Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

who is that Rick character anyways has he always been there?

He's the one that wore that sherrif hat all the time. I don't know why he suddenly grew up so fast though, I mean, he was a kid like just last season, right? This show is all over the place with time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

PaganGoatPants posted:

People still missed it. Rewatch needed.

To be fair to the viewers, they probably forgot all about it while they were laughing their asses off at the governor's sick juke of a zombie.

Bedurndurn fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 19, 2013

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

euphronius posted:

It would not make any thematic sense for the Gov's daughter to think he was the black king.

Also I suppose yes the black marker wouldn't show up.

Well obviously the only sense to make here is instead of a kid drawing on something white that she's a friggen racist and that luggage she was hauling had her hood and cloak tucked in it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bedurndurn posted:

To be fair to the viewers, they probably forgot all about it while they were laughing their asses off at the governor's sick juke of a zombie.

I think you mean his unguardable cross-over.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

zoux posted:

I should've known the internet had taken care of it and not bothered downloading gifcam.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

zoux posted:

Okay, this got me. That's hilarious.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Christ. I don't blame him. I really don't. And what bothers me more is a lot of fans ARE happy with his departure. Not in a "It's different, but I still like it." way, but in a "Darabont was a knob who wanted to see things with characters that aren't Rick and Crew, so he sucks." It's frustrating to read.

I do miss Darabont. I feel like he would've handled this whole Governor thing a lot better then anyone else. I would be one of the few people who really didn't like this episode at all. They tried to make the Governor an actual character here, and I appreciate that....but I hate the character so much for being a silly cartoon, that honestly, you're going to need more then 3 episodes to get him on my side. I wish they had spread that story out through the season, so we see him slowly, very slowly become a better person. I feel like that would've been a bit more easier to swallow.

Hell, Carol's been getting better since Season 3, and I feel like she finally hit her peak with this season.....so of course they got rid of her..ugh. I don't know. I'm curious to see where it goes, but I'm not looking forward to the next episode. Just not a fan of that character, guys.

But David Morrisay is awesome. I think he does put on a good performance.

verybad
Apr 23, 2010

Now with 100% less DoTA crotchshots

CelticPredator posted:

Hell, Carol's been getting better since Season 3, and I feel like she finally hit her peak with this season.....so of course they got rid of her..ugh. I don't know. I'm curious to see where it goes, but I'm not looking forward to the next episode. Just not a fan of that character, guys.

Just because Carol isn't with the group doesn't mean she's out of the show. This season has kept its episodes focused on as few characters as possible, so I don't think its out of the question that we might see an episode focused on her as well.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I really hope so. I miss her actually. Aside from going out of character there, I really think she became a strong survivor. Which I liked a lot. So i'm excited for her return.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
They brought back the governor when they had no reason to and plenty of justification for never showing him again. We will see Carol again.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The governor plot is basically this?

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Theglavwen posted:

Speaking of the Gov's alias, what the hell was up with that? Why were those barn people so obsessed with Brian Heriot? I mean, his name was written on that barn like 12 times, half the time not even in conjunction with anything. Not even 'Brian Heriot wuz here' or something, just "Brian Heriot".

Actually, there were messages to Brian Heriot on the side of the barn- with one being pretty sad and tragic. It was obvious his loved ones knew he would come looking for them if he was still alive and left it there for him to see.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I knew it! Just remembered to check the cast list, and did any Arrow fans recognise Lilly's actress from last week's episode as Diggle's ex who had to be rescued from the Russian prison?

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Yeah, there were a couple, 'Don't come home Brian' etc., but half of them were just his name scrawled pointlessly, like, three Brians for every message.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This was a sad episode. The grandfather on oxygen with cancer, the ill prepared women. Very sad.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
And yet, someone in this thread thought that was the Govenors real name.

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
Did anyone else feel this weeks episode was like a real take on the video game? It felt Gov was the PC with such little dialogue and you could almost feel the multiple choice questions pop up with the time bar running out whenever he had to say something.

Maybe it was just me though...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Which is all you need to know as to why they put the name up there in big letters multiple times.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I actually also missed the fact that the Gov borrowed the name written on the barn :(

Best thing to do is actually watching the episode, read through 20 pages of forum, and then rewatch. (well, only the good episodes which thankfully have been plenty this season. Even if the remaining episodes are all poo poo I would still consider this season to be the best so far.)

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Theglavwen posted:

Yeah, there were a couple, 'Don't come home Brian' etc., but half of them were just his name scrawled pointlessly, like, three Brians for every message.

Well, TWD viewers.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Kind of funny we haven't had any significant Darryl screentime for about 3 episodes in a row, and people aren't flaming about it.

Imagine this would have happened one or two seasons ago.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Evernoob posted:

Kind of funny we haven't had any significant Darryl screentime for about 3 episodes in a row, and people aren't flaming about it.

I'm pissed about it, but only because I can't stand cliffhanger moments (finding out about Carol) being held off for two freaking episodes.

However, we did need a bit of a breather after the prior one, I guess.

I just want to see if Daryl freaks out or not.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Evernoob posted:

The next episode that they're back at the prison will probably be Daryl-centric, I would imagine. They held off on the Carol as the killer reveal deliberately.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Svanja posted:

I'm pissed about it, but only because I can't stand cliffhanger moments (finding out about Carol) being held off for two freaking episodes.

However, we did need a bit of a breather after the prior one, I guess.

I just want to see if Daryl freaks out or not.
I don't think Darryl will freak out. They did a worse thing to his brother and he was still mostly chilled out about it. He may want to go looking for her but after his speech to Michonne I think he will be convinced to stay and keep helping the group due to the severity of the situation.

