Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I've been trying to barrel through as much of the back catalog as possible - just got through the Sandstorm :stare:

I love this podcast oh so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Hey does listening to this show make anyone else go :mrgw:? I mean I've can't really describe the excitement and interest this raises in me beyond that. I almost become maniacal as the world of Night Vale washes over me and well I just can't stop grinning. Sometimes I wonder what has started to come over me. Looking at :mrgw: well I struggle to see any difference between it and me.

Maybe objective eyes can help. Here is a recent picture of me. Am I just imagining things?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

AllanGordon posted:

Hey does listening to this show make anyone else go :mrgw:? I mean I've can't really describe the excitement and interest this raises in me beyond that. I almost become maniacal as the world of Night Vale washes over me and well I just can't stop grinning. Sometimes I wonder what has started to come over me. Looking at :mrgw: well I struggle to see any difference between it and me.

Maybe objective eyes can help. Here is a recent picture of me. Am I just imagining things?

Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to sleep.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Do people in the southwest even have mowable lawns? I don't know anything about the southwest.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Do people in the southwest even have mowable lawns? I don't know anything about the southwest.

Sometimes-- it's really expensive to keep up, though. But this is Night Vale, so maybe it's a status symbol to have a xeriscaped lawn instead.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
Thanks thread, A Story About You and Poetry Week were the ticket. I was a little hesitant on A Story About You at first because it's so different from the regular show, but it is just that good too.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I sold my wife on the show with "Feral Dogs." Libertarian Dog Street Artists did it.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I doubt it is a normal lawn considering how it was humming with Carlos

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I haven't noticed much crossover between here and the Trad Games/Mafia community on SomethingAwful but I'm going to be running a Welcome to Night Vale flavored play by post Mafia (AKA Werewolf) game there soon. If this holds any appeal for you, send me a PM to pre-sign up.

EDIT: I finished the role PMs earlier than I expected Sign-up here -- I will give priority to fans from this thread.

KhyrosFinalCut fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Nov 19, 2013

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Great episode; loved the weather - actually turned my stereo up when it came on.

Come on, though: Tamika was created to have just another cosplay/fan-art character. Admit it!

(I'm totally kidding, keep up the awesome work)

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
Hi, here's this.

http://commonplacebooks.com/live-events#/westcoastjan13/

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yesss, finally! I have been waiting for a Seattle show. Thank you guys for finally planning a trip over!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Would you / could you ever do live shows in Canada?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Would you / could you ever do live shows in Canada?

Seconding the interest. Both Canuck and I live in the same city (Ottawa - on the East Coast), but I'm sure if you do a Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal trip you'd find it worth your time.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
Thirding - I'm in Toronto and I know plenty of fans here.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

By the way, we have some really exciting guests lined up for the LA shows, with different guests each night. Also probably a different weather artist each night in LA.

BobMcFartsens
Dec 31, 2005

Sitting on a park bench

I absolutely cannot wait for the Seattle show. Gonna grab my tickets the second they go on sale.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
I hope you have your credit card number memorized, because you're gonna have to enter it fast!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

dj_clawson posted:

I hope you have your credit card number memorized, because you're gonna have to enter it fast!

Alternately, if you ask Maxnmona super nicely, maybe he'll be able to tell you whether they'll be using Brownpapertickets (as seems to be the case for the other west coast dates atm), or Ticketfly (Which is where my Bell House tickets were through), or some other storefront and register for an account and save your CC# to it ahead of time. Then you just need to remember your CCV number.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Portland, SF, and Las Vegas are being ticketed by us through BPT.

The rest are being sold through the venues, using whatever ticketing system they use.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

Dark Grapefruit posted:

Thirding - I'm in Toronto and I know plenty of fans here.

Toronto fan here as well.

I'd camp out for tickets.
...if it wasn't Winter. :(

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I would kill someone in front of their own mother if it meant getting a Kansas City show.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Wandering around Birmingham Comicon today there was someone with a lit up sign saying "ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD"

It's great that the fandom is in the sunny UK too

Haven
Dec 28, 2005

They might just as well've been closed.
Can we (please please please) get at least a tiny hint at when Phoenix tickets will go on sale?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Probably December 5 but it's not confirmed yet. The venue is doing the ticketing and is taking longer to set it up than the others.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I would kill someone in front of their own mother if it meant getting a Kansas City show.

I would also like a Kansas City show but maybe not quite that much.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Kansas City goons unite! Count me as a third, plus however many people my friend has in her Facebook group while she tries to find a venue.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
KC Night Vale facebook group? Link please, I searched but could not find it.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Since Facebook uses real names, I'm going to err on the safe side and send you a link via PMs. Don't want the Sheriff's Secret Moderators to get concerned.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 25, 2013

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Tickets go on sale in a few minutes: http://commonplacebooks.com/live-events#/westcoastjan13/

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

Got my tickets as an early birthday present, I am really looking forward to this show!

BobMcFartsens
Dec 31, 2005

Sitting on a park bench

Just went down to the Neptune to get my tickets for the Seattle show! I am so stoked for this.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

San Francisco is sold out (although not all tickets are finalized and occasionally people's carts time out and a couple seats open up. So check back occasionally).

Portland and Seattle are both very close to selling out.

I don't have much info on the other ones.

snail goat
Dec 12, 2006

you shouldnt doubt yourself
you know more about goats than you give yourself credit for
God drat it, I got caught up with school stuff and completely forgot to get tickets. Booooooooooo.

If anyone in Seattle ends up having a spare, I'm here. And I'm not a weirdo. Probably.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Portland is sold out, must have been the excellent show description!

event description posted:

Also you are (presumably) alive and are (presumably) not covered in spiders. That's another feature of this show. You will not intentionally get covered in spiders.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

drat it all, this is what happens when I don't check the thread for a while. I miss out on tickets for the Portland show.

And I'm covered in wheat and wheat by-products spiders. This is terrible!

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

I've been listening for awhile since a friend referred me, and I just now realized this had ties to SA.

I also just realized you're doing a tour. And now I see it's sold out in Portland and Seattle. This is truly a nightmarish scenario.

Would it kill you in too many awful ways to add some dates?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

We are now selling Night Vale and Desert Bluffs posters. We are also selling the remaining stock of Deer and Existence shirts until they sell out http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TO&Category_Code=CPB

Second shows likely in Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco. More news on that on Monday. Vegas, San Diego, and the first two LA nights still have tickets: http://commonplacebooks.com/live-events#/westcoastjan13/

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

maxnmona posted:

We are now selling Night Vale and Desert Bluffs posters. We are also selling the remaining stock of Deer and Existence shirts until they sell out http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TO&Category_Code=CPB

Second shows likely in Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco. More news on that on Monday. Vegas, San Diego, and the first two LA nights still have tickets: http://commonplacebooks.com/live-events#/westcoastjan13/

Sad that I still couldn't grab a Existence shirt in my size, but blah blah blah that's my own fault. Getting some posters though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
You lucky bastards over the pond. I guess the show will never come to Europe. :(