my own.

Okay, so revenge. It's always revenge, especially if it's a Mandalorian.

An interesting deal, though I'm in no position to say if Tyrak's worth the trade considering I hardly know who he is and he's our one lead on the whole Nebula shipment thing. You know me, though, always gotta test the waters.

quote:

Quinine: What if that's not the sort of thing I'm after?

Akaavi: I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were asking for credits.

Risha: Ooh. I like her.

I think I'll file this one away with Todessa and R'andayn on my “too deadly to hit on” list.

quote:

Akaavi: My money is gone, and all I have to trade is information. Think about it and contact me later.

Neat party trick.

So, that happened. I'd done the mission just like Numen had asked, but still, I didn't know how he'd take the idea of his double-agent being the target of a revenge-hungry Mandalorian. I still don't, either, since there was news for me once I got back to Bugtown.

quote:

Sixer: After you left, Master Numen went to meet with some resistance fighters, and he never made it back!

Quinine: Numen can handle himself without a babysitter.

Sixer: But these Imperial soldiers are so vicious. They see heroic freedom fighters like Master Numen as-

Sixer: Great sakes! I've just intercepted an Imperial data stream. A foot patrol caught Master Numen and the others!

Good job jinxing it, me.

Imperials and their goddamn camps.

quote:

Quinine: I'm guessing that's not a “let's sleep under the romantic moonlight” sort of camp?

Sixer: Camp Vigil is Balmorra's most notorious prison camp – set up by the Voidwolf himself.

Sixer: Master Numen has a pair of field disruptors he intended to use to break our people out.

Sixer: If you were to smuggle them to him now, he could stage a massive prison break from inside. The Empire will be humiliated!

Laugh if you want, but I've used all three of those things smuggling before. You'd be surprised where a uniform and a cheese plate can get you.

quote:

Sixer: Master Numen has cultivated contacts among those Camp Vigil guards with weaknesses for stims and other restricted imports.

Sixer: If you make his deliveries to the corrupt guards, you should be able to gain access to the camp, if not the prison itself.

Quinine: Corrupt guards are my favorite kind.

Sixer: I'll give you IDs on the guards, and we'll hide the field disruptors in your clothes...

Sixer: And you're ready to go. Just head for Sobrik – Camp Vigil is just inside.

Breaking into prisons is becoming a bit of a habit. Of course, if I'm sneaking through the Imperial-held capital, I'm probably going to need a better disguise than my old Republic officer uniform. Looks like it's time for 'Mauveine' to return to service! Now if I could only scrub the lightning burns out of the shirt.

##End Log##

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Dolash posted:

Breaking into prisons is becoming a bit of a habit. Of course, if I'm sneaking through the Imperial-held capital, I'm probably going to need a better disguise than my old Republic officer uniform. Looks like it's time for 'Mauveine' to return to service! Now if I could only scrub the lightning burns out of the shirt.
Are we going to find out what happened back on Alderaan with "Mauveine", or is it going to remain a mystery?

Also: Lady Darth Maul! Liked her punching that Imperial off the walkway. We're past the point I got up to on my smuggler playthrough, so I'm interested to see how it plays out from here.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Obviously, we'll never see Akaavi Spar again. It's just so depressing when you can see these games and just immediately spot the throwaway NPCs, right?

:v:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Inferior posted:

Are we going to find out what happened back on Alderaan with "Mauveine", or is it going to remain a mystery?

Not for me to say. I'm sure that chapter will emerge, when the time is right, elsewhere.

On a totally unrelated note post faster Catsworth :argh:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Prison break! Now there's a thing neat thing that's squarely within the smuggler's baliwick.

Please say it involves secret tunnels.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
'Nebula' project? As in the Nebulon-B Frigate? They sound a lot more kitted out than the Nebulon, though. Then again, these are prototypes, and it's been god knows how long.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Bloodly posted:

'Nebula' project? As in the Nebulon-B Frigate? They sound a lot more kitted out than the Nebulon, though. Then again, these are prototypes, and it's been god knows how long.

About a few thousand years too early for those; but also remember: the capital ships in SWTOR are pretty small. I want to say the Imperial dreadnoughts are about half the size and half the crew of an Imperial II Star Destroyer.

In this case, it sounds more like just a shipment of "state of the art" guns.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

PART 5: EYE IN THE SKY

Previously posted:

A subverted SATELLITE DEFENCE SYSTEM threatens the REPUBLIC'S base on BALMORRA. An SIS agent, JAGO, has important intel that could help the REPUBLIC, but his ship was shot down over IMPERIAL territory. Now, Jedi Master JOLUNE MOL'NEUX sets out to rescue the missing agent, in the first step towards liberating BALMORRA...

: Message for you, Master Mol'neux!

: I wonder who it could be?

: You did leave the ambassadors stuck on the ship with Seetoo. This is probably a declaration of war.

