Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
For anyone who has been on the fence about getting XCom due to the price, it is currently :10bux:. Here's a link for lazy shits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

topiKal posted:

For anyone who has been on the fence about getting XCom due to the price, it is currently :10bux:. Here's a link for lazy shits.

Anyone know if the game runs well on an iPad 2?

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
Skulls of the Shogun (used to be a Windows 8 exclusive) is out for iOS now. Got rave reviews from Rock Paper Shotgun and other places.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Orvin posted:

Anyone know if the game runs well on an iPad 2?

It does, a bit slow on the intro but it ran perfectly on mine.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Battle of the Bulge is half price right now, at $5, and as that game will never go free you should buy it now as it's probably the best deal you'll ever be able to get on it.

FlashBangBob
Jul 5, 2007

BLAM! Internet Found!
I gave Galaxy on Fire: Alliances a try yesterday, gave it solid hours. The problem with the game, in my opinion, is that attacking other players is the least involved and least fun thing about the game. The game is essentially a large scale multiplayer Risk game.

I got my carrier loaded with fighters (for the space battle) and troops (for the ground battle) and sent my carrier to attack a planet. It took the carrier 11 minutes to reach the planet. I was so excited to see what was going to happen once it got there, I went to see they info about the ship only to see that it is now in another 15 minutes timer, actually attacking. Now 26 minutes later, I want to battle or do something with my ships, and I simply get a battle report: You won!

You had: 15 fighters vs his 0, and 10 troops vs his 0. You won. The planet is now yours. Now I get to do the exact same thing I've done on the other 5 planets, build structures, watch timers.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Holy poo poo that looks great!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Never heard of this. Why can't it be $5 for my Surface?!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Gotta pay the Microsoft Tax :sterv:

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

FlashBangBob posted:

I gave Galaxy on Fire: Alliances a try yesterday, gave it solid hours. The problem with the game, in my opinion, is that attacking other players is the least involved and least fun thing about the game. The game is essentially a large scale multiplayer Risk game.

I got my carrier loaded with fighters (for the space battle) and troops (for the ground battle) and sent my carrier to attack a planet. It took the carrier 11 minutes to reach the planet. I was so excited to see what was going to happen once it got there, I went to see they info about the ship only to see that it is now in another 15 minutes timer, actually attacking. Now 26 minutes later, I want to battle or do something with my ships, and I simply get a battle report: You won!

You had: 15 fighters vs his 0, and 10 troops vs his 0. You won. The planet is now yours. Now I get to do the exact same thing I've done on the other 5 planets, build structures, watch timers.

I am really sorry you had to find out this was this game :(

Good ol' tick based space games.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Are either Xcom or Battle of the Bulge worth playing on an iPhone, or should I wait until I have an iPad?

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

TheManWithNoName posted:

Are either Xcom or Battle of the Bulge worth playing on an iPhone, or should I wait until I have an iPad?

I'd say yes to Battle of the Bulge because they totally redesigned the UI for iPhone and I think it's pretty slick. XCOM maybe less so.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

GreenNight posted:

Never heard of this. Why can't it be $5 for my Surface?!
There's a version for Surface, but it's ten bucks and missing a bunch of post-release content because Microsoft did their absolute damnedest to alienate the developers when it was a Windows 8/Winpho exclusive.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah, I checked it out on their store as soon as I saw the deal here. I've been bringing my Surface every where instead of my iPad but it looks like the iPad has the definitive version. For shame, MS.

Gonna grab it on IOS.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Chainsaw Warrior dropped in price. Even though I knew it was going to be poo poo, I bought it for a quick nostalgia tour of my younger days when I owned that boardgame. This game is possibly the worst $3 I have ever spent on the App Store since it opened five years ago.

Don't be me. Don't think it's worth taking a look for old times. It's not. It's really not. This app is worse than being wrapped in barbed wire and raped by Hitler.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Parkingtigers posted:

Chainsaw Warrior dropped in price. Even though I knew it was going to be poo poo, I bought it for a quick nostalgia tour of my younger days when I owned that boardgame. This game is possibly the worst $3 I have ever spent on the App Store since it opened five years ago.

Don't be me. Don't think it's worth taking a look for old times. It's not. It's really not. This app is worse than being wrapped in barbed wire and raped by Hitler.

While I don't really dig jokes about rape, I totally thought you said "wrapped in barbed wire and rapped by Hitler".

Because Hitler can spit.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Wow. Could not have been more disappointed with The Shivah.
Even at twice the length I'd have felt like it was way too short. As it stands it feels like a demo or something.
Honestly, it reminded me of the feature version of the Twin Peaks pilot where they had all this elaborate set up to a mystery and then just rush concluded the whole thing with a ridiculous ending that felt so forced that I was just left wondering what the hell I just watched/played.

Did I miss something or is it seriously supposed to end so abruptly?
Talk about jarring...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheManWithNoName posted:

X-Com is playable in the sense that it's all there but I wouldn't recommend it. Buy it then buy an iPad.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

There's one spot left in the Goon-run iOS Carcassonne tournament!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Finished a couple of games recently. Ridiculous Fishing left me incredibly underwhelmed, I thought it was actually going somewhere with the narrative but no, it really was just another crappy tilting game with an interesting art style.