I'm bad at making predictions though, I just moan about other peoples :v:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Rick: Sorry man, but she admitted killing those two to me herself. I had no choice.

Daryl: loving impossible man! You lie.

Rick: Why?

Daryl: Because she was with me all night that night!

DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNNN

Cue to Clip from Next Week on The Walking Dead From AMC.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
Maybe I'm the only one but if they did something that over the top cheesy I'd love this show forever.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Redundant posted:

I don't think Darryl will freak out. They did a worse thing to his brother and he was still mostly chilled out about it. He may want to go looking for her but after his speech to Michonne I think he will be convinced to stay and keep helping the group due to the severity of the situation.

I'm bad at making predictions though, I just moan about other peoples :v:

I assume he will be all ready to go search for her, but since the Governor shows up he will stay.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

zoux posted:

We say the Governor is a monster, but mostly he just has a bigger body count than some other characters who have done similar things that only cost a few lives rather than dozens or more.

This is stupider than that one time the guy posted in this thread who didn't know that everyone turns into a zombie when they died.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doctor Butts posted:

This is stupider than that one time the guy posted in this thread who didn't know that everyone turns into a zombie when they died.

No it's a legit question, I actually watch the show Doctor Butts. But I guess you probably make power rankings of what is the most bad guy on TV.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think the rape/torture complex is probably where the Gov went over the line from being "just" a different model of leadership in a bad situation.

The contrast between him and Rick though is/was a cool commentary on American politics though.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

zoux posted:

No it's a legit question, I actually watch the show Doctor Butts. But I guess you probably make power rankings of what is the most bad guy on TV.

No its loving retarded because you're saying that the Governor is only worse than the other characters because he has a bigger body count. Which is totally disregarding the loving rape, torture, zombie thunderdome, and loving murder squads.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

I think the rape/torture complex is probably where the Gov went over the line from being "just" a different model of leadership in a bad situation.

Access to means, I think it's important to consider whether intent or outcome is a bigger indicator of "monsterhood". Like when people in this thread are literally cheering the murder of that one dude by Carl or going bonkers in favor of all the anti-social murderous behavior that we see week to week are monsters or not.

Doctor Butts posted:

No its loving retarded because you're saying that the Governor is only worse than the other characters because he has a bigger body count. Which is totally disregarding the loving rape, torture, zombie thunderdome, and loving murder squads.

Oh I see, my shorthand has confused you. Yes I know all those things happened, but relative morality vs. survival is a major theme in this show. If new Carol had been in the Governor's position, then would you be surprised about her doing all the same stuff? The Governor is the ultimate end of that "survival for my group" line of thinking. Farmer Rick would be the ultimate end of the "try to maintain humanity in the face of overwhelming horror" being the other end of the spectrum.

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 20, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Doctor Butts posted:

No its loving retarded because you're saying that the Governor is only worse than the other characters because he has a bigger body count. Which is totally disregarding the loving rape, torture, and loving murder squads.

Also his head aquariums and feeding strangers to his daughter.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

zoux posted:

No, sorry. The Gov is a cartoonly evil character. They wrote him as such a polar evil character that they ruined him. Then this season they are trying a total do-over.

zoux posted:

The Governor is the ultimate end of that "survival for my group" line of thinking. Farmer Rick would be the ultimate end of the "try to maintain humanity in the face of overwhelming horror" being the other end of the spectrum.

Dude not even. The Governor didn't give a gently caress about his townpeople. His whole kind-leader routine was an act, it was all about power and revenge. He murdered people and fed them to zombies, and mass murdered his own army. That's not "survival for my group" it was all personal.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 20, 2013

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Evernoob posted:

I actually also missed the fact that the Gov borrowed the name written on the barn :(

Best thing to do is actually watching the episode, read through 20 pages of forum, and then rewatch. (well, only the good episodes which thankfully have been plenty this season. Even if the remaining episodes are all poo poo I would still consider this season to be the best so far.)

I'm not going to be bothered to read a loving wall in an episode that is already more dull than watching paint dry. Goddamn how long was that loving scene, 130 minutes? Once there were other people it was more interesting, but with more long slow dull passages

He should have named himself Pea Tear Gryphon.

zoux posted:

Like when people in this thread are literally cheering the murder of that one dude by Carl

Who did Carl murder? He shot a guy who refused to put down his weapon.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

zoux posted:

Access to means, I think it's important to consider whether intent or outcome is a bigger indicator of "monsterhood". Like when people in this thread are literally cheering the murder of that one dude by Carl or going bonkers in favor of all the anti-social murderous behavior that we see week to week are monsters or not.

Oh I see, my shorthand has confused you. Yes I know all those things happened, but relative morality vs. survival is a major theme in this show. If new Carol had been in the Governor's position, then would you be surprised about her doing all the same stuff? The Governor is the ultimate end of that "survival for my group" line of thinking. Farmer Rick would be the ultimate end of the "try to maintain humanity in the face of overwhelming horror" being the other end of the spectrum.

Yeah rick also sexually assaulted and tortured people it's really the same.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

messagemode1 posted:

Yeah rick also sexually assaulted and tortured people it's really the same.

No it's not the same which is why I said it was the opposite.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

zoux posted:

No it's not the same which is why I said it was the opposite.

:thejoke: good lord this thread is dense.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

zoux posted:

The Governor is the ultimate end of that "survival for my group" line of thinking.

The Governor is the ultimate end of that "survival for myself" line of thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Listen I'mma make this quick checklist for someone being a bad guy or not:

Do you have a speculum in your torture kit [ ] Yes [ ] No

Ok if the dude checks Yes he is totally 100% evil forever and all time the end. I'm glad to help people out here.

• Locked thread