Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Psyker posted:

My eyes might be bleeding here, but are there no Black Friday Wii U deals happening? I see awesome DS deals, but I'd love to jump on Nintendo's sinking ship (this is a joke) at a discount.

They only recently cut the price and introduced new bundles, they probably won't get much more of a discount in the short term. You're more likely to find bundles with extra/cheap games thrown in rather than cheaper hardware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is Ninja Gaiden 3: <subtitle> good? Saw it on clearance for like 17 dollars.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's a good version of an otherwise bad game. Take that as you will.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

No. It's not even worth the time you spend on it.

They added all sorts of features but the visuals are muddy and the FPS is inconsistent. It is also just a really mediocre game.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Do you need those Wii Classic Controllers to play N64 and Gamecube games on the Wii U?

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Castor Poe posted:

Do you need those Wii Classic Controllers to play N64 and Gamecube games on the Wii U?

On the Wii U side, we don't even have them. On the virtual Wii side, yes. You need the ones that plug into the wiimotes. The Wii U controllers currently don't work for the vWii mode.

edit: Also, vWii doesn't have Gamecube games, legally.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So yesterday I got my five shiny stars in NSMBU. Overall it was a good Mario game but not an amazing one. I had fun but already I'm having trouble remembering anything that stood out all that much. It's better than either of the portable NSMB titles but I think I liked NSMBW better and even that paled compared to the Galaxy games. At least I can now get to 3D World, though I think I'm gonna go an beat Puppeteer on my PS3 before I get into that.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Rayman Legends is $25 on Amazon right now, and I'm super tempted to grab it at that price.

dalaamprince
Jul 16, 2008
Well that saved me a Gamestop Black Friday trip tonight. :respek:

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

So for the uninformed and want some sweet Wii games, Both Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy are going for $40 at Gamestop. You can even buy it online too! And thanks to a neogaf post, you can use the CAG16 code for 16% off and SAVER for free shipping. Ended up paying $36.36 overall.

No idea how many copies they'll have left.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Is NSMB Wii or NSMBU better?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Austrian mook posted:

I liked NSMBW better I think. It's been a while since I played it though but having just beaten NSMBU, I remember having a time with NSMBW. They're both good though.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Austrian mook posted:

It's debatable, honestly. I'd go with NSMBU myself, but both are fine platformers. Way, way better than the handheld entries.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
drat, I've never seen that for less than 90€ at Amazon here in Germany :eng99:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

GameboyHero posted:

So for the uninformed and want some sweet Wii games, Both Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy are going for $40 at Gamestop. You can even buy it online too! And thanks to a neogaf post, you can use the CAG16 code for 16% off and SAVER for free shipping. Ended up paying $36.36 overall.

I really want a North American copy of Xenoblade instead of my PAL one :negative:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

GameboyHero posted:

This just made Christmas shopping easier, thanks.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I really want a North American copy of Xenoblade instead of my PAL one :negative:

So did I, but I just amended that.
Thanks for the scoop, GaeboyHero.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Calaveron posted:

So did I, but I just amended that.
Thanks for the scoop, GaeboyHero.

I doubt they'll have it at EBGames in Canada. Arg.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I doubt they'll have it at EBGames in Canada. Arg.

You might want to just try using store locator to find it at EB Games. I got mine last year before the Wii U came out for $50 new through it, of course I had to drive like 30km to pick it up but still.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

GameboyHero posted:

That CAG code cancels out the free shipping and you wind up paying the same price because they charge you handling.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Gandalf21 posted:

Rayman Legends is $25 on Amazon right now, and I'm super tempted to grab it at that price.

Meanwhile the UK version of Amazon has the price still at £30, but, GAME has it at £20, so if anyone needs one thats where to look.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Policenaut posted:

You might want to just try using store locator to find it at EB Games. I got mine last year before the Wii U came out for $50 new through it, of course I had to drive like 30km to pick it up but still.

There's a used games store that has a copy but it's overpriced. If at some point I really really want it I can just pick it up there.

Then again, I kinda like having my Wii set up in my room just for Xenoblade and my Wii U set up in the living room for everything else.

When I beat Xenoblade I'm never going to touch it again. Too long. Too much work. But still satisfying.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

That CAG code cancels out the free shipping and you wind up paying the same price because they charge you handling.
I was able to use both codes no problem, though I dunno what happens if you try to get both games. I just bought Xenoblade since I already had MPT.