: Master Timmns! :swoon:

: Who is this man, and why is he sending you presents?

: We met in a desert, there was a giant worm... It's a long story. Let's see what he sent.

: *honk honk*

: I think Timmns is mocking you.

: It has a little face! :3:

: ...Or maybe not.

: It's strange it came via an Imperial relay though!

: What? How do you know that?

: Computers tell me things! :iiam:

: ...I don't have time for this now. We can deal with The Case of the Curious Speeder later.

A SHORT FLIGHT LATER...

: Ah, scenic Balmorra.

: Looks like we're here.

: Jago's ship came down just over there.

: He must've died on impact. Hmm... what's this?

: Mayday! Mayday! Can anyone read me? Comm's blocked. That blasted satellite! Wasn't enough to shoot me down...

: I'm blasting the intel out with that garbage. That ought to keep the Imperials busy... The intel's away! I'm going down- *bzzzzzzzz*

: ...That's all there is. I hope you're with the Force now, Agent Jago.

: Please tell me we're not going to go root through garbage in the middle of a battlefield.

: We're not going to go root through garbage in the middle of a battlefield.

: I will never trust you again.

: Be fair, I did most of the garbage-rooting. Let's get this back to Madine.

: Commander Madine? I've recovered your intel. The agent didn't make it.

: ...and it's all in Balmorran shorthand. Looks like the system's operated by the Hawkeye techs.

: Archers?

: :raise: The Hawkeyes are the best technicians on Balmorra. To control the satellite system, we'll need their help.

: How do we know they'll want to help?

: I doubt the occupation's made them warm to the Empire.

: Iain Sarkus... I recognise the name. He's young, but brilliant. Bit of a wisecracker.

: “Wisecracker”? What is this, the Space 1920s?

: Wisecracking doesn't bother me, Commander. A Jedi learns to clear the mind of all distractions.

: I'm more worried that he'll distract the Empire. They have a notoriously low tolerance for wisecracking.

: He reports to one of the Empire's best, Admiral Riserre. No wonder they've got control.

: That sounds like firsthand experience talking.

: Fighting the admiral's like going up against a durasteel wall. I don't advocate wholescale slaughter, but this whole plan goes belly up if Admiral Riserre finds out.

: That seems simple enough to me.

: Let's hope so. We're not going to get another shot at this. I'll be standing by.

LATER...

: Wow. Is there anywhere on this planet that hasn't been blown to bits yet?

: Come on, we need to find Sarkus before the Empire decides he's outlived his usefulness.

: No griping? No moaning? No complaining about pointless rescue missions?

: No, I really think we should help this man. I have a soft spot for nerds in peril.

: :keke:

: I mean, why do you think I helped you back on Nar Shaddaa?

: :geno:

: Just unlock this and... Iain Sarkus?

: I guess you must need me or the satellite system pretty bad.

: I need you to get me control of the satellite system.

: I'd consider that fair trade for a rescue. The Empire hasn't paid me since they took over.

: You can take a man's life, but you can never take his 401(K).

: But if Admiral Riserre discovers you attacked this post just to get me out, he'll know the Republic's up to something. We'll have to make a few stops first so I can cover our tracks.

: I think I can handle that.

: I've met Admiral Riserre. I'd like to avoid doing that again.

: You have a stealth generator?

: Yeah, made it myself. Not bad, huh?

: Why didn't you just... leave?

: ...What?

Sarkus sets you three objectives to complete in the Imperial base- sabotage the sonic transmitters, shut down the communications grid and reprogram an Okara droid shipment.

: Watch out- these transmitters used to keep Balmorran predators away. Now they attract them.

: I've scrambled their comm channels. If the Imperials want to tell the admiral what happened, they'll have to go on foot.

: I've reprogrammed the droids to fire on Imperials. A little more problematic than a tech gone missing.

: C7-D4! You were my best friend! Nooo-!

: I think we've done enough. I'm calling in the evac shuttle.

: Go! Go! Go! I've always wanted to say that.

*VWOOSH*

BACK AT BASE...

[VIDEO: One Shot]

: Sarkus sabotaged a few things to keep them busy.

: That's our man. Can you get us control of Balmorra's satellite system?

: Not exactly. But I can shut it down, that's for sure.

: That's a dangerous task for a tech.

: Hacking past a Hawkeye defense? I deserve a medal! I can get you one unauthorized command. Then the system will lock up, and it'll take the Hawkeyes weeks to detangle it.

: That'll have to be enough. How do we make this happen?

: There's no way to draw them out?

: Using the satellite system was the admiral's idea. He wants to keep it as badly as we want to steal it.

: I need to get to a computer. Thanks again for the rescue.

: Taking down Admiral Riserre and his men is a tall order. Are you sure you're up to it?

: Nope. I will go with caution.

AT THE CONTROL TOWER...

: Ready?

: Let's be uncivilised.

