Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Ringo R posted:

GPS Visualizer Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lSywQktyRQ

I assume this was done by importing GPS data and the game plays it back as a replay or whatever. Graphics are looking pretty drat good.

What interests me is how well it can be told how wide the track is and the ability to add buildings/cones/tyres onto the track.

One thing I didn't like is how smooth the GT6 track is, in the real life one you can see the car hopping and skipping about and undulating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Isn't that for a track that already exists in the game? I don't think this is the GPS track creator, it's just showing off the ECU / GPS integration if you have a car capable of it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Drunk Badger posted:

Isn't that for a track that already exists in the game? I don't think this is the GPS track creator, it's just showing off the ECU / GPS integration if you have a car capable of it.

Correct. PD hasn't shown off the GPS track creator yet.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Here's your ugly merc trailer with a bit too much pomp. Some in engine GT6 footage looks like. Non-chrome paintjobs included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_iULLlcsSo

Don't know what's up with the fixed spoiler at 0:12.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 20, 2013

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Rinkles posted:

Don't know what's up with the fixed spoiler at 0:12.

It's a racing special version of the car according to Playstation Blog.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/20/be-the-first-to-drive-the-mercedes-amg-vision-gt/

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I said come in! posted:

Correct. PD hasn't shown off the GPS track creator yet.

That is what I'm dying to see.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
What I'm dying to see is this game on PSN in North America, I won't be able to play it unless they release it digitally :negative:

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

slidebite posted:

That is what I'm dying to see.

I'm just expecting the tracks to look like the ones generated in GT5, just a road out in the countryside which matches the layout and terrain of the route. However, I'd still really like to see it first-hand.

El Hefe posted:

What I'm dying to see is this game on PSN in North America, I won't be able to play it unless they release it digitally :negative:

I was going to pre-order from Amazon, since they had it for £40 with two car packs. Then I found out it was coming out on the PSN store, for £50 with 1 car pack or £60 for all 6.

Since I prefer having games digitally, and am account-sharing with a friend, I decided to go for the £60 one just because it was a choice between being overcharged for the regular version or going all in with the pre-order bonuses. At least sharing it means I'm only paying £30, though.

That Fucking Sned fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 20, 2013

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Just pre-ordered via Gamestop. C'mon December 6th.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Bentai posted:

Just pre-ordered via Gamestop. C'mon December 6th.

I did the same thing. The next two weeks are going to crawl by.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is that really it? 2 weeks? That's not bad at all. Somehow I thought it was much longer. I guess the wait just isnt that bad for me because I have much much lower expectations than GT5, and i'm so busy that I don't have time to think about this game.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
So I'm thinking of picking up a G27 and Wheelstand Pro, considering a used pair off Craigslist because I'm poor ($400+tax for a new set ffff...). For current G27 owners, how have your wheels been holding up? Do I need to be worried about the FFB gears wearing down or anything? And IIRC, Logitech is pretty good about replacing/repairing their controllers if they're broken, right?

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
I'm looking at a g27 myself, were there any good black friday deals last year?

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!

Drunk Badger posted:

I'm looking at a g27 myself, were there any good black friday deals last year?

It's $220 on Amazon right now, MSRP $320. Not bad...

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that's what I'll jump on if I don't see anything this weekend.

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

So are they going to be offering this digitally on the US PSN store as well, or should I just pre-order on amazon?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

justbread posted:

So are they going to be offering this digitally on the US PSN store as well, or should I just pre-order on amazon?

Yes, a 15 GB digital download.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Apparently according to Top Gear and a couple other sources, Polyphony Digital have been saying that they hope to get GT7 out for PS4 within a year?! Seems kinda crazy, but apparently some guy who's been known for leaking stuff accurately (not CBOAT, someone called Thuway I think?) said that he saw a really impressive GT7 tech demo running on PS4, of a car driving in the snow at night. It will be interesting to see if they can manage to get their PS4 title done as soon as they hope to, and how it will stack up in regards to features and content. They seem to be in a pretty good groove right now though, especially with how much new content GT6 is seeing (and every new track featuring dynamic time of day and weather) so I'm hopeful it will be pretty decent.