EDIT:

GameboyHero fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 28, 2013

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

The Taint Reaper posted:

code:
16% off all in-stock used games & dvds. Online only. Other restrictions may apply. 		-$6.40
Subtotal: 		$33.59
Estimated Tax: 		$2.77
Handling: 		$0.00
Total: 		$36.36
:confused:

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Both worked for me, who knows~

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Calaveron posted:

code:
16% off all in-stock used games & dvds. Online only. Other restrictions may apply. 		-$6.40
Subtotal: 		$33.59
Estimated Tax: 		$2.77
Handling: 		$0.00
Total: 		$36.36
:confused:

It doesn't give me the option of free shipping. No matter what I do, Value Shipping is still at $3.50. The only way value appears as 0.00 is if I don't use the CAG code.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 28, 2013

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
So the NBC commentators explicitly mentioned Sonic Lost World, by name, when the Sonic balloon was out during the Thanksgiving parade. They mentioned "The deadly six," the fact that it was the newest Sonic game, but no mention of what platform it was on.:japan: Nintendo should've gotten ON that, man. :eng99:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Austrian mook posted:

Both are fine. Personally, I found the level design and boss fights in NSMBU better, plus you can get that New Super Luigi U DLC for lots of funhaving frustration. Then again, I'm one of those Internet Heretics that dares enjoy a 2D platformer over a 3D platformer so whatever!

If you find both and they're the same price, I say get U instead of Wii. If you can find Wii for cheap, go for it.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 28, 2013

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I had a pretty good haul today. Picked up Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin and Rayman legends for $120

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 29, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, NSMBU/Luigi U hardware bundle for $250:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/mario-luigi-wii-u-deluxe-set-online-only/6000142774176

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Wrong thread sorry.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

UK menz: http://www.play.com/stores/ShopTo/listing/884882390

£200, usually ~£250. I know Amazon are having a lightning sale on the bundle-less premium 32gb tomorrow, but I dunno what the price will be.

jdfording
Nov 10, 2006
I don't see why Nintendo takes so long to put games on the e-shop. They could make a fortune and sell some Wii U's if they would just dump everything they can on the e-shop from all their old systems.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

I'm having to stop myself from just binge playing 3D World and finishing it in an evening. This game is magical.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Just don't go out of your way for the stars so you have a reason to replay.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

jdfording posted:

I don't see why Nintendo takes so long to put games on the e-shop. They could make a fortune and sell some Wii U's if they would just dump everything they can on the e-shop from all their old systems.

A really good point. Not necessarily "dump" everything on the eshop, but at least dedicate a team to the task of porting them over and aiming to release an NES, SNES, Gamecube, and Wii title onto the eshop monthly.

And reaching out to old third party relationships, like Square-Enix and such.

George Lazenby
Jan 12, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

Both are fine. Personally, I found the level design and boss fights in NSMBU better, plus you can get that New Super Luigi U DLC for lots of funhaving frustration. Then again, I'm one of those Internet Heretics that dares enjoy a 2D platformer over a 3D platformer so whatever!

If you find both and they're the same price, I say get U instead of Wii. If you can find Wii for cheap, go for it.

NSMBU also has a challenge mode with a massive amount of really fun (and really hard) little self-contained challenges involving time trials/coin collecting/hazard dodging etc. I think that at least puts it over NSMBW.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I may or may not have removed myself from the Wii Fit community on accident. Clicked the favorite button in Miiverse, then clicked again and it just gave an error :doh:. Just in case, anyone happen to have the community number handy? (maybe put it in the OP too for that matter)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Speaking of the SA Wii Fit community, don't worry everyone, I haven't actually been exercising. I just put the fit meter on my parents dog while they are visiting to see how much she walks around the house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.

japtor posted:

I may or may not have removed myself from the Wii Fit community on accident. Clicked the favorite button in Miiverse, then clicked again and it just gave an error :doh:. Just in case, anyone happen to have the community number handy? (maybe put it in the OP too for that matter)

I went back and found them a couple of days ago when my Fit meter arrived and took a photo, I'll just copy them out..

EU Gym: Shut up dad, minigames ARE exercise!
ID: 4694-1383-4186

NA Gym: Full of judgement and cheeto dust.
ID: 1786-3632-8641

• Locked thread