: The Republic should have used you better, Jedi--healing the injured or escorting refugees... such a waste.

: Somebody sounds like they're afraid.

: *snort* The Republic never could lose gracefully.

: It's one of our best features.

: The Empire controls Balmorra. The greatest weapons in the galaxy are now in the hands of its strongest power. If the Republic insists on fighting those odds, Balmorra will suffer for it.

: With the Empire gone, Balmorra will thrive.

: And you seemed so reasonable.

For a man who looks like an accountant, Admiral Riserre is pretty tough. He can take a lot of damage and uses poison grenades to sap your health.

Like all enemies who specialise in damage over time instead of damage in bursts, he's neutralised by having a healer companion along.

: Not really seeing the “durasteel wall”. Maybe more like plywood.

*mipmip* *mipmip*

: That'll be Iain. Time to slice some satellites.

: Tell me the other Hawkeyes are just ignoring me.

: It's just me and a bunch of dead Imperials.

: Odd... the Hawkeyes don't leave their posts--unless it's to help nice people like you... Looks like the hack worked perfectly. I can get one command in before the system locks up. Just say the word, and I'll--

: What threat are the Hawkeyes to him? Or what threat were they to him, considering... you know...

: They're being executed for aiding the Republic. But they didn't do anything! I did--

: Use the satellite system to find command... shut down dispatch console... Madine out. *bzzt*

: I'm really torn up about a bunch of stuff being destroyed, but we're talking life or death here.

:siren: SUDDEN DECISION MOMENT! :siren:

Yes, time to get some interactivity up in this joint! As this is one of those rare decisions that affects things (slightly) beyond the immediately subsequent conversation, let's have a vote. Do we:

a) Support the Republic attack.
It's technically our job... but can't those soldiers look after themselves for once?

b) Rescue the Hawkeye techs.
They're about to die... but they're probably all smelly neckbeards anyway.

The choice is yours! Voting closes in 72 hours.

NEXT TIME: Paragon and renegade.

Inferior fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 14, 2014

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

A), when in doubt go with the decision that promotes the most additional doubt and moral uncertainty. Gotta weigh down that conscience!

Also, I guess the setup here is that the Republic attack will only lose material, not manpower, if you don't help them, to avoid it from being the choice between two different groups of people dying. Although if every Republic offensive could be halted by threatening to shoot a couple civilians, the Republic would've lost the war by now.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Time to make this right. Rescue the techs.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Rescue the technicians, Jolune. It's the right thing to do.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

PoptartsNinja posted:

Rescue the technicians, Jolune. It's the right thing to do.

: A Beat up imperials, it's what any smart Jedi would do.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Jolune must show the Balmorrans that the Republic cares about them. Rescue the technicians.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

B) Goons look after their own.

Aleator
Jun 27, 2011

I am nothing but a blade, waiting for the perfect time to end an ancient warrior's pride.
A) The Techs are probably Redditors.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
B) Leave no tech behind!

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

In a situation where groups of dudes may or may not die, always rescue the ones that will DEFINITELY die if you don't go for them. B.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
If Jolune wishes to be a well balanced force user, she's going to have to offset some of her acquired light side points. Option A

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
The Republic can handle themselves. B), save the hackers.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Don't turn to the Dark Side, Jolune! B all the way!

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
If some random guy/gal keeps rescuing Republic soldiers from their own incompetence, they will never learn how to do their job: (B) save the techs instead. :colbert:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Be sure to scroll up and read Inferior's vote, if you haven't voted yet!

##Begin Log##

Captain’s Log, entry #067
Stardate: Walking the narrow line

Reporting live from the heart of the Imperial occupation. I’ve got to blend in and act natural while walking around Sobrik’s streets, so now’s probably as good a time as any to update my log.

It was an easy ride from Bugtown to Sobrik. The resistance has made more gains than I thought - Imperial checkpoints and outposts all along the route were in Republic hands.

Sobrik itself, though, was a different story. Headquarters for the Imperial occupation, the city was a fortress like I’ve never seen before. An entire Imperial army was holed up inside, along with so many security measures that Captain Quinine, Republic Privateer would never make it inside.

Lieutenant Major Mauveine, on the other hand, gets in easy. So long as he’s clinging to the underside of a dewback.

On the inside, Sobrik’s still pretty quiet. Quiet enough you can hear the sound of running battles in the canyon beyond. Legions of the Empire’s worst goons and thugs stuck in their fort, going crazy from boredom - if I get found out before I can find camp Vigil and spring Numen, one of these meatheads would be happy to tear me limb from limb.

Well, they’re not all bad, at least.

Oh, hold on. Just spotted a hot ensign at two o'clock.

