Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

St Evan Echoes posted:

Croatia are now completely useless for work permits. 8 years, continuous not accumulated, so once their loan ends it gets reset

Wow, that's gotta be the worst country in the game now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroud
May 11, 2009
New patch everyone, don't forget to delete your lnc files after updating:

code:
====

STABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- Fixed rare crash/freeze during processing
- Fixed rare crash when using edited data
- Fixed rare crash in backroom advice
- Fixed rare freeze when processing

COMPETITIONS
- Prevented teams from entering both Champion & EURO Cups
- Allowed overage players to feature in Swedish Reserve league* (You will need to start a new game for this fix to be in your game)

CONFIDENCE
- Fixed user being sacked for not dropping a player they already sold

PROGRESSION
- Adjusted Free Kick attribute progression

TRANSFERS & CONTRACTS
- Lower league players now more willing to negotiate contract renewals

EDITOR
- Prevented IGE use in network game
- Fixed free agents being unable to transfer in IGE
- User can now activate Italian Serie D

MATCH ENGINE v1433
- Some important improvements to the engagement of the ball player with reduced slide tackle count
- Fixed under hit near post corners that caused too many easy chances
- Fixed the worst examples of wild off target shots and passes
- Reduced long shots
- Fixed bug causing some deflections/blocks to be potentially missed
- Reduced directional change on regular player collision avoidance
- Fixed metrification bug causing full back to run to centre of pitch when overlapping
- Fixed bug where keeper storms out too fast when narrowing angle and risks overshooting target point
- Increased fouls at lower levels
- Pushed d-lines ups a bit when ball not in attacking third
- Fixed some headers being directed higher than intended
- Fixed keepers not reaching some obvious balls above their head
- Fixed some instances of players not closing down ball player including at short corner
- Fixed some instances of players not making no-brainer tackle attempt
- Tweaked default cross aim point slightly
- Some further tweaks to kick/header inaccuracy
- Improved player blocking of shots and crosses
- Fixed some minor bugs in ball deflection code
- Some general improvements to engagement of ball player
- Reduced instances of tackles leading to corners
- Some more tackles made in danger situations
- Improved detection of CCC's when player behind defence
- Slightly more opportunistic shots taken especially when chasing a goal
- Small tweaks to some shot velocities
- Minor tweak to pass AI reducing any risky short ones under no pressure
- Full backs come a bit deeper to offer keeper pass in 4 man defences when long kicks not instructed
- Reduced instances of keeper handballs outside area
- Fixed red cards being displayed for these handballs outside area
- Stopped players running through nets
- Fix for some issues with high d-lines not positioning correctly
- Fix for some issues with clearing header direction
- Reduced instances of clearance kicks in unrealistic areas
- Fix for keepers not saving some shots dipping and hitting woodwork
- Fix for players not leaving obvious ball for keeper
- Made keepers make use of their area better after catching ball
- Reduced some long shots in deeper central areas
- Fixed some examples of Clear Cut and Half Chances being missed
- Tuned player match ratings

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
The improvements to lower league contracts and match engine kind of make me regret getting so invested in my current game.

Then again, trying to get promoted whilst losing your star players every season or two is certainly a challenge.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Which one of those would translate to "full backs are no longer pants on head retarded"?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I've not had any problems with fullbacks in this game so far, despite everyone saying they're the worst. Plus, don't the match engine updates normally work with old save games?

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Ninpo posted:

Which one of those would translate to "full backs are no longer pants on head retarded"?

I am assuming a combination of:

- Fixed some instances of players not closing down ball player including at short corner
- Fixed some instances of players not making no-brainer tackle attempt
- Improved player blocking of shots and crosses
- Some general improvements to engagement of ball player
- Some more tackles made in danger situations
- Fix for some issues with high d-lines not positioning correctly

NinjaSteve posted:

I've not had any problems with fullbacks in this game so far, despite everyone saying they're the worst. Plus, don't the match engine updates normally work with old save games?

They are, yes. I was more complaining about wasting a bunch of seasons in a current save.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

quote:

Fixed under hit near post corners that caused too many easy chances
lmao - instead of making defences able to handle near post corners, we just stopped near post corners.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Shroud posted:

code:
- Reduced long shots

This idea should be repeated in every single patch ever.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Any word on the PS Vita version of FM Classic or has SI just quietly forgotten about that one?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

St Evan Echoes posted:

lmao - instead of making defences able to handle near post corners, we just stopped near post corners.

It's ok because surely now if you aim a corner far post it'll go in every single time.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

UZworm posted:

This idea should be repeated in every single patch ever.

I hate long shots IRL too.

Isosceles
Oct 31, 2004
The triangle philosopher

quote:

- Slightly more opportunistic shots taken especially when chasing a goal

But does this mean more long shots when you're down a goal?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Isosceles posted:

But does this mean more long shots when you're down a goal?

