Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

It still blows my mind how they can gently caress up Mario games but totally breeze through the Silent Hill series.

Did we watch the same SH2 LP? :psyduck:
They're horribly inefficient, but I like people who tell stories about their towns, stuff from older games and feels. While checking the same locked door for the 6th time. It's kind of relaxing, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009
Great work on the LP, guys.

Also, do what Keith says and watch Adventure Time.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
e: man how'd I miss that? Must've been the "stuff checker" gif.

ChairMaster fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 30, 2013

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Actually someone posted it two pages ago!

I own a Complete Works of Shakespeare book. I've never bothered to play Silent Hill 3 on hard difficulty but I think if I did it would turn itself around on the shelf and just stare at me.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

Episode 05: Whack-a-Worm
More like shopping MAUL, right? ...RIGHT?!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
8 hours till Securing Supply Chain exam. What do you do?

>watch SH3 Lp

Speaking of flashlights, MX-991/U was a standard issue flashlight of the US army at some point.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 1, 2013

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Japan has legit high suicide areas, it's not that weird of a thing to come up. They've got kinda a different relationship with suicide than we do.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

It's funny you mention a designated jerky button. You notice how your healing supplies and other such stuff has an equip option? They go into a slot that's assigned to either L3 or R3, for the express purpose of not having to go into the menu all the time.

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat

ChairMaster posted:

Japan has legit high suicide areas, it's not that weird of a thing to come up. They've got kinda a different relationship with suicide than we do.

When I was in Southampton, I lived near a high suicide bridge. It even has an intercom straight to the Samaritans because it's such a problem. Most people just threatened/considered jumping, but a lot went through with it. Whenever news or conversation about a suicide off that bridge came up, I would always wonder if they were talking about one I'd already known about or if there had been another one since then.

Eulisker
Sep 2, 2011

This is not available in germany because of some music rights. Is there any way i can get around it and download it?

Blenheim
Sep 22, 2010
The episode ended just as I had hoped. That latest "gently caress you" from the game got me, too - more than once. (More than *twice*, actually.)

From what I've read, the subway is termed a relatively weak level for the reasons complained about - it's a huge space with too much wandering around in pursuit of an objective. OK, that sounds like a lot of Silent Hill, but the space-to-doing-stuff ratio is considerably off until the later portions of the stage.

Also: Douglas is seriously the most infantilely helpless character in the entire series, and considering the presence of James Sunderland, Angela Orosco, and Harry Mason, that's saying something.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

liquidypoo posted:

It's funny you mention a designated jerky button. You notice how your healing supplies and other such stuff has an equip option? They go into a slot that's assigned to either L3 or R3, for the express purpose of not having to go into the menu all the time.

Holy poo poo I've played this game at least ten times and I still have never heard of this.

BearJazz
Oct 28, 2007

I love being the goddamn BATMAN.
They actually DO make angled flashlights. They're super useful in blackouts because you can just clip them to your belt. Either way, it's apparently an armed forces thing. This is the one that I have.

IHaveATinyWilly
Nov 21, 2013
I am so glad you guys ended that video the way you did; purely because that is exactly what i did my first run through. I do think Silent Hill 3 takes the biscuit in making you miss something ridiculously small so much so you feel like the only resort is to jump on the train track to get round a gate. Then again the brilliant thing about the game is that once you complete it you look back and realise how stupid you actually were in each situation, and how simple the game is.

At least that's how i found it anyway. Keep up the good work K&K, loving it.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Kaufman died at the end of the first game, Lisa came back to take her revenge, remember? Another person who died is Douglas's voice actor, before the game was even released :smith:

You guys should watch Silent Hill Revelations when you finish this game, it is not a good movie but it's based on this. I liked it better than the first one at least. The girl playing Heather is pretty good and it has Malcolm McDowell chewing the scenery for a while.

Supersonic Buddha
Sep 6, 2010

Inertia is a property of matter.

eating only apples posted:

it is not a good movie but it's based on this.

That's a big understatement. Definitely watch it, it's so laughably bad. Video is out of the question but you could do a commentary track?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would absolutely watch/listen to a Run Button Rifftrax of Revelation 3D because it is just so abhorrently bad it's hilarious.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
That's something I think we're already looking into for the Mario Brothers movie, so we will also look info it for this dumb thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Record it in the nightmare barn and let a couple squirrels loose in the back to load up on ambient noise.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Somethingdumb posted:

That's something I think we're already looking into for the Mario Brothers movie, so we will also look info it for this dumb thing.