###End Log###

: We-hell, what’s a cute cadet like you doing in a gruelling occupation like this? If you’re looking for a quick way out of the capital before it falls, I happen to have a few good leads.
: Tee hee! I love it when superior officers make jokes about defecting. Could you say it again, a little closer to my shoulder pouch?
: These soldiers the Dark Council have left me must be incompetents!
: Sure, I- wait… what was that?
: Damnit!

: How else? How else could they have allowed the resistance to take root again when we were at the cusp of final victory?
: Perhaps if you hadn’t driven the survivors into bugtown while patting yourself on the back for a job well-done?
: I'm well aware of your criticism of my rule.
: Really? Because I don't think you are.
: I didn't expect anyone to be suicidal enough to land troops in Bugtown!
: I'd do it. All it takes is the will.
: That's why I didn't think the Republic would try. It’s hard to believe that there’s someone else in the galaxy as insane as you.
: You should’ve offered them amnesty.
: We do not show mercy to the Republic!
: And look how well that worked out for you.
: Well, regardless, I am glad to see you again. I need your help.
: This is your mess.
: You disappoint me. You should really reconsider... I can make it worth your while.
: What is it you want, Lachris?
: You helped me win Balmorra once. I want you to do it again.
: No.
: It will be several hours before we can resupply your Fury. That should be plenty of time to handle my problem: a hero of the Jedi order. A woman they call the Barsen'thor. I want her dead.
: Darth Lachris, at our last meeting, I told you things would be different the next time we met. They are.
: You want the Barsen'thor dead? Handle it yourself.
: And here I thought the Destroyer of Taris would be more patriotic. Well, you'll have plenty of time to reconsider.

: You, Imperial!
: Uh, yeah - Lieutenant Major Mauveine, all-Imperial officer at your service.
: That rank sounds made-up.
: I didn't ask your name. Escort our esteemed visitor and his pet to the guest quarters. They may be here for another day or more.
: No we won’t.

: So, uh. “Destroyer of Taris,” huh?
: Destroyer of the Taris Spaceport, anyway.
: Don’t think I heard about that. There was a colony there, right?
: Still is. Sort-of. The Republic was more interested in Taris’s dead than her living, and now that they’ve been driven from the planet I’m sure the Empire will move on to actually useful invasions. There’s no way we’d let them settle a world so near to Dromund Kaas.

: Balmorra’s pretty close to Coruscant. Maybe the Republic’s thinking the same thing.
: An interesting assessment, but Balmorra’s closer to the Core worlds than to Coruscant. Do you make a habit of questioning Imperial strategy?
: Only when it’s bad. The Republic’s never giving up Balmorra, it needs the weapons factories and can’t have the Empire setting up shop inside the Core worlds. So long as the Republic’s still got blood in its veins, it’s going to try and take it back.
: A sound point. The Dark Council has its reasons--stupid and shortsighted as I’m sure they are.
: Sorry to interrupt the game of fantasy Hutt-ball, but we’ve definitely passed that AA gun already. Do you even know where we’re going?
: Of course I do, it’s uh… right there!

: That’s a cantina.
: Well, it’s not like you’ll be breathing Balmorran air for long, right? So lets have a friendly drink before you depart.
: I like this guy.

: So, Lieutenant-Major. Your governor is trying to convince me to stay and crush the Balmorran resistance for her. Again. Just how poorly goes the occupation?
: Oh, pretty terribly, yeah. The Republic’s got troops and Jedi all over the planet. Rumor is if there’s a big prison-break then Sobrik’ll fall within days, so hey, watch for that.
: If Darth Lachris is true to form, they’ll be half-starved. I’d rather not watch a bunch of malnourished captives get themselves shot to death by heavy repeating blaster turrets--although there is a Jedi in the prison named Marshalon who has knowledge that could cripple Dark Council Member Baras.
: ...Y’know, I think I see a party room down that hall. Why don’t we grab it?

: Pretty sure this place is closed.
: I’m sure the manager won’t bother a big, bad Sith lord. Come on, I’ll mix you two whatever you want from the bar.

: What’ll it be?
: I’ll pass.
: That’s not like you.
: Yeah, well, Darth Lachris is out there. Someone’s gotta watch your back.
: I’ll have a Corellian cocktail.
: A Sith of taste. Okay, one Corellian coming up.
: Don’t tell me you’re buying this?
: Let him finish mixing the drink first.

: Enjoy, your lordship.
: Hm. Rye, vermouth, and… Antares bitters, as favored by actual Corellians. Do you have a story to tell, Lieutenant-Major?
: You found me out from one sip of a cocktail?
: Well, the invented rank, foreign accent and lack of deferential fear may have also given you away.

: drat!
: Don’t be so hard on yourself. It was a valiant attempt!
: I had friends on Taris, “my lord”. Does beating on a bunch of settlers and scientists make you feel like a big man?
: Not especially, but stopping Thana Vesh did. Besides, I suspect you’d have been fighting by my side if you knew what the Republic was really doing on Taris.