Yes. And by chasing a goal they mean that the aim of football is to score a goal, and every team is always chasing that dream.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

quote:

- Fixed user being sacked for not dropping a player they already sold

lmfao

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Just had a great game against Osasuna as Athletic in FM13 due to some questionable AI. They had a man sent off early on and switched to a crazy 5-0-4 (3 DC, WBs, AML/R and 2 ST) formation, so I used the "exploit the middle" shout and dominated hilariously. Scored 4 goals in about half an hour before they switched it up and regained some kind of solidity.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
What's the word on the patch? Is the game playable again?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bea Nanner posted:

I don't know if this a new thing by the patch but I just noticed West Ham sold Winston Reid, their best defender, for 40k a couple of weeks after he signed a new contract.

e: They also sold Razvan Rat for 60k. Their financial status is Secure so I doubt they're having a fire sale

BigStu
Apr 16, 2011
Hey guys, how long after you have built a new stadium can you upgrade it? I was selling out my stadium the first day we moved in and it has been five years since that. Stadium opened in November after a few setbacks.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

St Evan Echoes posted:

I don't know if this a new thing by the patch but I just noticed West Ham sold Winston Reid, their best defender, for 40k a couple of weeks after he signed a new contract.

e: They also sold Razvan Rat for 60k. Their financial status is Secure so I doubt they're having a fire sale

Haha wow, entirely breaking the transfer system is pretty bad even for SI. Big Winny somehow is valued at 20 million in my game, despite not even being a starting player.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Bea Nanner posted:

Similar question for me:
What's the word on the patch? Worth purchasing?
I'm still playing FM12 and I feel like I should eventually upgrade.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Tzen posted:

Similar question for me:
What's the word on the patch? Worth purchasing?
I'm still playing FM12 and I feel like I should eventually upgrade.

It's always been playable, there were a few problems with the match engine which I suppose you tend to notice more when the goals go against you, rather than when it works in your favour.

The match engine as of the patch seems better, defending certainly seems more effective.

There are apparently still some more issues they are aware of that missed the cut-off for the changes in this patch (which was apparently 2 weeks ago).

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Have they fixed strikers missing a million one-on-ones every game yet?

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

NinjaSteve posted:

Have they fixed strikers missing a million one-on-ones every game yet?

I think this was a case of the defending not working right so they toned down finishing.

Since the defending seems to be better, I haven't seen anywhere near the same amount of 1v1s in the fist place.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Well yeah, but do they now get scored? I'm sick of my strikers getting 5.5 ratings for missing 6 clear cut chances, when they should be getting 2 and scoring 1.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

NinjaSteve posted:

Well yeah, but do they now get scored? I'm sick of my strikers getting 5.5 ratings for missing 6 clear cut chances, when they should be getting 2 and scoring 1.

Make your tactics create less chances

gently caress it, give up possession, too

I guarantee you'll win more

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Only SI could make a game you're rewarded for being bad at.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Well my record of losing the first game of the season continues but the problem with the engine seem to have gone. On wards to a new real game where I perfect my 352

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Oh neat, they fixed the match engine? Let me just play a game and see what's diff-

:staredog:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

4 4 2 attacking will boss teams better than you, 4 4 2 control with defensive-minded cms will do well against teams similar or worse than you. I've had a lot of success with Rennais using this tactic.

Wingers who have "runs with ball often" will destroy other teams, because full backs are retarded in this game. Romain Alessandrini has been one of the best players in the league for me, despite mediocre stats.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Popehoist posted:

Oh neat, they fixed the match engine? Let me just play a game and see what's diff-

:staredog:

Holy crap... Tom Eaves is playing for Bolton? They'd better patch that out, completely ruining my immersion!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

St Evan Echoes posted:

4 4 2 attacking will boss teams better than you, 4 4 2 control with defensive-minded cms will do well against teams similar or worse than you. I've had a lot of success with Rennais using this tactic.

Wingers who have "runs with ball often" will destroy other teams, because full backs are retarded in this game. Romain Alessandrini has been one of the best players in the league for me, despite mediocre stats.

Knocks ball past opponent is amazing on an inside forward

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
Lol the new updates have actually made my tactics worse, and my Assman is still content that the players are doing fine despite being 3-0 down

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
What are the job interviews like? Seems a ridiculous thing to add..

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

CareyB posted:

What are the job interviews like? Seems a ridiculous thing to add..

They're pretty simplistic, they give you options to discuss the style of play you or the board want to play.

Make board requests before taking the job, that kind of thing.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

No still loving broken (I suck but blame the game), can't fathom team talks apart from getting angry when losing, praise when winning, oh and training, how does that work!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

notaspy posted:

No still loving broken (I suck but blame the game), can't fathom team talks apart from getting angry when losing, praise when winning, oh and training, how does that work!

Medium, balanced, whatever, focus on attacking set plays before every game

Train your best throw in taker to have a bullet throw, set throw ins to short

It's great

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Mandalay posted:

I hate long shots IRL too.

There is quite literally nothing worse than seeing one of your regulars has the "Takes long-range shots" PPM, because that means he'll crank out about about ten of them every loving game.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I finally bit the bullet and had a play. So far so good actually. I'm using a 4-1-3-1-1 system, with full backs set as wing backs. I started as United as I tend to do with my first play through a manager game.

I find it a touch odd that no matter where I put Antonio Valencia, he barely scrapes 2 stars (2 star right midfielder/winger etc), but tends to play really really well anyway. Like, I'm not suffering for goals from either flank, AMC or lone striker.

Wing backs seem to play pretty well too, I've got them marking the posts on corners, with my DM closing down short corners, otherwise they're on automatic. They support the attack just fine.

It is still amusing that a 0-0 away at the Britannia is a DISGRACEFUL RESULT still.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Two stars at United is still better than most Premier League players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Is the transfer system still hosed?

• Locked thread