MUFFlNS fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Nov 22, 2013

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

MUFFlNS posted:

Apparently according to Top Gear and a couple other sources, Polyphony Digital have been saying that they hope to get GT7 out for PS4 within a year?! Seems kinda crazy, but apparently some guy who's been known for leaking stuff accurately (not CBOAT, someone called Thuway I think?) said that he saw a really impressive GT7 tech demo running on PS4, of a car driving in the snow at night. It will be interesting to see if they can manage to get their PS4 title done as soon as they hope to, and how it will stack up in regards to features and content. They seem to be in a pretty good groove right now though, especially with how much new content GT6 is seeing (and every new track featuring dynamic time of day and weather) so I'm hopeful it will be pretty decent.

I'd guess that it's going to be GT6 with a new coat of paint and some new content, but a new number so people who bought GT6 will still buy it. I'd still like to get it because it will almost definitely be in 1920x1080 at a locked 60 fps (rather than 1280x1080 at 45-60 fps), and will have all the PS4 features available such as streaming, recording, and Remote Play.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Polyphony will have had ps4 development kits for as long as anyone. No doubt they don't want to repeat the problems of gt5 taking an age to make. Bet we see something at e3

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GT7 might be a free to play racing game with microtransactions. PD has thrown the idea around, GT5 almost did that.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I'm looking forward to GT6 if for nothing else the inclusion of Bathurst. I'll rebuild my favourite cars from GT5 that were set up for Nurburg namely a M3 and a caterham R500 which is amusing for the air time it achieves. I've done Bathurst in other games but things just aren't quite right and I'd like to see what the team does with the track. Added bonus is it's only 100 kms from my house

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I swear to god if GT7 still has cars from the PS2 :argh: Who am I kidding, I'd still buy it.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
I'm kinda interested in what kind of reaction GT5 would have had to gamers had they have gone the way of Forza 5 and axed all "Standard Cars" and just kept the 221 Premium Cars and spent a ton of time on audio instead of integrating the 'used' cars with the premium ones? Tons of tracks, day/night, weather shift, track/rally racing, ect...would have probably had a much warmer reception I'd imagine. I hope GT7 goes that way and does away with subpar content and focuses on enriching the experience versus "GIVING US THE CAR DREAMS WE ALWAYS WANTED/HERE HAVE SOME MORE DLC" direction that FM5 is going.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GT5 had different issues then Forza 5. Forza 5 is a lack of content, where GT5 is a lack of good direction and poor design choices that ruin the game. The standard cars suck, but they don't really hurt the game, they are the least of its problems anyways.

If GT6 can have a good single player, and multiplayer works well, it'll be a real solid racing sim.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I think GT5 would have been fine in regards to content without standard cars, because there were plenty of new tracks/cars/features to carry the game regardless, and stuff such as dynamic weather, time of day and a course generator really fleshed out the experience and provided a huge leap over GT4 and the competition, especially when taking into account all the other stuff like grid size, cockpit view and damage etc.

Like ISCI said, the problems were design-related and a general lack of direction (well, that and crappy audio) that bogged the game down. There's a lot of problems ranging from the serious to the silly (e.g. great tracks never appearing in career mode, while others are repeated way too much) and nonsensical (used cars, B-Spec etc.) that really dragged the experience down, especially as they started to pile up. The game certainly isn't perfect and has a lot of room for improvement, but I think that when it comes to content and features that are offered up, PD has done a really great job, they just need someone to slap Kaz upside the head and remind him that GT is a game first and foremost.

I think they're starting to figure that out though, for example the Seasonal Events in GT5 bombarding players with so many credits that money might as well not be a part of the game at all when you can earn millions in minutes, and GT6 is apparently doing away with the XP system entirely. Who knows though? GT6 could introduce a whole new and exciting world of problems that we never dreamed of :v:

When it comes to singleplayer though, I think all games in this genre are just destined to have really lovely career modes. They all suck with the exception of Shift 2 Unleashed which had great singleplayer, but the physics completely ruined it. I still think Shift would have been better than both GT and Forza were it not for the physics gently caress-ups, which is why I'm more excited for Project CARS than anything else right now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wonder if there will be a season pass for the DLC.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

I said come in! posted:

I wonder if there will be a season pass for the DLC.

Probably not or it'd have been announced already, I don't like buying those season passes with their unannounced contents, if developers came out and said "this season pass contains X,Y, and Z" it'd be different but they never specify so gently caress them.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I decided to pick up a PS3 and GT5 'XL' in anticipation for this game. I'm going to order a G27 together with GT6 when the time comes because my wheel doesn't work worth a poo poo with anything new (Win 7, anything really).