: I somehow doubt that!
: Not that arguing with resistance assassins isn’t fun but you’re not just going to let him keep shooting at you. Right?

: *Hrguk*
: Of course not.

: What… you think… that’s the first time somebody’s put a little Choke on me? It’ll take more than Force Tickles to keep me down.
: It wasn’t supposed to.
: That’s what the grenade is for!
: Oh son of a-

: Earrrgh!
: Perhaps now that you’ve been appropriately sedated you could answer a few simple - oh come on, really?

: Don’t think this is over, ugly! Some of the best Jedi in the Order are on Balmorra, when they get to Sobrik you’ll wish you died of Rakghoul plague!
: Is one of those Jedi in fact the Barsen’thor?
: Who, Jolune?
: If what I’ve heard is true.
: Yeah! Kinda creepy you know that!
: Tell her “Master Timmns” says hello.
: Mr. Moustache is getting away. Should we…?
: Nah. Let’s just go, it’s not like we’re going to need proton torpedoes on Voss anyway.
: We hope. What if you’ve gotta fight a god or something?
: What would god need with a torpedo?

: Risha! It’s Quinine, come in!
: Talk to me, Captain.
: Yeah, things didn’t go so well. Time for plan B.
: I don’t remember a plan B.
: Hot off the presses. Just listen carefully...

: Okay, I’ve followed the plan so far.
: What’d I say? Laundry service. Even got my uniform past security.
: Right, and we’re all very impressed. Only now we’re pinned outside the Empire’s premier prison camp with at least a hundred armed guards between us and our contact. So…?
: Plan B’s pretty straightforward - we blast our way in.
: Oh. And here I was worried.
: Hold on, I nearly forgot.

###Begin Log###

Note to self - warn Jolune there’s a Sith Lord on Balmorra trying to kill her.

And pick up some Antares bitters for the ship.

###End Log###

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Rescue the Techs, you will save your fellow goons and you will like it missy <:mad:>

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Man and here I was expecting another team-up between Quinine and Jolune. :monocle:

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Wait. What?

That... that was pretty drat cool. Hats off to both thread's players there.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Did Quinine Mauverine drop loot in that last duel screenshot?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Nah, that's just the duel marker. It moved because I accidentally defeated him with Force Choke in the first duel.

VVV Mort's Level 54 and Mauvine's level 18. At that difference, Force Choke does 600 damage a tick and Mauvine only has something like 2,000 hp. I couldn't not kill him with it. VVV

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 23, 2013

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nah, that's just the duel marker. It moved because I accidentally defeated him with Force Choke in the first duel.

"accidentally"

How much did the other Republic players pay you to do that :haw:

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

PART 6: SHOT TO THE HEART

Previously posted:

The elite HAWKEYE techs have been captured and scheduled for execution by the EMPIRE. Will JOLUNE save the HAWKEYES? Signs indicate “YES”.

Meanwhile, the revolutionary known as ZENITH has requested help killing the IMPERIAL CHIEF of OKARA DROID FACTORY. Will JOLUNE kill the CHIEF? Signs indicate “MAYBE”.

And the results are in! I'm opening the envelope... and the Hawkeyes are going to... live! Hurrah!

: The Hawkeyes are being held in the Okara Droid Factory. We're lucky-- that's not too far away. I bought down their biggest defenses with the turbolasers, but there's still a lot of Imperials inside.

: If the Hawkeyes are still alive, I'll save them.

OUTSIDE...

: All hell's breaking loose out here. I hope Commander Madine will be okay without us.

: We can't win all his battles for him. Eventually you have to cut the apron strings.

: Don't make this weird, Tharan.

: :3:

: Oh come on! That thing?!

: I think it's cute!

: It's a rhino-spider-cow! What part of that is “cute”?

: It has jowls, Tharan. Animal jowls are always cute.

: This is the place. Okara Droid Works, the galaxy's leading manufacturer of angry metal men.

: According to Iain's coordinates, the execution site is in one of the sub-basements.

: There's something... familiar about that droid.

: There they are!

: Just in time!

: Seems a waste of resources to design a droid solely to carry out executions. All it has to do is shoot an unarmed, unmoving target at close range. You could accomplish that with just a basic IR sensor wired to a gun.

: Maybe you can pop that into their suggestion box on the way out.

: Maybe I will!

: The Imperials were going to use us for target practice. We owe you one.

: Get yourselves somewhere safe.

: Good luck, Hawkeyes!

: While we're down here, we'd better find this Chief person “Zenith” wanted dead.

: You don't have to do fingerquotes Tharan. I think Zenith is his actual name.

: His parents must have been interesting people.

: These are the manufacturing offices. The Chief should be here somewhere.

[VIDEO: In the Line of Fire]

: As you command.

: A Sith vice-president?

: President of Vice, maybe. By what right does your master govern this planet?

