Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Steve Vader posted:

I've managed to get Cap and Thor's ISOs to drop, but no Iron Man yet. I've also managed Cable and one of Deadpool's, but that's it. I've tried the Hydra Bob fight many many many times and got three of that particular one of Deadpool's, but I can't get Wolverine's.

I have Iron Man's x3, but no Cap and no Thor.

Grrrr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Liar Lyre posted:

You could do what I do, play nearly exclusively PvE and make the greatest superhero team ever. That's honestly why I play, because I love superheroes

So I have a question for you guys. I'm on iOS and I'm trying to figure out a plan to finish the Valkyrie spec ops. I got 60 CP, 52 Gold, and I need 213 CP to get everyone for the epic boss. I think I should get enough for Beast because I'll need him for Havok eventually, then spend the 25 Gold to skip the boss and save up for the next Spec Ops. Or should is spend all my Gold to get the heroes? Or maybe not get Beast now and save for the next Spec Ops, whatever that one may be. Decisions decisions.

I'd pay the 25 gold to skip the boss and save the CP for just now. You can always buy beast later if you want him, no point spending gold to get CP if you dont need them right this second, command points drop from bosses, gold doesnt. You currently have enough gold to skip this boss AND the next one for havok if you havent got the heros or command points you need by the time the next one rolls round.

I would agree that the cube is annoying as hell though, I play PvP because I want the lockboxes from the current season and because its not too hard to end up in gold and get the 10 free gold. If I'm lucky I get the weapon some seasons. The cube is irritating as it makes the fights last longer. So far I dont think I've lost any on attack that I would have won if they didnt have the cube, but some of my wins have taken forever. As for defense, who the hell knows, some days I have lost 100 points, some days I've gained 50. I'm running rescue/ares with a blaster agent because despite all attempts to rebalance them they are still a really good team and more importantly on defence there arent many terrible moves the AI can inexplicably make with them.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Jetfire posted:

Replacing the Lost Pages of Vishanti and Shawarma with those lame-rear end Halloween candy items in the ally visit pages is a serious bummer.

I dunno, the marshmallow ghost that makes your whole team ethereal is pretty sweet.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I dunno, the marshmallow ghost that makes your whole team ethereal is pretty sweet.

Marshmallow... sweet... I see what you did there!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I realized that i only lose pvp matches if my agent gets stunned or killed in the first turn. You'd have thought they would have toned down modern thor, or at least make him so he doesn't get first turn very often. Oh yea, his thunder doesn't kill the entire team in one shot anymore, but his hammer throw can take out anyone.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I'm getting absolutely slaughtered in defense every day. I'm making most/all of it back on offense but it sucks playing that many matches and treading water.

Also I wish they would fix the counterattack on the toolkit after all the time I spent getting that fucker.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm just doing my 5 per day PVP, I put NO bonus items on Defense and I'm playing low rent characters like Ms. Marvel and Spider-Woman and me with a crappy rookie jumpsuit with fragments and shards, and somehow I'm hovering between Gold and Diamond right now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay, I just had a weird thing, an agent with the suit from the last pvp season, his icon was just huge. Like I'd click on Thors hammer (Thor was in the top position) the agent would still be highlighted. I kept attacking the agent and for some reason that suit always does counter attacks even though I don't have any tacts in my team. I have just started resetting when I see that thing.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

SiKboy posted:

I'd pay the 25 gold to skip the boss and save the CP for just now. You can always buy beast later if you want him, no point spending gold to get CP if you dont need them right this second, command points drop from bosses, gold doesnt. You currently have enough gold to skip this boss AND the next one for havok if you havent got the heros or command points you need by the time the next one rolls round.

When you put it like that, makes perfect sense. Thanks.

But.... I looked at CP yields and all kinds of math people did and I have a ton of energy refills. I'm going to run 4.4 all dang day tomorrow since I'm off work. Hell, I did one run and got 9 more CP :toot:

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

JohnnyCanuck posted:

The main thing is that now there are dozens of debuffs that don't have an equivalent healing item, so you're either stuck using the healer characters or tons and tons of Panacea Injections/Gene Inoculations.

edit: if you don't have the Bologna Scroll, at least.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Syrinxx posted:

Is there any loving way to beat this god drat reality hacking cube because I'm about to just quit this bullshit game forever

Wait until they release the Covert Ops to find all the Infinity Gems, and get the Infinity Gauntlet with 6 actions.:v:

I bought Punisher because I figured I have enough time before the next Spec-Ops to gather more CPs. He's pretty fun to use. I wonder how well him and Mockingbird would be on defense.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I just had Power of Four hit all 6 people in PVP with Probability Field. :stare: Nimble + Steel Curtain (the latter also from PF) managed to let me take all of their attacks while they burnt themselves out before me.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Okay, I just had a weird thing, an agent with the suit from the last pvp season, his icon was just huge. Like I'd click on Thors hammer (Thor was in the top position) the agent would still be highlighted. I kept attacking the agent and for some reason that suit always does counter attacks even though I don't have any tacts in my team. I have just started resetting when I see that thing.

Click on the picture at the top to attack the right target. And the armor gives combat reflexes as a quick action. The armor this season gives the scrapper a follow-up attack as quick action.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

Click on the picture at the top to attack the right target. And the armor gives combat reflexes as a quick action. The armor this season gives the scrapper a follow-up attack as quick action.

Oh gently caress that poo poo right there. Never bring an Inf to PVP ever again.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Oh gently caress that poo poo right there. Never bring an Inf to PVP ever again.

It's not going to matter. It's a quick action so the follow up will be on anyone.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

SiKboy posted:

As for defense, who the hell knows, some days I have lost 100 points, some days I've gained 50. I'm running rescue/ares with a blaster agent because despite all attempts to rebalance them they are still a really good team and more importantly on defence there arent many terrible moves the AI can inexplicably make with them.