There is no :swoon: :swoon:-y enough.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Somethingdumb posted:

Oh man, a hundred 'hell yes'es for this. You guys already have a leg up on 98% of the non-central riffers just by knowing how to record your voices cleanly and audibly; being actually funny just pushes that over the top.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Somethingdumb posted:

Hopefully you have it on tape.

Feuerspiel
Apr 27, 2013

Eulisker posted:

This is not available in germany because of some music rights. Is there any way i can get around it and download it?

I use chrome plugin called ProxTube. It gives you a little button that you can press to load a video through a proxy.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Watched your SH1 playthrough and just finished the Chipotle episode of SH2. I even watched the entire SH1 Cake Boss episode though it required much strength on my part. Good stuff, especially the puzzles and when you start getting scared in the SH2 apartments (and also the apartments boss fight- have you guys ever played Dark Souls? blind, of course...).

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
Kyle loves Dark Souls and I have no interest it. I played it for about an hour and didn't like it.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
That metro station design was so weird. Why do we have tiny doors with knobs in an area where big crowds of people move through all day? Jumping down on the tracks makes more sense than a lot of things in that video.

GrandHound
Jun 8, 2013

It Doesn't Matter If You're Alone.

Somethingdumb posted:

Kyle loves Dark Souls and I have no interest it. I played it for about an hour and didn't like it.

That's unfortunate, but I can fully understand why. For all it's good game design and how well written the story is for how immensely subtle is, it's still ungodly levels of punishing for even tiny mistakes and requires a large amount of a willingness to fail multiple times to succeed.

To get back on topic, I still despise the utter bullshit of the subway level. The signs are unclear, the level design is confusing, and it's boring to look at. I was not pleased at all.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

GrandHound posted:

That's unfortunate, but I can fully understand why. For all it's good game design and how well written the story is for how immensely subtle is, it's still ungodly levels of punishing for even tiny mistakes and requires a large amount of a willingness to fail multiple times to succeed.

To get back on topic, I still despise the utter bullshit of the subway level. The signs are unclear, the level design is confusing, and it's boring to look at. I was not pleased at all.

Actually I just don't like the aethsetics and I think it was weird, awkward controls. Its keeping me away from what I otherwise think is a really cool thing

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Somethingdumb posted:

Actually I just don't like the aethsetics and I think it was weird, awkward controls. Its keeping me away from what I otherwise think is a really cool thing

This is why we have Let's Plays.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
"But why? Why...?"

It's finals week and you guys were the one bright spot. Cheers.

e: Also Jon Snow is in Silent Hill Revelation and I also second you guys watching the two SH movies after you finish this. Sean Bean! :heysexy:

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 11, 2013

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

FillInTheBlank posted:

This is why we have Let's Plays.
I barely have time to play games, let alone watch games i don't want to play

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

turtlecrunch posted:

"But why? Why...?"

It's finals week and you guys were the one bright spot. Cheers.

I was listening to some older videos while I was working on my psych paper last night...if I fail, blaming that all on you guys!!

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Somethingdumb posted:

I barely have time to play games, let alone watch games i don't want to play

Well that's what speedruns are for, duh.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

Episode 06: The Underground Railroad
Things do not go smoothly for us in the subway station.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Somethingdumb posted:

Well, for only playing for an hour, I can definitely see that. I can't comment on the aesthetics, but it took me a pretty long time to get a good feel for Demon's Souls controls. The shoulder buttons and the slowness of your movement speed and all that can really be jarring at first.

Of course, like Platinum games, once you get used to the controls, you'll be hard-pressed to want to use any other control set-up ever again.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I absolutely love the ambient spooky music that plays whenever you to to a track that's overrun with doubleheads.

sc0ttmst
Nov 23, 2010

Coconut Indian posted:

I absolutely love the ambient spooky music that plays whenever you to to a track that's overrun with doubleheads.

I'm really glad someone else mentioned this. For the most part, the subway is totally silent. It's only when you run across enemies that the game makes that ungodly screeching noise. And if you're like me, you're playing this game in the pitch black, with good headphones and the volume cranked up way too loud. The first time I ran across that platform with doubleheads I nearly ripped the headphones off my head. That ambient track still makes me feel anxious, even watching this video in a brightly lit room.

Basically what I'm saying is I love Team Silent.

jack_squat
May 7, 2007
Don't expect much.

Somethingdumb posted:

I wonder how many people saw you try to pick up the nutcracker and then leave, and then just...jumped in front of a college-bound train.

I am posting from beyond the grave to report that you are describing my situation.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

jack_squat posted:

I am posting from beyond the grave to report that you are describing my situation.

I quite literally shouted at my laptop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
It doesn't help that I'm also watching their SH2 LP, and was just on the episode where they bumble around the hospital for a while after missing incredibly obvious key.

• Locked thread