: You don't understand, Jedi. My family has always lived here, watching Republic interference hold Balmorra back. But Darth Lachris can lead us to glory.

: They... serving the Empire is a privilege.

: So, “no” then.

: I am... proud they have the chance.

: You're young and strong. Defy Darth Lachris, and help the people you love.

: Have you considered a career in insurrection?

: No. I must--I need time to think on this.

Appeal to his sense of family and Serrus walks away, letting you skip a boss fight against him. Threaten him, or quote Jedi dogma at him, and he attacks.

: You'll pay for that, Jedi! Your drivel just cost Darth Lachris an apprentice...

: I'm sure she'll be heartbroken.

: …and I'll be blamed!

: What the--? Jedi, are you alright?

: ...Fine, I think. I'm not the target anyway.

: Good... for... you...

: You'll live. Now... Come out where I can see you!

: Hmm. Missed my shot. Step back, please. I need him dead.

: You will not commit murder in front of me.

: This is war. He's the enemy. This man enslaves Balmorrans. So he dies.

: No. He's a wounded captive and must be treated fairly.

: I found a safe house where Tai and his colleagues can gather. My people are smuggling him there now.

We could have let Zenith shoot the Chief, but Jolune's hasn't let anyone else get executed today, so why start now?

: Well, that's that. Do you want me to treat your injury, Chief?

: Ugh... trying to finish the job? Stay away from me!

: No, I... Fine. Whatever. Let's get back to Republic HQ.

BACK IN BUGTOWN...

: The base is still intact. I guess that means we won.

: I've been in some intense ops before, but that... let's just say Bugtown never looked so good.

You hear that, Something Awful? You terrible people.

: The Republic's made up of allies, not buildings.

: The Hawkeyes know Balmorra's infrastructure better than anyone. Perhaps they'll make future victories more certain. Either way, we'd likely be standing in a bombed-out mess if it wasn't for you. You've got my thanks.

: There's a lot of Balmorra left. What's your next move?

: Get into more populated areas, start contacting the locals.

: Beke Talrott, the resistance leader, requested our aid, but the satellite system kept us from answering. I'd like to send you.

: The more allies we have, the better our chances.

: Exactly. Balmorra's not a member of the Republic, but we're hoping to change that.

: I know some people who know some people who are making a lot of noise about that.

: Heh. I bet you do. I'll let Beke know you're heading in that direction. He'll be waiting.

NEXT TIME: So long, Sobrik.

BONUS CODEX CONTENT:

Republic Relations with Balmorra posted:

The Republic government’s relationship with Balmorra’s people has been a complex, turbulent affair. Before Balmorra’s conquest, the planet was a proudly independent trading partner of the Republic; when the war came to Balmorra’s doorstep, the Republic offered troops and ships to help protect its ally. But Republic protection wasn’t enough. Balmorra was conquered, and after the Treaty of Coruscant the Republic officially withdrew its forces. For years afterward, small contingents of Republic troops left behind on the planet continued supporting the resistance in secret, but the Balmorran citizenry, as a whole, felt misused and abandoned. A recent covert operation involving small groups of SIS agents, Jedi and military advisors ended in disaster when the Empire hunted down these interlopers and forced the Republic to once again abandon the oppressed citizenry. Now that the Republic military has fully committed its forces to the planet, the resistance fighters and their government-in-exile are understandably wary of fully embracing the alliance.

Inferior fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 14, 2014

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Come out to where I can see you.

Which is, uh, no where. Hm.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Inferior posted:

You hear that, Something Awful? You terrible people.

Was there ever any doubt? :v:

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Balmorra Episode 2: Doctor, doctor, give me the news

Begin Recording

At a small resistance base on the plains of Balmorra.

: My Lord it is an honor to report to someone so close to our glorious Emperor. Imperial reconnaissance unit I-M3. Several of my systems remain offline. I was attacked on patrol by the local resistance. We cannot underestimate these perfidious rebels. Our most recent defeat has given them a significant advantage.

:Can you explain that?

: I have located the crash site of Shadow Squadron--poor, brave men. The transponders in the downed fighters continue to function. If properly decoded, the resistance could use the transponders to track other Imperial ships, and blast our noble pilots out of the sky.

:Why are you so readily sharing this with me?

: Several technicians here struggle to repair me. I suspect they are spies. A Republic officer named Sergeant Durren is helping the resistance. He is responsible for Shadow Squadron's untimely demise. The transponders must not reach Sergeant Durren. They must be destroyed. I will recommend the fleet target his camp.

:RAWR BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, Skulls for the Emperors throne. I will deal with these worthless rabble personally.

: Show the Republic our superior strength. Leave no survivors. The debris is spread across the area. I have uploaded the coordinates to your communicator. I will await further repairs; Long may we serve the Empire.

: Um, yeah. Praise be to the Emperor!

:The transponder should be somewhere around here...