I'm running Ares/Rescue with the anti-stun iso on him and the one that makes buff actions a quick turn for her. Rescue will be at level 13 when I get home so I'm going to add the iso that heals her when she buffs just to be an extra pain in the rear end.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

This just happened.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Georgia Peach posted:

This just happened.

Cosmic Cube + Scarlet Witch + Deadpool team?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

Cosmic Cube + Scarlet Witch + Deadpool team?

Yeah, that's likely from Deadpool.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

It was Deadpool. Also a cube agent and Wolverine threw a few punches.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Deadpool is the freaking best.

Although I have noticed that Kurse has started to use Living Armor RIGHT when I'm about to smash him with Deadpool's L9. Very annoying.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

It's not going to matter. It's a quick action so the follow up will be on anyone.

Just rewarding spendtards and people who have nothing else to do but play pvp.

WTF, my teams are being over written, I hit pvp and it gave me the team I just fought Blaster Kurse.

And of course Mk42 Iron Man and Black Panther out the other team.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 21, 2013

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Georgia Peach posted:

This just happened.

I've done that with Captain Britain and Hulk against a scraper, too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This may just me seeing patterns where there is none, but if I take the same team in pvp too many times, I starts to throw teams that can beat the crap out of mine. I was using Thane and Cyk for a while, and suddently I was coming up against teams with strong scrappers and infs, then I switched Cyk for Elektra, and then I was fighting a lot of deadpool teams. Then switched her with Ares, and after playing a bit last night, suddenly, i'm up against double blaster teams.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Welp, that was the easiest PVP lockbox character I've ever unlocked. Just unlocked Sabretooth with only 1 or 2 duplicates.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Now available for Android. :toot:
I wonder if it's as messed up as the mobile version? I'm still waiting for the updates to Wolverine, Nightcrawler and more. Some heroes are garbage.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Liar Lyre posted:

Now available for Android. :toot:
I wonder if it's as messed up as the mobile version? I'm still waiting for the updates to Wolverine, Nightcrawler and more. Some heroes are garbage.

Not for kindle, but do I really need 3 games of this on the go?

EDIT: Is there any boss drops worth farming? Normally at this time i just farm the spec ops missions for getting the 5 star reward and get any drops, though i never get anything.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Nov 22, 2013

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Not for kindle, but do I really need 3 games of this on the go?

EDIT: Is there any boss drops worth farming? Normally at this time i just farm the spec ops missions for getting the 5 star reward and get any drops, though i never get anything.

If you're asking about the SO, the epic boss drop and SO3 drop are sort of interesting, but nothing is really a must-have this time around. The season 2 chapter 2 items all seem similarly 'interesting but probably not practical' so you're probably best off farming eiso till your eyes bleed if you want to farm something.

The Reverand Me
May 12, 2007
Let's make Gravy!
I downloaded the droid version. My ID is Shatners Hair if anyone wants allies.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Reverand Me posted:

I downloaded the droid version. My ID is Shatners Hair if anyone wants allies.

Same. My ID is SteelAngel2000

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Just started on Android. NateAB83.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ayndin posted:

If you're asking about the SO, the epic boss drop and SO3 drop are sort of interesting, but nothing is really a must-have this time around. The season 2 chapter 2 items all seem similarly 'interesting but probably not practical' so you're probably best off farming eiso till your eyes bleed if you want to farm something.

Yea, thats by non SO farming. God dammit 5 QS Emisos!!!

And crap, 3 teams with modern thorn in it and 3 complete shut outs. How do you make modern thor go first every single time?

Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

No, Babou, that was all sarcasm.
YES, ALL OF IT, YOU FOX-EARED ASSHOLE!

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Same. My ID is SteelAngel2000

My ID is Whargoul, because I am very good at coming up with different user names.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
What is a good secondary EIso for a Scrapper? I am about to hit 13 with Omega Sentinel and I already have the Sympathetic EIso but I am unsure what to fill the second slot with

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

MotU posted:

What is a good secondary EIso for a Scrapper? I am about to hit 13 with Omega Sentinel and I already have the Sympathetic EIso but I am unsure what to fill the second slot with

If it's just for PVE, I don't know that I would bother with anything. For PVP, probably Relentless.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

MotU posted:

Try the one that heals on quick actions or buffs. Someone said earlier that you heal every time you switch classes, which can be always. I'm interested to see if that works.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Grem posted:

Try the one that heals on quick actions or buffs. Someone said earlier that you heal every time you switch classes, which can be always. I'm interested to see if that works.

That's Sympathetic. If OS doesn't get killed inbetween rounds in PVP, she can heal to full just fine. I've had my Agent and Scarlet Witch get killed in the first round and proceeded to beat the entire other team with just OS.

Also thanks Sefer, I'll try out Relentless

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm not even upset, because it was hilarious, but I just fought a game against ares, cyk and a cube agent. I never got a single hit, because they avoided 100% of my attacks, and everytime the agent or scott attacked, ares would attack, and every time I attacked, scott would give whomever attacked their extra turn. Every. Single. Time. What is funny, Is I still won because my agent lived long enough to get Atom Smasher off and it did 60k damage to all 3.

Borrego
May 17, 2010

I need pictures!
Pictures of Greaser-Man!
Just started playing on Android. What exactly is the purpose of recruiting allies?

Feel free to add me: Borrego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Borrego posted:

Just started playing on Android. What exactly is the purpose of recruiting allies?

Feel free to add me: Borrego

Allies are crew for your planes and give you goodies like Shield points and Unstable-ISO for Sec Ops. So try to fill out your ally list.

• Locked thread