Devil's Attorney though, delightful right to the end. Already replaying it to see another ending. Wonderful presentation. Looked up a couple of the names in the credits and it explains why the voice acting is so good, they actually spent money on real talent. Max and Susan Maple were the voice actors of Francis and Zoe in the Left 4 Dead games. She's also Cortana, and Princess Peach. Seems almost surreal that a little iOS game has the same VA used by Valve and Nintendo, but when presentation is such a big part of a game like this then it's money well spent.

E: You can also download the theme song from their website: http://www.1337gamedesign.com/devil/

Was also thinking about picking up Skulls of the Shogun, then I see this picture in the App Store description:

Geisha cleavage? Seriously? This is how you advertise your turn based strategy game? Ugh, I find that grossly off putting.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Nov 28, 2013

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Haha yeah, I was watching the trailer which is full of skeleton dudes in samurai armour doing various undead things, then suddenly a girl in a booby kimono in a very not-hellish garden winks suggestively at the camera, then BACK to the undead samurai dudes.

Was like, huh.

Kristneder
Jul 21, 2006

:siren:This is my first post.:siren:
:siren: Testers wanted! :siren:
I hope it's okay to post this here

In the near future, we are going to need some beta testers for our upcomming app Block Amok.

In-game gif from an early build.

If this caught your interest, and you have an iPhone 4S (or newer) or an iPad 2/Mini (or newer), we would love to hear from you! The game will not run on older devices unfortunately.

Send us an e-mail at beta@allcapsgames.com or PM here on SA. We will be using TestFlight to share the builds - so it should be fairly straightforward to get the app running.

Kristneder fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Nov 28, 2013

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Corridor posted:

Haha yeah, I was watching the trailer which is full of skeleton dudes in samurai armour doing various undead things, then suddenly a girl in a booby kimono in a very not-hellish garden winks suggestively at the camera, then BACK to the undead samurai dudes.

Was like, huh.

No, see, the amount of cleavage shown represents AP and the size of breasts represents MP. That's not promo-screen, that's in-game.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

Kristneder posted:

:siren: Testers wanted! :siren:
I hope it's okay to post this here

In the near future, we are going to need some beta testers for our upcomming app Block Amok.

If this caught your interest, and you have an iPhone 4S (or newer) or an iPad 2/Mini (or newer), we would love to hear from you! The game will not run on older devices unfortunately.

Send us an e-mail at beta@allcapsgames.com or PM here on SA. We will be using TestFlight to share the builds - so it should be fairly straightforward to get the app running.

Whoa ok. People post about and recommend some steaming iOS turds in here, but I have to say that gif looks pretty loving cool.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

My buddy got me into Clash of Clans and its a nice distraction and you can get by without IAP. Was wondering if there was a goon clan still about or has everyone moved on already? Thanks!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Kristneder posted:

Needs more starfish.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
papa sangre ii is on sale agsin, is it playable without ever having touched the first one?

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Rita Repulsa posted:

papa sangre ii is on sale agsin, is it playable without ever having touched the first one?

I have it but not 1 and it certainly seems to be a fresh start rather than continuation.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

TraderStav posted:

My buddy got me into Clash of Clans and its a nice distraction and you can get by without IAP. Was wondering if there was a goon clan still about or has everyone moved on already? Thanks!

Here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3573117&pagenumber=1

Though you might need to wait for a space.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Oh snap, I was searching for a thread too and somehow missed it. Thanks!

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

How does Bastion play on the iPhone? I've wanted to play through it but don't have an iPad.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Buy Papa Sangre 2. It requires no knowledge of the first game, and they finally did the most intuitive thing possible by making the game controllable with the gyroscope. So instead of spinning a wheel on screen you have the option of physically turning.

I'm not sure if its improvements they've made to their engine or that extra bit of immersiveness, but PS2 feels much better than the first one or The Nightjar. I'm rarely feeling frustrated about my deaths this time around.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
The original Dragon Quest is FREE on iOS for the first million downloaders!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
So is this just in Japanese? I can't even find a download link that article is worthless.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I tried searching the App Store and it doesn't seem to come up even in Japanese. Is this only available on the Japanese App Store? According to the article it's been available for over 24 hours now.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Yes, you'll need a Japanese iTunes account to get it.

Yeah, about that.

Those are Android screens but it's probably not any better.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Turns out you do need to get it from the Japanese App Store. It's still free though.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Nickoten posted:

I tried searching the App Store and it doesn't seem to come up even in Japanese. Is this only available on the Japanese App Store? According to the article it's been available for over 24 hours now.

It looks like the link to the store was recently added.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

$50 iTunes Giftcards for $40 on eBay. It does NOT appear to be digital delivery, rather a physical card mailed to you. Might be a GREAT deal for us looking to gift these cards and not just shopping for our greedy selves.

Yes free shipping.

http://bit.ly/1aYRjvZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Good lord, did something break in Tiny Death Star? I just got a bux for fully stocking a floor. Thought they'd stamped that out entirely.

• Locked thread