: And that's the last one... You know it still bugs me that the imperial droid mistook me for a Sith. I don't get how it could make that kind of mistake.

: Umm, Strong darkside aura, glowing red lightsaber, covered from head to toe in the blood of your foes, violent response to any problem,

:Whatever do you mean?

: :sigh: I don't get it either. Anyway lets go and beat up some more Imperials.

: Just as I hoped. The empire mobilized an entire armoured battalion. Keep up the good work my friend.

: The Imperials are exceeding my expectations. Sobrik's forces have been cut by almost two-thirds. Keep up the pressure.

: Perfect. Sobrik's defenses have been reduced to the bare minimum. The resistance team is heading in. I think it's best if you follow and keep an eye on them. Too much is riding on this mission.

:You could contribute something to this mission besides bright ideas.

: By the time I reached Sobrik, it would be too late to help. You're already in position. The resistance team identified a vehicle depot as their best access point to the imperial computer system. Transmitting the grid coordinates now... I'll continue monitoring Sobrik. If I see trouble, I'll alert you immediately. Keep our new friends safe--over and out...

Later in Sobrik...

Video version

:Have you accessed the Imperial network?

: Already downloaded everything. We were just leaving when that Imperial medical transport landed for refuelling. Avers and his men opened fire.

: Balmorran scum! Murderers! My men are dying. We'll never reach the medcenter now.

: You just made my season, Imp. Bet you've got some choice gear on that transport...

: Greedy vermin. These soldiers were defending Balmorra!

:The only thing Balmorra needs defending from is you.

: Still they're dying. We can't just stand by and watch.

:We can't? drat, I was looking forward to it...

: Do you read? Colicoid nest stirred up by fighting. Waves of them headed for Sobrik's outskirts. Leave now or you'll be surrounded.

: Colicoids? They'll rip us apart. Every man for himself! Move!

: We can't flee. Those beasts will kill us!

: I don't abandon wounded men, even Imperials. Then again, being eaten wasn't on my agenda for today.

: :ughh: I can save these soldiers, if someone keeps the Colicoids off me.

:We can't save everyone. The Imperials will have to fend for themselves.

: Take these medkits. They might help.

: Spare us your charity, we'll die with honor.

: Leaving here would be a lot easier if there was another transport. Actually, I did see a speeder bike outside. Only seats one. Hmm...

:I'll find my own way out. I'm not sitting in your lap on a first date.

: That goes double for me.

Your friend Warrens' at these coordinates. I'll meet you there. Good Luck!

Afterwards at a nearby resistance base...

: Glad to see everyone made it back safely.

: Tell that to the Imperials we abandoned. They're a Colicoid dinner buffet.

:For all we know, the soldiers made it.

: Even if the Colicoids didn't find them, the wounded had minutes to live. I should've stayed.

: Every loss of life diminishes the Force. That's why our mission must not fail. This is Nikollan Kord, one of the top resistance leaders. He analysed the data we obtained from Sobrik. Found us a lead.

: One of our spies was captured weeks ago attempting to steal what might be the Empires' cloaking device project. The data revealed where she's being held.

:How long has the resistance known about the cloaking device?

: Long enough. It became an object of interest for obvious reasons. We believe she's inside an Imperial tactical operations base. Heavily fortified, protected by a regiment of troops.

: That's where I come in!

: Colonel Finley commands the Republics Fifth Expeditionary Force. He's agreed to assist our operation.

: Trouble is, if that TacOps base crew sees my troops marching in, they'll close the blast shields. Those shut, there's no getting them open.

:Lightsabers make great can openers!

: No time. If the enemy summons reinforcements while we're stuck outside, we'd be trapped.

: One of you Jedi could slip inside. Disable the blast shields before they close. Then the base would be ours.

: We'd have to distract that Imperial regiment. Create an opening,

: My troops provide quite a distraction.

: The resistance must be part of this. Our spy won't talk if I'm not there.

I'll escort the resistance. That leaves you to penetrate the base and deactivate those blast shields ahead of our arrival.

:Get your forces ready Colonel. We leave immediately.

At a resistance base overlooking the objective...

:Sergeant Durren. I heard your team tracks Imperial ships. These transponders may help.

: These are straight out of Imperial aircraft. We haven't even been able to get near the wrecks. We'll start decoding these immediately. I don't know how you found them but thanks.

: Bad news my friend. The Empire just landed heavy war droids in the region. Hunter-Killers. The droids are patrolling the territory between you and the objective. If they detect you heading for that Imperial base, they'll raise an alert.

: We can't risk the base's blast shields closing before you get there. You'll have to disable those war droids quickly.

:Scrapped Imperial war droids, coming right up.

: I'm sending the latest reconnaissance data on the war droids' positions. Eliminate them and continue on to the Imperial base.

: Never a dull moment. We should visit war zones more often.

: There you have the data, Be careful. Over and out...

:Those were the empires finest war-droids? I fought tougher foes in my sleep.