I went to gamestop when it was raining hoping it would be empty but it turned out to be the Xbox One launch whoops. There were however more people buying PS3s than anything else which was kinda funny.

Usually these games never have the correct model year of cars I've had in real life before, but somehow GT5 had nearly everything spot on. If they'd only include a '91 Buick Century it'd round out everything :v:

I understand everyone's complaints about GT5, it does seem that seasonal events is basically an attempt to fix everything about single player career mode. And what the gently caress is B-Spec? I don't even understand that. Despite all the fuckery though its a massive improvement to the last title I played which was Forza 1. I can't wait to get the wheel and actually drive things faster than family sedans with consistency.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

GT7 might be a free to play racing game with microtransactions. PD has thrown the idea around, GT5 almost did that.

DriveClub looks like a compromise between free-to-play and a full boxed product. PS+ subscribers get a feature-complete version of the game that has a lot of the content removed, but they can pay a reduced price to bring it up to the full version. It would only really be free-to-play if any PS4 owner could play it, and if you could choose what to pay for.

It would be an interesting thing to try, since how many of the cars in GT5 did you actually get around to driving? However, Gran Turismo is still one of the bestselling series on the PlayStation, so I don't think they see any need to change the model. There's also the possibility that it could end up as bad as Forza 5's monetisation, and with GT6 already supporting the purchase of in-game currency, a full free-to-play version exploit that.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Uncle Jam posted:

I'm going to order a G27 together with GT6 when the time comes because my wheel doesn't work worth a poo poo with anything new (Win 7, anything really).

Just so you know, the G27 is on sale at Amazon today for $200

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-941-...VT74EM902RH9PN7

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Uncle Jam posted:

I understand everyone's complaints about GT5, it does seem that seasonal events is basically an attempt to fix everything about single player career mode.
Yeah instead of the grindfest we had to endure doing Indy with a Corvette, we found races that gets millions of credits quickly and happy that PD did that. Hopefully this pay to get credits doesn't make it so that they have to make everything a grindfest and hope we just buy credits.

quote:

And what the gently caress is B-Spec?

You control ai drivers who you want to throw a controller at because they're loving stupid. Unless you want completion, don't even bother touching it.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!

Ratmtattat posted:

Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered one and a Wheel Stand Pro. Can't loving wait for next week!

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
I thought I read something about a refresh of the g27. Anyone know anything about that?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Ratmtattat posted:

Thanks, I hit that up. Looks like it was sold out until Nov 30 but whatever there's no rush.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Some new gameplay footage, flashes are back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BxrmljqFU8

Matterhorn looks great and with day/night transitions should be amazing.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

I swear to god if this includes some of Mario Andretti's cars like a roadster from Indy in the 60s, his Lotus from '78, winning Daytona 500 car, and 2 CART cars and I'd be pretty happy. So anyways, we get to see Mario's first car get restored and get put in the game.

http://www.gtplanet.net/mario-andretti-featured-in-gran-turismo-6-first-love-interactive-campaign/

I wonder what stuff we'll get with Senna since it's from birth to 87 because McLaren probably won't give us any cars. So old go-kart, some lower series car, and maybe some Lotuses.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

El Hefe posted:

Some new gameplay footage, flashes are back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BxrmljqFU8

Matterhorn looks great and with day/night transitions should be amazing.

You know what this game needs? Spectators running away in terror when you slam into the wall right next to them. :colbert:

The next week and a half is going to take so much longer than normal!

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
So, is there any purpose to keeping GT5 Prologue once this comes out? I wasn't originally planning on picking this up so soon and snagged a copy of GT5P on Amazon for $10 a month ago, but unless there's something I'm missing I don't see myself popping back into Prologue once 6 is out.

Granted, I doubt Gamestop would give me more than a dollar or two for it, but considering I only paid $10 to start with that's not so horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?

Space Racist posted:

So, is there any purpose to keeping GT5 Prologue once this comes out? I wasn't originally planning on picking this up so soon and snagged a copy of GT5P on Amazon for $10 a month ago, but unless there's something I'm missing I don't see myself popping back into Prologue once 6 is out.

Granted, I doubt Gamestop would give me more than a dollar or two for it, but considering I only paid $10 to start with that's not so horrible.

I don't know why you'd be playing Prologue to begin with when the real GT5 is out.

• Locked thread