"SWTOR Codex" posted:

Camp Conquest

The former site of the resistance's "Outpost Victory," this base was built into a crater formed during the Imperial bombardment of Balmorra. Losing the outpost was costly for the resistance, and the Empire renamed it to remind the Balmorran people of the consequences of defiance.

Camp Conquest now serves as a forward base and prison camp for the Empire, housing several command and control centers alongside holding cells for high-value prisoners. Well-guarded by turrets and shields and boasting a significant terrain advantage, the camp is a symbol of Imperial oppression and domination.

Video

:Warren, I've disabled the base's blast shields. It's wide-open for you.

: We're almost there but Colonel Finley detects a reactor surge coming from the base. Looks like the base commander initiated a self-destruct sequence. You don't have much time to stop it. Shut down all the security consoles in there as fast as you can. Hurry!

:Self-destruct aborted. The base is ours, Warren. Send in the troops.

: Doc what are you doing here?

: I'm busting you out, sweetheart. Where else would I be?

:Why didn't you mention knowing her back at the briefing?

: Don't be jealous, beautiful. We're just old friends.

: We thought we'd lost you Madel.

: She's as healthy as ever. Life signs green across the board.

:Where are the other prisoners?

: The Empire executed them. I was next. You came just in time.

: We're glad you're safe. Please tell us what you discovered about the Empire's cloaking device project.

: Imperial scientists left Balmorra with the prototype when the Republic invaded. It's long gone.

: Madel... I sense great turmoil within you. I know you're lying. What are you afraid of?

: Wait just a minute. She's one of us.

:Warren wouldn't accuse her of lying unless he was certain. He's too much of an uptight arsehole to do otherwise

: Thanks for the vote of confidence... The truth will come out. Wouldn't you rather be the one who reveals it?

: When Nikollan hears the truth, he'll want to kill me. Promise you'll stop him.

:No one will hurt you. Providing you Tell us everything.

: Take it easy. Whatever this is, we'll work it out.

: The Empire offered me a deal: cooperate, or die slowly. I toled them everything about the resistance. Names, Locations, Plans.

: I knew it! The Empire has been slaughtering our people using your information!

: Give them something they can use. Tell them about the cloaking device.

: The Empire is studying it at the Balmorran Arms Factory. It's there I promise.

:What kind of security does this Balmorran Arms Factory have?

: The defense grid's the tightest on the planet. I got in, but I couldn't get out.

: You know the price of betrayal.

: Wait. She has enemy intelligence. She could be an asset.

:Colonel Finley needs information on the Empire. You work for him now.

: I'm sorry Nikollan. I had no choice.

: Madel was ours to punish. The resistance will not forget this insult.

: Neither will I. Thanks for saving her. I owe you.

: The Balmorran Arms Factory is the Empires biggest stronghold. Assaulting the base was one thing, but taking on that fortress...

: I know that place inside-out. Need a shortcut through that rancors den? I'm your man.

:Welcome to the team, Doc. I'll try not to get you killed.

: If the Imperials attack with grenades, you can throw Doc on them.

: Colonel Finley and I will coordinate a full offensive against the Empire. We'll clear you a path to the Balmorran Arms Factory. The rest is up to you. Get that cloaking device prototype at all costs. May the Force be with us.

SWTOR Codex posted:

Doc

The brilliant medtech known simply as "Doc" is driven to bring quality health care to underserved star systems. This has led Doc to keep some unusual company: pathosis-riddled crime lord Fashaka Four-Toes, the Red Band Rebels of Cadinth and even the Imperial military during a brief stint impersonating a member of the Imperial Medical Corps on the conquered planet Sullust.

Doc has a talent for using bad people to save good lives--a fact he emphasizes to anyone within earshot. Some characterize Doc as a blowhard and scoundrel, but these individuals have never required his impressive surgical skills. Doc has visited every major galactic battleground over the past five years and saved more lives than even he can count.

Likes: Looking like a hero, romance and flirtation, helping those in need
Dislikes: Looking bad, hurting the innocent, refusing to help

Primary Stat: Cunning
Secondary Stat: Endurance

Primary Weapon: Blaster Pistol
Secondary Weapon: Scattergun

End Recording

:siren:Voting Time!:siren:

Per the long standing vote we'll be romancing Doc to see how deep this rabbit hole goes. But do we Like or Dislike him? You guys have a week or whenever I do the next update (whichever is sooner) to decide.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Dec 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Ferrosol posted:

: Madel... I sense great within you. I know you're lying. What are you afraid of?

Your missing a word here. Fear or conflict or something.

quote:

:siren:Voting Time!:siren:

Per the long standing vote we'll be romancing Doc to see how deep this rabbit hole goes. But do we Like or Dislike him? You guys have a week or whenever I do the next update (whichever is sooner) to decide.

Dislike

• Locked thread